The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 19th February - TNA breaking kayfabe (Kay Fabe is safe), WWE's Chamber and Road to Wrestlemania, Matches to Show Non-Fans and Stars Who Deserved a Push

+4
VDT
talkingpoint
Hero
Dolphin Ziggler
8 posters

Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 19th February - TNA breaking kayfabe (Kay Fabe is safe), WWE's Chamber and Road to Wrestlemania, Matches to Show Non-Fans and Stars Who Deserved a Push Empty The V2 Wrestling Podcast 19th February - TNA breaking kayfabe (Kay Fabe is safe), WWE's Chamber and Road to Wrestlemania, Matches to Show Non-Fans and Stars Who Deserved a Push

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:19 pm

http://v2journal.com/17/post/2013/02/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-19th-february.html

There are only the standard WWE installments to go, we are weeks away from April and we have Wrestlemania in sight.

TNA is near the end of it's UK tour and about to step out onto the road with Impact Wrestling in America.

And we at the v2journal have a kazoo to excite the audiences worldwide and a Morrissey impersonation. Professionals to the end.

The time for wrestling is now! Everyone is raising their game!

Yes, its the V2 Wrestling Podcast with Gavin "The Brain" Duenas, Richard "Hero" Hudson, "Pretty Boy" Chris Wilkerson and Adam "Insert Nickname Here" Davey.

This week we talk TNA, WWE and then end with our discussion section as ever.

TNA sees us talk more Aces and Eights as we see big things on the horizon, as well as discussing whether some of their "behind the curtains" segments and language fit in the wrestling product of today.

WWE gave us almost too much to talk about. Elimination Chamber is dissected, so much so that the events of Raw are almost forgotten. Thankfully, we did remember, but WWE's decision to tease all the major stories next week gave us some respite.

The main points from the PPV and the show centre on how we are heading directly to Wrestlemania.

We also have a quick look at how we feel WWE should tread carefully with Jack Swagger's politically loaded story.

In our world famous discussion section we go into two different subjects.

Firstly, we offer forward a match or two from days gone by that we would use to advertise wrestling to those who aren't fans.

We then move on to discuss wrestlers that didn't make it to heights anywhere near where they could have. This includes the obscure to the midcard stars who can never get to the top.

What would you like us to discuss in the coming weeks? And can you think of a suitable nickname for Adam Davey?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 19th February - TNA breaking kayfabe (Kay Fabe is safe), WWE's Chamber and Road to Wrestlemania, Matches to Show Non-Fans and Stars Who Deserved a Push Empty Re: The V2 Wrestling Podcast 19th February - TNA breaking kayfabe (Kay Fabe is safe), WWE's Chamber and Road to Wrestlemania, Matches to Show Non-Fans and Stars Who Deserved a Push

Post by Hero Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:54 pm

I just wish to state that when I mention Triple H for the second time it's because my connection went down and I thought that the first time I said it was missed off, I don't have the memory of a goldfish.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 19th February - TNA breaking kayfabe (Kay Fabe is safe), WWE's Chamber and Road to Wrestlemania, Matches to Show Non-Fans and Stars Who Deserved a Push Empty Re: The V2 Wrestling Podcast 19th February - TNA breaking kayfabe (Kay Fabe is safe), WWE's Chamber and Road to Wrestlemania, Matches to Show Non-Fans and Stars Who Deserved a Push

Post by talkingpoint Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:53 pm

Have listened to the TNA section so will comment on WWE later,

I thought Party Marty's bump looked horrible and hope he's okay, I do agree that Jessie or whatever his name is, is too green to be used safely for spots like that.

Regarding the breaking kayfabe with the Joseph Parks segment, I actually thought it was funny and don't see a big deal about it, TNA fans tend to be 'purer' wrestling fans because they've followed TNA from the grassroots level and watch it for the wrestling and not the production value. But in terms of maintaining the image of a genuine sport, I don't think it damages it too much after all Football has been plagued recently by dodgy ownership deals from Asia (there was a panorama documentary or something on it last year). And Man City have had very public bust ups between manager Mancini and Tevez and Mario Barotelli. Then you have the players agents trying to get them the highest price in the transfer windows. There's loads of politics in Football that fans know about. Plus the fact the segment didn't actually explain what politicking was and didn't even imply that it would work every time - it also acknowledges that Hogan is an authority figure in the company as GM. That's his role now as he's not an active wrestler and he naturally would have to deal with managing the roster. I actually think TNA has done alot to reinforce the more sporting element of wrestling with its closer association to Bellator MMA promotion in recent months.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:02 pm

Guy I'd picked is Rob Conway I thought he had a great look for a main event heel, was a good talker and decent in the ring!

