The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Insert name here] sacked by Blackburn

+13
GSC
Crimey
Fernando
Il Gialloblu
dyrewolfe
James_182
spencerclarke
Good Golly I'm Olly
jeromedubois
Duty281
dancingweeman
NickisBHAFC
Corporalhumblebucket
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[Insert name here] sacked by Blackburn - Page 2 Empty [Insert name here] sacked by Blackburn

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Berg sacked after 57 days in charge. As well as the manager, the assistant manager, first team coach and goalkeeping coach also sacked. They've probably listened to criticism that they kept Kean on too long - and decided that the Chelsea approach to hiring and firing may work better....

Now Michael Appleton has been sacked as well. (19/03/13)

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

[Insert name here] sacked by Blackburn - Page 2 Empty Re: [Insert name here] sacked by Blackburn

Post by kwinigolfer Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:50 pm

Easy to forget that Appleton's "sacked" Portsmouth and Blackpool already this season as he strives to move onwards and, according to his bank manager at least, upwards.

Listening to Richard Bevan's LMA nonsense today you'd think all managers and coaches are angels, all directors and owners are villains.

This may well be true much of the time but not always, as Michael Appleton has found out at the expense of his pride but presumably not his investment portfolio.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

[Insert name here] sacked by Blackburn - Page 2 Empty Re: [Insert name here] sacked by Blackburn

Post by GSC Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:51 pm

James_182 wrote:Don’t get me wrong, I actually liked Appleton, he talked a good game and seemed to have his head screwed on, however as we all know football is a results driven business, and our results have been relegation form over the last 8 games.

I will elaborate, 8 games played, 6 losses and 2 draws, 3 goals scored and 6 games registered with without scoring, on some occasions we had literally 1 or 2 shots on goal and seemed to be happy to sit back in our own half, we played with little desire or direction and now look like we set for the drop.

If any other club had have made this choice after this terrible run, no one would bat an eyelid, but as its Blackburn its fair game to have a pop.

I'm sorry, I can't buy this line of thinking. A bad run of form 15 games into his tenure is under no circumstances a sackable offense. Especially when he won 4 of his first 6, has had no window to build his squad and half the squad is injured. You sign a manager, you give him time to implement his vision, otherwise theres no point in hiring him.

The Venkys appear to have no clue. Their reaction to giving Kean too long is to dump everyone who doesn't produce a Billy Davies start, rather than finding the right guy. I feel sorry for Blackburn fans (although the negative reaction doesn't help the team either) that club is going to fall further.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:13 pm

I think they could do worse than appoint Gary Bowyer as full-time manager (or do a Chelsea and make him "interim manager"). He went a whole 4 games unbeaten in his caretaker stint.

Just a shame no-one can sack Venkys - they are far and away Blackburn's biggest problem.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by James_182 Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:27 pm

My Mate just emailed me this at work, which I actually found funny given the circumstances:

'Manager of the month is not an award, it’s the Blackburn managers job title'

He supports Newcastle, must have forgotten the Freddy Shepherd days!!

James_182

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:34 pm

That's a good one actually Laugh

The days of Stuart Ripley are well and truly gone. It's a sorry state of affairs for a club that was so good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:55 pm

I dont have any sympathy for Michael Appleton after the way he jumped ship from Blackpool after a couple of months.

But Blackburn: what an absoute farce!!! I genuinely feel sorry for the loyal fans having to watch their club nosedive like this.

Whenever I get upset about the fact that Leicester are throwing away their season with a whimper after looking cert for automatics, I remind myself "at least Im not a Blackburn fan"

And thats a sorry state of affairs for the real Blackburn fans out there...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Is it possible to change the title of a thread? Probably be more efficient if it was [Insert latest name] sacked by Blackburn.
Thanks for doing that.... thumbsup

"Manager of the month is not an award, it’s the Blackburn managers job title'" Sums up the situation rather well...

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:42 pm

James_182 wrote:Don’t get me wrong, I actually liked Appleton, he talked a good game and seemed to have his head screwed on, however as we all know football is a results driven business, and our results have been relegation form over the last 8 games.

I will elaborate, 8 games played, 6 losses and 2 draws, 3 goals scored and 6 games registered with without scoring, on some occasions we had literally 1 or 2 shots on goal and seemed to be happy to sit back in our own half, we played with little desire or direction and now look like we set for the drop.

If any other club had have made this choice after this terrible run, no one would bat an eyelid, but as its Blackburn its fair game to have a pop.

I think its more to do with the fact Blackburn have been going through managers like Alex Ferguson goes through chewing gum.

My own club Middlesbrough have an even worse record this year (Played 13, Won 2, Drawn 1, Lost 10) but we've stuck with our manager because we're half-way through a 5-year plan.

Blackburn might fare better if they drew up a long-term plan and stuck to it, instead of sacking managers every few months. Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:58 pm

i got sacked by blackburn today :/

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:46 am

So did I...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:20 pm

Blackburn lost 3 - 0 to Cardiff today. In real danger of relegation. Probably time for another change of manager... Rolling Eyes

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:41 pm

....Talking of which, Neil Warnock might be available. Erm

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:40 am

I hear Steve Kean is looking for work...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:05 pm

Blackburn might actually go down, there falling apart, whilst Wolves, Peterborough, Barnsley seem to keep on winning....

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:27 pm

The only good thing that might come out of this is that if Blackburn DO go down, it might encourage Venkys to abandon ship.

True the club would be in a bit of a mess, but it can't be much worse than whats going on now? First order of business would be to get an owner who actually understands football.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:42 am

While it would be terrible for the fans of the club, the old guys who've supported them for 80 years and the kids who are just starting their journey as a Blackburn fan, I would love for Blackburn to go down. The way the club has been run is farcical, and the Board deserves nothing less. Steve Kean must be laughing his face off right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:12 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:While it would be terrible for the fans of the club, the old guys who've supported them for 80 years and the kids who are just starting their journey as a Blackburn fan, I would love for Blackburn to go down. The way the club has been run is farcical, and the Board deserves nothing less. Steve Kean must be laughing his face off right now.

This.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:46 pm

No matter what people say about Steve Kean, instead of feeling sorry for him, and saying he should be laugh you should try to understand the full reasons for the true hatred that we have for him. Too anyone who even believes a victim I always send them the same article.

http://www.thewildblackburnrover.com/2012/10/what-you-saw-what-we-saw.html

Unfortunately I don't believe we deserve this, we were perfectly run for over 20 years with John Williams, and Jack Walker. What a lot of people fail to understand is that I firmly believe Blackburn Rovers will never be the same again as some fans have walked away from it and don't recognise the club anymore. The owners is just the beginning of the problem.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2