The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Saunders and Eubank being ripped off ???

+7
DuransHorse
Hammersmith harrier
TopHat24/7
Dipper Brown
milkyboy
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
11 posters

Go down

Are Saunders and Eubank being ripped off ??? Empty Are Saunders and Eubank being ripped off ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 Oct 2014, 3:02 pm

The Fury - Chisora main event is the strangest one I've ever seen !!.......They are being paid big money for a fight no one cares about......All that's trending at the moment is the grudge match between BJS and Eubank....It's definitely one of the most eagerly awaited fights on these shores I can remember !!

The Chief support is funding the main event.......

I don't think in my "39" years I've ever seen anything like it....People pay for the main event as a rule.........

Fury - Chisora is a crap fight no one wants and the two fighters who are selling the promotion are getting peanuts in comparison If normal service as a Chief support is followed.........

Saunders and Eubank should be getting paid what Fury and Chisora are........and vice versa..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Are Saunders and Eubank being ripped off ??? Empty Re: Are Saunders and Eubank being ripped off ???

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Oct 2014, 3:12 pm

Impossible to say without knowing what everyone is being paid Truss, but I agree it is an odd situation. There have been plenty fights where an undercard fight has appeared more intriguing than the main event, but as you have alluded to the support appears to be selling the event this time round, which is extremely odd. Personally, as I have said previously I am not that anti Fury Chisora. I don’t particularly rate either but they are pretty well matched and if nothing else come to fight. I’m a glass half full type of guy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Are Saunders and Eubank being ripped off ??? Empty Re: Are Saunders and Eubank being ripped off ???

Post by milkyboy Mon 27 Oct 2014, 3:17 pm

Its a fair point truss. I'm sure when they point it out to him, frank will buy them a shandy.

Saunders Eubank should be a stadium ppv really. They signed with the wrong guy.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Mon 27 Oct 2014, 3:21 pm

Ha ha, behave yourself Milky! Smile

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 27 Oct 2014, 3:26 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:Ha ha, behave yourself Milky! Smile

Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 Oct 2014, 3:43 pm

Rowley wrote:. I’m a glass half full type of guy.

Here is me thinking you're a miserable old scroat..Cool

The ripped off part of the title is perhaps OTT...........Apologies to Mr Warren.............I'm sure they are getting well paid but I'd be staggered If they are on anywhere near equitable terms with the main event..

Let's be honest 90% will be tuning into to watch the grudge match.........and being prepared to get stunk out later !!

If the arena is sold out and there are high viewing fgures it won't be Fury-Chisora to thank..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 Oct 2014, 3:43 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Dipper Brown wrote:Ha ha, behave yourself Milky! Smile

Laugh

Yeah... behave yourself Milky...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Oct 2014, 5:48 pm

Fully agree, i'll be watching in the hope that Eubank does a number on Saunders and then swiftly changing channel before the oafs come on.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Mon 27 Oct 2014, 5:58 pm

We can all see the glaring holes in Fury's ability but I wonder what happens if he annihilates Chis? Say he puts on a great dominating performance and gets an earlyish KO? Do we start to wonder if he really can do something at title level? At the moment I think any decent heavy with reasonable power tags him and he's gone but the destruction of Chisora without any hiccups or visits to the canvas along with disciplined and controlled aggression and I might actually see Fury as a player at heavy.

You can tell he hasn't boxed in ages as I'm believing this is even remotely possible.

Chis wins and we know he's never going to be the man at heavy, we've seen enough. Tyson would need to show for the first time he can beat a decent opponent handily ( I don't count Kingpin ) or this fight is pretty meaningless.

Eubank v BJS has relevance no matter who wins. That's why it has been generating more interest.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 28 Oct 2014, 1:39 pm

''39'' years????????

Anyway, its fine for me that CUJ and BJS are chief support. The card needs to be built up in a way so that the fans have something to look forward to.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 29 Oct 2014, 8:00 am

Not sure i am as excited by the fight as some people for me its a fairly decent Euro level middleweight who i thought lost to John Ryder fighting against a novice who cant punch and has never fought anyone with a pulse, but makes headlines because of his Dads name. Fury and Delboy might not be the next coming of Ali and Frazier, but at least they are both hovering around the top 10 in the world which has to be good for the sport even in this poor era for the heavyweight division.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 29 Oct 2014, 12:59 pm

Easy to forget that Groves-Degale was on the undercard to Cleverly-Braemer!

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:41 pm

Might be completely wrong here but was it not originally on the undercard before eventually being flipped to the main event?

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 29 Oct 2014, 2:16 pm

Because Braemer pulled out and Bellew was too fat.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down