The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Wins and Why?

+24
AlexHuckerby
John Bloody Wayne
compelling and rich
milkyboy
Super D Boon
WelshDevilRob
hogey
fearlessBamber
superflyweight
The genius of PBF
Imperial Ghosty
manos de piedra
azania
ONETWOFOREVER
coxy0001
Volcanicash
NathanDB10
Herman Jaeger
88Chris05
Gordy
Seanusarrilius
ShahenshahG
rycoys
mobilemaster8
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who Wins and Why? Empty Who Wins and Why?

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 4:39 pm

Okay, a Sunday afternoon topic for you to think about.

Who wins the following fights and why:

Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis 2

Wladamir Klitschko vs Joe Fraizer

David Haye vs George Foreman

Floyd Mayweather vs Sugar Ray Leonard

Carl Froch vs Joe Calzaghe

Manny Pacquiao vs Robert Duran

Thoughts???????

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Who Wins and Why? Empty Re: Who Wins and Why?

Post by rycoys Sun 11 Nov 2012, 4:50 pm

tough one ! but in a nutshell lewis wins a better boxer and stinging jab , wlad wins too strong and is alowed to hold to much, haye wins too elusive and too fast , mayweather suger ray too close to call !! calzaghe wins southpaw would cause froch problems , manyy wins too fast duran too easy too hit !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 11 Nov 2012, 4:51 pm

Lewis - Much more varied and just as gutsy

Wlad marginally favourite - Too big and Frazier too light although its a 55-45 to wlad.

Foreman - Cuts off thr ring like no mans business and crushes hayes head or body.

FMJ or SRL. 50-50 I'd go with Mayweather - SRL is fast but he is on the outside and Mayweather avoids a lot of his punches and ekes out a decision - no argument if someone sees it other way

Calzaghe - Comfortable Ud, Froch is slower than Calzaghe and the cruder of the two by fair. Couple of uncomfortable rounds followed by Joe stepping up a gear and overwhelming Carl

Roberto Duran - Late KO - He murders Pacquiaos weak(er) spot - the body, uses his footwork, his feints, timing and subtle defense to disrupt Manny in whatever he tries to do and grinds him down in a gruelling fight

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 11 Nov 2012, 4:51 pm

Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis 2 - Lewis - because he had the better offensive skillset and hit harder

Wladamir Klitschko vs Joe Fraizer - Toughy. On one hand I say Joe would have caught Wlad with a big left hook and done him. On the other I could see Wlad vaporizing with a jab. Will say Wlad

David Haye vs George Foreman - Foreman. All day long. That piston jab and Haye could never KO Foreman

Floyd Mayweather vs Sugar Ray Leonard - Leonard. Combos, speed, footwork and pop. Easy UD

Carl Froch vs Joe Calzaghe - Caslappy by pts. Froch would have to KO him and I don't think he could have

Manny Pacquiao vs Robert Duran -Duran at LW would have crushed Manny on the inside.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 11 Nov 2012, 5:08 pm

rycoys wrote:tough one ! but in a nutshell lewis wins a better boxer and stinging jab , wlad wins too strong and is alowed to hold to much, haye wins too elusive and too fast , mayweather suger ray too close to call !! calzaghe wins southpaw would cause froch problems , manyy wins too fast duran too easy too hit !

Shocked Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Pw2elzBik

7:20 onwards

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 11 Nov 2012, 5:17 pm

Are you crazy?? None of thee fights are even close! Haye would not last one round with Foreman. Haye has lost to far worse fighters than Foreman. He lost to that giant Russian boxer but the judges gave him the decision. Since when does running, hiding and barely throwing a punch win you a fight?? When are people going to realise that this is the worst ever era for heavyweights. Lewis would beat any heavyweight except for Ali so its pointless to put him in fights with much worse opponents. Ali v Lewis would be a great fight and one that would be close but Alis lightning speed and rope a dope would make the differance. Calzaghe would completely embarrass Froch and sorry Mayweather is a good fighter but he is overrated and would not beat Sugar Ray Leonard who was one of the best boxers of all time!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 5:18 pm

There's a thread on the possibility of Vitali-Lewis II further down the page, so I'll just keep my idea of that one as short as possible. If we're talking about a 2003 / 2004 rematch, rather than matching them prime for prime, then Lewis by an extremely close and maybe even controversial / unpopular decision.

