The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland squad for the 6 Nations

+35
maestegmafia
Manky-Flanker
tigertattie
beshocked
Rory_Gallagher
Cryptoyourisan
reallybored
Heuer27
sensisball
TJ1
alive555
bsando
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pat_Mustard
nickj
George Carlin
RubyGuby
MacKnocked-on
IanBru
21st Century Schizoid Man
jimbopip
lostinwales
EWT Spoons
Imperialbigdave
bluestonevedder
Effervescing Elephant
Scot Abroad
Glas a du
GLove39
R!skysports
RDW
UlstermaninGlasgow
RuggerRadge2611
Solid8
39 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Scotland squad for the 6 Nations - Page 2 Empty Scotland squad for the 6 Nations

Post by Solid8 Thu 24 Jan 2013, 3:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Edit - Original 1000 or so posts on this thread are here https://www.606v2.com/t38845p950-scotland-squad-for-the-6-nations - KiwiPete

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Been browsing some Rugby news sites...

Regarding the delay in announcing the Scotland captain, Johnson can't really be thinking about playing Stroks at 6 instead of brown can he?

No but there may be other players he feels could be better captains, given the strong representation of Glasgow in the squad, Kellock maybe.

Solid8

Back to top Go down

Scotland squad for the 6 Nations - Page 2 Empty Re: Scotland squad for the 6 Nations

Post by RDW Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:03 pm

Glas a du wrote:"...it's 5 games against the best teams in Europe, we got a new coach, half a back line, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses...

...hit it..."

Winner. Best one yet!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Scotland squad for the 6 Nations - Page 2 Empty Re: Scotland squad for the 6 Nations

Post by R!skysports Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:10 pm

"ooo aaa oooo aaa oooo oOOOOO AaaaAAAAA OOOOO AAAAAAAAAAAA"

I read what post she reading"

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:12 pm

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a Post."

"Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in page 19 anymore"

"May the Scots be with you."

"I love the smell of posting in the morning."

"E.T. post here"

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:22 pm

"1000 posts? This is madness"
"Madness..?"
"THIS IS SCOTLAND"

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:30 pm

"DO you expect me to talk?"

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to post"
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:33 pm

GLove39 wrote:"1000 posts? This is madness"
"Madness..?"
"THIS IS SCOTLAND"

Definitely the best, especially with Gerard Butler being a Paisley lad and all...
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:34 pm

http://thesurrealist.co.uk/slogan.cgi

'Probably the best 1000 posts in the world...' Yahoo

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:38 pm

lostinwales wrote:http://thesurrealist.co.uk/slogan.cgi

'Probably the best 1000 posts in the world...' Yahoo

I got "Next to the breast, 1000 posts is the best"
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:41 pm

"Designed for the 1000, engineered to last"

Blwdy awesome!
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:43 pm

I've seen posts you people wouldn't believe. [laughs] Threads suggesting Gavin Henson for the lions tour. I watched AWOP reveal himself to be thegreyghost near the Dewdrop inn. All those posts will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears in rain...Time to die.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:59 pm

Page 22, I never knew such a place existed...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Thu 24 Jan 2013, 7:00 pm

Next target......2000 posts!

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 24 Jan 2013, 7:07 pm

If you post it they will WUM.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 24 Jan 2013, 7:14 pm

If you post it they will scrum.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 24 Jan 2013, 8:03 pm

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn !

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Thu 24 Jan 2013, 8:45 pm

This is getting silly, I'll make a new thread and we can start again

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 24 Jan 2013, 9:01 pm

Darth McVader wrote:Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of 1000 posts
Incidentally, first time out, I got this:
"How Do You Eat Your Ianbru?"
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 24 Jan 2013, 9:26 pm

"You were only supposed to post the blydi team news!"
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 9:56 pm

This thread is in danger of lasting longer than a Macron shirt.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Thu 24 Jan 2013, 10:05 pm

I have an idea, let's all write autobiographies with close up pictures of ourselves on the front cover not smiling and, seeing as Bsando started the thread, he can write a book called winning. People will be talking about this is nine years time using it as evidence that Scottish posters are the best in the Northern Hemisphere. We could all stop posting and then be asked to post on the Lions thread despite being past it and useless, then watch as we are beaten 3-0. After that Bsando can start Olympic threads and offer his opinion on whatever decisions other people who starts threads make.

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Thu 24 Jan 2013, 10:09 pm

Scot Abroad wrote:This is getting silly, I'll make a new thread and we can start again
Fight and you may die. Run and you
will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now,
would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for
one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell
our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take
our freedom!

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 25 Jan 2013, 12:55 am

To be honest, I preferred Mad Max:

Rob Harley wrote:I am the Ginger tackle monster. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 25 Jan 2013, 8:06 am

Do you think the Mods will think it's funny to stop at 1066?

