The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teams for next season

+5
Fernando
GSC
beninho
Critical_mass
Gregers
9 posters

Go down

Teams for next season Empty Teams for next season

Post by Gregers Mon 29 Oct 2012, 11:08 am

I thought I'd set up a place to discuss the teams for next season. Who is going where? Who should come in, who shouldn't have a drive next season?

Red Bull Racing
Sebastian Vettel - CONFIRMED
Mark Webber - CONFIRMED

Ferrari
Fernando Alonso - CONFIRMED
Felipe Massa - CONFIRMED

McLaren Mercedes
Jenson Button - CONFIRMED
Sergio Perez - CONFIRMED

Lotus Renault
Kimi Raikkonen - CONFIRMED
(2nd Seat) - Romain Grosjean?

Mercedes
Lewis Hamilton - CONFIRMED
Nico Rosberg - CONFIRMED (I think)

Sauber
(1st Seat) - Nico Hulkenberg?
(2nd Seat) - ?

Force India
Paul Di Resta - CONFIRMED (I think)
(2nd Seat) - ? (Jaime Alguersuari?)

Williams
(1st Seat) - Pastor Maldonaldo?
(2nd Seat) - ?

Torro Rosso
Daniel Ricciardo - Seat Safe?
Jean Eric-Vergne - Seat Safe?

Caterham
Heikki Kovaleinen - CONFIRMED (I think)
(2nd Seat) - ?

Marussia
Timo Glock - CONFIRMED (I think)
(2nd Seat) - ?

HRT
Pedro de la Rosa - CONFIRMED
(2nd Seat) - ?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Teams for next season Empty Re: Teams for next season

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 11:13 am

The top teams are confirmed and sorted for next year. Kimi will stay for another year at Lotus (confirmed today) and in my opinion will surely be looking to join Red Bull in 2014 because Webber will retire and Vettel could possibly be moving on. Boullier is Grosjean's manager, so I would fully expect him to stay another year. Apparently, Hulkenberg may be possibly staying at Force India next season according to reports after this weekend. Williams will be Maldonado & Bottas in 2013 with Senna replacing Petrov at Caterham. The rest is about who brings in the most money.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 29 Oct 2012, 12:03 pm

Kimi and Grosjean will both be at Lotus next year... certainly Kimi.

I actually thought Senna drove damn well this weekend and would like to see him have another chance next season.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 29 Oct 2012, 2:54 pm

Petrov has outdriven Heikki, this season, i think. surprised if they let him go. He must also bring in some russian reubles aswell.

Hulkenberg to sauber, are sauber that much better then force india?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 3:06 pm

I wouldnt go as far as saying Petrov has outdriven Heikki this season. I just think Heikki's been let down considerably by Caterham over promises they made about challenging the mid-pack. You can see that Heikki's morale is low and that's reflected in his recent performances. Petrov won't be there next season, he admitted he's run out of money, that's why Senna is being heavily linked.

Force India have been much more consistant than Sauber this season, in points finishes for both drivers and superior qualifying pace. It's only Perez's superior performances that have rewarded the team but they don't really represent a true reflection upon the team's actual standing in F1. It's more of a side-ways step for Hulkenberg and that's why he's now having second thoughts. Apparently, Ferrari want him to join Sauber for one season and then replace Massa in 2013.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 30 Oct 2012, 11:10 am

Big rumour on Sutil back to force India

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 30 Oct 2012, 11:24 am

Sutil will be a very lucky boy if he manages to get back in F1.

I'd like to see Heikki in one of the mid pack cars.

Will Ferrari deliver on that promise though and will Hulkenberg want to play second fiddle?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 30 Oct 2012, 12:46 pm

Sutil was/is a decent driver, has he cleared up his assault issue?

I like Heikki, i just dont see him getting a move to a mid pack car, he does not have the funding for a start. And he does not seem to be that much better then the other mid pack drivers.

Think majority of drivers will rather be a well paid second driver in Ferrari then team leader at an also ran team. You dont turn Ferrari down...and i doubt Vettel will. You win the title then you win the title in a ferrari. Makes a difference.

