The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R-TRUTHS FIRST HEEL PROMO ( CONTAINS SPOILERS)

+7
Mr H
JamesLincs
User Name
Kay Fabe
Dx Dan.
theanimal316
DOYLE192
11 posters

Go down

R-TRUTHS FIRST HEEL PROMO ( CONTAINS SPOILERS) Empty R-TRUTHS FIRST HEEL PROMO ( CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Post by DOYLE192 Tue 26 Apr 2011, 6:33 pm

Well it started last week with the attack on morrison.

though last night on raw was the first time we had a 'heel promo' from r-truth and to be honest..... i thought it was absolutely brilliant ( didnt think i'd ever say that about anything r-truth ever did haha). Say what you will about truth and believe me as a face the man was probaly the most annoying man in the wwe in my oppinion, though as a heel i think he could really go places, i mean the guy has alot of charisma and as was proved last night hes good on the mic. He aint brilliant in the ring but he aint terrible either and i think he could easily improve over time i.e stop using that stupid twisting shoulder barge as a finisher!!

I honestly think this heel version of 'the truth' could work, that is if wwe use him right and not just allow him to get lost in the middle/lower card like a certain chad gaspar ( is he even still with wwe?)

whats your thoughts on the new r-truth?

DOYLE192

Back to top Go down

R-TRUTHS FIRST HEEL PROMO ( CONTAINS SPOILERS) Empty Re: R-TRUTHS FIRST HEEL PROMO ( CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Post by theanimal316 Tue 26 Apr 2011, 7:21 pm

He was quite entertaining last night, I liked it. I think he would do well as the leader of a new faction, like a modern Nation of Domination. Some of the stuff he was saying in his speech was how I imagined Cena would speak if he turned heel, about parents thinking their kids copying him makes them cute. I think he will establish himsef above JoMoin the pecking order.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

R-TRUTHS FIRST HEEL PROMO ( CONTAINS SPOILERS) Empty Re: R-TRUTHS FIRST HEEL PROMO ( CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Post by Dx Dan. Tue 26 Apr 2011, 7:27 pm

I was quite suprised when he swore; TWICE!

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 26 Apr 2011, 7:33 pm

Truth undoubtedly stole the show last night, he could easily be an occasional main eventer

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by DOYLE192 Tue 26 Apr 2011, 7:33 pm

Dx Dan. wrote:I was quite suprised when he swore; TWICE!

yer i thought that was good, as it added to his new persona what with the smoking last week ad now swearing and mocking the kids/families in the audience. i dont know wether wwe tried to censor it out , because there was like a silence after he said it both times as if they tried to block it out and completely miss timed it haha

DOYLE192

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Tue 26 Apr 2011, 7:52 pm

The USA or WWE suck at the censoring as the missed the rock on his return aswell then gave up lol

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 26 Apr 2011, 8:46 pm

RAW is on a 5 second time delay to enable them to censor stuff yet the almost always miss it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 26 Apr 2011, 10:58 pm

i liked the promo too, very suprised. think i might like him now

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 27 Apr 2011, 9:07 am

What swear words did Truth use?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 27 Apr 2011, 9:07 am

Thought Truth's promo was fantastic, he's always had it in him but as the smiley, dancing babyface he's not been allowed to show it.

Hopefully they keep this heel run as 'R-Truth: Angry Man' and not 'R-Truth: Angry Black Man'. We don't need him to become a stereotypical militant who blames 'the man' for holding him back because of the colour of his skin. We don't need another Nation of Domination, and R-Truth doesn't need a faction right now because he needs to establish himself in the upper echelons of RAW on his own.

The early signs are encouraging, hope it continues.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 27 Apr 2011, 9:53 am

Where do people rank R-Truth amongst the other mid-card/main-event heels on Raw then?
He's not very high up IMO.
I'd have him below the likes of:

The Miz
Alberto Del Rio
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Jack Swagger
Arguably Drew Mcintyre.

Surely Truth won't be anywhere near the main event scene?

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 27 Apr 2011, 10:12 am

Dx Dan. wrote:Where do people rank R-Truth amongst the other mid-card/main-event heels on Raw then?
He's not very high up IMO.
I'd have him below the likes of:

The Miz
Alberto Del Rio
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Jack Swagger
Arguably Drew Mcintyre.

