The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats your teams best match day 23 going to look like in the new season? Who are you excited about?

+15
Glas a du
DaveM
maestegmafia
the-goon
yappysnap
Geordie
pete (buachaill on eirne)
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Draigoch
red_stag
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
funnyExiledScot
rodders
Bathite
propdavid_london
19 posters

Go down

Whats your teams best match day 23 going to look like in the new season? Who are you excited about? Empty Whats your teams best match day 23 going to look like in the new season? Who are you excited about?

Post by propdavid_london Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:57 pm

Its Quins for me -

Johnston,
Grey (hopefully can kick on - good ball carrier)
Marler (keep learning and sort the hair out, gonna be awesome)
Robson (broke into Saxons - needs to back up with another good season)
Kohn
Robshaw (more of the same)
Easter
Faasavalou (Big hits, big carrier - exciting to watch)
Care
Evans (quality)
Ugo Monye
JTH (not the best of seasons, was surprised to see him in the earlier England mix - seems to have lost confidence and pulls out of contact rather than following through - hopefully off season can sort that Hooper and Ollie Smith can fight for spot)
Lowe (mustard last season - more of the same please)
Sam Smith (promoted to senior squad - can hopefully fill gonzos boots - also the option of Seb Steggman)
Brown (I'm not a fan of Brown, but last season he has started to change my opinion - he seems to have found an extra yard of pace from somewhere)

Bench -
Fairbrother (looking forward to this chap arriving, suspect he will add a bit more dynamism to the tight 5)
Cairns
Mayhew
Guest (will get much more game time this season, quality backup)
Dickson (more of the same, just seemed to get better as the season went on)
Clegg
Ollie Smith (hopefully fully recovered from bad injury - said he has england desires - would love to see him back to his Tigers best)
Matt Hooper (bit of a bosh center ive heard - Hopefully can fight JTH for his spot)

Bench composition isnt quite match day positions but they are players that I would be looking out for.

Whats your new squads going to look like? Do you have different opinions in the quins squad?

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Whats your teams best match day 23 going to look like in the new season? Who are you excited about? Empty Re: Whats your teams best match day 23 going to look like in the new season? Who are you excited about?

Post by Bathite Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:02 pm

BATH

Catt/Flatman
Mears
Perenise/Wilson
Attwood
Hooper
Louw
Moody
Taylor
Claassens
Donald
Biggs
Barkley
Banahan
Carraro
Abendanon

Catt/Flatman
Wilson/Perenise
Dixon
Caldwell
Fearns/Skirving
McMillan
Vesty
Cuthbert

Hipkiss, Mercer, Beech, Bell, Williams all not in the squad!!!

Plenty of competition in front row and back row. In the backs, much will be determined by where Banahan lines up, as that will probably fix Vesty and Carraro's position. Much versatility back there, which is good

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Whats your teams best match day 23 going to look like in the new season? Who are you excited about? Empty Re: Whats your teams best match day 23 going to look like in the new season? Who are you excited about?

Post by rodders Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:07 pm

Hmm a lot of competition for places at Ulster:

15 Payne
14 Trimble
13 Spence
12 Wallace
11 Gilroy
10 Humphreys
9 Pienaar
8 Wannenburg
7 Faloon
6 Ferris
5 Muller
4 Touhy
3 Afoa
2 Best
1 Court

McCallister, Fitzpatrick, Brady, Barker, Diack, Marshall, Marshall, Danielli

I'm looking forward to seeing Payne and Afoa as well as more of the young guys like Marshall, Spence, Faloon, Gilroy and Jackson.

Most of all I'm looking forward to seeing Stephen Ferris back in action.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:13 pm

Fearns was a great signing for Bath from what ive heard.

Fingers crossed that Donald can hit the ground running. I read somewhere that he was having/had a hit and miss season in the SH, hopefully the change of location can get him on track.

I am surprised you left out Hipkiss! I would have Barkley and Hips in 12/13 with Banners out on the wings.
Also Bell dropped for Wilson!

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:15 pm

roddersm wrote:Hmm a lot of competition for places at Ulster:

15 Payne
14 Trimble
13 Spence
12 Wallace
11 Gilroy
10 Humphreys
9 Pienaar
8 Wannenburg
7 Faloon
6 Ferris
5 Muller
4 Touhy
3 Afoa
2 Best
1 Court

McCallister, Fitzpatrick, Brady, Barker, Diack, Marshall, Marshall, Danielli

I'm looking forward to seeing Payne and Afoa as well as more of the young guys like Marshall, Spence, Faloon, Gilroy and Jackson.

