The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHEN Wales are crowned 2013 6 Nations Champions

+33
Pal Joey
nganboy
Casartelli
fa0019
Luckless Pedestrian
AlastairW
rainbow-warrior
glamorganalun
gowershowerpower
Taffineastbourne
TJ1
Jimpy
Norfolklass
damngoodOvalball
tomhughesnice
majesticimperialman
maestegmafia
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Biltong
nobbled
Poorfour
Breadvan
Scrumpy
Morgannwg
lostinwales
Duty281
100%beefy
ScarletSpiderman
geoff998rugby
kiakahaaotearoa
Barney McGrew did it
Cyril
sirBiggles
37 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WHEN Wales are crowned 2013 6 Nations Champions - Page 2 Empty WHEN Wales are crowned 2013 6 Nations Champions

Post by sirBiggles Fri 15 Feb 2013, 1:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

...and YES I did say WHEN (not IF), how many of you will start accepting that the current Welsh team are on the "top" table of World Rugby instead of the sniping, churlish unfounded comments we usually get attacking Welsh rugby.

We all know the comments I refer to (and on whole the posters), who constantly say that the 3 Grand Slams where undervalued.

Will we get those who put England on a higher plane than Wales due to a World Cup, ten years ago, realise that the World Cup has as much bearing on the current side, as the 70's Welsh success has on today Welsh players.

Can we at least accept, that the 2013 6 Nations is an open and close competition, so much so, that whoever lifts that trophy on the final day, the team earned it in a very tight competition (of course it will be Wales...).

I just wonder how many of you can stomach a strong Welsh side, or do you hate it, as it highlights your own weaknesses....

----------------------
And rather than pick up on my "WHEN Wales ... " win. Lets try and stay away from the mud throwing, calling me arrogant, deluded, drunk, looking thourgh red specs, etc... I'm being no more than anyone else on this board, and bigging up my team, in the same way others have/do.

So before I get called, an arrogant, ignorant, deluded school kid, who knows nothing about rugby. You will see, on other threads, I have put my predictions based on so called wisdom, experience and knowledge.... This is my turn, at bigging up the Welsh team and shouting how good they are. I do this from the heart and a proud and devoted Welshman who wants and prays for a Welsh win everytime.... No different to the rest of you... Thanks...

Last edited by sirBiggles on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 9:52 am; edited 2 times in total

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

WHEN Wales are crowned 2013 6 Nations Champions - Page 2 Empty Re: WHEN Wales are crowned 2013 6 Nations Champions

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 11:10 pm

Wales beat the World Champions in 2005 and 2007 deos that make them World Champions?

Scotland beat the world champions in 2006 are they the world champions?

Ireland beat the world champions in 2004.2006 and 2007 are they now the world champions?

Back to top Go down

WHEN Wales are crowned 2013 6 Nations Champions - Page 2 Empty Re: WHEN Wales are crowned 2013 6 Nations Champions

Post by tomhughesnice Sun 17 Feb 2013, 9:44 am

sirBiggles wrote:
tomhughesnice wrote:But for now the championship still is Englands to lose.

Priceless...... I rest my case your honour..... Yahoo

It's true, no other team can win the six nations unless England lose a game. Hence the championship is Englands to lose. Simples.

tomhughesnice

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Sun 17 Feb 2013, 1:32 pm

Thanks for underlining my point in double line, heavy duty crayon.

Wales v England, the game is for England to lose. Wales have no say in it....

....as I said .....priceless....

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Sun 17 Feb 2013, 3:41 pm

Sir biggles, the champion of self pity and delusion, 2013.
Take a bow!

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sun 17 Feb 2013, 6:08 pm

sirBiggles wrote:Thanks for underlining my point in double line, heavy duty crayon.

Wales v England, the game is for England to lose. Wales have no say in it....

....as I said .....priceless....

If England play as well as they can do Wales wont have a say in it.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolklass Sun 17 Feb 2013, 8:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

...and YES I did say WHEN (not IF), how many of you will start accepting that the current Welsh team are on the "top" table of World Rugby instead of the sniping, churlish unfounded comments we usually get attacking Welsh rugby.

We all know the comments I refer to (and on whole the posters), who constantly say that the 3 Grand Slams where undervalued.

Will we get those who put England on a higher plane than Wales due to a World Cup, ten years ago, realise that the World Cup has as much bearing on the current side, as the 70's Welsh success has on today Welsh players.

