The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHEN Wales are crowned 2013 6 Nations Champions

+33
Pal Joey
nganboy
Casartelli
fa0019
Luckless Pedestrian
AlastairW
rainbow-warrior
glamorganalun
gowershowerpower
Taffineastbourne
TJ1
Jimpy
Norfolklass
damngoodOvalball
tomhughesnice
majesticimperialman
maestegmafia
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Biltong
nobbled
Poorfour
Breadvan
Scrumpy
Morgannwg
lostinwales
Duty281
100%beefy
ScarletSpiderman
geoff998rugby
kiakahaaotearoa
Barney McGrew did it
Cyril
sirBiggles
37 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WHEN Wales are crowned 2013 6 Nations Champions Empty WHEN Wales are crowned 2013 6 Nations Champions

Post by sirBiggles Fri 15 Feb 2013, 1:52 pm

...and YES I did say WHEN (not IF), how many of you will start accepting that the current Welsh team are on the "top" table of World Rugby instead of the sniping, churlish unfounded comments we usually get attacking Welsh rugby.

We all know the comments I refer to (and on whole the posters), who constantly say that the 3 Grand Slams where undervalued.

Will we get those who put England on a higher plane than Wales due to a World Cup, ten years ago, realise that the World Cup has as much bearing on the current side, as the 70's Welsh success has on today Welsh players.

Can we at least accept, that the 2013 6 Nations is an open and close competition, so much so, that whoever lifts that trophy on the final day, the team earned it in a very tight competition (of course it will be Wales...).

I just wonder how many of you can stomach a strong Welsh side, or do you hate it, as it highlights your own weaknesses....

----------------------
And rather than pick up on my "WHEN Wales ... " win. Lets try and stay away from the mud throwing, calling me arrogant, deluded, drunk, looking thourgh red specs, etc... I'm being no more than anyone else on this board, and bigging up my team, in the same way others have/do.

So before I get called, an arrogant, ignorant, deluded school kid, who knows nothing about rugby. You will see, on other threads, I have put my predictions based on so called wisdom, experience and knowledge.... This is my turn, at bigging up the Welsh team and shouting how good they are. I do this from the heart and a proud and devoted Welshman who wants and prays for a Welsh win everytime.... No different to the rest of you... Thanks...

Last edited by sirBiggles on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 9:52 am; edited 2 times in total

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

WHEN Wales are crowned 2013 6 Nations Champions Empty Re: WHEN Wales are crowned 2013 6 Nations Champions

Post by Cyril Fri 15 Feb 2013, 1:54 pm

Blimey. Thanks for sharing Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

WHEN Wales are crowned 2013 6 Nations Champions Empty Re: WHEN Wales are crowned 2013 6 Nations Champions

Post by nobbled Fri 15 Feb 2013, 1:57 pm

Most of the English fans - I believe - like a strong Welsh side.
The England V Wales thread went very quiet during your recent 8 game losing streak.
There's no fun in taking the pi$$ out of a team that is frankly awful. However a team that might just beat yours then it's open season!
See how many more posts there have been since Wales finally won a game! (Against a pitiful French side admittedly, but they were at home so well done.)
I hope Wales can kick on now. Confidence back - heads up, and then we can stuff you at the MS! Fantastic!

Last edited by nobbled on Fri 15 Feb 2013, 1:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Fri 15 Feb 2013, 1:58 pm

Arrogant - no.

Maybe a little over-tired?
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:04 pm

I think this post would be more fitting when and not if Wales are crowned 6N champions. Otherwise your post comes across as a foam-mouthed rant based on conjecture and pure speculation.

World rugby needs more than just a few teams able to compete at the top. If Ireland, Wales, Scotland, England, France or Italy are 6N champs and are able to sustain that level of performance against all teams, then that can only be a good thing for rugby.

Well done on beating France in Paris and breaking the run of defeats. That's good news for Wales and good for rugby in that if a team doesn't perform as they should, they should get beaten.

Try to see it from the perspective of people outside Wales and how your post comes across. Small man's syndrome comes to mind when reading this I'm afraid.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:11 pm

oh dear... baby's got out of the pram.Rolling Eyes

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:16 pm

Very Happy

You may all have guessed... I dont like the "weeks off" in the 6 Nations...