Most of all I'm looking forward to seeing Stephen Ferris back in action.

Afoa for me - signing of the year, experiance and good mobility. Ulster is definately going to be taken seriously by all.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:16 pm

I think the Glasgow side looks pretty decent next season once the players return from the WC and assuming no injuries (it's the pre-WC period in which the side will tank).

1.Grant 2.Thomson 3.Low 4.Gray 5.Kellock 6.Harley 7.Barclay 8.Beattie 9.Cusiter 10.Jackson 11.DTH 12.Morrison 13.Nathan 14.Aramburu 15.Seymour

16.Welsh 17.Hall 18.Cusack 19.Ryder 20.Wilson 21.Gregor 22.Weir 23.Horne

Edinburgh have the benefit of not losing too many of the 1st XV to the WC:

1.Jacobsen 2.Ford 3.Cross 4.Gilchrist 5.Lozada 6.Talei 7.Rennie 8.Denton 9.Laidlaw 10.Godman 11.Visser 12.King 13.Cairns 14.Webster 15.CP

16.Traynor 17.Kelly 18.Young 19.Turnbull 20.Grant 21.Blair 22.NDL 23.Jones

Last edited by funnyExiledScot on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:19 pm

On the Quins line-up you posted, I agree with it. Eyes should certainly be on the centre combination of JTH and Lowe, and I hope that Clegg is able to get some good game time next season at 10.

Guest obviously has a great chance to impress whilst Easter is away. I don't think he should accept being second fiddle for much longer. He's good enough to be a starting number 8 in the Premiership.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:20 pm

Interesting thing is that a lot of the 23's wont actually look like that as many senior players will be at the WC, and by the time they are back and rested there may be guys who've put their handss up to demand a spot ahead of them.

Right now though the Tigers first choice side, ignoring callups, isnt really any different to what it was last season. Hard to get excited about that when they had nothing more than a decent season by their standards, even if the sight of a fit Murphy is to be cherished and enjoyed while it lasts.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:21 pm

Very hard to predict Munsters only about half the 1st XV is sure.

Question marks at 12, 13, 9, 8, 6, 2 and 1.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:27 pm

I should have added who I'm excited about next season...

For Glasgow I'm looking forward to Jackson and Weir both hopefully upping their games and challenging eachother to improve. Last season at time it seemed the winner of the 10 jersey was the least bad player. Both have real potential, and I hope it's a real contest next season. Fingers crossed Jackson comes back from the WC with real confidence.

For Edinburgh I'm looking forward to seeing Godman link up with King and Cairns. The centres started to look balanced towards the end of the season, so hopefully with Godman rather than David Blair at the helm, Edinburgh can return to playing the sort of attractive running rugby that brought them some success under Andy Robinson.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:28 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:On the Quins line-up you posted, I agree with it. Eyes should certainly be on the centre combination of JTH and Lowe, and I hope that Clegg is able to get some good game time next season at 10.

Guest obviously has a great chance to impress whilst Easter is away. I don't think he should accept being second fiddle for much longer. He's good enough to be a starting number 8 in the Premiership.
Your right Scot - I was very surprised (and happy) when Guest decided to stay with Quins. I recall that he was injured for a lot of the last season so I'm really looking forward to him getting more gametime.
Its a good combination though with Easter, he does the donkey work and then on comes Guest with 20mins left and a fresh pair of legs - causes mayhem. Definately one to watch, and in the Croft mould.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Draigoch Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:42 pm

I'll have a crack at the Os:

Richard Fussell
Tommy Bowe
Andrew Bishop
Ashley Beck
Shane Williams
Dan Biggar
Rhys Webb

Paul James
Richard Hibbard
Adam Jones
Ian Evans
Alyn Wyn Jones (c)
Ryan Jones
Justin Tipuric
Jon Bearman

Huw Bennett, Ryan Bevington, Tom Smith, Jonathan Thomas, George Stowers, Kahn Fotuali'i, Hanno Dirksen, Tom Prydie.

More likely than not that Walker takes Dirksen/Prydie's spot on the bench, but I hope not.