"Once more unto Brechin, my fiends..."
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Fri 25 Jan 2013, 8:56 am

More like 1314 posts, am i right or am i right? Hug
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 25 Jan 2013, 9:02 am

Glad to see the English rugby side are fighting the stereotype of being boring, stuck up and all round lacking in a sense of humour:

It was clear that he had his tongue firmly inserted in his cheek but, with English newspapers yesterday claiming that Johnson had been “mocking” England’s injury woes, assistant coach Farrell seemed to lose his sense of humour too.

“It is funny, isn’t it? Very funny. Hilarious,” he said dryly, before adding sternly: “We are saying plenty of things behind closed doors.”

Laugh

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby/top-rugby-stories/english-suffer-from-humour-bypass-over-scott-johnson-chat-1-2758445

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 25 Jan 2013, 9:14 am

Imperialbigdave wrote:I've seen posts you people wouldn't believe. [laughs] Threads suggesting Gavin Henson for the lions tour. I watched AWOP reveal himself to be thegreyghost near the Dewdrop inn. All those posts will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears in rain...Time to die.

Laugh

Best post on the thread by a clear distance clap
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri 25 Jan 2013, 9:33 am

"Well, here's another nice blog you've gotten me into!"

"Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to write about me. Aren't you?"

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 25 Jan 2013, 9:42 am

By DAVID FERGUSON
Published on Friday 25 January 2013 03:55

HE HAS been called many things and Scott Johnson added “tough person of doubtful parentage” <RR Edit since my work swear filter won't let it through even with the asterisks> this week, but Dean Ryan could have a significant impact on the Scotland squad in the forthcoming RBS Six Nations according to Glasgow skipper Alastair Kellock.

Former England back row and Gloucester coach Ryan accepted Johnson’s invitation to drill the Scottish pack in the Six Nations but made it clear that he would then return to his TV analysis role. But, sporting navy blue at his first training camp this week, he told the Scotland players he was committed to helping them turn around a series of disappointing campaigns, and Kellock has been impressed.

“He’s great,” said the Glasgow skipper. “A spade is a spade with Dean but what I’ve found really good is that, if it’s positive, then he’ll tell you. He’ll say ‘that was top-class’ and if it’s negative you’re not left wondering.

“It makes our jobs easier because everything is very clear in terms of what he’s after. That’s the key – he makes things clear.

“He’s got a different way of putting things across at times. He uses a whiteboard, a pen and paper, shows you what he wants and you then go out and put it into practise. Then we come back and analyse it, which is a great way to work because you know straight away if you’ve nailed it.

“We’ve been working closely with Dean on the contact area, and worked with [skills coach] Stevie Scott on lineouts and what we’re looking to do there, and they’re both good. But you only need to speak to Dean for five minutes to know that he has an incredible knowledge of the game, so I’m trying to tap into that and learn as much as I can.”

Kellock is desperate to get back into the Scotland team after former coach Andy Robinson preferred the bulk of Jim Hamilton in the scrum to Kellock’s lineout prowess.

The Bishopbriggs man is 6ft 8in tall but not built like a tank, yet has built himself into a not-insignificant 18st 7lbs and underlined on Saturday against Northampton his growing ability to carry ball and provide an effective lead for his team.

Kellock is arguably the best captain Scotland have at their disposal, if selected, and, despite spearheading a record Glasgow contingent of 19 in the national squad, he has been quick to try to eradicate any lingering doubt from the poor recent club form of the smaller band of Edinburgh players.

“I’ve come in on the back of bad results and poor seasons in the past but what you have to do is narrow your focus and concentrate on playing well yourself. First and foremost you’re going for selection and the guys coming in are only there because they’re extremely talented.

“It doesn’t matter whether you’re coming from a club that’s winning or a club that’s losing, you’re still a good enough player to be selected for Scotland.

“It’s great to have so many Glasgow players involved because it shows the good work we’ve done in the past few seasons. You look at guys now in the Scotland squad and many joined us two, three or four years ago. They battled their way into the Glasgow team, worked incredibly hard and, because of their performances for Glasgow, they have now been picked in the Scotland squad and they are keen to show what they can do.

“But, at no stage with Scotland are you guaranteed a place. I’m really enjoying my rugby right now, and enjoying working with Dean and Johnno, a new team and new ideas, and learning from them. I’m playing well but I’m playing in a winning team, which makes it easy, and the Glasgow boys will take positives from how we’ve been going but this is a different squad, different mix and with a different focus.”

So, what would represent success for the squad as they head to Twickenham as firm underdogs?

“We’ll beat England and then take it from there,” stated Kellock. “The thing with the Six Nations is that, if you get too carried away looking at what you want at the end, you don’t get what you need at the beginning.”

It's time to really burst the lock discussion open. After reading this, and from the looks of it perhaps Ryan has Kellock running the line out. Which means Hamilton will be on the bench.

I'm ok with that. Kellock does run a fantastic lineout and since MacArthur is likely to start (he certainly deserves to) it means there will be a familiarity in the line.