I really hope France can beat Ireland and England and Wales beat Italy and Scotland to set up a finale where the winner takes the title not having the anit-climax, where the winner of the game can't win the title. In the past we see a very defensive game that way, when one team plays defensive from the off, protecting the points difference instead of going out to win the match.

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:20 pm

Biggles - ain't the final match France V Scotland?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:21 pm

oh dear...where is my birth certificate?!

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:22 pm

100%beefy wrote:oh dear...where is my birth certificate?!
Don't you mean Food Standards Certificate?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:26 pm

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:
100%beefy wrote:oh dear...where is my birth certificate?!
Don't you mean Food Standards Certificate?

clap Yahoo

that too, I was a Welsh pony but am going to market myself as English lamb to the slaughter drumroll

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:26 pm

sirBiggles wrote:...how many of you will start accepting that the current Welsh team are on the "top" table of World Rugby [/color]

How on earth can I accept that? Didn't you watch how ridiculously poor Wales have been in this Six Nations so far? Not to mention last summer and autumn. Laugh

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:27 pm

Duty281 wrote:
sirBiggles wrote:...how many of you will start accepting that the current Welsh team are on the "top" table of World Rugby [/color]

How on earth can I accept that? Didn't you watch how ridiculously poor Wales have been in this Six Nations so far? Not to mention last summer and autumn. Laugh

Biggles, I LOVE your enthusiasm but perhaps it needs to be tempered by just a smidgin of reality

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:50 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:..... Small man's syndrome comes to mind when reading this I'm afraid.

Thats not unheard of in that part of the world

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 15 Feb 2013, 3:10 pm

We're actually one of the fattest nations on earth. We're not small at all. kiss

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 15 Feb 2013, 3:14 pm

France will beat England. Scotland will beat Ireland. Wales will finish off with three victories = Wales title win.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 15 Feb 2013, 3:20 pm

Have you forgotten Italy in Rome?

I wouldn't write them off just yet as they are more than capable of beating anyone in Rome with the exception of NZ and SA, we were very lucky last year to escape with a win.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 15 Feb 2013, 3:24 pm

I haven't forgotten Italy in Rome. Nor have I forgotten Scotland in Edinburgh and England in Cardiff.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Fri 15 Feb 2013, 3:25 pm

Morgannwg wrote:France will beat England. Scotland will beat Ireland. Wales will finish off with three victories = Wales title win.

Without a GS it would be devalued.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 15 Feb 2013, 3:26 pm

Barney, just don't go buying a t-shirt. Let us Welsh concentrate on the rugby.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 15 Feb 2013, 3:44 pm

I thought you had to be quite switched on to be a pilot?
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri 15 Feb 2013, 3:45 pm

The Wales Scotland game will tell us a lot more. Wales couldn't break through the French line, and I wonder if they can get through Scotland's.
H'Penny Hogg will be a good match up - in fact there are a few good battles to watch.
I think Scotland might just edge it, a little less fragile mentally and better organised, while Wales may have some better individuals they aren't firing as a team just now.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Fri 15 Feb 2013, 3:51 pm

is it at Murrayfield? If so yes tight but if not, we will win, the red wave has already started to build and it is almost as if winning the last 3 will be as good as a slam after the year we have had....you know it means everything, didn't see players crying after the slam last year...nice to see PASSION back!

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:09 pm

100%beefy wrote:is it at Murrayfield? If so yes tight but if not, we will win, the red wave has already started to build and it is almost as if winning the last 3 will be as good as a slam after the year we have had....you know it means everything, didn't see players crying after the slam last year...nice to see PASSION back!

More a ripple than a wave right now, I'd say. I watched the France-Wales game and I saw two teams playing badly for 79 minutes combined with two players finding a minute of inspiration. Maybe that will be enough to kick-start Wales into winning ways, but I think it's unlikely if the players underestimate the opposition as much as you have.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:12 pm

Breadvan wrote:I thought you had to be quite switched on to be a pilot?

My flying days are now behind me (pity... I miss them now I'm not flying...)... Sad

...but on a positive note, it does mean I can be as irational and p!ssed as other Welsh fans... guinness OK Very Happy

Last edited by sirBiggles on Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:14 pm

[quote="Poorfour"]
100%beefy wrote:is it at Murrayfield? If so yes tight but if not, we will win, the red wave has already started to build and it is almost as if winning the last 3 will be as good as a slam after the year we have had....you know it means everything, didn't see players crying after the slam last year...nice to see PASSION back!

