The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stiverne v Arreola

5 posters

Go down

Stiverne v Arreola  Empty Stiverne v Arreola

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:44 pm

This is going to be a slug fest. Stiverne can really bang, but has fought at a lowish level up until now. Arreola is always good value, but has he got it left in the tank? I see a KO either way. Stiverne at 5/1 is tasty, and that is just for the win!

Thoughts?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Stiverne v Arreola  Empty Re: Stiverne v Arreola

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:48 pm

I see this as an easy night's work for Arreola. Stiverne has not been in with anyone of any quality other than a 512 year old Ray Austin, and he struggled a bit with him. He's also been KO'd by Demetrice King whose name strikes fear into everyone who's heard of him. Or not.

Arreola KO within the first 3 rounds provided he hasn't been training at the Odlanier Solis Pie Shop.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:49 pm

Think i will have a bit of that at 5-1 mate, cheers for the tip.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:59 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:I see this as an easy night's work for Arreola. Stiverne has not been in with anyone of any quality other than a 512 year old Ray Austin, and he struggled a bit with him. He's also been KO'd by Demetrice King whose name strikes fear into everyone who's heard of him. Or not.

Arreola KO within the first 3 rounds provided he hasn't been training at the Odlanier Solis Pie Shop.

Thing is, Ray Austin is a slicker fighter than Arreola. Arreola would KO Austin, don't get me wrong, but he poses more stylistic problems to a fighter like Stiverne than Arreola. I think you are underrating Stiverne's chances. Arreola was almost KO'd in his last fight by Molina. Anything could happen here.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu 14 Feb 2013, 1:10 pm

I think this is Arreola's all the way. He's actually a really decent boxer imo (well relative to the current hw crop). Decent punch variety, reasonably fast hands (especially for a fat guy), and tough. Defensively he's not great - tends to wing punches and square up when going on one of his onslaughts. I think he has far too much firepower for Stiverne though.

But, as Mr Bounce says, the wildcard with him is always 'has he trained properly or has he been eating burritos for the past few months?'.

As I said on another thread, if Arreola wins he's no.1 contender for Vitali's WBC belt. Maybe he'll get a shot at an older Vitali this time, but I doubt big bro will be too bothered with that rematch. By the time we get to that stage (maybe late this year) I can see Vitali taking a swan song fight and Arreola challenging for the WBC belt. If that's the case, the winner of Fury vs Cunningham is the obvious candidate. It would be a 2nd rate HW contest in terms of skill, but it would also be exciting to see a HW title bout where the result was up for grabs - plus both are pretty mouthy and the US/UK thing would hype the fight well. Just some thoughts......

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 2:05 pm

Chris "Nips" better pray Vitali is retired because if VK shows any signs of returning to the ring I can't see Arrelo wanting another 12 round beating. He got in shape for a fight a while back and then piled the weight back on again for his next contest...he's like boxing's Oprah Winfrey ("What will he look like this week?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu 14 Feb 2013, 4:39 pm

Yup, it seems ridiculous that he's a professional athlete in the upper echelons of his sport, but he evidently doesn't train or eat properly. There's more chat about his weight than his fights.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 14 Feb 2013, 5:56 pm

im backing stirevne for this one, his power is something else, and arreola is there to be hit, im glad b ware got his shot, he is the live wire in the division for me.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down