The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flintoffs debut.

+24
mobilemaster8
Valero's Conscience
88Chris05
tunes666
Lumbering_Jack
milkyboy
coxy0001
no-mas
Steffan
two_tone
djlovesyou
superflyweight
J.Benson II
ShahenshahG
captain carrantuohil
TopHat24/7
Union Cane
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Rowley
Rodney
Fists of Fury
Sugar Boy Sweetie
seanmichaels
hampo17
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Flintoffs debut. - Page 2 Empty Flintoffs debut.

Post by hampo17 Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:33 am

First topic message reminder :

Happens tonight and live on Boxnation, despite Frank saying what a disgrace it is.

Credit where credit is due, Flintoff has dedicated himself to this, worked hard in the gym and changed his body completley. The guy he's fighting is like one of those sports movies, shot four times in a drug run that went wrong and in which he saw his best friend killed.

Personally hope he does well but most of all doesn't get serioulsy hurt, and watching the show on Sky1 he isn't as bad as people first believed he would be, throw in the big right hand he has and he has the attributes to do well tonight.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Flintoffs debut. - Page 2 Empty Re: Flintoffs debut.

Post by coxy0001 Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:53 am

He's going to get knocked out and knocked out badly. Won't last 1 minute.

Now, if one of our esteemed mods could kindly explain why I was banned as I didn't mention any live stream, post any links or do anything in my mind that broke house rules I'd appreciate being told so*.

*I may not remember everything I wrote as it was rather late and I may have been sipping on a few half lager shandies.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:56 am

coxy0001 wrote:He's going to get knocked out and knocked out badly. Won't last 1 minute.

Now, if one of our esteemed mods could kindly explain why I was banned as I didn't mention any live stream, post any links or do anything in my mind that broke house rules I'd appreciate being told so*.

*I may not remember everything I wrote as it was rather late and I may have been sipping on a few half lager shandies.

Coming back on and immediately mentioning live streaming may not be the best way to approach this, mate.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:07 pm

Union Cane wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:He's going to get knocked out and knocked out badly. Won't last 1 minute.

Coming back on and immediately mentioning live streaming may not be the best way to approach this, mate.

Christ alive, it's not Fight Club mate. I'm not 'endangering' the forum from a legal point of view if I mention the dreaded "s" word.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:11 pm

You are missing the point, it is nothing to do with what's legal and what is not.

Those who run the forum have highly publicised their position on the subject, anyone discussing such things will be summarily removed.

Ignorance is not an alibi.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:15 pm

Union Cane wrote:You are missing the point, it is nothing to do with what's legal and what is not.

Those who run the forum have highly publicised their position on the subject, anyone discussing such things will be summarily removed.

Ignorance is not an alibi.

Hope to see instant bans for when someone comes on and asks the usual "where can I watch it".

Or how some American fights aren't broadcast here and we resort to the naughty word when describing what we saw took place and because naughty word was poor quality it wasn't clear what was going on.

I'm not trying to antagonise, just baffled to the point of finding it rather amusing due to the points above.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Steffan wrote:Why not Flintoff and Henson have a fight. Could be called 'Battle of the arrogant drunken retards'

nice idea, problem is one of them would win. Far better to try the wrestling tag team format and put them in against the klitschkos. Now that i'd pay for.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:18 pm

I find it amusing that we have to resort to such measures to be honest, but simply asking people to comply doesn't work.

Watch all the streams you want, just don't mention it on here.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:19 pm

milkyboy wrote:
Steffan wrote:Why not Flintoff and Henson have a fight. Could be called 'Battle of the arrogant drunken retards'

nice idea, problem is one of them would win. Far better to try the wrestling tag team format and put them in against the klitschkos. Now that i'd pay for.

I was going to suggest putting them both in a tank filled with bull sharks and the winner is the one who gets bitten the least amount of times.

Win win as neither would survive beyond 5 minutes.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:19 pm

The guy Freddy is fighting is a fat toad so for that reason I want someone who at least dedicates himself to a training camp to win. Worse heavy weights exist with licences from the bbbc. Good luck to him I say.

Stop attention seeking Coxy.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:22 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

I was going to suggest putting them both in a tank filled with bull sharks and the winner is the one who gets bitten the least amount of times.

Win win as neither would survive beyond 5 minutes.

Could see if that works by trying it out with you and Gordy first.

Last edited by two_tone on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:22 pm

coxy0001 wrote:

Hope to see instant bans for when someone comes on and asks the usual "where can I watch it".

Well such people would not need to be banned as such a question could be answered with the response Primetime channel 498, hope this helps you.