It's at Murrayfield. I guess a lot will depend on the Italy game too. I think Wales will be able to take them even in Italy. They're all tough games - hope England don't get complacent in their next two or they'll be in for a rude awakening.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:20 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Biggles - ain't the final match France V Scotland?

Depends on your view .... Technnically, yes it is the FINAL game, but the finale will be the championship decider between, what will then be, the only 2 sides left with ONLY 1 loss.

Of course there is only one other possible outcome, which I must admit I hadn't considered, but is a strong possiblilty. That is France beat England and Ireland and Italy also beat England. That way the Grand Finale will be the week earlier, when Wales play Scotland in Murrayfield, as by then France, Ireland and England would have all lost 2 games. Which would mean as long as Wales dont slip up against Scotland, they would go into the final game ALREADY HAVE WON the title. Because, lets face it, England arent going to win in Cardiff. Their only chance is if they have points difference on their side, and that wont matter when they are already down the table through games lost.

So yep... Either way you look at it... is is WHEN Wales win the title... guinness Yahoo

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:21 pm

Poorfour wrote:

More a ripple than a wave right now, I'd say. I watched the France-Wales game and I saw two teams playing badly for 79 minutes combined with two players finding a minute of inspiration. Maybe that will be enough to kick-start Wales into winning ways, but I think it's unlikely if the players underestimate the opposition as much as you have.

Ridiculous...Wales just went to Paris and beat them in their own house, defended like champions and created a superb winning try, they then not only defended their lead but did not make the usual last minute decision to hand victory to the opposition. This on the back of 8 or 9 losses and meltdown, with a 3rd string lock and a newbie at 10. That is not 'playing badly' and to suggest it is frankly mentalist.

It is not an 'underestimation' to suggest Wales will take Scotland in Edinburgh, it's an opinion based on the stats; if you want to see the stats go look on rugbydata. I can think of one recent game which to be honest is the biggest humiliation of a rugby team I ever saw. Scotland, while improving fast and with some superb new talent, are still a very unfinished article who usually have 1 big game and compete for the spoon.

Last edited by 100%beefy on Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : relocation of fixture)

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:24 pm

[quote="nobbled"]
Poorfour wrote:

It's at Murrayfield. I guess a lot will depend on the Italy game too. I think Wales will be able to take them even in Italy. They're all tough games - hope England don't get complacent in their next two or they'll be in for a rude awakening.

I hope Italy don't become the new France...they have crushed Wales in Rome before and if Parisse plays well and Orquera plays as he did against France and not as he did against Scotland, they could do it.

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:26 pm

[/quote]
It is not an 'underestimation' to suggest Wales will take Scotland in Cardiiff, it's an opinion based on the stats; if you want to see the stats go look, I can think of one recent game which to be honest is the biggest humiliation of a rugby team I ever saw. Scotland, while improving fast and with some superb new talent, are still a very unfinished article who usually have 1 big game and compete for the spoon. [/quote]

Not an underestimation, but a an impossibility as the game is on at Murrayfield...
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:28 pm

nobbled wrote:
It is not an 'underestimation' to suggest Wales will take Scotland in Cardiiff, it's an opinion based on the stats; if you want to see the stats go look, I can think of one recent game which to be honest is the biggest humiliation of a rugby team I ever saw. Scotland, while improving fast and with some superb new talent, are still a very unfinished article who usually have 1 big game and compete for the spoon. [/quote]

Not an underestimation, but a an impossibility as the game is on at Murrayfield...[/quote]

oops thumbsup

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:31 pm

On form England looks to have more ideas in attack and their defence is solid. Their forwards are playing as a collective and they seem to play smarter rugby than 12 months ago.

But when Wales wins the 2013 trophy I will congratulate them and realise I don't understand rugby at all. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:37 pm

If they can achieve that after the year they have had.....awesome, but we will still be at square one, we have done the 6 Nations to bits in the last 8 years....the challenge is consistent performances in that competition to stay in the top 3 and kicking on to beat at least 1 SH team! That was what was supposed to be achieved this past year with the Aus tour but Gatland's jolly might be one of the reasons that never transpired.

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:53 pm

Great isnt it... The Welsh win in France is being criticised for no spark, no breaks, etc... However, if that was England playing, it would be a dogged performacen, winning ugly, forward battle, etc...

Show some continuity in the criticsm please....

