The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CM Punk winds up twitter people with Pope Nazi joke

+11
Hero
Sara
Kid Vicious
nasisillmatic
Mr H
theundisputedY2D2
VDT
Kay Fabe
Dr Gregory House MD
Bull
Fernando
15 posters

Go down

CM Punk winds up twitter people with Pope Nazi joke   Empty CM Punk winds up twitter people with Pope Nazi joke

Post by Fernando Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:40 pm

CM Punk @CMPunk
The pope resigned? I did nazi that coming.” Magic.

“@CblGuyChris: @wwe as along time fan and avid catholic I am offended by @CMPunk calling the head of my church a Nazi.” The unfollow button.

CM Punk tweets to a fan, "Oh urine off. Pope was a nazi."

Now there are fans complaining on WWE's Twitter page regarding CM Punk's tweet. This of course comes at a time when Pope Benedict XVI declares his resignation.

It's nice how Americans gets bitchy and complain over actual facts Laugh

Source: Pretty much every wrestling site

Last edited by Fernando on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

CM Punk winds up twitter people with Pope Nazi joke   Empty Re: CM Punk winds up twitter people with Pope Nazi joke

Post by Bull Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:41 pm

Laugh Punk is a legend

Bull

Back to top Go down

CM Punk winds up twitter people with Pope Nazi joke   Empty Re: CM Punk winds up twitter people with Pope Nazi joke

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:47 pm

picard picard picard

Punk does not help himself sometimes does he

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:52 am

Born again Christian son of a Gun God almighty himself Shawn Michaels should come out of retirement to take an eye for an eye with this sleezball Punk and Crucify him in the middle of the ring at WrestleMania!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 12 Feb 2013, 3:45 am

Punk dissing catholosism, do you think McIntyre's been teaching him about football?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Tue 12 Feb 2013, 6:33 am

Read worse and funnier things about the Pope on Twitter yesterday
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 9:27 am

Kay Fabe wrote:Born again Christian son of a Gun God almighty himself Shawn Michaels should come out of retirement to take an eye for an eye with this sleezball Punk and Crucify him in the middle of the ring at WrestleMania!

Shawn should put his squint eye on the line against Punk's squint top rope elbow drop.

The stakes have never been higher!

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 12 Feb 2013, 9:48 am

Punk comes across quite arrogantly on Twitter. He doesn’t conduct himself well on there. I don’t think he’s ever been one to toe the company line but he’ll never be the top guy in the company or main event a Wrestlemania if he keeps making outspoken, controversial comments in the public eye. He’ll end up taking the same road as Randy Orton whereby the WWE can’t trust him enough to make him the focal point of the company. If the Taker match at Mania falls through don’t be surprised to see Punk in a midcard low profile match and if that happens I’m afraid he only has himself to blame.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:01 am

He's using twitter to draw heat, nothing wrong with that.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:06 am

Mr H wrote:Punk comes across quite arrogantly on Twitter. He doesn’t conduct himself well on there. I don’t think he’s ever been one to toe the company line but he’ll never be the top guy in the company or main event a Wrestlemania if he keeps making outspoken, controversial comments in the public eye. He’ll end up taking the same road as Randy Orton whereby the WWE can’t trust him enough to make him the focal point of the company. If the Taker match at Mania falls through don’t be surprised to see Punk in a midcard low profile match and if that happens I’m afraid he only has himself to blame.

No he is drawing heat thats what a heel does.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:09 am

That's not the most sensible tweet. OK, it's clearly a joke and some people are just too sensitive for their own good, but at the same time he IS in the public eye and should maybe filter those thoughts a little.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:10 am

TheBrahmaBull wrote:
Mr H wrote:Punk comes across quite arrogantly on Twitter. He doesn’t conduct himself well on there. I don’t think he’s ever been one to toe the company line but he’ll never be the top guy in the company or main event a Wrestlemania if he keeps making outspoken, controversial comments in the public eye. He’ll end up taking the same road as Randy Orton whereby the WWE can’t trust him enough to make him the focal point of the company. If the Taker match at Mania falls through don’t be surprised to see Punk in a midcard low profile match and if that happens I’m afraid he only has himself to blame.

No he is drawing heat thats what a heel does.

Drawing heat by going down the religious path has been so good for WWE in the past.
cough Muhammed Hassan cough cough

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:11 am

i dont know who Muhammed Hassan is.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:15 am

are you being pedantic over a typo?