Can we at least accept, that the 2013 6 Nations is an open and close competition, so much so, that whoever lifts that trophy on the final day, the team earned it in a very tight competition (of course it will be Wales...).

I just wonder how many of you can stomach a strong Welsh side, or do you hate it, as it highlights your own weaknesses....

----------------------
And rather than pick up on my "WHEN Wales ... " win. Lets try and stay away from the mud throwing, calling me arrogant, deluded, drunk, looking thourgh red specs, etc... I'm being no more than anyone else on this board, and bigging up my team, in the same way others have/do.

So before I get called, an arrogant, ignorant, deluded school kid, who knows nothing about rugby. You will see, on other threads, I have put my predictions based on so called wisdom, experience and knowledge.... This is my turn, at bigging up the Welsh team and shouting how good they are. I do this from the heart and a proud and devoted Welshman who wants and prays for a Welsh win everytime.... No different to the rest of you... Thanks...

Way to go Biggsy,

I've missed your drivel Hug

MMx

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Mon 18 Feb 2013, 9:14 am

Thanks MM kiss

Not seen you on the boards for ages...

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:04 am

Wales.... what have they got? A badly supported, poorly structured Regional system. No teams remaining in either the Anglo-Welsh (chuckle) or the HEC. An international team that if it fell into a barrell of ti*s would come out sucking its collective thumb. The Welsh international team is a thin veneer covering a very fragile pot. Beating the worst French side to take the field of rugby in 20 years (based on performance) is no measure of improvement. Wales were equally as bad and only won because they were the least worse side for 10 minutes of the game. They do say that empty vessels make the most noise and I can't think of a more perfect example of that at the moment than Wesh rugby..

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:18 am

I havebent bothered to read the whole thread but Wales do not look like potential winners of the 6N. In fact they look like they will be lucky to win another game when you look at the evidence of the seasons games and of the various tables and given the injuries and loss of form of key players and the rubbish coaching and selection

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue 19 Feb 2013, 9:17 pm

Jimpy wrote:Wales.... what have they got? A badly supported, poorly structured Regional system. No teams remaining in either the Anglo-Welsh (chuckle) or the HEC. An international team that if it fell into a barrell of ti*s would come out sucking its collective thumb. The Welsh international team is a thin veneer covering a very fragile pot. Beating the worst French side to take the field of rugby in 20 years (based on performance) is no measure of improvement. Wales were equally as bad and only won because they were the least worse side for 10 minutes of the game. They do say that empty vessels make the most noise and I can't think of a more perfect example of that at the moment than Wesh rugby..

This classic posting may well leave impregnations on your gluteus maximus.Whenyou mention empty vessels I would draw your attention to the column inches given over to the coverage of England over the last 10 years.Now that has been an empty vessel for sure laughing

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Tue 19 Feb 2013, 9:23 pm

TJ wrote:I havebent bothered to read the whole thread but Wales do not look like potential winners of the 6N. In fact they look like they will be lucky to win another game when you look at the evidence of the seasons games and of the various tables and given the injuries and loss of form of key players and the rubbish coaching and selection

.....and the fact they have just beaten France at home

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 20 Feb 2013, 10:04 am

There are 3 places at the top table in world rugby. You know who they are. Wales are on the 3rd table at the moment. Thats what YOU have to accept sir big. The original post has to go down as one of the most bizarre and childish rants in v2 history... Yikes
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 20 Feb 2013, 10:09 am

100%beefy wrote:
TJ wrote:I havebent bothered to read the whole thread but Wales do not look like potential winners of the 6N. In fact they look like they will be lucky to win another game when you look at the evidence of the seasons games and of the various tables and given the injuries and loss of form of key players and the rubbish coaching and selection

Well, whoopy doo.

Okay it was an achievement to do it, but had Wales really improved? They looked like they'd taken a step back from their second half performance against Ireland.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by gowershowerpower Wed 20 Feb 2013, 10:15 am

'Well, whoopy doo.'

very eloquent jimpy. nice prose.

gowershowerpower

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Wed 20 Feb 2013, 11:10 am

Jimpy wrote:
100%beefy wrote:

Well, whoopy doo.

Okay it was an achievement to do it, but had Wales really improved? They looked like they'd taken a step back from their second half performance against Ireland.

? They had just lost 8 on the bounce and went to Paris and won.....how much more improvement can you ask for?!!

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 20 Feb 2013, 11:14 am

100%beefy wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
100%beefy wrote:

Well, whoopy doo.