Really don't see what the issue is, there is a PM facility which as the P suggest nobody else can see where such matters can be discussed to your hearts content and I genuinely fail to see why there is any need to discuss streams on the main page, I have the IT skills of a six year old, and one with learning difficulties at that and I can find a stream of a sporting event in roughly five minutes.

Also as union has said legal has sod all to do with this, if I rent a flat and my landlord says I cannot put posters on the wall that does not mean the act of putting posters on a wall is illegal, however it does mean I cannot put posters on the wall if I want to stay in the flat. Our landlords on here have said they do not want us doing anything that can be construed as promoting, tolerating or taking a laissez faire attitude to streams, any discussion beyond that point becomes largely nugatory.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Yeah Jeff, but is isn't illegal.

Thought is save coxy the bother.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:30 pm

I dont know why people need to be negative about it. If he wants to put the work in, have a few fights and see how he does then good luck to him. Martin Rogan started late and done ok... And if your a good sportsman then you can learn quick.

My only issue is im not sure how he can be seen as not fit enough to play cricket but fit enough for heavy weight boxing..

Good luck to him.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:34 pm

Rotherham Joe Gans wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

Well such people would not need to be banned as such a question could be answered with the response Primetime channel 498, hope this helps you.

Really don't see what the issue is, there is a PM facility which as the P suggest nobody else can see where such matters can be discussed to your hearts content and I genuinely fail to see why there is any need to discuss streams on the main page, I have the IT skills of a six year old, and one with learning difficulties at that and I can find a stream of a sporting event in roughly five minutes.

Also as union has said legal has sod all to do with this, if I rent a flat and my landlord says I cannot put posters on the wall that does not mean the act of putting posters on a wall is illegal, however it does mean I cannot put posters on the wall if I want to stay in the flat. Our landlords on here have said they do not want us doing anything that can be construed as promoting, tolerating or taking a laissez faire attitude to streams, any discussion beyond that point becomes largely nugatory.

Well you could've said something before banning me. At least your landlord said you can't do something.

And moving on....

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Impact tunes - a fast bowler puts frightening stress on his body and it ends up breaking their body, shaun tate, Shoaib akhtar - Imran Khan Flintoff just a few of the bigger names to be injured for years at a time because of the stress on their shins, back and practically all their joints and he wasnt a good enough batsman to make it just on that.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:38 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Impact tunes - a fast bowler puts frightening stress on his body and it ends up breaking their body, shaun tate, Shoaib akhtar - Imran Khan Flintoff just a few of the bigger names to be injured for years at a time because of the stress on their shins, back and practically all their joints and he wasnt a good enough batsman to make it just on that.

Was barely a good enough bowler to be honest.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:39 pm

True but he was fast so he was useful even if it was for the other bowlers.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:40 pm

coxy0001 wrote:

Well you could've said something before banning me. At least your landlord said you can't do something.

I wrote a frigging thread about it, a thread you contributed on, apologies our budget does not run to TV advertisments.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:49 pm

I get the impression if you tattooed it to his forehead he would still miss the point.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Where can I watch this fight?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:56 pm

Rotherham Joe Gans wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

I wrote a frigging thread about it, a thread you contributed on, apologies our budget does not run to TV advertisments.

You have a budget?!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:57 pm

Some serious donwplaying of Flintof's cricketing abilities here, I see. Had it not been for injuries he could certainly have carved out a place for himself amongst the Bothams, Devs and Khans of this world.

Anyway, with regards to his boxing career, it's fair enough to ask"why?", particularly given his age, but if he's genuine about it and has put the work in to at least give himself a fighting chance, then good luck to him I say. I'd have preferred if he'd done it without the additional TV series (which I didn't watch for precisely that reason), as naturally that gave people a reason to question his motives, but he's earned a licence legitimately and, as such, has every right to see how he gets on at this kind of level. If it's something he's always wanted to do, and something he can do, then let him.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:58 pm

tunes666 wrote:I dont know why people need to be negative about it. If he wants to put the work in, have a few fights and see how he does then good luck to him. Martin Rogan started late and done ok... And if your a good sportsman then you can learn quick.

My only issue is im not sure how he can be seen as not fit enough to play cricket but fit enough for heavy weight boxing.

Although I don't class cricket as a proper sport, as a fast bowler Flintoff would be putting his knees under a great deal of stress with the jolting impact at each throw - especially as he's a 17 stone guy. It was a knee problem that effectively finished his career. By comparison boxing is a low impact sport, most fighters do road running which is no good for the knees, but from what I've seen he's avoided that by doing rowing & cycling for cardiovascular training, so he should be fine from that perspective.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:59 pm

Quick quiz question, who played international football for Scotland and international cricket for England?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Union Cane wrote:Quick quiz question, who played international football for Scotland and international cricket for England?