Draigoch

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:49 pm

I must say, not sure I like the look of that Ospreys midfield much, although I think the pack looks good. Bearman was a good signing.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:50 pm

Exeter Chiefs:
Sturgess
Clarke
Mitchell/Budgen/Tui/Andress
Hayes/Short
Hanks
Johnson
Scaysbrook
Phillips/Baxter
Thomas/Barrett
Steenson/Dorrian/Mieres
Jess/Camacho
Tatupu/Rennie
Shoemark
Naqelevuki
Arscott

Moon
Alcott/Whitehead
Budgen/Tui/Andress
Hayes/Short
Slade/White
Thomas/Barrett
Steenson/Dorrian/Mieres
Dollman/Sestaret

V difficult to know what will be Rob Baxter's best XXIII out of that lot

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Draigoch Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:54 pm

Scot - Yeah I agree with you really. Beck showed last year that he has the potential to step up and really be a classy midfield operator, but I think next year might be too early really. Maybe the Ospreys might be in the market for a centre, heard of any All Blacks being released? Smile

Draigoch

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:54 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Interesting thing is that a lot of the 23's wont actually look like that as many senior players will be at the WC, and by the time they are back and rested there may be guys who've put their handss up to demand a spot ahead of them.

Right now though the Tigers first choice side, ignoring callups, isnt really any different to what it was last season. Hard to get excited about that when they had nothing more than a decent season by their standards, even if the sight of a fit Murphy is to be cherished and enjoyed while it lasts.

Very true - Quins without call-ups

Joe Marler, Prop
Joe Gray, Hooker
Tim Fairbrother, Prop
Ollie Kohn, Second Row
George Robson, Second-row
Will Skinner, Back row
Tom Guest, Back row
Chris York, Back row
Karl Dickson, Scrum-half
Nick Evans, Fly-half
Sam Smith, Wing
George Lowe, Centre
Jordan Turner-Hall, Centre
Tom Williams, Winger / Full Back
Mike Brown, Full-back

Mark Lambert, Prop
Tomas Vallejos, Second-row
Luke Wallace, Back row
Seb Stegmann, Wing
Nick Mayhew, Prop
Rory Clegg, Fly-half
Ross Chisholm, Full-back
Matt Hopper, Centre

Squad Leftovers - only 2
Tom Casson, Centre
Ollie Smith, Centre

It gets rather tough if all internationals are out at the same time + a lot of pressure on academy lads.
Quins have a few in the England U20's that are pretty useful though.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:55 pm

...do you think Nonu would get in the team ahead of Bishop??

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:56 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Exeter Chiefs:
Sturgess
Clarke
Mitchell/Budgen/Tui/Andress
Hayes/Short
Hanks
Johnson
Scaysbrook
Phillips/Baxter
Thomas/Barrett
Steenson/Dorrian/Mieres
Jess/Camacho
Tatupu/Rennie
Shoemark
Naqelevuki
Arscott

Moon
Alcott/Whitehead
Budgen/Tui/Andress
Hayes/Short
Slade/White
Thomas/Barrett
Steenson/Dorrian/Mieres
Dollman/Sestaret

V difficult to know what will be Rob Baxter's best XXIII out of that lot
Cammacho was a good signing from Quins - he was just starting to motor when he left - would probably start with him

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:57 pm

Leinster

Healy Strauss Ross
Skyes Cullen
SOB Heaslip Jennings
Reddan Sexton
McFadden O'Driscoll
Carr Nacewa Horgan

Van Der Merwe, Cronin, McLaughlin, Ruddock, Boss, Berquist, Fitzgerald/Conway

Very excited about McFadden and Carr. Also want to see our front row kick on from where they were last season in scrummaging and the loose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:02 pm

I think i speak for most Falcon fans when i say we are slightly apprehensive to see what our new signings will be like...but equally anticipate mediocrity rather than top recruits....hopefully we'll be proved wrong Smile

I suspect we will be something like:

1 Golding
2 Vickers
3 Murray
4 Hudson
5 Van der Heijden
6 Swinson / Mayhew
7 Welch / Pennycook / Wilson
8 Hogg

9 Pilgrim
10 Gopperth
11 Fielden
12 Helleur
13 Eves
14 Shortland
15 Catterick.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Draigoch Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:03 pm

Scot - With Nonu's experience we could afford to be more flexible with the backline - bring Bowe into 13 etc.. we have plenty of boys jumping to have a chance at a wing spot (Phillips, Dirksen, Prydie, E. Walker). It would give us a lot more of a cushion as opposed to hoping that a Beck-Bishop midfield works from the get go, and then being buggered if they don't step up.

I still have hopes of the Os doing well in the HC knockouts!
Very Happy

Draigoch

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:05 pm

It's not just the Beck/Bishop link that's concerning, but the added combination of Biggar inside them. Seems slightly limited to me.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:22 pm

That looks about right for Quins, although i'm not sure if the extended squad call ups will miss much of the season and i can't see Monye making the WC squad, so i'd expect to have him back.

Is Maurie F playing for a team in the WC?