? They had just lost 8 on the bounce and went to Paris and won.....how much more improvement can you ask for?!!

I said it was an achievement!

In terms of performance though, it wasn't an improvement - not really. France were simply awful and if you think that it took Wales 70 minutes to exploit that, then are there real grounds for optimism?

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Wed 20 Feb 2013, 11:18 am

Jimpy wrote:
100%beefy wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
100%beefy wrote:

Well, whoopy doo.

In terms of performance though, it wasn't an improvement - not really. France were simply awful and if you think that it took Wales 70 minutes to exploit that, then are there real grounds for optimism?

For me a win is a win - on the back of the losses it makes a massive difference going forward. They are a team who won their last game, not lost their last however many. Wales are very much a "confidence" team.
There is also the question of whether France were woeful because they Wales were strong or just woeful because of - well being French and grumpy...
Probably the truth lies somewhere between the two - as thye say you can only play the team in front of you, and Wales beat them. In France. kudos!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Wed 20 Feb 2013, 11:19 am

Jimpy wrote:
100%beefy wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
100%beefy wrote:

Well, whoopy doo.

Look, this is turning into a battle of wits and you seem, to be honest, unarmed.

Actually you sound like David Coleman....in terms of a performace it wasn't an improvement? Wales won, had just lost 8, were on their last legs in terms of morale expected to go to Paris and make it 9/9....

Er it quite clearly and categorically was an improvement because we BEAT FRANCE AT HOME AFTER LOSING 8 GAMES!

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 20 Feb 2013, 11:26 am

100%beefy wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
100%beefy wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
100%beefy wrote:

Well, whoopy doo.

Look, this is turning into a battle of wits and you seem, to be honest, unarmed.

Actually you sound like David Coleman....in terms of a performace it wasn't an improvement? Wales won, had just lost 8, were on their last legs in terms of morale expected to go to Paris and make it 9/9....

Er it quite clearly and categorically was an improvement because we BEAT FRANCE AT HOME AFTER LOSING 8 GAMES!

Wales improved their recent run of results. Nothing more. Be interesting to see if they really have improved as a team on Saturday won't it?

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Wed 20 Feb 2013, 11:32 am

picard

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 20 Feb 2013, 11:34 am

100%beefy wrote: picard

My thoughts exactly.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Wed 20 Feb 2013, 11:36 am

You love having the last word don't you jumpy laughing

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 20 Feb 2013, 11:38 am

100%beefy wrote:You love having the last word don't you jumpy laughing

Not really, but since you've failed to spot the irony of your last post, I think its only right that we can agree to disagree.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Wed 20 Feb 2013, 11:40 am

Even if Wales win all the three games remaining which is not impossible, I can't see Wales winning by enough points to outscore any other team that only lose one game (partly due to three away games). For Wales to win the championship France and Wales must beat England (not impossible) Scotland to lose to Wales but beat Ireland and Ireland to lose to France.

England are clearly in pole position for the championship even if they don't get the GS .

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Wed 20 Feb 2013, 11:43 am

Does anyone know when Parisse's suspension is clarified? I heard it was today, but not sure. Will make a difference I think.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Wed 20 Feb 2013, 11:56 am

Jimpy wrote:
100%beefy wrote:You love having the last word don't you jumpy laughing

Not really, but since you've failed to spot the irony of your last post, I think its only right that we can agree to disagree.

Yahoo Yahoo

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 20 Feb 2013, 1:36 pm

Nothing on whether Parisse will play or not yet - if he is to be punished, isn't this leaving it a bit late?

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Thu 21 Feb 2013, 10:23 pm

Italy to win by a cricket score just to prove they don't need Parisse!

If Wales lose this game Gatland's going to have to do some explaining if there is much of a Welsh contingent in the Lions.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Fri 22 Feb 2013, 12:42 pm

Breadvan wrote:There are 3 places at the top table in world rugby. You know who they are. Wales are on the 3rd table at the moment. Thats what YOU have to accept sir big. The original post has to go down as one of the most bizarre and childish rants in v2 history... Yikes

Doh

Duty rants about England Grand Slam before the tournament kicks off... That's ok... All I do, is try and "big up" (as the youngsters say) the Welsh team, and I'm childish.... for pity sake, lets have some continuity... Rolling Eyes

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 22 Feb 2013, 1:07 pm

Yes but.....Dutys rants ARE A JOKE! It happens every year. Quoting famous people etc. Hardly something to be taken seriously. Your argument would be valid if Wales hadn't lost all those games, have a hapless coaching team who speak in cliche's and are blatantly not playing well. Eh, maybe it'll all change come tomorrow...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri 22 Feb 2013, 1:48 pm

France are probably getting ready sue Scotland and Wales for stealing their "which team are going to turn up" mantra!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Tue 12 Mar 2013, 2:38 am

So now we are down to the last week and the finale... Are you still so confident that England will take the Slam and Title..

