The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

History Repeating Itself? (Smackdown Spoilers)

+2
Hero
Shot 21 LCFC
6 posters

Go down

History Repeating Itself? (Smackdown Spoilers) Empty History Repeating Itself? (Smackdown Spoilers)

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 04 Mar 2013, 9:39 am

A couple of years back Big Show was being attacked by The Corre I think (it could have been The Nexus). At the time a heel Kane was in the ring. When one of The Corre accidentally bumped into him, he proceeded to lay them all out with a steel chair. He would then proceed to hit Big Show with the same chair leaving people confused. Was he face, was he heel? Eventually he turned full on face and him and Big Show ended up being best buddies getting the Tag Team titles.

Last Smackdown we had somehitng similar. The Shield are in the ring fightin Sheamus and Randy Orton. Roman Reigns accidentally bumps into Big Show and gets a WMD, sorry KO punch for his trouble. The Shield retreat. Big Show then proceeds to Choke Slam Orton and then gets a Brogue Kick from Sheamus for his troubles. It was all quite well and good if it was to turn into some sort of 3 sided storyline, but I cant help but think Big Show will just turn face and join Sheamus and Orton in taking on The Shield at Wrestlemania. I really hope not though as I much prefer Big Show in the heel role he has been doing for the last few monts.

Thoughts?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

History Repeating Itself? (Smackdown Spoilers) Empty Re: History Repeating Itself? (Smackdown Spoilers)

Post by Hero Mon 04 Mar 2013, 10:44 am

He's basically at a loose end heading into Mania so is probably being shoehorned in as the 3rd man.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

History Repeating Itself? (Smackdown Spoilers) Empty Re: History Repeating Itself? (Smackdown Spoilers)

Post by Adam D Mon 04 Mar 2013, 11:05 am

I think it was Jim Cornett who said that wrestling repeats itself every 7 years as there are only so many angles that can be told.

i guess with the increase of TV programming, that cycle got shorter!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 04 Mar 2013, 1:08 pm

That's not quite what Cornette said, he believes in the 7 year rule which basically means its ok to re-hasg storylines as long as you wait at least 7 years to do it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 04 Mar 2013, 1:10 pm

I don't think it'll be Sheamus in the Shield match anyway, he's been building his feud with Barrett, I think its more likely to be Orton and Jericho and A.N Other

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 04 Mar 2013, 1:22 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:That's not quite what Cornette said, he believes in the 7 year rule which basically means its ok to re-hasg storylines as long as you wait at least 7 years to do it

Nice one- I knew it was something like that.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 04 Mar 2013, 2:42 pm

When it happened I thought to myself "oh no, Big Show's joining the fight". I really hope he doesnt, I would rather this was a way to build a Ryback and Big Show confrontation. Not that I'm mad keen to see that match, but I still think Ryback destroying Big Show would be a good way to keep him over as a monster.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 04 Mar 2013, 4:59 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:When it happened I thought to myself "oh no, Big Show's joining the fight". I really hope he doesnt, I would rather this was a way to build a Ryback and Big Show confrontation. Not that I'm mad keen to see that match, but I still think Ryback destroying Big Show would be a good way to keep him over as a monster.

I think we'll see the return of the Goofy Face big show for a few weeks leading to Mania to tag with Orton and Ryback v Shield. Maybe show getting pinned then taking it out on Orton leading to a brawl between to Show and Ryback which lead to a match at the next PPV.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down