The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The post-6-Nations Anglo Welsh bickering thread

+75
Effervescing Elephant
Sgt_Pooly
Morgannwg
sirtidychris
Portnoy's Complaint
Jimpy
blackcanelion
RuggerRadge2611
TrailApe
Taylorman
Higher_Ground
Big
majesticimperialman
Nathan's Hind
LordDowlais
Hood83
RubyGuby
A World Cup and 3 Finals
Knackeredknees
GLove39
Cyril
dogtooth
100%beefy
doctor_grey
21st Century Schizoid Man
Geordie
Scarpia
dummy_half
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
thebluesmancometh
Duty281
sirBiggles
Breadvan
lostinwales
mikey_philVIII
dragonbreath
HammerofThunor
ChequeredJersey
reallybored
cakeordeath
damage_13
Hound_of_Harrow
Barney McGrew did it
R!skysports
english warrior
Scrumpy
gregortree
Glas a du
wales606
The Bachelor
Poorfour
red_stag
flyhalffactory
Triangulation
nathan
bluestonevedder
GunsGerms
XR
SecretFly
doctornickolas
mystiroakey
Taffineastbourne
welshboii15
hugehandoff
jelly
mckay1402
t1000advancedprototype
maestegmafia
fa0019
LondonTiger
offload
Biltong
rainbow-warrior
GloriousEmpire
Ospreydragon
79 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Is it Steve Walsh's fault England lost?

The post-6-Nations Anglo Welsh bickering thread - Page 9 Vote_lcap78%The post-6-Nations Anglo Welsh bickering thread - Page 9 Vote_rcap 78% 
[ 63 ]
The post-6-Nations Anglo Welsh bickering thread - Page 9 Vote_lcap22%The post-6-Nations Anglo Welsh bickering thread - Page 9 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 18 ]

Total Votes : 81

The post-6-Nations Anglo Welsh bickering thread - Page 9 Empty The post-6-Nations Anglo Welsh bickering thread

Post by Ospreydragon Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:36 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/international/frustrated-england-will-challenge-referee-calls-8541351.html

Thread renamed to match the actual debate taking place

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

The post-6-Nations Anglo Welsh bickering thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The post-6-Nations Anglo Welsh bickering thread

Post by flyhalffactory Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Triangulation wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Well, maybe the IRb have reviewed some of his performances and think there was an issue?

I think most England fans have been very honest and said that his performance didnt change the result...Wales were superb...

The problem is, that this was not this first time England and Mr Walsh have had run ins. Again most England fans would agree this should not have been done in public...it should have been kept totally behind closed doors...but i think it is fair for England to request a refs performance be investigated...

People can make of that as they will.

My only concern however is the precedent. Whilst im sure EVERY nation asks for referee feedback after a game...i just hope this doesnt lead to wholescale referee complaints.

+1

100%

Walsh did not affect the result but there is more to it than that!

Still Maesteg has called me a "sore loser" and all manner of other things.

In the same way that Drs are supposed to have good bedside manner, part of being a good ref is your ability to communicate with and relate to players on field. Walsh fails in this respect particularly with England captains. Now that might in part be our captains fault also as part of their job is to relate and communicate with refs.

The real issue here is Walsh very much influenced the result, from the first few set scrums he set out his stall......... Wales went early on the "hit", Adam Jones delayed the bind and actually did not bind properly yet he warned England and when they queried he told them to be quiet which is wrong as he really should listen to the hooker if he has a legitimate question. After that Hibbard popped up on three maybe four occasions which in my mind were penalties which weren't awarded (it was a clear intent when they hauled him off after the minute 51 and Owens secured and balanced the front row and the pop ups didn't happen the rest of the game). England went into the halftime break what 9-3 down when if the scrum outcome was different maybe they would have been going into the second half possibly on equal pegging. Lets not even go into the dark arts of the ruck and maul infringements which went unnoticed.

Not saying that Wales didn't deserve to win but if the ref had been more consistent as he discussed in the team dressing rooms before the match then this sorry affair might not now be on the forum

On a side issue have just watch the scrum5 discussion and three "examples" highlighted by Kingsley Jones, cannae believe he even accepted to do that as even he admitted that two out of the three examples of pens going to Wales could be 50/50 but worse than that he had to trawl the entire match to find 3 out of what 12-13 scrums of which I would say 8 were iffy decisions by Walsh

Rowntree as the Lions forwards coach (and England coach) will be delinquent in his responsibility if he doesn't clarify the general views of the international refs with regard to the scrum and therefore his tactics and input into the forwards select process

Last edited by flyhalffactory on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

The post-6-Nations Anglo Welsh bickering thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The post-6-Nations Anglo Welsh bickering thread

Post by Triangulation Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:18 pm

sirtidychris wrote:They didn't slag off the ref like PDivvy or Warren Gatland would have done, they asked for clarification on his decision making as he made some iffy calls, they genuinely feel the interpretation given by Walsh before the match didn't match his descision making during the match at all. They acknowleged wales were the better team and deserved to win, with england being sub-par, but still they cant allow the team to fall foul of that many scrum and ruck infringements again, especially given that they had been doing well in that area against other very strong scrums with other refs.

