The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former Ireland and Ulster International David Tweed convicted of sexual offences against children

+5
Notch
PenfroPete
MunsterMac
Artful_Dodger
tecphobe
9 posters

Go down

Former Ireland and Ulster International David Tweed convicted of sexual offences against children Empty Former Ireland and Ulster International David Tweed convicted of sexual offences against children

Post by tecphobe Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:44 pm

Controversial former Ireland and Ulster Rugby player and Unionist Politician convicted of child sex offences.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/tuv-refuses-to-say-when-bad person-david-tweed-will-be-expelled-16245865.html

David Tweed made his Ireland debut against France in the 1995 Five Nations tournament. Later that year he won another three Irish caps. His staunch unionist views made him a divisive and controversial presence for Irish fans. He joined the TUV in 2010. Tweed was outed as a sexual predator after the Belfast Telegraph successfully overturned a court order banning media identification.

Tweed’s estranged wife Margaret has described how she lived in fear of the former Irish rugby player and recalled the horror of their 23-year relationship.

Margaret met Tweed in 1984 and the couple were married six years later.

Speaking from the Ballymoney home she once shared with the bad person, she claimed that in the two decades they were together before he left thehome in 2007, she endured beatings from him.

Margaret told how Tweed even threatened her with paramilitaries.

“He always had a temper — always,” she told the Sunday Life.

“At times you would be walking on egg shells. The beating with me started from the year dot — he would beat me black and blue.

“I would never hit him back — that would have made things worse. I did leave him many times but he’d always bring me back.

“Once he threatened me with paramilitaries.”

tecphobe

Back to top Go down

Former Ireland and Ulster International David Tweed convicted of sexual offences against children Empty Re: Former Ireland and Ulster International David Tweed convicted of sexual offences against children

Post by Artful_Dodger Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:12 pm

I was very young and not into rugby when this guy was playing for Ulster and Ireland, but having read some of the comments he's made, things he's done and seeing that he joined the TUV, (extreme right wing party led by the most bitter man in Ulster) it was pretty evident he was a bit of a scumbag. Can't say the revelations of wife beating come as any surprise, sexually abusing children slightly more so, but only slightly.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Former Ireland and Ulster International David Tweed convicted of sexual offences against children Empty Re: Former Ireland and Ulster International David Tweed convicted of sexual offences against children

Post by MunsterMac Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:36 pm

The beatings started from year dot and yet after 6 years she agreed to marry him Headscratch

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Sorry, won't accept a 'link' Headscratch

Last edited by PenfroPete on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Attempt to add a link, results in URL displayed but with words changed)
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Davy Tweed was always perceived as a **** before any of this came out but this pretty much puts the seal on him.

He isn't worth discussion. He should be left to rot where he is going.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Notch wrote:Davy Tweed was always perceived as a **** before any of this came out but this pretty much puts the seal on him.

He isn't worth discussion. He should be left to rot where he is going.

Can't agree with that any more.

There's enough scum in this world already, without the likes of this guy preying on the most innocent and vulnerable.

Close the cell door and forget about him.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:00 pm

Not much to say really. Glad justice was done.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:30 am

Didn't know anything about him was well before my time but quite frankly anyone who does that is scum and prison in too good for them.

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:01 pm

Love to know what his team mates thought of him in the mid 90s. Seems strange that such a staunch orange man would want to play rugby for Ireland. Never really understood that. Granted the Irish rugby team embraces both Ulstermen and ROI men and proudly so but always thought that wouldnt sit well with someone of such strong beliefs as Tweed.

Anyways I always knew he was contraversial but this is Outrageous.

I wonder what the deal with Max Clifford is too?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down