Players i'm ecited about next season:
Lowe and Guest- If they both carry on from last will be brilliant for us and i'd hope to see Saxons call ups maybe in the future.

Newer players to break in to the team:
Fairbrother, Hopper, Sam Smith and Stegmann all look like they could become regulars in the 23 and i'd be happy with either of those wingers starting over Williams.

As a final point i have to disagree about JTH, i thought last season he was back to some of his top form. the 09/10 season he was poor, but mainly i'd have that down to injury and a generally poor performing quins team. I'm not sure he will ever make the Eng side, but he may be a late bloomer, like Nonu.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:28 pm

Leinster during the WC (assuming all of McFadden, Fitz, Kearney, Boss, McLaughlin and Jennings are selected for the WC- if one isn't they will start)

VDM, Strauss, Hagan
Skykes, Toner
Ruddock, Ryan, Browne
??? (heard Willis will cover for WC)
Berquist
Carr, Macken, O'Malley, Conway
Nacewa (D Kearney- with Nacewa moving to IC)

After WC

Healy, Strauss/Cronin, Ross
Skykes, Cullan,
SOB, Jennings, Heaslip
Redden
Sexton
Nacewa/ Fitz/Conway, McFadden/ D'Arcy, BOD, Horgan/Carr
Kearney/Nacewa

Hagan, VDM, Strauss/Cronin, Toner/McLaughlin, Ruddock/Ryan, Boss, Berquist (perhaps a 2nd 11-15 as Nacewa can cover OH), Fitz/Conway/McFadden/ D'Arcy/Horgan/Carr

So many options in the backs its incredible! I think Kearney will get his place back at FB (part IRFU directive, part regaining form), Horgan and D'Arcy will prob be phased out of the team but will still offer plenty and its up to the young guns to push them out.

Last edited by the-goon on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:38 pm

yappysnap wrote:That looks about right for Quins, although i'm not sure if the extended squad call ups will miss much of the season and i can't see Monye making the WC squad, so i'd expect to have him back.

Is Maurie F playing for a team in the WC?

Players i'm ecited about next season:
Lowe and Guest- If they both carry on from last will be brilliant for us and i'd hope to see Saxons call ups maybe in the future.

Newer players to break in to the team:
Fairbrother, Hopper, Sam Smith and Stegmann all look like they could become regulars in the 23 and i'd be happy with either of those wingers starting over Williams.

As a final point i have to disagree about JTH, i thought last season he was back to some of his top form. the 09/10 season he was poor, but mainly i'd have that down to injury and a generally poor performing quins team. I'm not sure he will ever make the Eng side, but he may be a late bloomer, like Nonu.

I would think that Samoa would be daft not to call him up! Although I havent seen their WC training squad. It would certainly be good to keep Maurie around.

I wouldnt be so sure about Ugo either! Look at the competitors for the wing berth in MJ's squad. Strettle, JSD and Sharples.
Strettle and JSD still have defensive frailties (yes they score points too). Sharples is the only other well rounded winger in the squad.
Also, Monye has a good boot and (at a very long shot, can cover 15 - worst case scenario). There was also a massive smile on MJ's face when Ugo scored in the baabaa's match.

For me, the jury is still out on JTH, he just hasnt hit the heights of his breakthrough season. And, I havent seen him break a tackle for nearly 2 seasons - thats my only gripe. And hopefully the competition from Hooper and Ollie Smith (+ Casson) will encourage the old JTH back.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:44 pm

I can't see Kearney getting his place back really. Nacewa is just so good and the 15 role is so influential. Can't see it happening myself

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:45 pm

Ospreys

1. Paul James
2. Richard Hibbard
3. Adam Jones
4. Alun Wynn Jones
5. Ian Evans
6. George Stowers
7. Justin Tuperic (c)
8. Ryan Jones
9. Rhys Webb
10. Dan Biggar
11. Shane Williams
12. Ashley Beck
13. Andrew Bishop
14. Tommy Bowe
15. Tom Prydie

Bench. Duncan Jones, Huw Bennett, Ryan Jones, Jonathan Thomas, Kahn Fotuali'i, Gareth Owen, Richard Fussell

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:04 pm

Maesteg, Ryan Jones at 8 and on the bench, but no Bearman?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:17 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Maesteg, Ryan Jones at 8 and on the bench, but no Bearman?
Yep. Bearman will be injured all year so we'll wait and see if he can get in to the team.

Will be interesting to see if youngsters like Morgan Allen can step up soon..

