The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last nights British title fights.

+2
sparxz
hampo17
6 posters

Go down

Last nights British title fights. Empty Last nights British title fights.

Post by hampo17 Sat 19 Jan 2013, 10:13 am

Not sure if anyone else caught these on Boxnation last night. Frankie Gavin was impressive in defending his British title, and looks to moving on to the next level now. Hopefully the fights will come quickly and his personal problems are behind him.

On the undercard Ben Murphy lost his British title to Martin Gethin via stoppage. I personally think Gethin is a very underrated boxer, having come close to getting a British title shot before this was his big chance and he took it with both hands. Murphy started well in his usual pitbull style, applying constant pressure but eventually Gethin was able to establish a strong jab and just grew in confidence.

A nice way to start the weekend with some good fights coming up tonight.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Last nights British title fights. Empty Re: Last nights British title fights.

Post by sparxz Sat 19 Jan 2013, 10:53 am

Unfortunatly i did not get to see the fights, but Glad to hear Frankie Gavin was impressive hopefully he can kick onto European honours before the year is out.

As for The Bantamweight title, Ben Murphy didnt lose his title, it was a vacant title. Having said that you expect nothing else from Ben murphy except pressure fighting, hopefully Gethin has more to his game, as i know very little about him.

Good start tho, now for Kal and the prizefighters tnoight.

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sat 19 Jan 2013, 11:18 am

Haven't seen the Gavin fight yet, but it seems that the penny has dropped with him and that he no longer intends to squander all that talent. I still wonder whether he might not be better at 140, but I guess only Frankie knows the weight at which he feels most comfortable. In any event, it must be a case of Europe here we come now.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 19 Jan 2013, 12:01 pm

Was very impressed with Gavin, he has some serious skills, I feel that his lack of real power might stop him short at world level unfortunately.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 19 Jan 2013, 12:56 pm

That power will come I think. His technique is excellent and once he gets back into the groove by being at his sharpest - I think he'll snap a few heads back in his time. He wont be Hearns or anything but enough not to get smothered and swarmed by his tougher opponents

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sat 19 Jan 2013, 1:03 pm

I didn't see Gavin last night and haven't seen the Witter fight either but last time I did see him he looked real small and a bit fleshy at Welterweight and I thought he could easily make 140lbs, has he filled out a bit since then? Maybe he wants to make sure he doesn't have another situation like the Olympics so is playing it safe with the weight.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down