They are asking for an explanation, i dont see how this suddenly makes rowntree and lancaster sore, vindicative, losers. If Walsh's decsions were all correct which most non- english people on this board seem to believe was they case then this will be easy enough for Walsh and the IRB to explain and dismiss. IF however Walsh did make a complete balls up of several decisions during the six nations match decider then Rowntree and Lancaster are completly justified in there comments and Walsh should be accountable as everyone else is when they make a hash of things.

Well said that man!

I can only add that Walsh does seem to have been held accountable by the IRB.

We all like a game to "flow" but that does not equate to just allowing a free for all at the ruck.

I am glad that the IRB has woken up and smelled the coffee belatedly though it is.

The next time any non English ask for a clarification of a refs decisions in a match there will be hell to pay thanks to this ridiculous "how dare you say anything that could in any way rain on welsh parade" whinges

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:23 pm

It appears Lancaster and Rowntree have had Walsh demoted

So that's how it went eh?

Stewy Lancaster got on the dog'n'bone and spoke to the IRB headsheds and said "Hey - listen you mugs - this geezer is getting on me pecs - SORT IT OUT"

Or perhaps there has been an internal review and it has been agreed that the performance ofthe referee in question left a lot to be desired.

"Letting the game flow" is all very well, but this is rugby not a modern dance theatre.

And if I recall it wasn't an English pundit who said "Oh dear, its the Steve Walsh show'
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Let's have a cheerful post Morg....you can do it.

No English/Irish baiting though

Well I think it's unfair to say it was a free-for-all at the ruck. Walsh was as harsh on Warbs as he was Robshaw. Croft at 6 and Wood at 8 was the wrong option to combat the double open-side.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:25 pm

I'll settle for that Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:26 pm

Oh dear, the childish retorts continue.
picard
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:34 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Anyways, enough of this bickering - did you enjoy the game Jimpy? thumbsup

Actually, once I realised England would find it difficult to get anything from the game, I did. I thought Wales were a pleasure to watch and won deservedly.

Next question?

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:35 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Oh dear, the childish retorts continue.
picard

Well, you'd know aboutt hose wouldn't you boyo, you practically patented them....

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:35 pm

Maesteg, That is an extremely large assumption that Lancaster is responsible for a demotion and not worthy of you sir.

I stated on the related Walsh thread that for the IRB to drop their frontline Oz ref from their panel before the 4 Nations championship is a very significant decision and frankly astounding. Their assessment would stretch far beyond one game. The guys history with England is something else and can only speculate it not being part of the decision.

Out of curiosity does anyone know if over the last ten years whether England have ever won a game with Walsh in the middle ? I am not sure England have.

I wonder whether some of the welsh anti-English venom is because they live in Bristol...... Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:38 pm

Teacher ! Prefect ! to the playground please !

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:38 pm

Jimpy wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:Anyways, enough of this bickering - did you enjoy the game Jimpy? thumbsup

Actually, once I realised England would find it difficult to get anything from the game, I did. I thought Wales were a pleasure to watch and won deservedly.

Next question?

When did you realise England would find it difficult, most on here seemed to think it was on the Wednesday thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:39 pm

yeah but no but yeah but etc
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Effervescing Elephant wrote:yeah but no but yeah but etc

Wonderful contribution............. clear and concise...... strewth!
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:45 pm

That was my Vicky Pollard impression. I have to work in Bristol, bearing in mind i come from Exeter the accent up here is feckin' dreadful. (No offence like).
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:47 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Morg...do you ever post anything sensible? Or do you just have to have a pop every time?

It's pretty boring tbh

Its great when he accuses other posters of 'childish retorts'... almost feel sorry for the guy sometimes.

This was the first time England have been beaten convincingly (thrashed if you will) by Wales for a very, very long time - certainly in my living memory. England have, on the other hand quite convincingly 'thrashed' the hapless Welsh on several occasions in the near past, you don't get much more convincing than 62 - 5, for example.

