The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam J shows his class in another way by praising Eng props

+7
Mr Bounce
fa0019
kingjohn7
gowershowerpower
Geordie
maestegmafia
Ospreydragon
11 posters

Go down

Adam J shows his class in another way by praising Eng props Empty Adam J shows his class in another way by praising Eng props

Post by Ospreydragon Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:25 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/international/six-nations-adam-jones-backs-england-props-to-recover-from-wales-defeat-8540285.html

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Adam J shows his class in another way by praising Eng props Empty Re: Adam J shows his class in another way by praising Eng props

Post by maestegmafia Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:11 pm

Well that is high praise. He is right too, Cole and Marler are both very good props, so is Vunipulo. Corbisiero missing makes a big difference to England in the scrum. He is a cracking player.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Adam J shows his class in another way by praising Eng props Empty Re: Adam J shows his class in another way by praising Eng props

Post by Geordie Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:26 pm

He's correct aswell...

I put on another thread...its not a disgrace as a 22 yo to get taught a lesson by one of the two best th's in the world. Marler will take this on board and learn from it. 10 years between Adam Jones and Marler is a massive experience difference.

Jones was sublime this tournament...and what a joy for Gatland to have have two TH's like him and Dan Cole available for the trip to OZ....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by gowershowerpower Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:55 pm

I think Dan and Adam will share rooms on the Tour. This will enable Dan to shine Adam's boots, brush his hair and polish his end prior to the test matches.

gowershowerpower

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:58 pm

thumbsup thats right Gower.... picard

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by gowershowerpower Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:01 pm

Oh come on...AJ is superior to DC at the moment....AT THE MOMENT.

Granted, a year or 2, cole will be up there.

They will share rooms and AJ will teach him a thing or two...or at least three as mentioned previously.

gowershowerpower

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:05 pm

He is such a legend. Both him and Cole for the lions will be fantastic, whichever one starts, then the other coming on will be even more potent.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:23 pm

I think its a case of Jones being quite a humble guy who never burst onto the scene... he got his far share of beastings in his early days and worked hard.

He only came to prominance in 08/09, say 5-6 years into his test career.

It was never a given... he worked very hard to become the player he is today and is worth his weight in gold... now thats valuable!

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:28 pm

In the early days he could scarcely last 30 mins on an International field. Now he's one of the fittest props about.

Love the guy - and I'm English!

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Nice stuff from Mr Jones, thanks.
But the bit I found intriguing:

"He said: "It was a strange game, with a lot of scrum penalties." "
Whistle an oblique reference ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:05 pm

gregortree wrote:Nice stuff from Mr Jones, thanks.

...... and he didn't think the Scotland game had a lot of scrum penalties?

Going back a few posts, god help Dan Cole or whoever has to share a room with Jones. I was in Starbucks on Princes St on the Friday before the Wales game and saw 5 or 6 of the Welsh players there. AJ disappeared for about 5 mins and then re-appeared from the lavvy. I then had the gross misfortune of having to take my 5 year old into said bogs - all I can say is that either someone had brought a farmyard animal into Starbucks unnoticed by the staff or AJ needs a bloody good clean out.

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by jimlewtheblue Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:30 pm

InjuredYetAgain wrote:
gregortree wrote:Nice stuff from Mr Jones, thanks.

...... and he didn't think the Scotland game had a lot of scrum penalties?

Going back a few posts, god help Dan Cole or whoever has to share a room with Jones. I was in Starbucks on Princes St on the Friday before the Wales game and saw 5 or 6 of the Welsh players there. AJ disappeared for about 5 mins and then re-appeared from the lavvy. I then had the gross misfortune of having to take my 5 year old into said bogs - all I can say is that either someone had brought a farmyard animal into Starbucks unnoticed by the staff or AJ needs a bloody good clean out.

That's why his nickname is BOMB

jimlewtheblue

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:31 pm

It was certainly some kind of WMD

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:35 pm

Laugh

I can imagine a lot of tight five forwards need a good mucking out from time to time.

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:43 pm

gowershowerpower wrote:Oh come on...AJ is superior to DC at the moment....AT THE MOMENT.

Granted, a year or 2, cole will be up there.

They will share rooms and AJ will teach him a thing or two...or at least three as mentioned previously.

frankly no comparison...Cole is the best England have Jones the best in the world, Cole is liek a penalty machine and though he is useful in the ruck he does not concentrate on his meat and drink - the scrum

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down