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:16 am

He's doing his job. His twitter name is CM Punk not Phil Brooks.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:24 am

Kid Vicious wrote:are you being pedantic over a typo?

no lol i actually dont know who he is Laugh

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:34 am

Punk goes out of character ALOT on twitter. He is Phil Brooks alot of the time. He sent controversial 'heel like' tweets when he was a face back in 2011. What you see is what you get with Punk on twitter, heel or face.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:35 am

nasisillmatic wrote:He's doing his job. His twitter name is CM Punk not Phil Brooks.

Like how Chris Jericho tweets about Fozzy to all of his WWE fans you mean?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:45 am

CM Punk and Jericho are different though. Some wrestlers use twitter in character, some don't. CM Punk is using it to draw heat and get people talking, and it's working.

I'd rather have this than Randy Orton admitting he wants to turn heel to fans.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:56 am

nasisillmatic wrote:CM Punk is using it to draw heat and get people talking.

I don't think he's that smart. He's no Joey Barton, but this to me is him making a topical joke which without thinking too deep about it. As has been said, there are nastier jokes out there.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:15 am

nasisillmatic wrote:CM Punk and Jericho are different though. Some wrestlers use twitter in character, some don't. CM Punk is using it to draw heat and get people talking, and it's working.

You're not getting what i'm saying though. Punk does that even when he's playing the face role. When he was a babyface last year he told a fan on Twitter to kill himself. Is that something a babyface John Cena would do on Twitter? Punk acts the same all the time on Twitter whether he's heel or face. He doesnt do it to garner heat.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:32 am

Mr H wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:CM Punk and Jericho are different though. Some wrestlers use twitter in character, some don't. CM Punk is using it to draw heat and get people talking, and it's working.

You're not getting what i'm saying though. Punk does that even when he's playing the face role. When he was a babyface last year he told a fan on Twitter to kill himself. Is that something a babyface John Cena would do on Twitter? Punk acts the same all the time on Twitter whether he's heel or face. He doesnt do it to garner heat.

But CM Punk and John Cena work differently. If Punk gets abuse on twitter he will give it back whether heel or face because he can get away with it. His character is more complex than just babyface. Cena will rise above it because he has to. I'm sure there is a lot of things Cena would like to say to fans but can't.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:37 am

nasisillmatic wrote:
Mr H wrote:

But CM Punk and John Cena work differently. If Punk gets abuse on twitter he will give it back whether heel or face because he can get away with it. His character is more complex than just babyface. Cena will rise above it because he has to. I'm sure there is a lot of things Cena would like to say to fans but can't.

Whilst this is a great point, no babyface (whatever his character) should tell someone to kill themselves. If I were a betting man, I'd bet Phil Brooks didn't think "time to generate some heat" when he took to Twitter yesterday. He told a harmless joke that wasn't taken as so harmless.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:42 am

Kid Vicious wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:
Mr H wrote:

Whilst this is a great point, no babyface (whatever his character) should tell someone to kill themselves. If I were a betting man, I'd bet Phil Brooks didn't think "time to generate some heat" when he took to Twitter yesterday. He told a harmless joke that wasn't taken as so harmless.

Yes I agree with the regards to the "go kill yourself" tweet, that was just plain stupid and not thought out. I still think his tweet yesterday he was trolling, knowing it would garner heat. We will just have to agree to disagree.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:53 am

He also used the term 'p*ss off' yesterday. That isn't trolling, being a heel or trying to get heat. That isn't CM Punk talking, that's Phil Brook's talking.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Tue 12 Feb 2013, 12:09 pm

Brilliant, I love Punk Smile

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 12 Feb 2013, 12:10 pm

Even if it's generating heat, it's poorly thought out cheap heat that reflects badly on a company that over the years has had a poor public image.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Tue 12 Feb 2013, 12:16 pm

I think its just Punk being himself, nothing more than that.....as usual people are getting completely carried away

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:47 pm

It's just Punk being Punk, or more accurately Phil Brooks being Phil Brooks.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:56 pm

Who cares?

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:58 pm

#HEEL wrote:Who cares?

a) The Catholics
b) Kurt Angle
c) The Pope
d) The Nazis
e) The IWC

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:38 pm

He was a Nazi tbf.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:53 pm

Whether we care or not, for a guy whos trying to establish himself as a top guy for a multi-national corperation, dissing one of the worlds major religious leaders by bringing up his links to a facist genocidal regime probably isn't wise.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Tue 12 Feb 2013, 3:42 pm

Everyone has brought that up at some point, it was a running joke when he became Pope.......plus I don't think anyone really does care about him saying it. I am Catholic, I found it funny.

