The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MITB are we expecting too much?

+19
The Best in the World
talkingpoint
Crimey
The-Rizz
HitmanOwl
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Miz NG
Shot 21 LCFC
Kaiser
legendkillar
Brady12
Enforcer
Beer
Mr H
peppie
longrangeeffort
ADMIN
bretmeharty
Kenny
23 posters

Go down

MITB are we expecting too much? Empty MITB are we expecting too much?

Post by Kenny Tue 12 Jul 2011, 9:59 pm

There are a lot of threads all in some way regarding Cena and Punk , and what looks to be the most eagerly anticipated ppv for years in MITB

my question is simple with all the hype and all the different possibilites for the out come , and with WWE previous record of screwing things up are we expecting to much from this ?

For me who like a lot of people hope this is pure gold my expectations are high so im probably going to be disappointed . but hope not .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

MITB are we expecting too much? Empty Re: MITB are we expecting too much?

Post by bretmeharty Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:02 pm

I think Vince is playing us all, by punks comments wwe clearly is aware what most fans think , it will be a cena clean win which will mean 2 fingers to us because he thinks he knows best.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:22 pm

bretmeharty wrote:I think Vince is playing us all, by punks comments wwe clearly is aware what most fans think , it will be a cena clean win which will mean 2 fingers to us because he thinks he knows best.

Hope not , what a missed oppertunity that would be .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:25 pm

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:
bretmeharty wrote:I think Vince is playing us all, by punks comments wwe clearly is aware what most fans think , it will be a cena clean win which will mean 2 fingers to us because he thinks he knows best.

But how many times have we been here and been crapped on

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:26 pm

bretmeharty wrote:
KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:

& how many times do we come back for more afterwards?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:34 pm

To be honest before that cm punk promo 2 weeks ago i had pretty much given up for a while, I hadnt been watching wrestling for weeks before that and only scanned this site rarely, but that promo sparked it up again for me and ill tell you this if it turns out to be a massive let down I will guaran "dam"tee I wont watch it or come on here till punk is back.

If Punk wins and gets beat by the mitb winner thats another story coz at least the title would be of cena and id be happy

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:39 pm

Hero wrote:
bretmeharty wrote:
KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:

& how many times do we come back for more afterwards?

thats the thing though isnt it WE do come back time after time again and Vince knows this which results in poor lazy booking
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by longrangeeffort Wed 13 Jul 2011, 8:25 am

The cynic in me is thinking that its going to be a clean Cena win, Punk goes and thats it.

The fan in me is thinking that regardless who wins, there's a twist or a screwing in there somewhere. Cena wins, something happens. Punk wins, something happens...maybe involving the MITB winner or maybe Vince or both!

Guess we will find out soon. No matter what happens, there will be a lot of people tuning in to find out!

longrangeeffort

Back to top Go down

Post by peppie Wed 13 Jul 2011, 9:12 am

Any chance of the Rock making an appearance and screwing Cena and/or Punk?

peppie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 13 Jul 2011, 9:19 am

I'd like to see:

Ref bump - Punk goes outside to grab title - Vince makes his way out - Punk gets in ring with title to hit Cena with - Vince gets in and snatches title from Punk - Punk & Vince argue - Cena gets back to his feet - Vince blasts Cena with the title - Punk and Vince smile at eachother - Vince hands Punk a piece of paper, Punk signs it - Vince exits rings to wake up the ref - Punk hoists Cena up and hits GTS - 1,2,3 - New WWE Champion CM Punk!

Vince gets on the mic ready to fire Cena - Punk cuts him off and says 'no , Vincent i want John to experience first hand why i am thee best wrestler in the world, i want John to be here when MY face in on the programmes, when MY face is in the movies and i want him to witness first hand when i unveil the new look title tomorrow on Raw'. Vince reluctantly agrees as MITB goes off air with Punk looking down at Cena holding the title aloft.

