The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rigo vs Donaire Looks Done: Who Wins?

+19
mobilemaster8
Pedro147
bellchees
manos de piedra
captain carrantuohil
Seanusarrilius
Mind the windows Tino.
milkyboy
BoxingFan88
TheMackemMawler
AlexHuckerby
Imperial Ghosty
TopHat24/7
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
ShahenshahG
Soldier_Of_Fortune
88Chris05
TRUSSMAN66
davidemore
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rigo vs Donaire Looks Done: Who Wins?  - Page 3 Empty Rigo vs Donaire Looks Done: Who Wins?

Post by davidemore Tue 29 Jan 2013, 1:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.boxingscene.com/donaire-vs-rigondeaux-close-done-april-13--61868

I mean, let's be honest, the day Bob Arum refuses to match his own fighters is the day he is done in boxing. He needs to make up with GBP, they match everyone and anyone for the sake of boxing. Anyway, who wins this fight?

For me, it will be a bloody close one, but ONLY if Rigo doesn't try to fight fire with fire. If both go looking for a KO then he will lose that battle IMO. If he is patient, counters with the speed we know he has, and uses his amazing reflexes, he has a good chance against the amazing Nonito.

If pushed to choose now I'd say Rigo by split decision or Nonito by KO. So hard to call!

Thoughts? heart

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Rigo vs Donaire Looks Done: Who Wins?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Rigo vs Donaire Looks Done: Who Wins?

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 2:17 pm

I don't understand why Donaire has haters, he litterally has no character faults at all?

-> He scores crunching knockouts
-> He is extremely entertaining
-> He speaks very well
-> He is like your average joe in terms of personality
-> He has some slick skills
-> He is the poster boy for trying to keep boxing a clean sport

Why do people dislike him, its absolutely mind boggling?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Rigo vs Donaire Looks Done: Who Wins?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Rigo vs Donaire Looks Done: Who Wins?

Post by Pedro147 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 2:34 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Hi Pedro, this fight is definitely going ahead and its only 2 weeks away on Saturday!

Boxnation haven't picked it up as of yet... nor have they picked up Rios Alvarado mad

Cheers for the info Boxing Fan - Hopefully BN or Sky will pick it up as it isn't often you get two top boxers from same division in the ring and is a real clash of styles.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 2:42 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:I don't understand why Donaire has haters, he litterally has no character faults at all?

-> He speaks very well

I think it's just a reaction to perceived nuthuggery.....i.e. more a dislike of Donaire's fans than the man himself.

Bit like D4 on here somehow managed to put me off Pac, a fighter I was a firm fan of previously.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 2:44 pm

I don't think Donaire really has too many 'haters', BF88. Mackem's one of them, sure, but that's more because Nonito may well be knocking his all-time boxing hero in to a cocked hat in a couple of weeks time!

I just can't wait for the fight, personally. Beautiful mix of styles, a genuinely significant fight in each man's quest to reign over the Super-Bantams and become / remain a major pound for pound player and it'll answer any remaining questions anyone has about either man.

I'm still not convinced that Donaire is going to completely run amock in this one as many others are, and I can see it being a really fascinating contest if Rigondeaux can avoid getting caught cold. Donaire to win in the latter stages for me though, still.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:25 pm

Can not see anything but a Rigo win here guys.

UD or LKO from Rigo.

Think it will be easier than people think as well.

Stand by for a suprise.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:29 pm

Mobilemaster8 = Mackem's alias account. I don't even want to hear anyone trying to refute it!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:34 pm

I'd honestly be shocked if rigo managed to take it into the second round. 1st round KO

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:41 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Mobilemaster8 = Mackem's alias account. I don't even want to hear anyone trying to refute it!

Haha Mobile is a Manc from memory, not a Mackem.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 5:38 pm

Tophat is clearly a third alias trying to deflect attention away from Chris's perfectly sound theory.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 26 Mar 2013, 5:59 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:I don't understand why Donaire has haters, he litterally has no character faults at all?

-> He speaks very well

Because we're English and like losers I mean...erm.... underdogs.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 26 Mar 2013, 6:04 pm

I want Rigo "the underdog" to win. And if he does? Naturally, I will remain calm and quiet.

NAAAAATTTTT!!!!!!
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 9:44 pm

If that happens Mackem, I will take my humble pie. Its not going to though Smile

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 26 Mar 2013, 9:51 pm

If Rigo gets splattered, we wont rub your face in it, largely because its futile trying to mop up up blood and guts through the tv.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Tue 02 Apr 2013, 11:31 pm

not long left. donaire should get him out around the 9th round. rigo leaves himself open, nonito will nail him at some point.
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 02 Apr 2013, 11:40 pm

Rigo will win in 4.

Mark my words. FOUR ROUNDS. When it happens I'll gloat for a year! Even more unbearable than before. OK

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:06 am

I think this will be closer than people think. Rigo won't be easy to hit although his lack of pro fights goes against him as the fight goes on.

Not expecting an early KO.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:07 am

donaire in 4

put your money down and thank me later

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:32 am

I actually dreamed that Rigondeaux won a very tight and hotly-disputed split decision in this fight the other week. Getting it out there now in case the Cuban wins in that manner so that I can convince everyone that I'm an oracle!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:44 pm

Either or, someone is getting knocked out i think!

I really do have a feeling that Rigo will stop him late on and will make it very easy in doing so.

I am thinking of Mayweather vs Hatton type fight.

Rigo counter punching and outboxing the power puncher on his way to a late stoppage.

Saying that, if Rigo is slack and gets caught early (with his suspect chin) then its lights out.

I think Donaire may go for broke in the early rounds but will get caught hard.

Rigo to win this guys as stated before hand.

On another note, what channel is this on in the UK if any?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Wed 03 Apr 2013, 1:20 pm

boxnation so ive heard...
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:20 pm

sweet_pea wrote:boxnation so ive heard...

Where did you hear that? I will be over the moon if it is!

On a side note I have had some visions of Donaire getting caught with that straight left and going down, rather worrying =/

Although its probably because I was watching highlights of Rigo landing the straight left.

That youtube video I posted a while back pretty much sums up what is GOING to happen though Smile

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:52 pm

All these dreams about rigo... And I thought that was just mackem's fantasy

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:58 pm

maybe not. i figured it would be due to donaires previous fights being screened on boxnation. cant find it in their schedule
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 03 Apr 2013, 6:11 pm

Christ I read some rubbish on here but even contemplating comparing Donaire to Hatton is insulting to the little man, he might knock guys out but he's anything but a puncher. In fact it was through counter punching that he knocked both Montiel and Darchinyan out. Don't where some people get these ludicrous opinions from.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3