Wales had a job to do, a very tough job and recent losses they completed the job. I accept recent performances have been below par, some have been close games, but the last game, they took the bull by the horns, understood the win was needed and although they still made far too many mistakes they battled out to get the win. England would have been congratulated if in the same position.

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:56 pm

Biltong wrote:On form England looks to have more ideas in attack and their defence is solid. Their forwards are playing as a collective and they seem to play smarter rugby than 12 months ago.

But when Wales wins the 2013 trophy I will congratulate them and realise I don't understand rugby at all. Wink

clap Very Happy

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:05 pm

They cant even get a devalued slam this year, suck it up.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:07 pm

What is a 'devalued slam'?

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:14 pm

A devalued slam is a Grand Slam won by Wales. Where as, when the Grand Slam is win by any other country, it was had fought, well deserved and shows the country to be the true flag bearer of NH rugby.

According to many posters on here, all 3 of Wales last Grand Slams where devalued as they had no real opposition as the other countries where rebuilding.

Which is at the crux of my opening "tounge in cheek" post....

Tumbleweed

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:15 pm

Any slam won by Wales post 2003, the rule being that it doesnt count when England arent as good as they were between 2001 and 3. All slams won since then by anyone except england are devalued, as england could only have lost a game if they werent as good as a team that lost some 6 nations games and blew slams.

The logic is quite simple beefy Whistle

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:26 pm

I think it was just a bit of bad luck that the GS of 2005 & 2008 were devalued. Had Wales, for example, won a GS in 2003, that would have been 'valued'. I think we can give Wales the last one tho' as only Ire and Fra were rubbish. Oh yeah and Eng.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 16 Feb 2013, 12:37 pm

This is a tough six nations for all the teams. France may not have won but they have the players an ability to still win the championship. Scotland, Italy, Wales and Ireland won one lost one three to go..

England stretching their necks with an away win under their belt and France at home next week.

France could really make this championship interesting next weekend. Wales and Italy have masses to prove, Scotland want to keep the ball rolling Irelanf need to get back on the horse, they have some big absentees too...!

We could well see Scotland take the top spot after next weekend if France do well.

Too tough to call from here, but glad to hear that the Welsh lads feel like they turned a corner for the better last weekend in Paris.

Here's hopin eh..?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 16 Feb 2013, 12:52 pm

SirBiggles.

So what you are saying? Are you saying that now Wales have won one Game against a miss firing French team, they are 6ns champions by default at least.

England won a game against the WORLD CHAMPIONS NZ last year. But does that make England WORLD CHAMPIONS? NO it does not.

Wether Wales have turned a corner or not in their 1 game win in 9 games.
Remains to be seen.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 1:14 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:SirBiggles.

So what you are saying? Are you saying that now Wales have won one Game against a miss firing French team, they are 6ns champions by default at least.

England won a game against the WORLD CHAMPIONS NZ last year. But does that make England WORLD CHAMPIONS? NO it does not.

Remains to be seen.

Way to totally misinterpret a WUM post Madge. I'd love to live inside your head for the day, to see what goes on in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 16 Feb 2013, 1:16 pm

Risca Rev wrote:

Remains to be seen.

I knew if any one was going to reply to my post it would be you.

Way to totally misinterpret a WUM post Madge. I'd love to live inside your head for the day, to see what goes on in there.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:46 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:

Remains to be seen.

I knew if any one was going to reply to my post it would be you.

And you've put your reply in the wrong place so it makes it looks like Rev is saying it.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:53 pm

Trust you to notice.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:55 pm

Trust you to still be replying.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by tomhughesnice Sat 16 Feb 2013, 8:17 pm

Ha ha, lets calm down a little here. Wales beat a very rattled French side. That match was terrible, and one good play was the difference between the teams.
Plus France have not been themselves this championship so far when you compare them to their Autumn form.

Next match for Wales we will see the measure of the team, If they beat Italy then I think they will have kicked on. But for now the championship still is Englands to lose.

tomhughesnice

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Sat 16 Feb 2013, 11:00 pm

Remains to be seen.

Very Happy

England only won a devalued test against an All Black side that had the trots.... come to think about it the 2003 World Cup was devalued as well.... Whistle

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Sat 16 Feb 2013, 11:04 pm

tomhughesnice wrote:But for now the championship still is Englands to lose.

Priceless...... I rest my case your honour..... Yahoo

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next