The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frankie Gavin or Amir Khan: Whose the better boxer?

+4
The Galveston Giant
alanqlm
D4thincarnation
Soldier_Of_Fortune
8 posters

Go down

Frankie Gavin or Amir Khan: Whose the better boxer? Empty Frankie Gavin or Amir Khan: Whose the better boxer?

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed May 04, 2011 10:09 pm

Just been reading about Gavin on Sportinglife and he wants to fight Amir some time in the future and thinkin about it, its a real possability.

Based on a ability, who do you think is the better boxer.

I would say technically Gavin is superior but Khan is faster. It would be an interesing fight if they met

Thoughts?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Frankie Gavin or Amir Khan: Whose the better boxer? Empty Re: Frankie Gavin or Amir Khan: Whose the better boxer?

Post by D4thincarnation Wed May 04, 2011 10:11 pm

Amir Khan.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Frankie Gavin or Amir Khan: Whose the better boxer? Empty Re: Frankie Gavin or Amir Khan: Whose the better boxer?

Post by alanqlm Wed May 04, 2011 10:15 pm

I think technically Gavin looks to be better, though its easy to look good against lower level opposition. Time will tell when he steps up.

Although I think if they were to fight today Gavin would be lucky to reach the 3rd. Give him 2-3 years and another 8-10 fights and could be a smashing match up though.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed May 04, 2011 10:18 pm

Gavin has the potential to reach the heights Khan has but a fight between the two is many years down the line if it's to be competitive. If Gavin was moving along at the speed of Degale then a fight could be visualised in the near future, i agree about your point about Gavin being technically superior but wouldn't tell this early in his career, certainly good to hear him wanting such a fight although he should concentrate on his own career at the moment.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed May 04, 2011 10:18 pm

Gavin has to prove himself at world level. lets see him win a world title or even be a contender for a world title before we start making comparisons.

He had a good win against Lomax last time out and looked good, but needs to step it up a bit, should be looking towards a world title fight next year.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Wed May 04, 2011 10:22 pm

Ive been very impressed with Gavin so far. I think he needs a few more fights under his belt before this but it is good to see him aiming so high! Potential future champ if he keeps working on his game.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed May 04, 2011 11:29 pm

I dont see no variety from Khan anymore which is a bit worrying. And you sort of know what to expect from him in the ring.

I think Gavin has the potential to be better then Khan

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Wed May 04, 2011 11:43 pm

What makes me laugh is that if Amir Khan was proclaiming this after less than ten fights everyone would accuse him of being arrogant.

Gavin is technically a very good fighter, Khan is a good technical fighter and very fast. Would be difficult to say who is the better boxer as they bring different skills to the table.

Having said that I would expect Khan to achieve more in his career.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 04, 2011 11:45 pm

The problem I have with Khan is that he no longer sits on his punches. He relies on very fast combos which appear to lack power to deter some (Maidana). Perhaps he is scared of getting clocked again.

Gavin seems not to have those fears for now. It will be seen how he handles himself against better opposition before comparing the two.

I rate Gavin very highly and see a future, dominant champion.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu May 05, 2011 8:48 am

IMO Gavin looks better now than Khan did two years after turning pro but Gavin had a longer and more sucessful amateur career.

Gavin needs to be moved on at the same rate DeGale has been injury held him up last year but undoubtedly talented.

Gavin looks technically superior to Khan his defence is tighter and his punches are much more accuarate with his feet planted which Khan fails to do now.

Khan has speed over Gavin but he hasn't impressed me lately he doesn't use his jab enough and looks very predictable. Their is little variety in his shots.

Like Azania I'm a big Gavin fan and like his mate DeGale would tip him to be a future P4P top 10 fighter.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down