The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rangers fans banned for 1 away game

+2
MR. scotland27
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
6 posters

Go down

Rangers fans banned for 1 away game Empty Rangers fans banned for 1 away game

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 28 Apr 2011, 7:49 pm

Uefa today banned Rangers for 1 away game and 1 game suspended in case of further misdemeanors. Hardly seems a suitable punishment for fans incapable of behaving when they leave the country.
In 2006 it was Villareal smashed buses and sectarian singing.
In 2007 it was Osasuna and fighting with spanish and sectarian singing.
In 2008 it was Manchester for the UEFA cup final and their was rioting away from the stadium and sectarian singing.
!n 2011 their was sectarian singing at both PSV and Sporting Lisbon.

When will Rangers be properly punished their fans are incapable of good behaviour and some say it's the minority but it didn't look like the minority in Manchester and the songs never sounded like it was the minority singing them. How about shutting Ibrox and fining them the money they made from the matches involved.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Rangers fans banned for 1 away game Empty Re: Rangers fans banned for 1 away game

Post by MR. scotland27 Thu 28 Apr 2011, 7:55 pm

I don't think you could ever properly punish Rangers fans because it would probably exacerbate the situation further. I should imagine they would react very angrily because we know the way they behave because they have proved it in the past.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Rangers fans banned for 1 away game Empty Re: Rangers fans banned for 1 away game

Post by Davie Thu 28 Apr 2011, 7:55 pm

Let me guess ... you're a Celtic fan?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Thu 28 Apr 2011, 7:58 pm

There my prefered out of the two, but im not saying they don't also behave badly.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanseadabber Thu 28 Apr 2011, 8:33 pm

Its a masonic conspiracy Doh
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Thu 28 Apr 2011, 8:40 pm

Swanseadabber wrote:Its a masonic conspiracy Doh

🤦
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanseadabber Thu 28 Apr 2011, 8:56 pm

Celtic are never in Europe long enough to let UEFA catch them singing their IRA/Republican repetoire
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Thu 28 Apr 2011, 9:06 pm

You have definitely got a point Swan.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 28 Apr 2011, 9:08 pm

Swanseadabber wrote:Celtic are never in Europe long enough to let UEFA catch them singing their IRA/Republican repetoire

UEFA cup final in 2003 and their was no rioting and Champions League last 16 in 2007 and 2008 and UEFA found no reason to fine or ban our fans from Europe.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanseadabber Thu 28 Apr 2011, 9:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bdAqx5tZLA

Whistle
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Thu 28 Apr 2011, 9:13 pm

I think the key point there is 1962, and with Rangers its a bit more recent. I never said celtic werent badly behaved but this is a bit different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d-XJOH1TU8
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 28 Apr 2011, 9:17 pm

Dabber please don't turn this into my Dad is bigger than you're Dad. 1962 was a long time ago so is a terrible example. This isn't about Celtic it's about Rangers they have been charged. Do you think the punishment fits the offence? If not what would be fitting?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanseadabber Thu 28 Apr 2011, 9:33 pm

PB, UEFA sent an observer to the PSVmatch and his full report never said a word about sectarian chanting, it was some Mickey Mouse organisation who do not disclose who their representative is.
You know as well as I do that both OF teams supporters have their medley of songs which in this day and age are an embarrasment, but I do not think they will ever stop.
For any Celtic fan to say that this is only a Rangers problem is either naive or burying their head in the sand, regarding the ban I think they got off lightly but as I said before until this mob who reported the club become more transparent by declaring their interests then they can only be considered as having it in for Rangers FC.
I was just surprised that there was no carry on on Sunday as the rest of the UK were waiting for the songs from both sides being highlighted on live TV.
As for the punishment, what do you suggest mate?
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Thu 28 Apr 2011, 9:38 pm

Swann we're saying that in the second half of this decade Rangers have had their problems with fans in Europe. Every know's that there are problems with sectarianism of fans of both teams in Scotland, but in Europe recently it seems Rangers fans cannot behave well.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 28 Apr 2011, 10:37 pm

Got off with it, McCoist in his Press Conference today practically conceeded Ibrox would be shut for two games, its a result

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 29 Apr 2011, 10:31 am

Both have their problems but Rangers fans behaviour in Europe over the last 5-6 years has been poor. Celtic haven't had these problems. Celtics problem is mostly at away grounds in domestic games.
UEFA encourage all FAs to punish clubs for racist and violent behaviour on the part of their fans but don't set much of an example when they dish out punishments like this.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Fri 29 Apr 2011, 12:40 pm

Of course there was no trouble in Seville

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 29 Apr 2011, 1:17 pm

User Name wrote:Of course there was no trouble in Seville

I've already said Celtic have a problem but they weren't up in front of UEFA being charged. Was trying to discuss an issue that was in the news.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Fri 29 Apr 2011, 4:32 pm

Show me where i was being a bigot.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Apr 2011, 4:41 pm

Chill guys. No slagging matches and keep the thread on topic please.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 29 Apr 2011, 4:43 pm

If I'm wrong I'm sorry but I can't go this rudey poo anymore it's putting me off watching Scottish football. It's not good for our game.
Read what I said in other posts I said Celtic have a problem but they weren't the ones being investigated. Rangers over the last 6 years have had almost yearly incidents of unsavoury behaviour from their fans.
I was wanting to know if people thought this was a fair punishment.
Just to point out that their is a problem with Rangers SwanseaDabber who has already posted on this topic is thinking of taking his daughter who loves football to Fir Park instead of Ibrox because of the behaviuor of some fans. This is a fellow Rangers fan.
I grew up 2 minutes away from Ibrox so know the problems Rangers have I could hear it from my house.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down