Great show
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:45 pm

regarding WWE:

EC was a good PPV, I personally think the EC match itself lost something as there wasn't a title on the line - when a champion has to defend his title in the chamber it adds jeapordy and anticipation that the champion can be eliminated at any time, and conversely makes them look really strong going into Mania should they win. The spots however, were well placed and done very well. All competitors were made to look strong.

I am fearful for another rapid Swagger push as he's only had a few weeks build up before EC. However, I don't think he'll win at Mania. His current heel gimmick I actually think is quite uninspired, the WWE love the play on the xenophobia of the country whenever they have a high profile non-American, especially of latino origin.

The Shield were impressive but I actually thought some of their team work looked scrappy, especially from Rollins. Roman Reigns looks as if he could stand alone already but I don't think they'll be main eventing this year. If you look at the push they gave the original Nexus and Wade Barrett you'd have thought Barrett would have won a world title by now. I don't think it will happen for the Shield, this push has achieved what it set out to do, put them firmly on the WWE map but once they disband as a unit what next?

Ziggler has become yet another victim of MITB, he's not received a push, he's received a briefcase and it's failed to make him relevant. This is why I don't like MITB.

I actually think war games and three degrees of hell matches are some of the best underused gimmick matches and would love to see them brought back for Mania.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Totally agree on wargames, great gimmick. The dangerous alliance one is probably in my ten favourite matches

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:57 pm

The other guys that I forgot to mention as potentials but have never got anywhere were Daniel Puder who was the guy who nearly broke Kurt Angle's arm with a Kimura Lock on Tough Enough, and Teddy Hart who as a wrestler is up there as an amazing natural talent but unfortunately he has built for himself one of the worst reputations in the industry.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:59 pm

Hero wrote:The other guys that I forgot to mention as potentials but have never got anywhere were Daniel Puder who was the guy who nearly broke Kurt Angle's arm with a Kimura Lock on Tough Enough, and Teddy Hart who as a wrestler is up there as an amazing natural talent but unfortunately he has built for himself one of the worst reputations in the industry.

After me of course!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:37 am

Love the little song at the end Ha!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:10 pm

The match i show my non fan mates is the Armageddon Hell in a Cell match from 2000 with Angle, Taker, HHH, Austin, The Rock, and Rikishi!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:18 am

That was another that stood out in my mind, probably because I enjoy the gaudy side of wrestling as much, if not more, than the technical

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:15 am

Ultimate Warrior packages announced for Wrestlecon

Ultimate Warrior Ultimate VIP $350.00

(only 20 will be sold)

First 20 people in line to meet Warrior

1 photo opp with you and warrior

4 Autographed items from warrior (your items)

1 Wrestlemania 6 poster

1 Ultimate Warrior T-shirt

- Video of your meeting experience with Warrior ULTIMATE WARRIOR DINING PACKAGE $500.00 (ONLY 10 will be sold)

Includes:

-Your chance to have dinner with the Ultimate Warrior (About 3:00pm on

Saturday??)*

-1 Ultimate Warrior T-shirt

-1 Wrestlemania 6 poster.(signed by Warrior)

- Photo off with you and Warrior

* Restaurant of our choice within walking distance of Expo center.

*Alcoholic beverages not included
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:20 am

You'd have to take him to a gay bar.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:42 am

Thats so depressing, the whole thing

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:31 am

Just thought of another wrestler who should have made it - Monty Brown.

Huge in TNA and left WWE under a cloud.

The guy had huge potential.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:52 am

I quite liked Monty Brown, alpha male gimmick worked and the pounce was a good finisher for him.

Went to WWE and became Marcus Cor Von or something and left due to family reasons apparently.

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:44 am

Big E Langston reminds me a bit of Monty Brown. They both carry themselves well, and have a bit of charisma (in Monty's case plenty), but these attributes aren't enough to hide away their deficiencies in the ring.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down