The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we (the fans) ever happy?

+6
John Bloody Wayne
Gordy
eddyfightfan
jimdig
TRUSSMAN66
ShockmasterV2
10 posters

Go down

Are we (the fans) ever happy? Empty Are we (the fans) ever happy?

Post by ShockmasterV2 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 6:05 pm

Pretty simple question really, it kind of comes from my time reading the wrestling forum where that question is always asked. No matter what we get, (or don't get), we the fans never seem to be truly happy - or maybe we just don't show it. Take this past Saturday night for example... During the Pac/Marquez history everybody seemed to truly want Marquez get what he fully deserved and he did, rightfully so. But despite getting our own bit of self happiness a few people on here don't seem happy, an opinions regarding drug use seem to cloud over the fact that we did get what we wanted. But yet, some people still aren't happy.

So my question to you all is 'are we the fans ever happy?'. Its pretty simple, has there ever been a time where we find ourselves genuinely pleased (without negative factors) at things that happen in the sport. I was genuinely happy Marquez finally got the W he so desperately deserved, but find myself looking at people finding the negatives in a result they craved.

Over to you...
ShockmasterV2
ShockmasterV2

Back to top Go down

Are we (the fans) ever happy? Empty Re: Are we (the fans) ever happy?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 6:17 pm

But maybe the fans who aren't happy...didn't get the result they were looking for...

You're making the assumption everybody wanted Marquez to win..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 10 Dec 2012, 6:22 pm

No. I don't think boxing fans can be truely happy. Too much interest in too many fighters, there is always someone Wee weeing me off / letting me down, not to mention promoters, managers, trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, governing bodies. Never going to be happy I'm afraid.

Now had I been a Ricky Hatton fan, supporting him solely, like a football team, then I would have been delighted, until he ran into mayweather.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 10 Dec 2012, 6:24 pm

Loving the work of the swear filter. Weeing???

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 10 Dec 2012, 8:57 pm

not till champions are forced to unifiy divisions and forced to take on mandatorys (fairly rated) at least 5-6 times a year will i be happy. oh and till all this doesnt cost me hunderds of pounds a year and i dont have to stay up till 4am to watch anything decent.

so no i never will be happy unless i switch to football

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:38 pm

There are far too many things wrong with boxing for real fans to ever be happy.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:38 pm

I've rarely if ever been closer to true happiness with my clothes on than when Bute sagged back into the ropes!

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 11 Dec 2012, 9:31 am

John Bloody Wayne wrote:I've rarely if ever been closer to true happiness with my clothes on than when Bute sagged back into the ropes!

i was going to say watching froch recently there is very little to be unhappy with, fought all the best and gave his all in every fight. kessler in nottingham would make me a very happy man

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 11 Dec 2012, 1:13 pm

I'd say I have been truly happy the odd few times in boxing.

When Froch lost to Kessler I was over the moon as to when Haye lost to Wlad. I felt the world was a great place when Barrera toppled Hamed. And I sometimes check youtube to see the Calzaghe v Hopkins fight just to see the look on old Popkins' face when the result is read out - that always makes me laugh. Laugh

So yeah I can be truly happy sometimes.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 11 Dec 2012, 1:48 pm

I'm over the moon with Marquez victory, the talk of PED's is just absolutely ridiculous.

Its actually more ridiculous than the "foot stomping" technique in the 3rd fight...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockmasterV2 Tue 11 Dec 2012, 2:18 pm

I'm not saying EVERYBODY wanted Marquez to win. And i didn't mean to generalise it. I'm just saying are we ever fully satisfied?
ShockmasterV2
ShockmasterV2

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 11 Dec 2012, 3:01 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:I'm over the moon with Marquez victory, the talk of PED's is just absolutely ridiculous.

Its actually more ridiculous than the "foot stomping" technique in the 3rd fight...

A year ago I'd agree, nowadays nothings would surprise me.

It sickens me worse than overcooked mushrooms, and those who know me know how much that sickens me.

(Alot)

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 11 Dec 2012, 4:03 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:I'm over the moon with Marquez victory, the talk of PED's is just absolutely ridiculous.

A year ago I'd agree, nowadays nothings would surprise me.

It sickens me worse than overcooked mushrooms, and those who know me know how much that sickens me.

(Alot)

That's funny. I never know what is the optimum state for cooked mushrooms. If you overcook them they can become to shrivelled but undercooked they can be a bit chewy and rank! Worse than overcooked mushrooms is raw mushrooms. I've been to buffets where they served raw mushrooms. Don't even get me started on that......!!!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 11 Dec 2012, 4:23 pm

Raw are the only ones I tolerate.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 11 Dec 2012, 11:34 pm

I'm let down constantly by promoters and boxing organizations like the WBC/WBA (for examples).

I have a lot of interest in a vast amount of boxers, probably like many of us on here.

However, if boxing was more like football with the best playing the best, or the best going out their backyard to fight love underdogs with there only being 3 champions in each weight class, then id be happy.

Would be brilliant. No ducking or clowning around, just pure and simple league format or super 6 style cup fights etc.

Will it happen? No.

Will the continuation of a corrupt board, promoters and fighters? Yes.

Sucks really, but when the big ones come along and its a screamer, you are happy as a fan for about a day, then the cycle starts again.

Shame really.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down