Not easy to call Wladimir against Frazier. Joe had the movement and craft to make Wladimir miss and to get under his guard, but at the same time Joe is giving away about seven inches in height, three stone in weight and God only knows how much in reach, against a man who knows how to use all of those advantages. Frazier had a fragile set up, insofar as he only needed to be a fraction of the pace for his world to fall apart. If he's napping early on, as he was prone to do now and then, or if his head movement is even slightly off, he's likely to be taking a lot of leather early doors and Wladimir will keep him on the deck if he gets enough cracks at his chin. In his second fight with Ali, Frazier was basically kept out of it by Ali's ability to tie him up, lean and outmuscle him, something Wlad knows how to do better than anyone. Gun to my head, I think Wladimir stops a terribly exhausted Frazier late on. He's only a narrow favourite, mind you.

Haye is a nice little snack for Foreman. If he gets discouraged after taking a few hard jabs against Wladimir then I'd dread to think how he's going to be feeling after Foreman's buzzed him. George just too big, hits far too hard and could walk through much of what Haye has to offer, I think. Foreman by stoppage in the mid rounds.

Mayweather and Leonard share so many similarities, but I'm happy to say that Leonard beats him just about every time. Ray is the eighties version of Floyd but with the added bonus of being naturally the bigger man and also hitting harder. Mayweather's too good to be disgrace here, but he loses a decision to Ray, I think. 116-112, or something like that, to Leonard.

Calzaghe beats Froch in a competitive fight, I think. Froch can't outwork Calzaghe and can't stop him, and he can't beat him at range, either. He'd make Calzaghe work for his victory, of course, but I think Calzaghe beats him in a similar manner to how he beat Kessler, something like 116-112 or 117-111.

Duran has too much for Pacquiao, in my eyes. Duran could be vulnerable early on when he didn't afford his opponent their due respect, and Manny is the quicker man here, so I can see Duran having some struggles early on. But he's a better range fighter than Pacquiao (the idea that he needed his man to stand and trade with him is a myth) and the bigger hitter on top of that, as well. I have a feeling that Manny might make it to the final bell, even at Duran's treasured 135 lb, but I imagine he'd be looking worse for wear when it rings. Duran by 116-112 in a twelve-rounder, a couple of points wider over the fifteen round course.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 11 Nov 2012, 6:02 pm

'and he can't beat him at range, either.'

Why, because you say so chris? Can we all go home now? Froch couldn't beat Abrahams or Bute either could he according to you ? What was that bit about the 35%? I can't quite remember. Sounded clever at the time though. Even authoritative.

Sometimes wonder chris, if you have a still to be published biography of Calzaghe that you started as a school project and have been working on for years. Are you going to add a new chapter which includes the bit about where Joe relinquishes his WBC belt and how, if he had taken one more fight at the weight, just one more, it would have to have been against the winner of Froch/Pascal? And how Calzaghe said directly post Hopkins that he was thinking of moving back down to SM because he was 'meaner and sharper at the weight?'

Sorry chris, honestly no offense intended, but I entirely disagree with your opinion on the range question. And on whether Froch can stop Joe. Not saying he does, but it's a very real possibility for me. Remember everyone was saying Froch/Bute would be the yardstick as to how Calzaghe/Froch would go? Anyway for me chris, you should move away from this dogmatic approach you've adopted of late. You're much better than that.

Last edited by Herman Jaggery on Sun 11 Nov 2012, 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 11 Nov 2012, 6:07 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
rycoys wrote:tough one ! but in a nutshell lewis wins a better boxer and stinging jab , wlad wins too strong and is alowed to hold to much, haye wins too elusive and too fast , mayweather suger ray too close to call !! calzaghe wins southpaw would cause froch problems , manyy wins too fast duran too easy too hit !

Shocked Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Pw2elzBik

7:20 onwards
class stuff but just think manny hand speed would be too much imo, it would be a right tear up tho !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 6:15 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:Sorry chris, honestly no offense intended, but I entirely disagree with your opinion on the range question.

No offence taken (again), but I'd have to ask why you're incapable of just saying that and then giving your reasons as to why, rather than coming across as a stuck up twerp with some bizarre desire to play a never-ending game of oneupmanship with me.

I offered my opinion, which is all anyone can do on here. I dare say that you've not been unremittingly correct on every fight you've ever predicted either, but I've got better things to do then copy and past each of your incorrect calls in to Microsoft Word in the hope that I can revisit them the next time you offer a take on things which differs from mine.

