The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BJ Saunders VS Eubank Jr later this year??

+10
John Bloody Wayne
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
azania
Mr Bounce
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Lance
TopHat24/7
bhb001
88Chris05
BallchinianMuffwig
14 posters

Go down

BJ Saunders VS Eubank Jr later this year?? Empty BJ Saunders VS Eubank Jr later this year??

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:28 pm

If Saunders beats Hall this thursday and Eubank keeps fighting regularly and racks up the wins do you think this could be realistically made this year? Personally I doubt it, I reckon Eubank will be built up with a protected "0" by his promoter, but does the possibility of this fight interest anybody else? Could be a thriller, with a great build up aswell. Who would you predict to win this if it happened in say..July this year?
Cheers

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

BJ Saunders VS Eubank Jr later this year?? Empty Re: BJ Saunders VS Eubank Jr later this year??

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:33 pm

If it happened this year then Saunders all the way. I've been very, very impressed with him in general and I think he's ready to mix it with the likes of Macklin and Barker already; Eubank Jr, with less professional experience and less amateur pedigree to bolster that, isn't even knocking on the door of that level yet.

Saunders, admittedly, does look very small at Middleweight whereas Eubank looks like a career Super-Middleweight in the making, so if he decides to just meet Saunders head on and try to maul him to a points verdict then it might be interesting, but I think Saunders is just too sharp, too clever and too busy to get caught up in a rough 'n' tough inside brawl. He strings his shots together very well and is a natural boxer-puncher, whereas Eubank still looks a little unsure as to exactly what kind of fighter he wants to be.

Saunders all the way, for me.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

BJ Saunders VS Eubank Jr later this year?? Empty Re: BJ Saunders VS Eubank Jr later this year??

Post by bhb001 Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:25 pm

Eubanks is next fighting in April (in New Your no less) after his last fight in December. I hope this a little blip and not a change to fighting three times a year. I also don't see much power in Eubanks yet, so a decent middleweight may give him all sorts of issues. In short, not sold on Eubanks yet, but I am still interested in following him to see how far he can go.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:45 pm

Lot of bad blood on Twitter about this already. These two definitely at each other's throats, some ill feeling brewing. Will market well. Would love to see it happen, though I agree with the OP that Eubank's "0" will be protected.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Saunders easily for me. been very impressed with him. eubank may have potential but hes nowhere near the same level as saunders yet if ever

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:17 pm

Can't see t tbh, they are exactly the same age but Saunders is so much more experianced than Eubank (as a pro and amateur) and is just an all round better fighter

Eubank hasn't impressed me once so far, very average and has just been so much bigger than his opponents so far and has been able to maul his opponents when the going gets tough . He carries little power and doesn't posses great handspeed. Billy Joe is no power puncher but he is very sharp and would just pick Eubank apart whether from the outside or in the pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:48 pm

Eubank's only plus really is his workrate - he doesn't have much dig in either hand and as stated above he has little in the way of amateur experience.

Saunders beats Eubank 99 times out of 100 in my book.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:59 pm

I'd pick BJ today. In 12 months time my mind won't change.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Both are over rated and not likely to make any dent in a hot Middleweight division so they are made for eachother. Saunders looked awful in his last fight so if anyone with a decent workrate capitalised on that he would be on the receiving end of a decision.

But fat sqinty eyed Mick will keep putting Eubank in with journeymen until one of them eventually beats him, because he has struggled on that level already.Hate how people try to say "oh but he was a tough fighter". Nonsense. The fighters Eubank has been pitched against have been cherry picked because Daddy thought son would look good, but instead he has looked awful in a few.

BJS and Eubank should fight as soon as Eubank is mandatory. I hate these crappy vacant British title fights. I hope Fat Mick don't pull another "Fury stunt" and run from the belt as if its on fire, at the last second.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 pm

azania wrote:I'd pick BJ today. In 12 months time my mind won't change.

I'd take a BJ over this fight too.

BJ Saunders VS Eubank Jr later this year?? Tumblr_m4m70zTebV1qg9kam

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:22 pm

Saunders will ruin him, can see nothing but a one sided beating being handed out here. Eubanks would do well to steer clear of this fight for a long time yet.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:38 pm

If Eubank had power then it could be different. He doesn't and in short BJS is simply the more talented boxer.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:52 am

Yeah I mean Eubank hasn't even knocked anyone down yet if I'm correct? I remember one fight in particular the size difference was so great it made Canelo VS Lopez look....fair.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:56 am

Yea I'm pretty sure the stoppages he have have been through accumulation and volume rather than power. The problem is that he does load up alot and hits opponents flush on the chin but almost all of them just blink it off which is worrying. It isn't like he isn't planting enough and landing half hearted punches as he does look like he tries to get the KO's but to little avail

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:31 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Lot of bad blood on Twitter about this already. These two definitely at each other's throats, some ill feeling brewing. Will market well. Would love to see it happen, though I agree with the OP that Eubank's "0" will be protected.

i actually think eubank was matched up tough in his career so far, and fought often too, i think they might take a few chances with him.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:50 pm

Matched moderately tough yes, taken any big risks? No.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:55 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Matched moderately tough yes, taken any big risks? No.

not yet, but i wouldn't expect him too. he (eubank and hennesey) has claimed to want the british title in his next few fights, and fighting in america soon so obviously looking to fighting there in future, i suppose only time will tell but i think hennesey has been matching his fighters well.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Saunders looks like he could become very decent.
Eubank Jr on the other hand... Utterly unconvinced.
For me he is severely lacking in power and for all the quick hands I think he'll lose to Saunders every day of the week because I can't see how he keeps him off.

Saunders seems to pack real menace into his shots and hasn't looked rattled.

Eubank Jr is all hype for me.
If he was called Chris Jones I'm not sure many people would be talking about him.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:52 pm

Eubank should hopefully dig a bit harder as he gets older , but if he has as good a chin as his Dad then he might not need to hit that hard. Chris Eubank didn't roll that many people after the Watson fight but he was still a handful.
As he didn't have an amateur pedigree for once Im not too bothered that he takes things slowly , Saunders on the other hand had taken a long time on the back of a great amateur career to fight pretty much nobody. Typical British career progression. How good is he , we don't really have a clue yet really.
If they fought now Saunders would win but I think Eubank Jr might just be the better prospect for a decent career.

Last edited by Diggers on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:46 pm

Apparently the younger Eubank brother is supposed to be something special. Anyone seen any of his fights?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:25 am

Seb Eubank? No but I've heard good things too. perhaps turns pro in the next 2 years so we'll see then

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down