Gutierez (sp) the sauber test driver, he is surely signing on for them isnt he? Another mexican?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 30 Oct 2012, 12:56 pm

Sutil was found guilty of assault, not sure of his punishment.

hmmm i dunno, it could be argued he isnt. But im not sure, would make a good discussion. This is what i hate, teams, going for pay drivers over talent. I dont agree with it. Unless maybe one of the back 3 teams, but certainly not a mid field pack.

I also dont agree with the "you dont turn Ferrari down", its a prestigious team to drive through but its not the be all and end all. Especially considering how the team works these days with the definate no1 and no2 driver. Unless of course a driver is brought in to fill the specific role of no2 driver it would be suicide for a top driver to go there, like Vettel.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 30 Oct 2012, 1:30 pm

Pay drivers have been around for a while, i dont think the ones at present are all that bad. I heard someone say that the drivers have been pushing for funding for so long, and since young, then used to trying to get the cash in. Perez brought a lot of Mexico sponsorship with him to sauber and it has not worked out to bad. Maldonado aswell. But i think if your are very promosing you will still get through. Kimi, vettell, Alonso, Hamilton, Button, all came through as very yoiung drivers without the need for cash. didnt alonso, vettel and kimi start at the same team?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:02 pm

beninho wrote:didnt alonso, vettel and kimi start at the same team?

No. Alonso was at Minardi, Kimi was at Sauber and Vettel obviously started at Toro Rosso. I love how today Kimi has said that just because he's staying at Lotus does not mean he won't end up at Ferrari or McLaren in 2014. I actually think that won't happen and the more realistic route is joining Red Bull in 2014 when Webber retires.

2014 could look like this (the way i want it to go anyway but is actually realistic)

Ferrari - Alonso - Hulkenberg
Red Bull - Vettel - Raikkonen
McLaren - Button - Perez
Mercedes - Hamilton - Rosberg
Lotus - Kubica - Grosjean (Obviously dependent upon Kubica's recovery but it's a mouthwatering line up of drivers in realistic positions come 2014).

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 31 Oct 2012, 9:50 am

Hulkenburg has now signed for Sauber
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:30 am

So my predictions are looking good. It's obvious now that Sutil will replace Hulkenberg at Force India in 2013. Hulkenberg will look to copy the successes of Perez at Sauber and then join Ferrari as Massa's replacement in 2014. I can't see Red Bull alllowing a double driver change going into 2014 with Webber retiring and Vettel joining Ferrari......no way.

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:41 pm

It seems that Kobayashi will be out of Sauber, which is a shame, just never lived up to the potential.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:59 pm

Im not convinced this is a wise move by Sauber due to getting rid of both drivers at once just look at Toro Rosso their development went down hill with Alguersuari/Buemi both leaving even with Vergne in testing it didn't do them any good

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:03 pm

Fernando wrote:Im not convinced this is a wise move by Sauber due to getting rid of both drivers at once just look at Toro Rosso their development went down hill with Alguersuari/Buemi both leaving even with Vergne in testing it didn't do them any good
Totally agree. One of them should have been retained in order to keep progressing.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:19 pm

beninho wrote:It seems that Kobayashi will be out of Sauber, which is a shame, just never lived up to the potential.
Kobi's strength was his exciting racing. When F1 became a game of patience and tyre management his fire seems to have diminished somewhat.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 31 Oct 2012, 5:58 pm

Toro Rosso unchanged is confirmed.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 01 Nov 2012, 8:24 am

I am assuming Sauber will appoint Gutierez, he has been test driver, and i think driven a few free practices. So it gives them some sort of stability. He could well have been involved in setting up next years car.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Thu 01 Nov 2012, 4:36 pm

Hulkenburg's move to Sauber is a very calculated and forward thinking move in my opinion. It provides him to be looked at more closely by Di Montezemelo at Ferrari for possibly a seat in 2014 if the Vettel move doesn't come to fruition.
Nico's move to Sauber also allows him to race without possible distractions externally such as Mallya's Kingfisher Airline hitting turbulence (pardon the pun!) I also believe Sauber are and will always be a decent team therefore Nico can learn the trade even more, possibly as a team leader. I'd like to think his team mate will be Kobayashi but that is looking less likely each day so I'm going to stick my neck out and say Gutierrez.