If this is the case we really need to turn the lineout into a weapon. It needs to be blst proof when we are under pressure and have a dozens of unpredictable set piece moves when we have a line in the opposition 22. Lets try and get our big men (Denton, Beattie, Lamont and Visser) running onto good lineout ball and punching holes.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri 25 Jan 2013, 10:13 am

PS - Happy Burns Day

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 25 Jan 2013, 10:15 am

Thank you. Happy St Dwynwen's day to you.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 25 Jan 2013, 10:19 am

Happy Fecking Friday Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 25 Jan 2013, 10:19 am

"Ruaridh...Schieß den Fenster...Shoot the glass!"
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:11 am

I leave you kids alone for TWO days.... picard
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:14 am

George Carlin wrote:I leave you kids alone for TWO days.... picard

Hey I made a relevant post!
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:14 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

Hey I made a relevant post!

Which was completely ignored!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:16 am

Oh! Hang on. I know which film that's from, its on the tip of my tongue....AARGGHH! What is it, tell us!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:17 am

Eeerrrr - - Rugby squad, dan parks, aR and ndl

There back on track

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:20 am

Glas a du wrote:

Oh! Hang on. I know which film that's from, its on the tip of my tongue....AARGGHH! What is it, tell us!

The Blue Lagoon? God, i loved that film...
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:24 am

Laugh
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:26 am

"Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the Vernon debate..."
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:35 am

Would be interesting to put a list of players we think have a chance of the lions squad before the 6 nations and see how that changes during

for me

Murray - good chance
Ford - - Outside chance
Grant - Outside chance
Gray - good chance
Hines - Outside chance
Brown - good chance
Beattie - Outside chance
Rennie - Outside chance
Denton - Outside chance
Hogg - Very Outside chance
Visser - Very Outside chance
Blair - Very Outside chance
Laidlaw - Very Outside chance

Not sure at this stage many more are on the radar - but the 6 nations will be their chance to put themselves forward

3 good chance
6 outside chance
4 very outside chance

What are your thoughts

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:39 am

Riskysports wrote:Would be interesting to put a list of players we think have a chance of the lions squad before the 6 nations and see how that changes during

for me

Murray - good chance
Ford - - Outside chance
Grant - Outside chance
Gray - good chance
Hines - Outside chance good chance
Brown - good chance
Beattie - Outside chance good chance
Rennie - Outside chance Very Outside chance (injury pending)
Denton - Outside chance
Hogg - Very Outside chance Outside chance
Visser - Very Outside chance Outside chance
Blair - Very Outside chance No chance at all

Changes above thumbsup
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:44 am

I suppose we should get back to some form of informed debate!

For me:

Good chance:

Murray
Ford
Grant
Gray
Denton
Rennie
Beattie
Brown

Now that is a very long list but my caveat is it is entirely dependant o the 6N! If Rennie doesn’t get game time he has no chance for example.

Outside chance:

Laidlaw
Scott (think about it – there aren’t that many standout 12s in the home nations and if he has a strong 6N then who knows!)
Visser
Maitland
Hogg

What I think will go:

Grant
Gray
Denton
Laidlaw
Scott
Visser

Again that is quite a lot but I think Laidlaw will be taken for his flexibility (like Austin Healy) and for his goal kicking. Matt Scott is a big call but as I said there aren’t many stand outs at 12 and if he has a good 6N he stands every chance. I think Grant will do really well and is definitely in with a shout for loosehead.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solid8 Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:47 am

I'd agree with Radge's changes apart from Ford. The guy has no chance, even with all of the silly delusional centre pairings that have recently graced this thread, we have all agreed that he should not be starting. If he is unlikely to start for us he is not going to make the lions squad!

Solid8

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:51 am

Gatland's view:

Murray - Outside chance
Ford - - Good chance
Grant - Very Outside chance
Gray - Very good chance
Hines - Very outside chance
Brown - Outside chance
Beattie - Outside chance
Rennie - Very Outside chance
Denton - Good chance
Hogg - Very Outside chance
Visser - Very Outside chance
Blair - Very Outside chance

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Fri 25 Jan 2013, 12:47 pm

How come no ones mentioning Vernon for the lions? Sexton needs a backup!
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 25 Jan 2013, 1:16 pm

Don't joke, Gatland is known for stunts.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 25 Jan 2013, 1:28 pm

Some staggering optimism here.

My view at present

Good chance - Richie Gray

Small chance - Murray, Ford, Denton, Rennie, Beattie, Scott, Visser, Maitland and Hogg.

Everyone else - no chance. No chance whatsoever.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri 25 Jan 2013, 1:43 pm

I would say if Grant has a good 6 nations he has a chance. Not many good looseheads at the Moment

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 25 Jan 2013, 2:08 pm

Healy, Court, Sheridan, Corbisiero, James and Jenkins.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next