The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well that wasn't PG! (RAW Spoilers)

+15
Crimey
ncfc_Tooze
Statto00
Mr Video Man
peppie
theundisputedY2D2
GSC
Mr H
Adam D
crippledtart
gaffer_reborn
Aaronb33
owen10ozzy
Hero
x12x
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Did Brock blade?

Well that wasn't PG! (RAW Spoilers) Vote_lcap15%Well that wasn't PG! (RAW Spoilers) Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]
Well that wasn't PG! (RAW Spoilers) Vote_lcap85%Well that wasn't PG! (RAW Spoilers) Vote_rcap 85% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 20

Well that wasn't PG! (RAW Spoilers) Empty Well that wasn't PG! (RAW Spoilers)

Post by x12x Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:15 am

Brock ends up covered in blood, that seems very out of character...botch or blade?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Well that wasn't PG! (RAW Spoilers) Empty Re: Well that wasn't PG! (RAW Spoilers)

Post by x12x Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:19 am

Also it looked like HHH had wet himself. Shocked

x12x

Back to top Go down

Well that wasn't PG! (RAW Spoilers) Empty Re: Well that wasn't PG! (RAW Spoilers)

Post by Hero Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:21 am

Botch, watched it back and can't see a point where he blades, top of his skull connects with one of the ring screws.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:26 am

it added something to it, call me a sicko but it improved it haha
Also loving the Goldberg chants for Ryback!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:29 am

That's it though, because blood is such a rarity nowadays that when it does occur it can add to the product. When it occurs on a regular basis though blading you become desensitised to it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:39 am

Agreed Hero,

I don't agree with the calls that it needs to be in the product all the time...however when used in the right instances it adds to the product and certainly makes it that little edgy which is what I want when I see a Hell In The Cell match...Elimination Chamber or indeed a real intense rivalry such as HHH v Brock.

On that note just seeing them tussle now has made me interested in a Wrestlemania match up. Yes it has been done and the chances are that Trips will get the win this time around....however it will be an intense match up...lots of physicality and brute force...basically an all out slug fest. It will add something different to the evening and I think get the Adult's in attendance and watching very much pumped for the night...which is surely what you want? And you just never know....it may well end with a shock 2nd win for Brock...

Whats your call on the Cena v Punk match up next then.....

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:43 am

Cena clean win, the fact both Rock & Cena have already started the marketing bandwagon about it speaks volumes.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:45 am

Depends on the Undertaker situation but either a no contest/draw for the triple threat or a Cena win/Undertaker come back.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:47 am

Yep agreed....

Anyone thinking Triple Threat will be disappointed...especially after that promo...

For me the words he just used all point to Cena v Rock (once in a lifetime...unless you live longer than a year) and on the face of it we have just seen the set up for Punk v Taker...

Which I am none to happy about to be honest!!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 26 Feb 2013, 2:14 am

I'd rather have Punk v Taker then see him lose against The Rock and Cena.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 2:29 am

When the cameraman was trying his best not to get a straight shot of the blood, I was dying for Brock to do this:

Spoiler:

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:18 am

That was awesome....Not a fan of Cena in the slightest and one of his bigger in ring critics but he delivered tonight. Ok the Hurracarana was a little sloppy but given the size of the man I never expected it. Great Powerbomb too...something I have always thought should be in his arsenal.

As for Punk...just insane again. The fact Cena and WWE trusted him to pull out a piledriver says everything about the in ring abilities of the bloke.

Sadly he will not be getting the limelight he so richly deserves at Wrestlemania as we all know what will be getting top billing.

Can't say i'm not disappointed with the outcome, although expected, because now I fear Punk will be left to carry an ever decreasing former shadow of himself Undertaker at this years Wrestlemania. For me, legend he may be, he has had to rely on pure big spots in the past 2 years for his streak matches...aside from that I havent been hugely impressed..luckily they may just pull it off given CM Punk's greatness and more importantly ability to sell/tell a story within a match.

But for all he has done in the past two years (btw his promo earlier in the night was insane) I think he is being short changed by being put with Undertaker who I think he will have to carry through the match only to lie down at the end!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer_reborn Tue 26 Feb 2013, 7:23 am

what was with the wet patch on HHH? Cena's drool?