Is it REALLY England's to lose as said.... Or do you think Wales do have a say in it...

Whistle

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Tue 12 Mar 2013, 6:27 am

Jimpy wrote:Wales.... what have they got? A badly supported, poorly structured Regional system. No teams remaining in either the Anglo-Welsh (chuckle) or the HEC. An international team that if it fell into a barrell of ti*s would come out sucking its collective thumb. The Welsh international team is a thin veneer covering a very fragile pot. Beating the worst French side to take the field of rugby in 20 years (based on performance) is no measure of improvement. Wales were equally as bad and only won because they were the least worse side for 10 minutes of the game. They do say that empty vessels make the most noise and I can't think of a more perfect example of that at the moment than Wesh rugby..

Bless his little cotton socks (white and bought at a car boot sale). The pity of it all is that this poor little team of ours are just about to stop sucking their collective thumb and ram it very hard up English a***s. Only one very empty vessel in most threads when he is about.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:36 am

Welsh WUMs are really out in force on this site (again).

It's what took the original 606 down. Hope it doesn't do the same here.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:39 am

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:Welsh WUMs are really out in force on this site (again).

It's a sign that England are doing well.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:41 am

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:Welsh WUMs are really out in force on this site (again).

It can only "take it down" if we pay attention to it. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:41 am

Cyril, you epitomise everything that is wrong with this site and the old 606. And you've been banned in the past for being a WUM.

Why not take your own advice and turn your form around to become a 'nice' poster. On rare occasions you actually seem OK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:43 am

I am a nice poster, Griff Sad

I am sometimes misunderstood.

You're right biltong. However, like Curious George, I can't help having a peek at the more 'controversial' threads. It's against my diplomatic nature, I know.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:45 am

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:I am a nice poster, Griff Sad

I am sometimes misunderstood.

You're right biltong. However, like Curious George, I can't help having a peek at the more 'controversial' threads. It's against my diplomatic nature, I know.
Nothing wrong with peeking mate, it is the responders that fuel the fire.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:04 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:World rugby needs more than just a few teams able to compete at the top. If Ireland, Wales, Scotland, England, France or Italy are 6N champs and are able to sustain that level of performance against all teams, then that can only be a good thing for rugby.

3 cheers for Kiakahaateorrkkaaheeiora!

After last weekend and the distinct lack of discipline/quality shown by both sides, this just isn't a good advert for world rugby at all. Yes, the English/Welsh like a good bicker/bit of banter, as do other rivallries across the hemisphere's when tribal loyalties come into play.

This turgid 'playing not to lose' Rugby that we've seen for the last 3 weeks has been appauling; in compelte contrast to the fantastic opening weekend we saw where all teams were playing to win. Ok, weather conditions haven't helped, and i'm not advocating a SH basket-ball style game (that's been covered on other active threads) but the level we've seen over this championship has been on the decline for a month now. Of course there's more to lose for all teams as they do better, and winning at all cost is a must now (Again, see other active threads).

I should be over the moon, in a state of pure Rugby ecstacy for next weekends game. As i've said before, you couldn't make up the lead up to this game. As it is, after the display we've seen so far i find myself wondering if looking at the grass growing on my lawn will be more entertaining for 80 minutes. I dunno, maybe i just want my cake AND have the cheek to want to eat it as well ...

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:13 am

After losing 8 games and looking at 3 away matches wouldn't you go in and 'Play not to lose?', as it happens Wales have gained in confidence broken a 6 nations away winning record and played themselves into a position to win the 6N. We all know what this Welsh team can do given the opportunities and I feel England will give them the chances to run in a few tries. No matter how dull it may have been I am a happy Welshman, we have not had a try scored against us since the 43rd minute of the Irish game, so no matter how you look at it our defence is solid. I would say it has been our opponents who have slowed the game down. Englands excuse for the Italy game is?????
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:22 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:After losing 8 games and looking at 3 away matches wouldn't you go in and 'Play not to lose?', as it happens Wales have gained in confidence broken a 6 nations away winning record and played themselves into a position to win the 6N. We all know what this Welsh team can do given the opportunities and I feel England will give them the chances to run in a few tries. No matter how dull it may have been I am a happy Welshman, we have not had a try scored against us since the 43rd minute of the Irish game, so no matter how you look at it our defence is solid. I would say it has been our opponents who have slowed the game down. Englands excuse for the Italy game is???