For the last time, I'm not a massive Calzaghe fan, and I'm not a Froch 'hater', as you've accused me of being in the past, either.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 11 Nov 2012, 6:24 pm

Sorry chris, just wanted to highlight that you're coming across as very anti Froch recently, despite your protestations. That was basically the sole reason for the rant. Really no offense chris, and by the way, my Poopie smells like truffles. thumbsup

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 6:25 pm

Prime for prime, Lewis shades it. But a real rematch, i.e. 2004ish, VK by mid-round stoppage.

Tough one, obviously Frazier is the better fighter in ATG stakes, but just because of the huge size difference, in a real match, I would have to favour Wlad. Whenever Frazier gets in ranger, Wlad would just lean on him like the Haye fight. I also think the height difference would take the edge off Frazier's power (punching upwards). Make Wlad 60/40 favourite.

Foreman by devastating KO in 1. I'd pay to see that one.

A boaring chess match IMO. I think SRL's greater punching variety + the fact that he tended to throw more than one at a time could lead to a boaring UD. I doubt Mayweather can KO SRL (in fact I'm sure of it), and he isn't active enough to win a decision. Could be close, but you would think SRL would find a way.

I reckon Froch could keep Calslappy on the end of his jab to win a fair few rounds. (I think Froch has the slightly longer reach). Obviously most people would say Calzaghe's superior work-rate could win it, but I think it would be more competitve, proviced Froch starts as fast as he did with Bute. I'll take Froch by SD, after flooring Calzaghe early.

Pick'em for me. Pac is just as tough and fast as Duran. Probably depend on the weight. Would probably need a series to decide.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 6:36 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:Sorry chris, just wanted to highlight that you're coming across as very anti Froch recently, despite your protestations.

Presumably, then, you'll level that same accusation at anyone who picks Calzaghe to beat Froch, as well as those who were backing Buté to beat him a few months back? Because there were plenty in each instance, rather than just me.

I've dipped in to my permanently light pockets to watch Froch fight live and in the flesh about a dozen times, ranging from his days in the English title class right up to his defeat of Buté. When talking of the times I've met him, I've told anyone who'll listen that he's always been unfailingly polite, happy to give up his time (he's signed an absolute shed load of stuff for my younger brother, for example) and has made the effort to have a proper conversation. When posting at stupid o'clock in the morning after getting home from the Buté fight, I happily stated that I was delighted to be so wrong and that the fight, the result, the atmosphere of the evening and the fact that it was in my home town made it the best night I've ever experienced as a fan of the sport.

So when you keep rearing your head - such as your rant at me a few months back, which went something along the lines of "Haha, Chris picks Hagler to beat Froch? Well he picked Abraham to beat him as well so why should we listen, he hates Carl!" - to tell me that I'm anti-Froch, I'm sure you can see why it riles me up.

Rant over.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 11 Nov 2012, 6:52 pm

NathanDB10 wrote:Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis 2
Prime for prime, Lewis shades it. But a real rematch, i.e. 2004ish, VK by mid-round stoppage.

Tough one, obviously Frazier is the better fighter in ATG stakes, but just because of the huge size difference, in a real match, I would have to favour Wlad. Whenever Frazier gets in ranger, Wlad would just lean on him like the Haye fight. I also think the height difference would take the edge off Frazier's power (punching upwards). Make Wlad 60/40 favourite.

A boaring chess match IMO. I think SRL's greater punching variety + the fact that he tended to throw more than one at a time could lead to a boaring UD. I doubt Mayweather can KO SRL (in fact I'm sure of it), and he isn't active enough to win a decision. Could be close, but you would think SRL would find a way.

I reckon Froch could keep Calslappy on the end of his jab to win a fair few rounds. (I think Froch has the slightly longer reach). Obviously most people would say Calzaghe's superior work-rate could win it, but I think it would be more competitve, proviced Froch starts as fast as he did with Bute. I'll take Froch by SD, after flooring Calzaghe early.

Pick'em for me. Pac is just as tough and fast as Duran. Probably depend on the weight. Would probably need a series to decide.

Foreman by devastating KO in 1. I'd pay to see that one
good inpartial view of the fight there!! Whistle

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 7:00 pm

rycoys wrote:

I thought it was calm and objective. Very Happy

In all seriousness, is there really any other outcome?

