The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606v2 Tiger Woods Fan Club

+12
Diggers
super_realist
McLaren
Seve_The_Great
kwinigolfer
goldwolf
EmmDee57
Shotrock
navyblueshorts
JAS
barragan
incontinentia
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

606v2 Tiger Woods Fan Club - Page 2 Empty 606v2 Tiger Woods Fan Club

Post by incontinentia Mon 19 Nov 2012, 9:31 am

First topic message reminder :

I know there are a lot of TW fans here, and so I have undertaken to set up a fan club dedicated to the great man! Its still in the embryonic stages but the plan at the moment is to have a monthly newsletter via a blog on the golf board. This will consist of chat, quizzes, Tiger trivia, quotations and any other such items that will allow us to share our appreciation of history's greatest athlete.

How do you join? Well simply post on the blog, the more the merrier!

This month's Eldrick's corner question is: what is your favourite Tiger Woods moment? (if there are too many then list your top 5 or 10)

* NO HATERS, if you are not a fan then stay off the thread. Have a nice day.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

606v2 Tiger Woods Fan Club - Page 2 Empty Re: 606v2 Tiger Woods Fan Club

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:13 pm

$250K is pretty small beer, compared to the millions that Tour events generate for local charities . . . . . .

It's great that Tiger can use his influence to direct funds as he wishes, just not quite the altruistic effort that many might suggest!!

Actually think the guys who have it right are Steffi Graf and Agassi in Las Vegas - he grew up there and it's been his hometown and base post Bolleteri, they do most of their own fundraising and what the two of them have achieved with their "academy" is quite inspiring.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:37 pm

I think Trussman mentioned before he is an american so maybe the TW foundation helped him find an alternative to gang membership in the projects of Compton or wherever. Yes there are a lot of negative aspects to Tiger's personality but maybe for the purposes of the fan club we could focus on the positive.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 21 Nov 2012, 11:13 am

kwinigolfer wrote:$250K is pretty small beer, compared to the millions that Tour events generate for local charities . . . . . .

It's great that Tiger can use his influence to direct funds as he wishes, just not quite the altruistic effort that many might suggest!!

Actually think the guys who have it right are Steffi Graf and Agassi in Las Vegas - he grew up there and it's been his hometown and base post Bolleteri, they do most of their own fundraising and what the two of them have achieved with their "academy" is quite inspiring.

Craif Bellamy..probably one of footballs most hated players....funds a football academy in Sierra Leone. Who would have thought it?
Mind you ultimately rich people arent duty bound to fund charitable causes, in fact you can argue that the very existence of charities and foundations relieves pressure on govts to provide the aid they should for those who need it.
It still baffles me that people have to raise money to fund things like air ambulances in the UK yet we still find it acceptable to waste huge amounts on pointless overseas occupations and nuclear deterrents.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 21 Nov 2012, 1:51 pm

WGC at the Grove nowhere near 1997. Apologies - my bad. picard

Believe it or not History was one of my strong points at school - back in the 90's (or was it the 00's...)

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 22 Nov 2012, 10:10 pm

I know he gets stick and to be honest a lot of it is deserved, some not and theres a certain pre-conceived media notion about what he's like (which I detest - I'd rather make up my own mind about what kind of personality he is). Got to say though this clip surprised me a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvGPhW3ppZg&feature=related

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 22 Nov 2012, 11:16 pm

Jas

Great clip. the funny thing is tiger points as if it will go left to right, but Romo pushes it and it actually goes in right to left.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2