Spoiler:

gaffer_reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 26 Feb 2013, 8:37 am

xviperx wrote:Also it looked like HHH had wet himself. Shocked

I noticed that too! Just before the f5 onto the table

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 26 Feb 2013, 8:40 am

Or indeed, in the photo above.

I assumed Brock bladed after being thrown over the ringside barrier. But I've only seen it once so may be wrong.

Either way I'm 99% sure it was a blade job.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Feb 2013, 8:56 am

I'm 99% sure it wasn't.
I watched it back and there's no point prior to the start of the blood where either guys hands touch Brock's head, when he's whipped into the corner post the top of his skull goes straight into the end of a bolt connected tot he ring supports.
He got busted open the hard way.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 26 Feb 2013, 8:59 am

Joey Ryan is 87% sure

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:17 am

Lesnar 3:16 says i just pished my pants #goochmoisture

Understandably the cynics in us will be up in arms – ‘Mania season is upon us and Triple H wants his piece of the spotlight blah blah’. But putting all of that and all the politics to one side I can’t deny that Triple H really makes things box office when he shows up. Forget the backstage history, forget his ego, Triple H is still a massive draw, simple as that.

Do i want to see Triple H v Brock Lesnar again? At first i didnt, no. But the intensity on show last night was impressive. It's a match made for Wrestlemania and i understand that, and after Triple H's match with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 27 i really really didnt want to see them go at it again last year but the End of an Era match proved me wrong so i'm not totally ruling out the possibility that Triple H v Brock Lesnar II at Wrestlemania might actually impress me. I expect that second time round it will be better on the Grandest Stage of All.

Say what you want about The Game but he brings it, he can tell a story and for me he is Mr Wrestlemania.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:30 am

Im praying that it isn't just a normal match.

Streetfight, no-holds barred, first blood.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:47 am

Given the first time was no DQ, I'm guessing this ends up as a street fight or something similar I imagine.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 11:14 am

Hair versus Hair OK

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 26 Feb 2013, 11:17 am

Foreskin vs Foreskin
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by peppie Tue 26 Feb 2013, 11:34 am

Just watched the Cena vs Punk match and that was fantastic. We've seen them go at it a number of times already and I'd happily watch them again.

I understand that Rock vs Cena 2 is a moneymaker but the match itself simply doesn't excite me, not sure what they can do differently to last year other than have a different man get the win.

peppie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Tue 26 Feb 2013, 12:09 pm

also punk executing an illegal move during the matchhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1uS9n-Eceo

that and brock bleeding made the show so much more enjoyable than the usual p.g hot garbage
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Feb 2013, 12:12 pm

Hopefully xviperx doesn't mind but I've added a little poll up in relation to the OP.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 12:13 pm

Definitely no blade, he his the post bolt - plus who would blade the back of their head???

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 26 Feb 2013, 12:24 pm

Nope don't mind at all, made me laugh at the 100% botch score so far.

I find it funny that the inclusion of blood take this match from one that no one really cared about to one that people are starting to get excited about.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Feb 2013, 12:58 pm

AntLord wrote:Definitely no blade, he his the post bolt - plus who would blade the back of their head???

Ric Flair would, when he opens his morning post he tries to papercut himself with every envelope.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:19 pm

Blading is always done very subtly. I'm really surprised people are saying he wasn't supposed to bleed. It's a hot angle involving people who run the company, to set up one of the biggest matches at the biggest show of the year. It would be a pretty incredible coincidence if that's the one time someone happens to accidentally open up a gusher on their forehead!

Brock had lots of opportunities to blade. After each time he hit the ringpost, the camera focused on Hunter. He could have done it when he was thrown over the ringside barrier. Most bladejobs are not caught on camera, so why are people thinking that because they didn't see him blade it must have been legit?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:20 pm

Watching it back you can see where his head impacted and cut open on the ring post.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:25 pm

Look at the blood on the post immediately after his head bounced off it. If he was bleeding before that point, either he wouldn't have left that much blood on there, or he'd have had to hit it a hell of a lot harder than he did. Looks to me like he did it the hard way.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:29 pm

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/75699/brock-lesnar-injury-update.html?p=1

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:35 pm

ok I've rewatched it and I see where you're coming from - he wouldn't have had much time to blade.

I still wouldn't be at all surprised though if it was done deliberately. when he's thrown into the ringpost he is very careful about where to put his hands and his head (compare with the speed at which he takes the second ringpost bump). perhaps it was set up this way so that he could cut himself without actually blading.