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Sun 11 Nov 2012, 7:05 pm

Lewis Tko/UD Will be better prepared and motivated this time.

Frazier Will get inside unloading hurtful body shots, Wlad will have to punch down but will fail land enough cleanly against the bobbin and weavin maruading style of smokin Joe, who will stop in the late rounds.

Foreman Haye no chance

Leanord close but just the busier fighter.

Calzaghe close competitive fight and may get dropped once or twice, but takes an Sd as it would probably be in his hometown.

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 11 Nov 2012, 7:30 pm

NathanDB10 wrote:
rycoys wrote:

I thought it was calm and objective. Very Happy

In all seriousness, is there really any other outcome?

yeh , i see haye frustrating big george with fast counters , like ali fight george becomes desprate and hes stamina lets him down leaving haye to pick up the late rounds with hes fast hands gets sd or late stoppage? all depends on george getting to haye early imo if he does then like you say its lightsout in the jungle for haye! , [ im not compearing haye to ali tho]

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 7:32 pm

Thats got to be a wind up. Foreman will cut the ring off, Haye doesn't have the footwork or punch output to deter Foreman. Foreman might not be quick, but he was good at cutting the ring off.

Haye would be anihilated.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 11 Nov 2012, 7:35 pm

Haye lost to Klitschko and should have lost to that other useless giant Russian. If he cant even beat those heavyweights how could anyone give him a prayer of beating Foreman??

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 11 Nov 2012, 7:45 pm

NathanDB10 wrote:Thats got to be a wind up. Foreman will cut the ring off, Haye doesn't have the footwork or punch output to deter Foreman. Foreman might not be quick, but he was good at cutting the ring off.

does nt have the punch output but certainly has the footwork , just looking at all possible outcomes

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 7:53 pm

rycoys wrote:
NathanDB10 wrote:Thats got to be a wind up. Foreman will cut the ring off, Haye doesn't have the footwork or punch output to deter Foreman. Foreman might not be quick, but he was good at cutting the ring off.

does nt have the punch output but certainly has the footwork , just looking at all possible outcomes

Got to disagree on that one. Foreman wouldn't just follow Haye round like Valuev did. He would aggressively close Haye down, back him up onto the ropes/corner and then, job done.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 7:59 pm

Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis 2:

Lewis comes in focused and outboxes someone with an inferior technique. Didn't give Vitali his attention due to, as Lewis was lazy for, the respect he maybe should have. Would be a 117-111 sort of wide UD.

Wladamir Klitschko vs Joe Fraizer:

Frazier consistently goes after Wlad early and doesn't let him settle in to a rhythm. 4th round TKO after battering Wlad along the ropes.

David Haye vs George Foreman:

Foreman inside 2. Unless Haye was able to really, really run hard. In the end Big George would find him, which in that case makes it inside 3.

Floyd Mayweather vs Sugar Ray Leonard:

huge, huge pick'em for me. @ 147 there's only really FMJ who could handle the SRL conundrum of speed and ability (cue lots of whinging about the other obvious name) since he came along. Would all come down to strategy and whether Mayweather Jr would be active enough, feel SRL would force him in to throwing more. But give them 6 fights and you probably wouldn't see more than a 115-112 swing on most of the scorecards. Feel FMJ would be able to frustrate SRL and force him in to mistakes.

Carl Froch vs Joe Calzaghe:

Rate Wards natural ability above that of JCs for starters. Feel Froch's awkwardness and underrated boxing ability would win him rounds, it just depends on whether he was able to draw JC in to his kind of fight. And lets not forget Calzaghe couldn't exactly keep him off of him. Side note, but Ward boxes rings around JC all night long.

Manny Pacquiao vs Robert Duran:

Duran for me in a trilogy of massive wars. But not by much. Would just be that bit too cute for Pacquiao and would come out with 3 tight but non-questionable UDs and a possible stoppage in one. But heck, what fights they'd be.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 11 Nov 2012, 8:24 pm

I will comment on Wlad v Frazier because I watched Frazier v Bugner earlier today.

Frazier was relentless when up close. Wlad could keep him off for a while as he is very good at fighting from distance but he will always grab and hold when Frazier gets inside and it will not help him against smoking who would throw uppercuts, left hooks, and sickning body shots on Wlad.

When Wlad is ready to go Joe would most likely finish him, man was a brute.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Nov 2012, 8:27 pm

Duran vs Pacquiao would be one hell of a fight while it lasted. We'd be talking fight of the year, fight of the decade, fight of all time right there!