Next night on Raw - Punk brings back the classic WWF Title belt from the 90s!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 13 Jul 2011, 9:28 am

Given his little spats with Austin i'd quite like to see him turn up with the Smoking Skull Belt!

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:09 am

Setting up Punk v Austin at Summerslam.

Fantasy booking at its finest!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:22 am

Clarke James wrote:Given his little spats with Austin i'd quite like to see him turn up with the Smoking Skull Belt!

Love that idea the Smoking Skull belt would be perfect!

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:26 am

It has to be a Cena win. Turn Cena heel. Punk is getting decent reactions from the crowd. Set it up nicely for a win for Punk at Summerslam.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:36 am

surley bring back the smoking skull belt and then book the Wrestlemania "Main Event" like Punk mentioned his match at wrestlemania would be, as Punk Vs Austin

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:39 am

The Smoking Belt at Mania Punk v Austin. Stuff dreams are made of.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:45 am

That would be great, but would WWE risk another match 'trumping' Rock Cena in Miami?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:49 am

i think with the minimal time rock can be there to build it up and the negative reactions he's starting to get for not 'never leaving again' maybe they are thinking 1 year build up was too much and everyone has now forgotten so we need something else, punk wearing austins T-shirt duing the shoot i think also helps add weight to this

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:55 am

If they built Punk up as the new Austin, imagine that at WM28....

Arguably the 2 biggest superstars the WWE has ever produced:

Rock v Cena

The 2 biggest Anti-Hero's they've ever produced:

Punk V Austin

Plus Taker v HHH II!

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 13 Jul 2011, 11:12 am

"Next night on Raw - Punk brings back the classic WWF Title belt from the 90s!."
Are we talking about the belt that was first awarded to Steve Austin, and then disapeared when we started having Undisputed champions? If so I agree because I love that belt. Although you maybe talking about the one before that! Any of them would be better than the one they are currently using!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:29 pm

You cannot say for definate what is going to happen, which I love. Most of the support matches are fairly predictable, but if the Raw ladder match is before Punk/Cena, then the winner of that will, IMO, give a pretty big clue as to who will win the Cena/Punk match - maybe not how the match will finish.

Last edited by Miz NG on Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tweaking it to make more sense!)

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:32 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:"Next night on Raw - Punk brings back the classic WWF Title belt from the 90s!."
Are we talking about the belt that was first awarded to Steve Austin, and then disapeared when we started having Undisputed champions? If so I agree because I love that belt. Although you maybe talking about the one before that! Any of them would be better than the one they are currently using!

The more round looking one with the black leather, the one HBK won at Mania 12 vs Bret. Thats the best belt there has been.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:32 pm

Any belt would be better then the spinning 1 , if they do change it they will probably go for a big new belt or the big gold round shaped 1 with the blue detail just to out do tnas new belt .MITB are we expecting too much? Wwe-belts-10
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jul 2011, 1:13 pm

I'm gonna go with nexus come out and surround the ring. Punk smiles as they climb into the ring and surround cena. All of a sudden they turn on punk and beat him down, cena picks punk up and hits an aa for the victory. He pretends to be confused at what's happened as vinces music hits, he comes down and announces that he is the true leader of the nexus having hired them to the company and with CM Punk gone there a member light. Vince and cena shake hands joining forces crowd boo as morn goes off air.

Next night on raw nexus with cena cutting a promo in the ring when punks music hits and he makes an entrance old school Austin would be proud of. He announces he has signed a new contract, not to be the in the movies or on the programs, but to prove he is the best wrestler in the world and to take the title back for the sake of the future of wrestling

Would love that to happen but I imagine a cena stf will clinch it and Vince will count all his money leaving everyone bitterly disappointed at a wasted storyline opportunity

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 13 Jul 2011, 1:27 pm

It's not a wasted storyline because we've already got satisfaction from it. We've talked about it for 3 weeks now - that's value for money - even if Cena does win.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 13 Jul 2011, 1:45 pm

Electric Demon wrote:It's not a wasted storyline because we've already got satisfaction from it. We've talked about it for 3 weeks now - that's value for money - even if Cena does win.