On the subject of his replacement at Force India I reckon it could be one of four! Adrian Sutil, Jaime Alguesuari, Jules Bianchi or even Hekki Kovalainen. In my opinion Sutil would be lucky to get a seat in F1 again but it could happen. Alguesuari is an interesting one.. Pirelli experience and would more than likely have an idea of how the 2013 tyres are shaping up. Could be a coup. Bianchi.. little sceptical on. Is he ready for Formula one yet? I'm not sure but who knows! is a regular tester so could be one to keep an eye on. Kovalainen is the interesting one.. is he stalling a Caterham deal for a shot at Force India or somewhere else? Would be nice to see Hekki jump up the field. Di Resta has had an average year at best but I seem to think he has more to offer than this year and 2013 will be the year that could make or break him but he is a very solid driver. Just hope he doesn't fall into the mould of Nick Heidfeld..

Williams.. well I really rate Valtterri Bottas.. that kid looks exceptionally good and is well worthy of a race seat. I can only see Maldonado and Bottas here.. Senna dumped.

Caterham could potentially have a new look line-up if Kovalainen and Petrov depart. Vitaly's money has dried up and could be heading to the scrapheap and Hekki could be looking to move. However I reckon it will probably be Kovalainen and either Pic, Senna or Kobayashi joining him at Caterham in 2013.

Marussia retaining Glock and Pic I reckon. Maybe Max Chilton could beat Pic to the punch but Pic looks solid. No real mistakes in his rookie year that is detrimental to him surviving in Formula one.

HRT will keep De La Rosa and then it will probably be Karthikeyan or Clos.

Roll on 2013!

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 28 Nov 2012, 1:34 pm

Maldonado will be partnered by Valtteri Bottas in the Williams next year
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 28 Nov 2012, 11:54 pm

Red Bull Racing
Sebastian Vettel - CONFIRMED
Mark Webber - CONFIRMED

Ferrari
Fernando Alonso - CONFIRMED
Felipe Massa - CONFIRMED

McLaren Mercedes
Jenson Button - CONFIRMED
Sergio Perez - CONFIRMED

Lotus Renault
Kimi Raikkonen - CONFIRMED
(2nd Seat) - Hekki Kovalainen or Grojean

Mercedes
Lewis Hamilton - CONFIRMED
Nico Rosberg - CONFIRMED

Sauber
(1st Seat) - Nico Hulkenberg?
(2nd Seat) - Gutirerrez

Force India
Paul Di Resta - CONFIRMED (I think)
(2nd Seat) - Kobayasai

Williams
(1st Seat) - Pastor Maldonaldo?
(2nd Seat) - Bottas

Torro Rosso
Daniel Ricciardo -
Jean Eric-Vergne -

Caterham
Pic
Senna

Marussia
Timo Glock - CONFIRMED (I think)
(2nd Seat) - Chilton

HRT/New team if bought.
Pedro de la Rosa - CONFIRMED
(2nd Seat) - Clos

just what i think might happen.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 29 Nov 2012, 12:04 pm

Senna won't go to Caterham, Koba might end up there.

Jaime to take the second seat at Force India

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 29 Nov 2012, 12:38 pm

I think he will tbh and he has been strongly linked apparently.

dont think Jamie will get a seat but would be cool to see him on there

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 29 Nov 2012, 12:39 pm

Jaime is in talks apparently, but he doesn't want to bankroll it or drive for Caterham!

Senna doesn't have much money behind him and frankly isn't that good

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 29 Nov 2012, 1:14 pm

Koba linked with Grosjeans seat at Lotus...

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 29 Nov 2012, 1:41 pm

I would be surprised if they did get rid of Grosjean. Boullier is his manager and he is backed by Total. And cannot see any real better alternatives.

Now that Caterham earned the extra money are they likely to keep on Heikki or Petrov, who outdid Heikki towards the end.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 30 Nov 2012, 2:35 pm

Love to see Heikki in the Lotus. He's not the best driver but isnt a bad one and would make less mistakes than Grosjean.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 2:41 pm

Really can't see Grosjean going due to Boullier being his manager and his sponsors backing. Felt that Heikki has somewhat fallen out of love with the sport at Caterham and become frustrated at the financial demands needed to continue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down