Anyways, as somebody else has said, England will have their day against Wales again, and it probably wont be long, so I like many others will wait, and remember these conversations when we do.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:49 pm

Jimpy you should save the pity for yourself. Anyone who reads all of your posts can see you have issues in life Laugh. Your worthless comments don't mean anything to me Very Happy. Stay safe in that knowledge and keep hoping that England will beat Wales next year!
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:51 pm

Can we have Alain Rollaind sent to the gallows please now we're on a roll, oh and that blind Irish ref who sent Paul Ringer off thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:53 pm

I think that's all lies Guby. If you read back you will see that Jimpster said week by week that we would lose against France, Italy, Scotland and England. Talk about egg on face.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:53 pm

How many stadiums have the big screens that can be easily viewed as well as the Millennium Stadium? That's probably why Walsh hasn't got any games. The poor guy probably refused to ref any games, unless he could guarantee being able to see himself when he sees fit.

We'll keep a welcome in the hillsides, when you come home again to Wales Mr Walsh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:59 pm

I've renamed the thread to match the actual debate taking place.

Can someone please try to come up with bickering better than the average 12 year old can manage though?

Actually I won't hold my breath.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Her boys? Are they like them sorts that Alan Partridge was so fascinated by? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahh Ladyboys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:03 pm

I love a challenge Yahoo

You Sir Jimpy are nothing but a cad and a guttersnipe. May your mother smell of tripe and your offspring farm potatoes. Very Happy
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:

Can someone please try to come up with bickering better than the average 12 year old can manage though?

Please do hold your breath. It stinks. Is that the sort of mature bickering you're after? Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:05 pm

Glas a du wrote:I love a challenge Yahoo

You Sir Jimpy are nothing but a cad and a guttersnipe. May your mother smell of tripe and your offspring farm potatoes. Very Happy

Cracking stuff laughing

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:

Please do hold your breath. It stinks. Is that the sort of mature bickering you're after? Whistle

Laugh

Who told you I had garlic aioli with lunch? Doh
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:08 pm

Morgannwg wrote:I think that's all lies Guby. If you read back you will see that Jimpster said week by week that we would lose against France, Italy, Scotland and England. Talk about egg on face.

Not really, perhaps in your rather limited eyes.

I had hoped (and it was reasonable to assume) that England would run Wales close, and perhaps beat them. It was also reasonable to assume that Wales, based on their 1st half performance against Ireland, and a string of losses prior to that - coupled with less than convincing wins against the sides you mention, would lose against same sides. Not until the last match did Wales show any real continuity or cohesion much at all. In fact, Wales have rarely, if ever, played better - as was acknowledged by Welsh (and other) pundits. I actually said it would be close between England and Wales as did the vast majority of other people on this forum and in the media.

I was disappointed that it wasn't. But as i've said (on a posting of mine you must have missed picard ), Wales were superb, I enjoyed watching them play on that day. They thouroughly deserved their win.

Egg on my face?

I don't think so.

Shoite from your lips?

Oh definately.

Last edited by Jimpy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:09 pm

Glas a du wrote:I love a challenge Yahoo

I doubt you even know what cad really means. But for your information, i'm not.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Jimpy, if only you had actually said this weeks ago instead of predicting us to lose every game, you'd have much less egg on you.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:12 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Jimpy, if only you had actually said this weeks ago instead of predicting us to lose every game, you'd have much less egg on you.

I don't have any on me, because as i've explained (perhaps I should write phone-et-i-cally so that you can understand) my predictions of Welsh losses were not reasonless or without substance.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:15 pm

There's far too much logic going on here boys. This isn't proper bickering, you two are DEBATING! How dare you! Why has this stuff always got to revolve around RUGBY? Can't you just bicker about normal stuff? Come on, dance with me...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:23 pm

I passed my driving test in Ammanford thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:25 pm

Don't tell me, and if you failed there you'd have tried in Lampeter?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Lampeter? Nice Uni thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:33 pm

Re: Six Nations 2013 Build Up Thread

by RubyGuby on Mon 7 Jan 2013 - 15:14
France/Wales
England
Ireland/Scotland
Italy

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Jimpy wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:Jimpy disapeared for a while after saturday. I was certain he wasn't coming back. Laugh

Been abroad with work - you know, work? Ah, scrub that, you wont know will ya?

laughing

An uncle of mine used to go abroad to work a lot. He had some "Strangeways" Laugh as do you

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:12 pm

It requires a baby to suck on a teat for nutrition.
Unless you are adult enough to realise it might be mutually pleasurable.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:59 pm

The content on this thread is awe inspiring, it makes me want to be a better person.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:51 pm

Eff off Biltong.