Good reasoning and post up until the last little bite was added. Wink

Certainly there has been poor play, poor decision making and poor execution on the english side. Another thing is the attack from most teams have been rather poor and predictable. Hence defences look strong.

It was like the sharks match vs the Kings in the Super XV this weekend, everyone expected the Sharks to wack the toffee out of them, it never happened, their attacking play was unimaginative, predictable and their execution was poor. they crossed the whiteline 3 times, and were denied three times, two marginal forward passes and one deemed offside at a scrum (which I personally think was the wrong call by the referee)

At the end of the day, to compare one team's performance against lets say France and another team's performance against France is futile, different conditions, different players, one team rocks up one week and not the next, the referees are different and there for the interpretations differ, plus the rythm of one refree is different to another.

As I say, futile.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:33 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:After losing 8 games and looking at 3 away matches wouldn't you go in and 'Play not to lose?', as it happens Wales have gained in confidence broken a 6 nations away winning record and played themselves into a position to win the 6N. We all know what this Welsh team can do given the opportunities and I feel England will give them the chances to run in a few tries. No matter how dull it may have been I am a happy Welshman, we have not had a try scored against us since the 43rd minute of the Irish game, so no matter how you look at it our defence is solid. I would say it has been our opponents who have slowed the game down. Englands excuse for the Italy game is?????

picard

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:37 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:we have not had a try scored against us since the 43rd minute of the Irish game, so no matter how you look at it our defence is solid.

That's not quite true. You could also look at it and say we conceded four tries in 43 minutes.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:38 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:we have not had a try scored against us since the 43rd minute of the Irish game, so no matter how you look at it our defence is solid.

That's not quite true. You could also look at it and say we conceded four tries in 43 minutes.

Go figure.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:51 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:

Go figure.

QUite simple RW our defense has improved (on paper) compared to how paper thin in was in the first 43 mins of the tournament, when it which was the worst defensive performance from anyone all tournament. So to say 'No matter how you look at it our defence is solid' is not true, it was the worst defence in the tournament. Also the teams we have held out defensively have not really cut opposition to shreads (bar Sco V Ita).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:51 am

Wales' last 3 games have been against Scotland, France and Italy. With all respect to Scotland and Italy... they are the 2 weakest teams in the 6N by a long way, with additionally the worst attacking prowess.

France, well I think we are all in agreement that they have for the entire championship tried to continually commit suicide by playing near all their players completely out of position etc.

Not saying that Wales' defence is weak, but I think boasts about strength should be taken with a pinch of salt. Until the end of the ENG game, unproven.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:58 am

fa0019 wrote:Wales' last 3 games have been against Scotland, France and Italy. With all respect to Scotland and Italy... they are the 2 weakest teams in the 6N by a long way, with additionally the worst attacking prowess.

France, well I think we are all in agreement that they have for the entire championship tried to continually commit suicide by playing near all their players completely out of position etc.

Not saying that Wales' defence is weak, but I think boasts about strength should be taken with a pinch of salt. Until the end of the ENG game, unproven.
`

Oh I see, so we beat Engalnd and it proves we have become better!! I tend to disagree, this is a team who has also struggled and played dire rugby and beating them will prove nothing. If Wales are as crap as what the apathetic Welsh here are saying and the nonsensical English rant on, then our sport is totally pathetic seeing we are 5th in the IRB rankings. Like I say, I will stick to my opinion and say you do not go 3.5 games without giving a try away no matter who the opposition. Eng v Italy, one try > Italy.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:18 am

I take it that 'apathetic Welsh' dig was aimed at me. I'm not saying our defence is crap, I'm saying that you can't asess it properly by starting that assessment after the 4 tries we conceded against Ireland. You can bet Shaun Edwards didn't gloss it over like that.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:24 am

Rainbow... well England are a far better team then Italy or Scotland... so yes.

Against Ireland who are a top attacking side they struggled defensively. England are in the same category.

Basing a tier 1 sides attacking or defensive prowess against Scotland and Italy is not the yardstick to adhere to in rugby.... and it hasn't been for 20 years.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next