The fact its been such a hot topic for the last few weeks is the scary thing for me , as it will surely acheive higher ppv buy rates then last few ppvs thus meening Vince wins in his eyes so to hell with the fans .

Imo that would make it a missed opertunity as this storyline could be built to go on and on , not just for this ppv .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed 13 Jul 2011, 4:50 pm

The satisfaction is the pay off,well for me anyway. Don't mind which way it goes Aslong as punk is still a wwe wrestler at the end of it.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 13 Jul 2011, 4:58 pm

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:
Electric Demon wrote:It's not a wasted storyline because we've already got satisfaction from it. We've talked about it for 3 weeks now - that's value for money - even if Cena does win.

The fact its been such a hot topic for the last few weeks is the scary thing for me , as it will surely acheive higher ppv buy rates then last few ppvs thus meening Vince wins in his eyes so to hell with the fans .

Imo that would make it a missed opertunity as this storyline could be built to go on and on , not just for this ppv .

I agree. There is alot more mileage left in this angle if booked correctly, and of course if Punk does indeed re-sign. A month long build up and one match at a B-List PPV wouldnt do it justice, it has fued of the year written all over it so if it DID end at MITB with a Cena win i'd be disappointed.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

MITB are we expecting too much? Empty how about this for a MITB scenario.....

Post by The-Rizz Wed 13 Jul 2011, 6:23 pm

with so many different possible outcomes for the Cena-Punk match at this weekends MITB PPV, I thought I would throw down an possible way of booking the match, and a possible way to book a storyline for the summer......

Punk - Cena needs to be an epic match, lots of back and forth action, both guys getting in lots of offensive, a few close call pins, that sort of thing......eventually Punk reverses an AA into a GTS nails Cena, gets the 3 count and wins. Punk celebrates his win, whilst Cena comes to terms with the realisation that he has lost. Punk and Cena square up in the middle of the ring, but instead of gloating Punk offers Cena a handshake of mutual respect for the match they just had. Cena accepts and shakes Punk's hand. Vince's music hits, he comes down to the ring along with Triple H who is carrying a contract. Vince says he wants to stay true to his word, and therefore John Cena....you're FIRED!! Cena leaves the ring, and Vince then offers Punk one last chance to sign a contract and stay in the WWE, Punk declines saying he is staying true to his word and is leaving the WWE with the title. Vince says Punk leaves his with no choice, he's the boss, and you don't cross the boss. suddenly Vince low blows CM Punk, and Triple H hits a pedigree, Vince calls out the MITB winner Alberto Del Rio.

Del Rio comes down to the ring with a referee, cashes in his breifcase and locks in the armbar finisher. Punk resists tapping out, so HHH hits another pedigree. Del Rio gets the pin and is the new WWE Champion

the next night on Raw, Vince, Triple H and Del Rio come down to the ring, and cut a promo slagging off Cena and CM Punk. Vince says he is glad to see the back of them. midway through the promo CM Punk springs out of the cround, over the barracade and into the ring. He takes down Del Rio and Triple H, before escaping the ring. he cuts a promo from the top of the ramp about how he is the voice of the voiceless, and finally he realises that the voiceless people that he needs to represent are the WWE fans!! He challenges Triple H to match at Summerslam, and if he wins he gets a new contract. Triple H accepts and the match is made.

