The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imagine this incredibly likely scenario.......

+2
McLaren
JeffCarnage
6 posters

Go down

Imagine this incredibly likely scenario....... Empty Imagine this incredibly likely scenario.......

Post by JeffCarnage Thu 29 Nov 2012, 11:59 am

Keegan Bradley stands on the final green at Golden Showers Golf and Crunchy Club with a 5 foot putt to win the 2015 USPGA Championship. He gives the hole that familiar look, like a slightly demented lizard eyeing up it's next meal. He rolls the putt in and pumps his fist into the air and leaps around like a nutter. He wins by a single shot over Adam Scott, Ernie Els, Tim Clark, Webb Simpson, and Sam Torrance (who is now 63 years old).

It's Bradley's 12th major in a row - a run that stretches back to his first Masters win in 2013, where he won by a shot over exactly the same players I've named above. In fact, these 6 players have finished 1st and tied 2nd for every major from 2013 to 2015. It's an incredible run. It really is. Especially given that ALL of these players use a long putter of some sort. Wow.

It just goes to show that using long putters WAS a massive advantage to players. The R and A and USGA did absolutely the right thing in putting the ban in place. Well done to Peter Dawson (who unfortunately went missing in January 2014. Some say he drowned in the water feature he had installed in the Valley of Sin).

Sadly, McIlroy, Woods, McDowell and Harrington all suffered badly from the yips in 2013. Woods described his putting as "like a rocket going off in my hands". They all have subsequently dropped outside the World's top 1000. Ironic really, given that the use of a long putter would have potentially saved their careers.

I'm not entirely sure why I've written this. But I'm definitely not bitter.

Jeff

JeffCarnage

Back to top Go down

Imagine this incredibly likely scenario....... Empty Re: Imagine this incredibly likely scenario.......

Post by McLaren Thu 29 Nov 2012, 12:02 pm

In 2015 the PGA championship will be played at whistling straits. Other than that, I see no inaccuracies in your article.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Imagine this incredibly likely scenario....... Empty Re: Imagine this incredibly likely scenario.......

Post by JeffCarnage Thu 29 Nov 2012, 12:15 pm

McLaren wrote:In 2015 the PGA championship will be played at whistling straits. Other than that, I see no inaccuracies in your article.
[code]

I should really have looked that one up!

JeffCarnage

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun 02 Dec 2012, 9:04 pm

Watching Bradley today at the World Challenge, I don't think he's all too unfamiliar with Golden Shower G&CrC...

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 02 Dec 2012, 11:00 pm

Is it just me or would it be quite bad to have a tournament with the phrase "Golden shower" anywhere near it?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 02 Dec 2012, 11:16 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:Is it just me or would it be quite bad to have a tournament with the phrase "Golden shower" anywhere near it?
suppose it symbolises the winner being showered with riches?

Very entertaining Jeff, good work!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon 03 Dec 2012, 1:33 pm

incontinentia wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:Is it just me or would it be quite bad to have a tournament with the phrase "Golden shower" anywhere near it?
suppose it symbolises the winner being showered with riches?

Very entertaining Jeff, good work!

Showered with something, not quite sure I'd call it 'riches' though Whistle

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down