The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cockerill complaining again.

+13
red_stag
SecretFly
yappysnap
Geordie
Big
Kingshu
Brendan
Jimpy
beshocked
Luckless Pedestrian
mowgli
formerly known as Sam
beardybrain
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cockerill complaining again. - Page 2 Empty Cockerill complaining again.

Post by beardybrain Wed 17 Oct 2012, 10:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

First off I'm a leicester fan, but I am getting really bored that every time we don't perform, especially in Europe Cockerill makes some remark about it not being the players under performing, but the fact there is a salary cap in England.

Maybe its not the players but him who is underperforming

beardybrain

Back to top Go down

Cockerill complaining again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Cockerill complaining again.

Post by yappysnap Fri 19 Oct 2012, 1:08 pm

Two of those broken 7's had already been long term injured over the last few seasons. Are you telling me the DoR at one of the best clubs in the country couldn't plan ahead, realise they might not actually play again and plan for that?

Or are you trying to make out like the players were actually fine and then suddenly got worse and had to retire. I just don't think it was like that.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 19 Oct 2012, 1:48 pm

Two of those broken 7's had already been long term injured over the last few seasons. Are you telling me the DoR at one of the best clubs in the country couldn't plan ahead, realise they might not actually play again and plan for that?

Well Newby was still playing at the end of last season. The squad additions are normally sorted before the end of the season and so I'd imagine Tigers were thinking they'd lose probably one 7 only. By the time the second was revealed as crocked there would have been very few 7s around and hence the signing of Thorpe.

In an ideal world we'd have grabbed another quality 7 but Tigers struggle to get all their team under the cap as it is. If we'd ended up with 4 quality opensides on the books the budget would have really been stretched.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2