It might seem ridiculous but if they rehearsed it a few times in the afternoon I think they could have nailed down the timing of it. Maybe they just thought, let's see if we can pull this off and if we don't then nothing is lost.

If not, it was a very lucky accident, and couldn't have worked out better for them as it added a great deal of intensity to the brawl.

I actually think the fact he got cut on that part of his head benefits them twofold; firstly, they can pass it off as an accident. Secondly, it allowed them to film him from certain angles without showing the blood.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:39 pm

It'll be interesting to see how they show the highlights on the daytime shows.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:41 pm

black and white like they used to and still do on vintage collection

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:43 pm

Every time there was a shot of the blood, they'll cut to Brodus and Tensai dancing the macarena. A bit like they used to do cutting to the crowd on chair chots. But with less crowd and more fat men.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 26 Feb 2013, 2:42 pm

I think the main indication that it wasn't intended is the fact that the cameras were quite obviously avoiding showing the blood and Michael Cole didn't even mention it, only Lawler occasionally pointing it out.

I'm not surprised Triple H wet himself, he just legit bust open a former UFC fighter. Brock Lesnar could tear him apart.

I've got to agree with Mr H that this segment really was good to set the match up, it was so brutal and not glamorous that it shows a lot of promise for the actual match.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 2:52 pm

Crimey wrote:
I've got to agree with Mr H that this segment really was good to set the match up, it was so brutal and not glamorous that it shows a lot of promise for the actual match.

Which will no doubt be made into a normal match or something just to take all the aggression out of it

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 26 Feb 2013, 3:03 pm

AntLord wrote:
Crimey wrote:

Which will no doubt be made into a normal match or something just to take all the aggression out of it

Well all of Brock's matches since his return have been presented as quite raw and brutal, so that would come as a surprise.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:06 pm

I know it probably won't happen but if they did come out and make it a first blood or even just a street fight between Brock and HHH I'd mark out and I'm not even a massive fan of either fighter.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:45 pm

Could you please not to refer to wrestlers as 'fighters'.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:48 pm

In a street fight they are "fighting"

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:48 pm

Out of interest, why are people so keen to see a stipulation? Is it because you enjoy those types of matches, or because you think a straight-up match between the two would be rubbish, or a combination of the two?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:53 pm

AntLord wrote:In a street fight they are "fighting"

Please.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:57 pm

please refer to them as superstars not wrestlers. Rolling Eyes

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 26 Feb 2013, 6:27 pm

crippledtart wrote:Out of interest, why are people so keen to see a stipulation? Is it because you enjoy those types of matches, or because you think a straight-up match between the two would be rubbish, or a combination of the two?

Well for me it was because of the intensity they had last night when there were no rules and we've seen them in a normal match before so adding something new to it would give it a different feel...that's just my opinion though.
Another thing is stipulations are what make PPV's special a lot of the time. A match that could be seen as a bit average can be given a boost by having extreme things happen, a match that comes to mind is the Kurt Angle/Shane McMahon street fight at King Of The Ring 2001.

Mr H wrote:Could you please not to refer to wrestlers as 'fighters'.

picard

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 26 Feb 2013, 7:05 pm

crippledtart wrote:Out of interest, why are people so keen to see a stipulation? Is it because you enjoy those types of matches, or because you think a straight-up match between the two would be rubbish, or a combination of the two?

For me its because they have already had a normal match, so I fear that we would just see the same match that we saw at summerslam

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 26 Feb 2013, 7:19 pm

100% not a blade, why would they use a ring post? when a chair or barbed wire is the usual method. are they going to start using ring posts in matches? are ring posts the new barbed wire bat or steel chair? no, it wasnt a blade, it was a botch

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 26 Feb 2013, 7:21 pm

JamesLincs wrote:100% not a blade, why would they use a ring post? when a chair or barbed wire is the usual method. are they going to start using ring posts in matches? are ring posts the new barbed wire bat or steel chair? no, it wasnt a blade, it was a botch

First part yes, second part, I am not so sure.

He is a tough guy. Maybe he volunteered to be busted open the hard way

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 26 Feb 2013, 7:27 pm

there have been bigger storylines/raw's/ppv's in the last 5 years where they could have used blood, but never have. its most certainly a botch

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next