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 11 Nov 2012, 8:58 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I will comment on Wlad v Frazier because I watched Frazier v Bugner earlier today.

Frazier was relentless when up close. Wlad could keep him off for a while as he is very good at fighting from distance but he will always grab and hold when Frazier gets inside and it will not help him against smoking who would throw uppercuts, left hooks, and sickning body shots on Wlad.

When Wlad is ready to go Joe would most likely finish him, man was a brute.
if fighting in germany wlad would be alowed to hold and grab joes arms up close all night , wlad ud

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 11 Nov 2012, 9:59 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Okay, a Sunday afternoon topic for you to think about.

Thoughts???????

Vitali via KO in 7.

Wlad points

Depends on which Foreman. 1970s foreman would do him in a round. 90s Foreman would lose on points.

Leonard by a mile

JC by wide UD

Duran would abuse Manny.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 11 Nov 2012, 10:11 pm

If it was Lewis v Vitali after 2003 Id back Lewis by close decision

Frazier v Wlad - tough fight to call. Other than Frazier winning on points, I could see all the other outcomes occuring.

Foreman would take Haye out early I think.

Leonard I think would beat Mayweather wide UD. I dont really think Mayweather would be outclassed but I can just see Leonard pretty much winning all the rounds but failing to really put Mayweather in trouble.

Calzaghe to outwork Froch by several rounds.

Duran v Pacquiao is interesting because it would depend on what version and what weight as to how the fight would go. I would have to think the Pacquiao that got into tear ups with Marquez and Morales would come off second best but that was at lower weights when he maybe wasnt as polished. I actually think at ww the older and slower Duran there would have problems with Pacquaios speed but that Pacquaio might just be cute enough to avoid being drawn into a war which he would lose.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 11 Nov 2012, 10:16 pm

"Haha, Chris picks Hagler to beat Froch? Well he picked Abraham to beat him as well so why should we listen, he hates Carl!" - to tell me that I'm anti-Froch, I'm sure you can see why it riles me up.

chris do me a favour mate, don't misquote me.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 11 Nov 2012, 10:25 pm

Lewis KO within 10 rounds providing he comes into the fight in tiptop condition

Frazier blasts Wlad out anytime before the 5th

Foreman in the first minute

Leonard beats Mayweather in much the same manner he beat Benitez but does it on points rather than by late KO

Calzaghe by wide but fairly competitive decision

Duran beats Pacquiao up like a little boy until either the corner or ref does the humane thing and stops the fight.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 11 Nov 2012, 10:37 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Lewis KO within 10 rounds providing he comes into the fight in tiptop condition

Frazier blasts Wlad out anytime before the 5th

Foreman in the first minute

Leonard beats Mayweather in much the same manner he beat Benitez but does it on points rather than by late KO

Calzaghe by wide but fairly competitive decision

Duran beats Pacquiao up like a little boy until either the corner or ref does the humane thing and stops the fight.

not a fan of boxers of today then !!

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 10:43 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:"Haha, Chris picks Hagler to beat Froch? Well he picked Abraham to beat him as well so why should we listen, he hates Carl!" - to tell me that I'm anti-Froch, I'm sure you can see why it riles me up.

chris do me a favour mate, don't misquote me.

I did say that it was along the lines of, not a direct quote.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:17 pm

Good opinions guys. It appears the majority of us feel the fighters of old would really trouble fighters of today.....with that said.....how do you see the next round of fights:

Andre Ward vs Tommy Hearns

Mike Tyson vs David Haye

Sergio Martinez vs Marvin Hacker

Lennox Lewis vs Muhammed Ali

JCC vs Sugar Ray Leonard

On a side note.....what would be your top 3 fantasy fights??

Last edited by mobilemaster8 on Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong weight)

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:21 pm

Shocked

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:24 pm

Hearns via decision. Ward doesn't punch hard enough.

Are you serious about Haye/Tyson? Do you want an opinion based on how many seconds Haye would last?

Hagler KO.

Ali by wide points.

Leonard by clear decision.

Fantasy fights.