Rod Stewart?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Union Cane wrote:Quick quiz question, who played international football for Scotland and international cricket for England?

Gordon Ramsay?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Wee Jimmy Krankie

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Rodney wrote:I thought it was a fair reflection Sean, never was convinced with him as a batsman.

Fair enough he wants to box, why not do some white collar boxing? Get it out of your system, instead he gets a PRO license and we endure another reality drama.

Peter Andre will be applying for a license next.

Cheers Rodders

Why do you have to end all your posts with 'cheers rodders'. It's not a blooming letter

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Anyone know start time of the Flintoff fight?

I see programme starts at 6:45 with Price fight after so I guess Flintoff will be first on but maybe shown later before the Price fight?

I won't get back till around 8:30 so just wondering.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:21 pm

I don't think anyone has. Andy Goram didn't play top level cricket for England and he's the only one i can think of.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:23 pm

The answer is Denis Law and Ian Botham.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:24 pm

Union Cane wrote:The answer is Denis Law and Ian Botham.

see i've just googled it and that came up. I don't get it?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:24 pm

AHHH!

What a joke!! Just checking online to see what channel Flintoff is fighting and of course David Price vs Matt Skelton.

Its on bloody Box Nation?!

David Price has always been on Sky has he not?? Im not sure, i could be wrong.

Why has Maloney switched to a Frank Warren channel??

Is this some sort of a wind up?

Boxing sucks at the moment Sad

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:27 pm

Sky put their eggs in Hearn's basket, they ditched Maloney and also Hatton Promotions, which left Ricky without a TV deal. Rumour has it he is in financial trouble and considering a comeback.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Union Cane wrote:Sky put their eggs in Hearn's basket, they ditched Maloney and also Hatton Promotions, which left Ricky without a TV deal. Rumour has it he is in financial trouble and considering a comeback.

nevermind that, can you explain your gag?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:28 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:AHHH!

What a joke!! Just checking online to see what channel Flintoff is fighting and of course David Price vs Matt Skelton.

There are other ways to experience the fight...

1) Buy a ticket
2) Listen to it on R5live
3) PM me and I'll reveal a secret on another way that i'm not allowed to mention as that's the first rule about fight club...

Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:30 pm

see you next week coxy

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Next Tuesday more like...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:33 pm

Denis Law played football (well, after a fashion) for Scotland, and Ian Botham played cricket for England.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:33 pm

Credit to Freddy as it looks like he's worked hard in the gym to get into the best shape he can.

Though boxing purists might think of it as a farce, it can only help promote the sport to the masses.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:34 pm

Union Cane wrote:Next Tuesday more like...

explain the joke. it is giving me a headache trying to work it out.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:35 pm

Union Cane wrote:Denis Law played football (well, after a fashion) for Scotland, and Ian Botham played cricket for England.

So the answer could have been Kenny Dalglish (after a fashion) and Matthew Hoggard? That was rubbish.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:37 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Headscratch

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:39 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:AHHH!

There are other ways to experience the fight...

1) Buy a ticket
2) Listen to it on R5live
3) PM me and I'll reveal a secret on another way that i'm not allowed to mention as that's the first rule about fight club...

Wink

Not buying a ticket as its too late
Hate listening to radio coverage for fights (Did it for Kessler vs Froch and it was pants)
I would PM you for the secret tunnel route, although i only have a Nokia Lumia 800 at home for internet, so to get such a tunnel would be impossible, as its negative Flash Browser just HTML5.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:41 pm

seanmichaels wrote:So the answer could have been Kenny Dalglish (after a fashion) and Matthew Hoggard? That was rubbish.

Could have been, but the generally accepted answer is Law & Botham, hence why that appeared on your Google search.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:42 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:I would PM you for the secret tunnel route, although i only have a Nokia Lumia 800 at home for internet, so to get such a tunnel would be impossible, as its negative Flash Browser just HTML5.

steam
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:43 pm

Fret not by the way, Union. Your wonderfully subtle humour hasn't been wasted on me here.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:44 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

The joke didn't specify that the answer had to be one person. You could name any England cricketer & scots footballer, that's the 'joke'.

I just got back from the blindfold w*nking championships. No idea where I came.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Union Cane wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:I would PM you for the secret tunnel route, although i only have a Nokia Lumia 800 at home for internet, so to get such a tunnel would be impossible, as its negative Flash Browser just HTML5.

steam

We also not allowed to promote certain types of phone as well? Flintoffs debut. - Page 2 3559488474

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:00 pm

Coxy - its a fairly simple premise - just don't talk about that thing that you've been asked not to talk about. Christ almighty it's not complicated and the great apes of Uganda could probably grasp the concept if explained in the manner that it has been.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next