The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack Swagger: A Fresh Start?

3 posters

Go down

Jack Swagger: A Fresh Start? Empty Jack Swagger: A Fresh Start?

Post by ADMIN Mon 25 Apr 2011, 8:29 am

Today is Easter, widely believed to be the day where the slate is wiped clean. Tomorrow's WWE Draft will likely do the same for many as the change of brands will help many start over. There are few superstars more in need of a fresh start than the All-American American, Jack Swagger.

Keep this in mind: one year ago, Jack Swagger was the World Heavyweight Champion. Since losing the title, he has been in wrestling purgatory, using Chavo Guerrero as his mascot, the Swagger Soarin' Eagle.

Nowadays, Michael Cole is acting more like his mascot now as Swagger stayed in the middle of the Michael Cole/Jerry Lawler saga that has annoyed many a WWE fan over the past few months.

Swagger needs a change of pace, and it keeps him close to Michael Cole if Swagger is drafted to RAW tomorrow night. Swagger is slowly becoming the new Miz in the mind of Cole, and Cole's preference of superstars has already launched one superstar to the top of the flagship show.

Swagger's last stint on RAW gave him a Money in the Bank briefcase and led to the young man's first world title (not counting ECW, because nobody else does). Swagger doesn't need to be a world title contender from the beginning, but he will need a payoff after all of this Cole/Lawler business.

The idea of Swagger as United States Champion, assuming the belt stays on RAW, would be a great storyline for Swagger. The belt fits his gimmick almost too well, and Swagger could use a mid-card title to bring him a little bit down to Earth, just like it is doing with Sheamus.

Do I think that Swagger could survive on SmackDown? Sure. Without Edge, there is a need for a big-time face on the show. With Alberto Del Rio as the top heel, Swagger would need to hop over rising stars like Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre and members of The Corre in order to be a serious heel on the brand. While none of those men have been a world champion, they are all in the area of a mid-card title, something Swagger hasn't been in for the last few months.

Jack Swagger's legacy right now is that of a one-hit wonder of sorts. When you look at every other Money in the Bank winner, every other winner has been a star except for Swagger. In order to not make him the dud of the group, a place on RAW is necessary to breathe life into him. I could also see him become a future King of the Ring, since that will also help his credibility. Regardless of what happens to him in the coming year, I can almost guarantee a Swagger draft selection on RAW tomorrow night as Michael Cole jumps for joy.

taken from http://bleacherreport.com/articles/666198-wwe-draft-2011-what-will-happen-with-jack-swagger#

---------------

Jack Swagger is one of my favourite wrestlers within WWE over the past few years, he's someone that I think the company should be looking at to put the product around yet for some reason he's fallen foul of the usual World Title blues (see CM Punk & Sheamus), for me he's one of the few guys in the company that pretty much have the complete package and I hope he's in the plans over the coming months to receive a push for being part in the awful Cole storyline.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Jack Swagger: A Fresh Start? Empty Re: Jack Swagger: A Fresh Start?

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 25 Apr 2011, 9:28 am

Hero wrote:Swagger's last stint on RAW gave him a Money in the Bank briefcase and led to the young man's first world title (not counting ECW, because nobody else does).

Except Matt Hardy - "I wuz World's Heavy-wayt Champeen in EEE CEE DUBYA!"

I've said it for ages, Jack Swagger would benefit from Kurt Angle's old 'Wrestling Machine' gimmick. He should be drafted to RAW tonight, then turn him face by having him abandon Michael Cole at Extreme Rules, leaving Cole to fall prey to Jim Ross' 450 splash. Cole could then try to get his revenge by having Alex Riley go after Swagger, leading to a handicap match at the next PPV. Swagger would win fairly comfortably, then say he wants the WWE title. The RAW GM could then throw a few roadblocks in the All American American American American American's way over the summer, which he would plough through before getting a title match with the Miz in the autumn.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Apr 2011, 9:33 am

Morning y'all thumbsup

I like Swagger hes got a great move set and can continue in the WWE where Kurt left off. He is the total package in terms of wrestling ability (not too good on the mike though).

We need guys like Swagger & co to step up to the plate and start progressing as the next generation of superstars.

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 25 Apr 2011, 9:36 am

Morning Y I thumbsup

Thing is will these guys be allowed to step up to the plate? I think guys like Swagger, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes etc. need to start doing more public appearances for WWE, that seems more likely to get you a WWE title run than anything you do in the ring Wink

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 26 Apr 2011, 12:44 pm

I'd rather see Cole as Swaggers manager for the rest of the year before he turns on Cole and beats his new star turn at WrestleMania, I think if Christian wins the World Title then there is a big chance Swagger could be the guy that beats him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down