The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cody Rhodes injured at Main Event taping

+10
TopoftheChops
I Blame Coco
NickisBHAFC
Hero
Kid Vicious
Crimey
Kay Fabe
Dr Gregory House MD
BD21
Dolphin Ziggler
14 posters

Go down

Cody Rhodes injured at Main Event taping Empty Cody Rhodes injured at Main Event taping

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 14 Nov 2012, 6:27 am

According to Justin LaBar at Wrestlezone.com:

"WZ has learned from sources Cody Rhodes was injured tonight in a match for WWE's Main Event taped in Cleveland, Ohio.
Not much is known at this time other than Rhodes appeared to have sustained a significant injury to his right shoulder in a spot taking a back drop from Kane.

We're being told Rhodes was taken to the hospital but at the moment no more details are known in terms of injury severity or a recovery timetable
."

Could be a big blow for the tag team division, and a whole for WWE to fill sunday.

It could also give 3MB a gap to jump into with a heel tag team.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Cody Rhodes injured at Main Event taping Empty Re: Cody Rhodes injured at Main Event taping

Post by BD21 Wed 14 Nov 2012, 7:15 am

Any punishment for Kane if he is seriously injured?

BD21

Back to top Go down

Cody Rhodes injured at Main Event taping Empty Re: Cody Rhodes injured at Main Event taping

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 14 Nov 2012, 7:20 am

almejaflap wrote:Any punishment for Kane if he is seriously injured?

That depends on whether they feel Kane botched the drop seriously enough, that said given Kane's importance to WWE programming of late, the fact he's one half of the tag champs and generally well liked by people in the right places, I get the feeling it would be brushed under the carpet even if he did botch.

Alternativley they'll just blame the Miz

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:23 am

Kanes always been pretty safe, he's a big guy but you can see he takes care of folk in the ring, sometimes accidents happen, its not ballet they're doing in there, when you require to take bumps the way Wrestlers do sometimes you just have to accept that bad things can happen, all it takes is timing to be a split second off and you're injured

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:30 am

Yeah, it could have just been his landing that was off as well. If WWE had to punish people every time they were involved in injuries, there'd be punishments being given out all the time.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:40 am

Kofi Kingston nearly decapitated The Miz a few weeks ago and got the US Title for it two days later

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:42 am

If he's out for a while, stick Ted DiBiase in his spot. That could lead to a future feud with Rhodes, or a reformation of Legacy which could feud with Damien Sandow plus new partner. Or they could form a stable. Also, it'd give a much needed boost to Ted DiBiase.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:43 am

I think it's only if the botch occurs to Randy Orton that the issue is raised.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:49 am

I think most Wrestlers accept that it's part and parcel of the job, every match could potentially be there last, most will know though if someone delibately goes out to hurt them, just ask Vic Grimes

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 14 Nov 2012, 4:33 pm

No Cody Rhodes around for a while will screw a lot of things up.

Him and Sandow are doing great together, with Rhodes getting injured could knock Sandow down and he could just be winning on Superstars every week.

Leaves a hole for this sunday, my vote would go to a returning Mark Henry if he is clear to wrestle.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by I Blame Coco Fri 16 Nov 2012, 11:13 am

According to reports on Bleacher Tensai will be the replacement.

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Fri 16 Nov 2012, 1:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJEYAF4GvEg

Looks very painful

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 16 Nov 2012, 1:04 pm

I Blame Coco wrote:According to reports on Bleacher Tensai will be the replacement.

It's the only logical conclusion

Guaranteed money maker

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 16 Nov 2012, 1:18 pm

TopoftheChops wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJEYAF4GvEg

Looks very painful

It kind of looks like it's his fault for trying to force the flip in mid air and getting it wrong.

All worked out for the best though, Tensai and ADR left as the last two and given a title shot against Big Show that results in a 17 month feud that culminates in a second Wrestlemania main event in a row for the trio at WM 30, with Dolph Ziggler having forgotten to cash in his briefcase at any point in the next five months.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 16 Nov 2012, 5:24 pm

Not Kane's fault at all. Cody completely botched it.

As for a replacement i think Ted Dibiase would be a good replacement but i see it being Tensai sadly.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 16 Nov 2012, 8:05 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Not Kane's fault at all. Cody completely botched it.

As for a replacement i think Ted Dibiase would be a good replacement but i see it being Tensai sadly.

The same Tensai who jobbed to R Truth on Raw?... Can't see it myself, would guess at Rhodes Scholars being replaced by the PTP myself

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 17 Nov 2012, 10:43 am

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:
TopoftheChops wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJEYAF4GvEg

Looks very painful

It kind of looks like it's his fault for trying to force the flip in mid air and getting it wrong.

All worked out for the best though, Tensai and ADR left as the last two and given a title shot against Big Show that results in a 17 month feud that culminates in a second Wrestlemania main event in a row for the trio at WM 30, with Dolph Ziggler having forgotten to cash in his briefcase at any point in the next five months.

That has all kinds of win written over it. The only thing you missed out was a Brodus Clay run in every match.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 17 Nov 2012, 10:13 pm

"Torn trapezius grade 2, torn deltoid grade 1, separated shoulder, no surgery needed," he wrote on Twitter. "Won't stop us. #boyhooddream."

He continued, "In debt to @TedDiBiase for packing my bag that night, and @TheDamienSandow for refusing to tag me in after I got hurt...protected my career."

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 18 Nov 2012, 9:20 am

Why would Sandow tag him in though? Its not like he was really being brutalised by two angry guys who want him dead, I'm loathe to say 'it's still real to Cody' when he's acturally nursing an injury sustained in that particular match, you get the drift though...

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down