The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew Coltart

3 posters

Go down

Andrew Coltart Empty Andrew Coltart

Post by gaelgowfer Sun 06 Jan 2013, 5:22 pm

Ah ha, so this is what Andrew Coltart's been getting up to these days. Sounds as if he's busier now than when he was a touring pro and certainly a lot happier. Well, who wouldn't be, living in the golfing wonderland of East Lothian.

Anyway, worth a read ...

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/golf/golf-andrew-coltart-has-no-regrets-about-giving-up-the-european-tour-grind-1-2721042

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Andrew Coltart Empty Re: Andrew Coltart

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 06 Jan 2013, 6:30 pm

Nice article gael, Thanks.
I never thought he should have been picked (over Langer for instance) for the 1999 Ryder Cup, but when he finally got his chance, he gave Woods a decent run for his money. Good luck to him. Now if he could only help his brother-in-law with his chipping . . . . . .

See Russell Knox has received a free pass in to this coming week's Sony Open? If they get the chance to play of course.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Sun 06 Jan 2013, 9:02 pm

Nae bother kwini. As with Paul Lawrie, I'm sure Coltart will put a lot of his time back into the game. He came from a very pro-junior club (Thornhill) so good habits will have been instilled into him in so far as encouraging the next generation of golfers is concerned.

I also think he's an excellent commentator if for no other reason than his voice doesn't seem to grate on me like some others I could mention!

Re your comment about Westy, it is ironic that Coltart had to give up the ghost not because he lacked all the golfing skills but because he couldn't blast his way around the course ... unlike his brother-in-law who has made millions by doing just that without the need for a grade A short game.

Is Russell Knox getting an invitation because he managed to stay in the top 150? I suppose it was a big ask to expect him to retain his card at his first attempt particularly when taking into consideration how he got there in the first place.

Hyundai must think they've been cursed. First of all, some of the top players don't bother to support the event and if that's not bad enough, the weather puts the other boot in!

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 06 Jan 2013, 9:08 pm

He's got a pretty annoying accent. Saw him hole his tee shot on 8 on TOC once.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 06 Jan 2013, 9:23 pm

gael,
I think Knox received an invitation because of his North of Scotland charm. As I mentioned on my thread, he made himself a lot of friends on Tour last year - got pretty good press also.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:01 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:gael,
I think Knox received an invitation because of his North of Scotland charm. As I mentioned on my thread, he made himself a lot of friends on Tour last year - got pretty good press also.

He is half american of course. That might have helped. Wink

Clearly he didn't make enough cuts last year but it seemed to me he was within a shot or two only of making it on a number of occasions. Anyway, now that he's had a taste of the big league and, given the spectacular way he found his way onto the main tour last year in the first place, hopefully he'll make a quick return.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down