at Summerslam, Punk beats Triple H and is reinstated to the Raw roster. with the help of his Nexus allies (who turn face to support Punk)Punk chases down Del Rio and the WWE Championship, but is contstantly beaten down by the new coroporate faction of Vince, HHH, and Del Rio. eventually Nexus turn on Punk and join the corporate faction. Punk then asks for a match at Survivor Series, a 5 on 5 elimination tag match. Punk wants his team to consist of people that Vince McMahon has done wrong by in the past. He wants his team to be Luke Gallows, Colt Cabana (someone else, not sure who!!) and.....John Cena, Punk also asks for a stipulation that if his team wins, all 4 members of his team gets WWE contracts. team Punk wins, and Cena, Cabana and Gallows are rehired.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the idea of Punk turning face, and taking on this voice of the voiceless gimmick that he started this week. It would also be a good way of giving Cena some rest time, so that he is fit and ready for his Wrestlemania match with The Rock. It could even be a way of setting up Del Rio vs. Punk for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania...... let me know what you guys think......

The-Rizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:03 pm

I posted a similar mitb ending a on another thread with both cena then punk losing the belt and mitb winner walking out as champ .
I do think if the story line carrys on past mitb that nexus will become involved in some way with punk being replaced by either vince or hhh as the leader of a corporate nexus .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 16 Jul 2011, 4:09 pm

Having read recent threads and posts regarding CM Punk i do feel as though he will take time off , so were does this leave the storyline imo now a Cena win sob sob
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 16 Jul 2011, 4:27 pm

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:Having read recent threads and posts regarding CM Punk i do feel as though he will take time off , so were does this leave the storyline imo now a Cena win sob sob

Not neccesarily.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 16 Jul 2011, 5:00 pm

is it me or does this storyline with Punk feel like it deserves to be played out at SummerSlam? I mean this is the angle of the year and will potentially win match of the year (depending on how well Punk can carry Cena and if there are any major twists) so it just feels like it deserves to be the main event to one of the big 4! Nevertheless this will elevate MITB to one of the most anticipated PPV's outside the big 4, possibly even making it No.5!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Sat 16 Jul 2011, 5:12 pm

i also think this too tp , but considering Punks contract supposedly expires on sunday , they may not have had enough time to play this out to Summerslam , if Punk is still leaving obviously if there are any twists , this will go to Summerslam Smile
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Jul 2011, 5:38 pm

I definitely think it should have been at SummerSlam, I also don't think we're expecting to much, the WWE have raised our expectations and it's up to them to follow it through

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Sun 17 Jul 2011, 11:22 am

the-gaffer wrote: I also don't think we're expecting to much, the WWE have raised our expectations and it's up to them to follow it through

totally agree with that. Up to the WWE now to deliver!

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 17 Jul 2011, 12:23 pm

Buzzman wrote:
the-gaffer wrote: I also don't think we're expecting to much, the WWE have raised our expectations and it's up to them to follow it through

Dont get me wrong the build up has for a change been great and i agree its now upto WWE to deliver , the sceptic in me just worries they wont
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Sun 17 Jul 2011, 1:36 pm

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:
Buzzman wrote:

Dont get me wrong the build up has for a change been great and i agree its now upto WWE to deliver , the sceptic in me just worries they wont

very true, but i don't actually remember being this excited for any previous PPV in a long long time. Hope they don't mess it up, also all these possible endings are building up the anticipation! I would be seriously disappointed if MITB doesn't live up to the hype or atleast have a couple of curveballs.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 17 Jul 2011, 3:40 pm

Buzzman wrote:
KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:
Buzzman wrote:

very true, but i don't actually remember being this excited for any previous PPV in a long long time. Hope they don't mess it up, also all these possible endings are building up the anticipation! I would be seriously disappointed if MITB doesn't live up to the hype or atleast have a couple of curveballs.

I will be watching tonight actually excited to see what happens , and i havent felt like that about a ppv since mania 25 and taker shawn 1
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:01 am

I take it all back WWE i salute you best ppv for years .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:09 am

we expected to little!

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by DerekRiordinho Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:10 am

Best PPV I've ever seen, hands down.

WWE pulled out an absolute blinder with that one

DerekRiordinho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down