Ali/Tyson
Leonard/Robinson
Duran/JCC

Last edited by azania on Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:28 pm

Hagler guys. Marvellous Marvin.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:31 pm

coxy0001 wrote:

Shocked

Can't decipher who he means or just being a pr*ck. Sorry, I am being rhetorical. It's obvious which it is, as always.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:43 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

Shocked

Can't decipher who he means or just being a pr*k. Sorry, I am being rhetorical. It's obvious which it is, as always.

It's decipher.

And out of a 6 character surname there's 2 letters that aren't even in the name.

And if you're going to dodge the swear filter, it's also spelt pr*ck.

Too many shandies on a Sunday night Sean?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:52 pm

Predictive text via my windows phone coxy!!

Looks like you have both had a few too many shandies. What's with the bad blood?!

Work tomorrow guys, lets get excited about that. Smile

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:54 pm

Ward against Hearns at 168 lb is the interesting one here, I think. Lots of different aspects to consider.

On paper, Hearns' record anywhere above Light-Middleweight is pretty patchy, but for every argument that he was a lesser speciment anywhere above 154 lb, there's a counter-argument to be made that this is merely coincidental with him spending the peak years of his career at that weight or lower. I've often wondered myself if Hearns would have been better off campaigning at Middleweight upwards all along, rather than killing himself to make Welter / Light-Middle up until 1985 / 1986. If there's any truth in that idea, then Ward might be in a spot of bother here.

Tommy was never decisively outboxed, but my gut feeling is that he doesn't quite land enough at Super-Middleweight, where his speed may be reduced, to nick a decision against Ward. I've been mightily impressed with Ward's powers of focus and concentration. On the other hand, Tommy's could go at any minute. Again, there's two ways you can look at it, but Hearns' Super-Middleweight days were blighted by below-par performances against the likes of Kinchen, who had him all over the shop and hanging on for dear life, and the second fight with Leonard where, although unlucky to only come away with a draw, he showed an inability to put his foot down and make his advantages count.

Ward by a tight decision, possibly split.

Tyson does a similar number on Haye as he did on Bruno, I think. Can't see Haye making it to the mid stages. Doesn't throw enough leather to keep Tyson off.

Hagler to wear down Martinez to a late stoppage. There are similarities between them, but I think Hagler just does everything that little bit better. If they both stand off each other I can see Martinez losing patience and swatting first, which would play in to Hagler's hands. Hagler by a late TKO.

Ali, at his best, comfortably outpoints Lewis for me. Lewis just didn't have great legs and I think Ali's movement around the ring prevents Lewis from getting off first often enough. Ali by something six points over twelve rounds, slightly wider over fifteen.

Can't see anything other than a comfortable and emphatic win for Leonard over Chavez. Julio was great, don't get me wrong, but he's a bit too small for Ray, and he didn't like movers, either; Taylor, Whitaker and Randall all had him tied up in knots. I think Leonard pitches close enough to a shutout, and I wouldn't totally rule him stopping a massive frustrated and tired Chavez late on, either. Like Whitaker, I think he'd keep Chavez off balance, beat him to the punch and outbox him but, and this is key, he'd have more confidence than Whitaker had in his punch power, and really pour it on Julio in the championship rounds. Leonard by a wide, wide decision or a late TKO.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:55 pm

All grammatical errors have been corrected. God forbid I mistype decipher.

On that note, there should be a comma after night and before Sean.

So, now that we have all that sorted...

I shouldn't get wound up with the fact you are such a so and so. Have a good evening, coxy

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Mon 12 Nov 2012, 9:32 am

Haye beats Foreman? Laugh ...Let me guess you think Haye beats the likes of Ali, Louis, Lewis etc?

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Mon 12 Nov 2012, 9:41 am

Lewis by stoppage here no way this fight goes the distance the so called "experts" on here think it goes to points dont know what they are talking about it. Lewis and Vitali will hit each other with big shots again in this fight what makes people think it goes the distance.

Frazier has the perfect style to beat Wlad can see him chopping down early.

Mobile your a clear Haye hater which is why for some strange reason keep picking Haye in your fantasy fights. I think you will be on suicide watch when Haye knocks out Vitali next year. Anyway Foreman by early to mid knockout. Can see Haye surviving a few rounds.

Mayweather schools Leonard for a wide UD or late stoppage if Leonard wants to fight.

Calzaghe by decision in a competive fight.