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:56 pm

Any Nazis on here to get their take on it?

Where's the old BBC 606 mods when you need them?

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:58 pm

I've been called one since setting up this place and I went to Dachau last week so I feel I'm best placed to put forward their view.

I'm appalled, I want no part of that hokem religion.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:59 pm

Alright thanks OK

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 12 Feb 2013, 5:25 pm

He was the same on Twitter when he was a face so you cant really call it "Being in character/Gaining heat" Im pretty sure he was a face when he told someone to kill themselves.

I dont care either way tbh, but the Pope wasnt ACTUALLY a Nazi. He was conscripted into it and deserted to join the church.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 14 Feb 2013, 9:45 am

Are you sure he is not just starting to drop hints at the monumental match he is having at Wrestlemania? People say he needs a marquee match. If he isnt in the WWE title match, and any other wrestler besides The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar and Triple H is beneath him, then its obvious:

CM Punk v Pope Benedict at Wrestlemania 29. Its a once in a lifetime, never before never again match that will solidify Punk as one of the greatest wrestlers in WWE history. I just hope Benedict is smart enough to put Punk over. The WWE wont gain any long term benfits for an 80 somehting retired pope to go over the companys top heel. Even if it will increase the buyrate and get the Catholic following into WWE, Punk just has to go over. Probably not a clean win as that would just bury Benedict, but Punk needs to win...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu 14 Feb 2013, 11:20 am

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Are you sure he is not just starting to drop hints at the monumental match he is having at Wrestlemania? People say he needs a marquee match. If he isnt in the WWE title match, and any other wrestler besides The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar and Triple H is beneath him, then its obvious:

CM Punk v Pope Benedict at Wrestlemania 29. Its a once in a lifetime, never before never again match that will solidify Punk as one of the greatest wrestlers in WWE history. I just hope Benedict is smart enough to put Punk over. The WWE wont gain any long term benfits for an 80 somehting retired pope to go over the companys top heel. Even if it will increase the buyrate and get the Catholic following into WWE, Punk just has to go over. Probably not a clean win as that would just bury Benedict, but Punk needs to win...

I think you've cracked it. Lets hope Vince doesn't find out we know and derail the plans.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 11:21 am

Hero wrote:
#HEEL wrote:Who cares?

a) The Catholics
b) Kurt Angle
c) The Pope
d) The Nazis
e) The IWC

What the guy out of TNA?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 14 Feb 2013, 11:23 am

Yeah him and CM Punk do actually have legit heat!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 11:23 am

Im not sure if you are kidding now or not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Thu 14 Feb 2013, 11:34 am

AntLord wrote:Im not sure if you are kidding now or not!

Punk and Elijah Burke? Yup, according to the dirtsheets (and Punk) they didn't get on too well.
Punk and Joseph Ratzinger? No.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 14 Feb 2013, 11:38 am

To think you can make a joke about the pope being a nazi but you can't about Kobe bryant's bedroom antics Erm

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:38 pm

nasisillmatic wrote:
Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Are you sure he is not just starting to drop hints at the monumental match he is having at Wrestlemania? People say he needs a marquee match. If he isnt in the WWE title match, and any other wrestler besides The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar and Triple H is beneath him, then its obvious:

I think you've cracked it. Lets hope Vince doesn't find out we know and derail the plans.

He can always start Benedict on the old "I work for a higher power" promos. Everyone would presume he was talking about God, but in a huge swerve and plot twist he could actually be working for Vince McMahon!!!

Either that or he did it for The Rock. Either way suits me...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:45 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:

He can always start Benedict on the old "I work for a higher power" promos. Everyone would presume he was talking about God, but in a huge swerve and plot twist he could actually be working for Vince McMahon!!!

Either that or he did it for The Rock. Either way suits me...

As long as Punk is in a big match at WM is all that really matters anyway.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:53 pm

Fernando wrote:To think you can make a joke about the pope being a nazi but you can't about Kobe bryant's bedroom antics Erm

Bedroom antics?! Presumably you'd also describe Jimmy Savile's crimes as inter-generational hijinks?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Thu 14 Feb 2013, 1:01 pm

Jimmy Savile is misunderstood.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down