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Thu 30 Jun 2011, 4:58 pm

I don't get the Lowe thing. I've never seen him have a bad game, but I've never seen him have a truely outstanding one either. For me he's the OC version of Anthony Allen, and I think players like Trinder and Daly just have more about them in attack, let alone Tuilagi. I thought Hooper was a 13, so it will be interesting to see what happens there.

I hope to see more of Casson this season. JTH definitely finished the season well, but you wouldn't describe him as looking undroppable yet.

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:35 pm

Scarlets:

15 Newton
14 Stoddart
13 Davies
12 Williams
11 Lamont
10 Jones
9 Knoyle

1 Thomas
2 Rees
3 Thomas
4 Cooper
5 Welch
6 Turnbull
8 Morgan
7 Pugh

16 John
17 Myhill
18 Edwards
19 Reed
20 Edwards
21 Davies
22 Priestland
23 Fenby
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 01 Jul 2011, 1:41 pm

Glas - I think Vern is retirering.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:47 pm

DaveM wrote:I don't get the Lowe thing. I've never seen him have a bad game, but I've never seen him have a truely outstanding one either. For me he's the OC version of Anthony Allen, and I think players like Trinder and Daly just have more about them in attack, let alone Tuilagi. I thought Hooper was a 13, so it will be interesting to see what happens there.

I hope to see more of Casson this season. JTH definitely finished the season well, but you wouldn't describe him as looking undroppable yet.
I got the impression that Lowe and JTH were a pretty solid pair - defensively. Last season was his break through season, and it would be good to see George back it up with another performance.
You are right, Casson didnt get much of a look in. But I thought that the stand-out was Chisholm(?). Young guy, seemed to take great lines and scored great tries. Perhaps another to keep an eye on.
The Gloucester youngsters do look sharp though - Trinder, Sharples, May ect.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:54 pm

Glas a du wrote:Scarlets:

15 Newton
14 Stoddart
13 Davies
12 Williams
11 Lamont
10 Jones
9 Knoyle

1 Thomas
2 Rees
3 Thomas
4 Cooper
5 Welch
6 Turnbull
8 Morgan
7 Pugh

16 John
17 Myhill
18 Edwards
19 Reed
20 Edwards
21 Davies
22 Priestland
23 Fenby

Is Damien Welch considered first choice? He played well in the welsh premiership and has looked good everytime I have seen him for the Scarlets. He doesn't seem to play too often though?

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:16 pm

Saints 2011 - 2012. First team is during the WC, second team is for when all the internatiolas return injury free (fingers crossed).

Players marked with an * indicates players who may go to NZ but it's not certain. I can't see Doran-Jones making Englands squad unless there are injuries as I think he is currently 6th choice prop and although Tonga'uiha declared himself available earlier this year I've not heard anything yet (and surley Tonga have better non Northampton playing props available!).

Tonga'uiha*, Sharman, Mujati
Sorenson, Day
Dowson, Wilson, Clark
Dickson, Myler
Diggin, Downey, Clarke, Cato
Tonks

Haywood, Waller, Doran-Jones*, Manoa, Nutley
Roberts, Lamb / May, Elliot

Tonga'uiha, Hartley, Mujati
Lawes, Day
Wood, Wilson, Dowson
Dickson, Myler
Diggin, Downey, Clarke, Ashton
Foden

Sharman, Waller, Doran-Jones, Sorenson, Clark
Roberts, Lamb / May, Pisi

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:58 pm

Can't see Kearney getting back into the team, Nacewa is to good at the minute. Kearney's more defensive style won't offer as much but he's great cover. Really looking forward to Conway getting some game time.

Rocky

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:14 pm

Is Damien Welch considered first choice? He played well in the welsh premiership and has looked good everytime I have seen him for the Scarlets. He doesn't seem to play too often though?

No, not by the management. I think he deserves to be though. Cooper can't possibly play much more and they think a lot of Lou Reed.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Fri 01 Jul 2011, 11:28 pm

Last season there was lots of talk about Quins' front 5 not being good enough. I think they are getting there. However, if Quins want to progress I think they need to find a little more attacking flair from one or two of 11, 12, 13, 14.

I agree Chisholm looks an exciting prospect though.

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 02 Jul 2011, 12:00 pm

As the season went on Lowe's role changed from an attacking threat to organising our defence, he now has a lot more control over the backline but isn't running as much himself.

Lots was said about Chisholm from the age groups and it looks like he may well make the step up this season coming, i hope so as Casson seems to have stalled a bit.

Davem, that backline last season didn't have some of our key attacking threats in it for long periods.

When we have one of Stegmann or Sam Smith on the wing then there will be a lot more danger from us outwide.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down