The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deontay Wilder Signs To Fight Price

+3
BoxingFan88
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
AlexHuckerby
7 posters

Go down

Deontay Wilder Signs To Fight Price Empty Deontay Wilder Signs To Fight Price

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 10 Nov 2012 - 12:40

Well... Ok, Kelvin Price... But, at long last this guy isn't a bum!!

He's 37, granted, but is 6"7, in genuinely good shape, quick on his feet, has decent power, is unbeaten (Albeit not against top quality opp.) and is trained by Roy Jones Sr. You can tell from the awkward style etc.

Now, whilst I expect Wilder to win, he has for the first time got a fighter that he doesn't simply tower over, is out of shape and just coming for a paycheque, he's against a guy who is there to win.

He has one decent win on his ledger, against fellow American, Tor Hamer who was undefeated at the time and had a good amateur background and has since gone onto win against Tom Dallas and a few other decent fighters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Jr9zxK9jg

This is part of said fight, that was a few years ago and he has improved since then, whilst he isn't the second coming, for once he isn't fighting a pushover, it took 25 fights, but finally a guy that can ask a question, thoughts?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Deontay Wilder Signs To Fight Price Empty Re: Deontay Wilder Signs To Fight Price

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 10 Nov 2012 - 13:05

I guess it's a step up from the garbage he has fought recently but Price isn't going to test him that much, he is too open and is doesn't have the speed or the reflexes to fight the way he fights and Wilder will be happy at how low Price keeps his lef thand down by his hip as his right hand is wilders power punch

The way he adapts/copes with his size which will be key and will be a leaning fight for him

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Deontay Wilder Signs To Fight Price Empty Re: Deontay Wilder Signs To Fight Price

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 10 Nov 2012 - 13:56

Tor Hamer won Prizefighter as well.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 10 Nov 2012 - 14:02

For me, this is the real beginning of Wilder, they held him back for a long time, getting good sparring but facing cans. Like I said I expect Wilder to win, but for the first time he's in with someone who can ask a question.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sat 10 Nov 2012 - 18:13

You misleading rascal

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 10 Nov 2012 - 18:20

Yeah i thought it was David, still at least it's good to see him step it up.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sat 10 Nov 2012 - 18:24

Finally! when is this fight with kelvin price happening?

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 10 Nov 2012 - 20:40

I hate you Alexhuckerby.

Reading that headline was like sh@gging Megan Fox then finding out she's got aids.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy glitter pants Sat 10 Nov 2012 - 20:45

TheMackemMawler wrote:I hate you Alexhuckerby.

Reading that headline was like sh@gging Megan Fox then finding out she's got aids.

exactly my thoughts but with Leprosy.

jimmy glitter pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down