The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Frankie Gavin going to challenge Brook and Khan

4 posters

Go down

Is Frankie Gavin going to challenge Brook and Khan Empty Is Frankie Gavin going to challenge Brook and Khan

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:45 am

In a little over a week Frankie Gavin fights Junior Witter for the British welterweight title. If he was to win this impressively whereabouts does he stand in amongst the other British Welterweights?. Although on the slide Witter is a big test for a novice pro like Gavin and comparable to the best names on Kell Brooks record. With talk of Khan moving up and Hattons return does Gavin have what it takes to mix it with the others.

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

Is Frankie Gavin going to challenge Brook and Khan Empty Re: Is Frankie Gavin going to challenge Brook and Khan

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:59 am

Hard to say, while he is still a novice in the pro game and yet to prove he's above domestic level, he is older than both brook by a year

He looked good when he started but faded away, looked very poor vs woodhouse, then had personal problems that halted his learning curve. Never thought he looked great at welterweight, looked sharper at lightwelter but looks as if he will be a welter from now on.

Witter wot tell us too much but will be a good tar dstick to where he's at. Can't see him facing brook or khan untill he steps it up a bit. Denton Vassell would be a good opponent or Matthew hatton should he beat witter or maybe 1 or 2 more to get his sharpness back

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Is Frankie Gavin going to challenge Brook and Khan Empty Re: Is Frankie Gavin going to challenge Brook and Khan

Post by manos de piedra Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:00 am

I think his career and development has been stalled too much in the last while for him to be mixing it with those other guys in the near future. He probably still a couple of years away from world level even assuming he does have the ability to get there. If he wins the British title I would expect a few defences of that. I dont think he will be on the radar for Brook, Khan and Hatton in the forseeable future.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:20 am

I didn't realise he was 27, I thought he was 3 or 4 years younger. I hope he manages to realise his potential its disappointing to see such a talent wasted.

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:16 am

i dont think he will beat witter. gavin has the talent but not the deterimation to be champ. he lost the woodhouse fight for me and was gived the decision.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down