50/50 pick em fight...Gun to the head would pick Duran.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Mon 12 Nov 2012, 9:44 am

Andre Ward vs Tommy Hearns

Ward by late stoppage

Mike Tyson vs David Haye

Pathetic

Hagler by mid to late stoppage

Lennox Lewis vs Muhammed Ali

Lewis by close decision

JCC vs Sugar Ray Leonard

Leonard UD

On a side note.....what would be your top 3 fantasy fights??

Haye vs Mobile
Ali vs Louis
Sugar Ray Robinson vs Roy Jones

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 12 Nov 2012, 2:19 pm

Jeez, chris! What did you do to upset Herman so much?

How dare you offer an opinion on an article that explicitly asks for opinions. Just who the devil do you think you are?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Mon 12 Nov 2012, 2:55 pm

Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis 2 - rematch, Vitali by close UD. Prime for prime, Lewis by UD.

Wladamir Klitschko vs Joe Fraizer - Frazier by mid rounds stoppage after taking a moderate beating early on.

David Haye vs George Foreman - Foreman by 1st round KO. I honestly think Haye is in deep trouble as soon as they exchange punches.

Floyd Mayweather vs Sugar Ray Leonard - Leonard by wide UD. Can't see how this is close. Leonard is at least as good. Just as fast and a whole lot bigger.

Carl Froch vs Joe Calzaghe - Calzaghe UD - 8 rounds to 4.

Manny Pacquiao vs Robert Duran - Duran by late stoppage.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 12 Nov 2012, 3:15 pm

Ward isnt a big puncher but I could still see him flooring Hearns or wearing him down at SMW.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Mon 12 Nov 2012, 6:07 pm

Lewis v Ali! What a fight that would be! The two best heavyweights of all time. It would be very close and Ali would need all his speed and cunning to get the better of Lewis. Lewis was the bigger of the two at 6'5 and was stronger so I we could expect Ali to try the rope a dope like he did against Foreman and try to outsmart Lewis and tire him out. I think Lewis would win the earlier rounds and Ali would have to be very careful. Lewis could knock him down but Ali would have the heart to get back up and in the later rounds would use his speed and craftiness to start winning the rounds as the naturally bigger Lewis began to tire. The final result would be Ali wins it by a couple of rounds but Lewis makes it a very close fight maybe even a split decision!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Mon 12 Nov 2012, 6:08 pm

Having thought about it some more, I would make Wlad vs Frazier a genuine 50/50. I thnk Wlad hits a lot harder and is a lot more accuarate than some people believe. Having said that Frazier only lost to Foreman and Ali, and so cannot be discounted out of any fight really. A lot would probably depend on how much Frazier damages Wlad to the body, no one has really managed that yet so it is debatable how strong Wlad is there. People like Holyfield could always be hurt there, but today almost every HW is a head-hunter.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Mon 12 Nov 2012, 6:29 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:

Haye beats Foreman? Laugh ...Let me guess you think Haye beats the likes of Ali, Louis, Lewis etc?
ok smart ar$e just a possible outcome , if big george cant get to haye early i see him getting frustrated leaving himself open to hayes speed in/out one two combinations , george would happily take these shots just to get the chance to land , he doesnt and its a ud to haye !! of course it could go the other way , and for the record haye gets outboxed by ali and lewis and gets stopped by louis, Whistle

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Mon 12 Nov 2012, 6:36 pm

Wlad would have to let the right hand go regularly and take out Frazier early....I give Wlad a better chance than Vitali against Frazier because he has one punch knockout power unlike big Bro.

I just think Frazier is all wrong for Wlad and has the perfect style to beat him...Wlad's cautious style will lead to his downfall.

Why did the Maloney thread get locked as I wanted the put the record straight to Chris and Manos.

Bernt Boente told everyone and it is on video in the brawl that Haye is out of the running and has to beat Chisora and he gets Vitali next.

Haye keeps his end of the bargain so it is clear Vitali ducked Haye this year...For Chris to say Haye did not deserve 50/50 shows he doesn't understand the business side of boxing.

Haye brought more money to the table then Klitschko so Wlad was the one who was lucky to get 50/50 and in my opinion did not deserve it. More titles does not matter when it comes to negotiate a fight which is why Chavez Jr and Mayweather got paid more than Cotto and Martinez.

The reason Haye team said no fight 9 weeks before July 2nd is because HBO and Sky wont commit to a superfight due to risks of Wlad sustaining a cut etc so close to a fight.

Also Haye is willing to fight Vitali before as in his contract with Wlad that if Wlad gets a injury Vitali would step in for him.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next