Surely Truth won't be anywhere near the main event scene?

In terms of heels on Raw:

Miz
ADR
Punk
Swagger
R-Truth
Ziggler
McIntyre

And given that SD only had Rhodes, Sheamus and Barrett I am amazed that Drew was drafted...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed 27 Apr 2011, 11:20 am

I dont know why but simply changing his catchphrase from "What's Up?" to "Shut Up!" was great. He even has it on his trousers now!!!
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 27 Apr 2011, 11:22 am

Josh, you think Truth is ahead of Ziggler; a former WHC?
Yeah there was no need for Drew to go, but i guess they've also got the rest of The Corre, Mark Henry, Brodus Clay and Ted Dibiase.

Mr.H, he said he was p*55ed off twice.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 27 Apr 2011, 11:24 am

Dx Dan. wrote:Josh, you think Truth is ahead of Ziggler; a former WHC?
Yeah there was no need for Drew to go, but i guess they've also got the rest of The Corre, Mark Henry, Brodus Clay and Ted Dibiase.

Mr.H, he said he was p*55ed off twice.

Truth has far more momentum than Ziggler at present. Dirk just doesn't really seem to be going anywhere at the moment and could suffer from no mid card title for him to go for.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 27 Apr 2011, 11:59 am

Hmm. Yeah i guess i agree.
I think its just that i rate Dolph and hate Truth. Sad

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 27 Apr 2011, 12:08 pm

Dx Dan. wrote:Hmm. Yeah i guess i agree.
I think its just that i rate Dolph and hate Truth. Sad

And I agree with that assessment. The problem is that Truth has momentum and is good on the mic while Ziggler is going nowhere at present and has to rely on Vickie Guerrero. She can be very good at what she does but has very little momentum and is overshadowing Dolph atm.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Apr 2011, 12:12 pm

I'd rate Truth much higher than Ziggler and Swagger and much higher than Drew at present

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 27 Apr 2011, 2:55 pm

I'm hoping Truth costs Cena the WWE title at Extreme Rules, I think WWE should capitalise on his turn and momentum. It'll give Truth a boost obviously and it'll keep Cena occupied for the time being. In my opinion Truth has by-passed a feud with John Morrison, it won't do him any favours to be stuck with the Wooden Wonder right now. Don't think WWE have the balls to do it though.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Apr 2011, 3:10 pm

I think he needs to go over Morrison first to be honest before moving onto Cena, I'd actually really welcome a Cena/Truth feud, its fresh and Truth would be able to hold his own on the stick

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 27 Apr 2011, 3:18 pm

I think that's what they'll do anyway gaffer. They sort of started the Truth turn with his interaction with Cena and they could have cemented it at Extreme Rules but I think by substituting Truth with Morrison in the cage match, they've shown that they want a Truth/Morrison feud first. I'd be very surprised if he didn't get involved and cost either Morrison or Cena the match on Sunday.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Wed 27 Apr 2011, 3:28 pm

We said this only a few weeks ago a couple of tweeks to truths character and he'de be great.

Be interesting to see if he drops his jeans and piercings now, and reverts to a jericho esque type heel.

Sorta like ortons new beard look he's got going.

and create a wrestler 10 who vickie manages.

its all change down at titan towers.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 27 Apr 2011, 3:30 pm

Hopefully Truth takes all the dancing out of his repertoire. No-one's going to take him seriously as a heel if he's still busting a move during his matches.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Apr 2011, 3:48 pm

I thought Truth would have been re-added to the title match this week but it wasn't to be, it is funny though that we where just discussing what Truth needs before this change

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 27 Apr 2011, 3:53 pm

Maybe Vince has finally seen sense and has started reading 606v2.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Wed 27 Apr 2011, 4:00 pm

Truth should take maryse as a manager a start doing ballroom dnacing before each match.

Actually will jericho do that when he returns, or will it be a tango instead?

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed 27 Apr 2011, 6:35 pm

Im suprised no-one's made a reference to "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!" Whistle
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 27 Apr 2011, 8:36 pm

Haha i like it Jammy Very Happy

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down