The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stiverne-Arreola; How Do You See This Going?

+3
Boxtthis
azania
Mr Bounce
7 posters

Go down

Stiverne-Arreola; How Do You See This Going? Empty Stiverne-Arreola; How Do You See This Going?

Post by Mr Bounce Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:49 pm

This has almost gone under the radar with all the recent Tyson Fury shouting and hype. It's a WBC 1 v 2 I believe; perhaps this hasn't been given the build up it deserves.

We all know what Arreola can do: eat, plod, punch, win unless it's against someone who can overpower him (Vitali) or out fox him (Adamek). Will he do anything different? Unlikely.

Stiverne is more of an unknown quantity. He punches very hard allegedly, and Arreola is known to be fairly easy to hit. His opponents have not been top quality though, so I guess the jury's out on him.

My thoughts? Siverne will surprise and KO the Burrito Boy. And he's gonna do it early. It's about time someone actually lived up to some hype!! boxing

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Stiverne-Arreola; How Do You See This Going? Empty Re: Stiverne-Arreola; How Do You See This Going?

Post by azania Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:57 pm

This fight has the hallmarks of being a snooze fest with lots of leaning and grappling. Areola to win via UD.

azania

Back to top Go down

Stiverne-Arreola; How Do You See This Going? Empty Re: Stiverne-Arreola; How Do You See This Going?

Post by Boxtthis Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:14 pm

azania wrote:This fight has the hallmarks of being a snooze fest with lots of leaning and grappling. Areola to win via UD.

I thought just the opposite. Both are big punchers. Arreola always goes for it early. I think an early KO after an early rounds slugging match in which both men take big shots.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:17 pm

I predicted Areola via late ko because I reckon both will be wary of each other's power. Areola is more experienced and can pace himself to go the distance or LKO. I reckon because of the power both have they will be too scared to commit. Too much to lose.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:09 pm

I just don't think its in Arreola's mindset to pace himself. He's a big puncher who goes for it. The only time I've saw him getting dragged out over the later rounds was 1. when Adamek used his speed to keep out of his range all night, 2. when Vitali dominated him. Stiverne is neither as mobile as adamek or as good as Vitali. You might be right about the pressure of whats at stake, but I really expect a bit of a slugfest.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:53 pm

great fight, and i bet its a belter- i think pulev/fury winner will face the winner of this as there both down as final eliminators, because the WBC don't like to tie themselfs down.

arrerola boxing his way to a comfortable decision and bware lands a huge KO punch. not seen a big hitter like stiverne for a while, but he is a bit immobile. both guys can take a shot so think he might be a late KO for bware.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Arreloa should be a cruiserweight

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:49 pm

great fight, and im glad bware has developed into more than just a power puncher.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by DynamiteChris Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Nearly did KO him early didn't he!

Never heard of Stiverne but looks fairly decent, took a fair few good shots too & didn't look too fazed.

Wants to fight Vitali!

DynamiteChris

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:00 pm

i only saw his fights with mansel and austin, but he showed his power in both fights, but none of the skill he showed last night. his also has a great chin so could be a big player in the HW division, maybe even topple vitali if he gets the shot at him.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:34 pm

Too far Eddy, too far haha.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:12 am

if chisora can make a fight of it i wouldn't be suprised is bware could do even better, vitali isn't the fighter he once was.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:14 am

Yeah, fair enough I suppose, can't see him winning mind.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down