The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saunders vs Eubank JR

+6
TRUSSMAN66
milkyboy
Rodney
Hammersmith harrier
Coxy001
hampo17
10 posters

Go down

Saunders vs Eubank JR Empty Saunders vs Eubank JR

Post by hampo17 Fri 01 May 2015, 11:47 am

These two have been taken off the Wembley show in May, and look set to have a rematch. They've got 48 hours to agree terms, is anyone interested in a rematch? Could anyone see Eubank JR getting the win this time?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Saunders vs Eubank JR Empty Re: Saunders vs Eubank JR

Post by Guest Fri 01 May 2015, 11:50 am

Rematch would be interesting given Eubank threw away the first six rounds and it would be nice to see how he fights knowing he can't afford to f*ck around like last time. Chances are it's closer but BJS seems to know a bit too much for Eubank. Needs some of his old man's grit and determination if he's to get the nod. BJS on points...just!

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 01 May 2015, 11:50 am

If he's learned from the first fight then possibly, can't wait until the fights drifted away before he gets his act together.

Personally think his rate of development is higher than Saunders, but whether this rematch comes too soon for him to overtake BJS and thus beat him is an issue. That's if he doesn't plateau at a certain level. Was a half decent fight first time round, so not too upset in the slightest this rematch may well be taking place.

Just feel it may have come round a bit too soon for Jr. Hoping I'm wrong though.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 01 May 2015, 11:52 am

A little bit too soon for a rematch, not sure anything has changed since the first fight, Warren will be hoping for a Eubank win so they can go again in a decider.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 01 May 2015, 11:54 am

Fair play to both lads if it comes off, I'm interested in the fight the first one was an enjoyable. Hard one to call think Saunders far superior technically but Eubank looks like to have the steel of his Snr.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 01 May 2015, 12:51 pm

As others have said, hard to call.

I don't think Eubank chucked away the earlier rounds he was just outboxed. Depends if he can alter anything. He's the superior athlete, but it wasn't really a scientific comeback... Saunders slowed down and Eubank went swinging.

Enjoyable enough tussle though. Wouldn't mind seeing it again. Think I'd still err to saunders, as golovkin's biggest threat, looked a bit clueless ... even the rounds he was winning.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 May 2015, 1:49 pm

I thought the first fight was a stinker until Saunders gassed..........and whilst I like BJS personality I think his style will lend itself to plenty more..

Can't get excited by this..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 01 May 2015, 1:54 pm

golovkin's biggest threat

Headscratch

Quillin? Geale perhaps?

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 01 May 2015, 2:27 pm

... i was describing eubank junior. It was an ironic dig at eubank senior's comments about his son.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Sat 02 May 2015, 11:20 am

Result could depend on what Eubank learnt from the last one. It was notable that they bought in Maximo Pierret to help with preparations for the last fight (though not as a permanent replacement for Ron Davies). He needs to listen to his trainers, and have a couple of game plans, not just hope that it will go OK on the night.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 02 May 2015, 11:42 am

DAVE667 wrote:Rematch would be interesting given Eubank threw away the first six rounds

The thing is I dont think you can really go by him "throwing away the first six rounds".. If he had put more energy into the first 6 then why does that mean he would have also won the last 6?, he may well have become more tired and Saunders may have won the latter rounds..

he lost the first 6 and Saunders was very quick and out-boxed him... yes he could have put him under more pressure but would have also got hit more and also used up more energy that would not have been there at the fight closed..

He has more experience now so this may go more in his favour but then again, Saunders could also make changes for the second fight.. I see it as a 50/50

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Sat 02 May 2015, 9:37 pm

definitely a 50:50 , but can't help but think BJS has reached his level whilst EBJ has has better to come, but i stress he needs to wind his neck in and listen to his corner, or he will end up like his dad and short change his talent.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Sat 02 May 2015, 9:51 pm

Too early in my mind for a rematch. Don't think it's needed for at least a year or two or until one picks up a world title. This is probably more to do with Frank Warren needing a decent scrap to put on his channel.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sat 02 May 2015, 9:55 pm

Too early for me. Completely agree that Saunders feels like a fighter that won't progress much further, Jr on the other hand could but needs serious refinement. That ain't happening this quickly. If he wins it's the last 6 rounds of the first fight repeated for longer in the rematch. While entertaining, there was no lesson in the art of boxing during Jr's rounds on top. Still A LOT to learn.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Sat 02 May 2015, 10:06 pm

RanjitPatel wrote:Too early in my mind for a rematch. Don't think it's needed for at least a year or two or until one picks up a world title. This is probably more to do with Frank Warren needing a decent scrap to put on his channel.

Are you really suggesting that EBJ 's Interim WBA title isn't worth a w**k . You Cynic.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down