If one thread is marshalled of to another by a mod, why should the playmates in the playground know that there's a different teacher on duty?

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:10 pm

I don't think I will eff off tiger, I am posting as a poster as well, not as a mod.

Like I said, it makes me NEED to be a better person.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:31 pm

So what was the
The content on this thread is awe inspiring, it makes me want to be a better person.
all about Bil?

Was that meant to be a general verbal clip round the ear to the assembled scruffage?

Have a glass of port at the High Table mate whilst the riff-raff just get on with a bit of harmless fun.

If a riot breaks out you'll know about it soon enough.

But there's not a lot of sensible behaviour likely to inspired by sniffy better-than-thou comments.

Respect can be both hard-eaned but easily lost. So don't allow me to lose yours (as a mod).

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm

On the bright side, it is still 10 months until the next 6n. 10 months where normal folk don't have to read so much kak.
A lot of folk made predictions before the 6n but, in hindsight, look silly. Who would have said that Italy would beat France and Italy but I don't see any vitriol aimed at folk who said Italy would get pumped
Time to adopt the moral high ground; you don't see Scottish or Irish posters indulging in nincompoopery the likes of which is displayed here. Surely to god, you guys can give it a rest.

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:36 pm

greytiger wrote:So what was the
all about Bil?

Was that meant to be a general verbal clip round the ear to the assembled scruffage?

Have a glass of port at the High Table mate whilst the riff-raff just get on with a bit of harmless fun.

If a riot breaks out you'll know about it soon enough.

But there's not a lot of sensible behaviour likely to inspired by sniffy better-than-thou comments.

Respect can be both hard-eaned but easily lost. So don't allow me to lose yours (as a mod).

The inspiration to my written quip was not really mean't to be much at all, however it can be taken any way you want to. As far as respect, well there isn't much of that around here, is there?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:49 pm

What is more important - imposed 'respect' or free speech?

To be honest, I'd rather hear open conversation appropriate discussion rooms than anally retentive polite ones.

If this was a serious debate about this or that molecule of rugby I'd be in agreement with you.

But this room has a plate on the door clearly labelled "The post-6-Nations Anglo Welsh bickering thread".

Isn't that an indication that the [quote]As far as respect, well there isn't much of that around here, is there?" is a bit of a nonsequitor?

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:04 pm

Not sure how my statement is not relevant as you brought it up in the first place.

As for free speech, how am I preventing free speech?

It seems you have a bug up your backside and feel the need to get it out of your system, feel free to do so, however I am not interested in arguing the point of what I am permitted to say on here.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:17 pm

Pathetic,thats all i have to say over the whole way England have moved it all on to Walsh.
The guy is a quality ref,always has a good tempo to the game and rightfully penalized the weak scrum for mucking around.
Also that second try when Ken Owens ripped the ball was totally legal.

He was the tackler he tried to rip the ball and succeed the second time before the ball went to the ground, it came out forward yes but a rip does not count as a knock on.

It's a really shame i used to like Lancaster all the talk of humility and grounded now just seems embarrassing with the whole affair.

His body language says it all, he did every press interview in his leather armchair in front of the log fire almost vertical seating position with the legs loosely crossed , the one after the Wales massacre he was behind a table arms folded and eyes everywhere.
He has been found out he knows it, we know it, he knows we all know it.

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:38 pm

Biltong wrote:Not sure how my statement is not relevant as you brought it up in the first place.

It seems you have a bug up your backside and feel the need to get it out of your system, feel free to do so, however I am not interested in arguing the point of what I am permitted to say on here.

No the vitriol comes out in emails huh.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:28 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:
Biltong wrote:Not sure how my statement is not relevant as you brought it up in the first place.

No the vitriol comes out in emails huh.
so you are going to continue then?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:34 am

If we are going to be serious here. It as been said that the extreme weather that we are having at the moment. Only happens once every one hundread years.

And when Wales beat England like they did, so convinceingly. Wales only play like that every one hundread years. thumbsup

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:02 am

Late night Madge?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:10 am

majesticimperialman wrote:If we are going to be serious here. It as been said that the extreme weather that we are having at the moment. Only happens once every one hundread years.

And when Wales beat England like they did, so convinceingly. Wales only play like that every one hundread years. thumbsup

Headscratch

Must be hard for you to take then Madge, given that we've beaten you three times in a row and only played well once. I'd be gutted.

Maybe go and try wumming the Irish instead (as you have been doing). You never have any joy with the Welsh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next