The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster v Leinster

+34
Ledge the ledgebag
Pal Joey
Feckless Rogue
IanBru
Taffineastbourne
RDW
LondonTiger
Rory_Gallagher
The Great Aukster
Standulstermen
Notch
Submachine
Artful_Dodger
the-goon
debaters1
Kingshu
rodders
VinceWLB
Portnoy's Complaint
bazalicous
Gibson
Sin é
Thomond
gleesonisgod
profitius
BlueMuff
SecretFly
ME-109
red_stag
LeinsterFan4life
Mickado
pete (buachaill on eirne)
GunsGerms
Jenifer McLadyboy
38 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Munster v Leinster Empty Munster v Leinster

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 08 Apr 2013, 3:07 pm

The Leinster squad trained in UCD on Monday afternoon as attention switched back to the RaboDirect PRO12 and Saturday evening's interprovincial clash against Munster in Thomond Park (KO: 6.30pm)...

Brian O'Driscoll is available for selection after his unavailability in recent weeks and he could be joined by out-half Jonathan Sexton who has stepped up his rehabilitation in recent days after suffering a tear to a tendon in his foot last month.

With Shane Jennings in the frame after his late withdrawal from last Friday night's 48-28 Amlin Challenge Cup quarter final victory, the imminent return of the Ireland trio provides the squad with a major boost as they bid to secure a Play-off berth.

Fergus McFadden and Sean O'Brien completed their first full stint with the province after the Six Nations in High Wycombe in a game which also marked Mike Ross' first try of his professional career. Ian Madigan's 28-point haul has now taken him to 202 points in all competitions, in 26 games so far this season.

With the province's 'A' team booking a place in the British & Irish Cup semi finals on Sunday afternoon following their 30-26 victory over Bristol, Leinster will have two sides in action in the last weekend of April. There are no major injury concerns arising from that game though Andrew Boyle (knee) and Mark Flanagan (foot) will be assessed by the medical team this week after suffering knocks.

The Leinster team to face Munster will be named on Friday lunchtime.

Munster: F Jones; D Hurley, C Laulala, J Downey, S Zebo; I Keatley, C Murray; D Kilcoyne , D Varley, S Archer; Donncha O’Callaghan, P O’Connell capt; P O’Mahony, T O’Donnell , J Coughlan. Replacements: M Sherry, J Cronin, BJ Botha, B Holland, Dave O’Callaghan, C Sheridan, JJ Hanrahan, I Dineen.

LEINSTER:

15: Rob Kearney
14: Dave Kearney
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Isa Nacewa
10: Ian Madigan
9: Isaac Boss

1: Cian Healy
2: Sean Cronin
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Quinn Roux
6: Sean O'Brien
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Richardt Strauss
17: Jack McGrath
18: Michael Bent
19: Devin Toner
20: Kevin McLaughlin
21: John Cooney
22: Andrew Goodman
23: Andrew Conway

Last edited by Jenifer McLadyboy on Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Munster v Leinster Empty Re: Munster v Leinster

Post by GunsGerms Mon 08 Apr 2013, 3:12 pm

I doubt Sexton will start again for Leinster this season. Not because he isnt good but what is the point when Madigan is the main man now?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 08 Apr 2013, 3:20 pm

Sexton needs game time in case Mads gets hurt. Mads needs a bit of a rest.

Healy
Strauss
Ross
Cullen
Toner
McLaughlin
O'Brien
Heaslip

Boss
Madigan
Nacewa
D'Arcy
O'Driscoll
McFadden
R Kearney

Cronin
McGrath
Bent
Roux
Jennings
Cooney
Sexton
D Kearney

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon 08 Apr 2013, 3:40 pm

That is probably the team I'd go for too Jenny.

Any news on the Munster lads? They have two days less to rest and their game was based around hitting things! Will Howlett be back also?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 08 Apr 2013, 4:07 pm

Would prefer Hagan and Conway over Bent and D Kearney on form, but since they're buggering off, I can see why we shouldn't lean on them too much. Strong team though!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon 08 Apr 2013, 5:25 pm

There is a serious claim now for Ruddock to start ahead of McLaughlin. Ruddock has been great all season imo. Every time he starts or comes of the bench he has been really good. Whereas McLaughlin hasn't been anywhere near last years form.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 08 Apr 2013, 9:26 pm

I suspect cotton wool will be the order of the day for Munster. Not going to make playoff and got a Heineken Cup game in three weeks.

I expect Leinster to win easily.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 08 Apr 2013, 9:33 pm

red_stag wrote:I suspect cotton wool will be the order of the day for Munster. Not going to make playoff and got a Heineken Cup game in three weeks.

Your lips to god's ears. (As they say in America) Oh no! It's the old "false sense of security" trick Sad

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon 08 Apr 2013, 9:52 pm

Walkover for the l'boys. Its going to be the B&I cup team against you. Who cares , enjoy the win

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 08 Apr 2013, 10:08 pm

Oh I think Schmidt will find some game time for Sexton before the season finishes.

I think he regards Sexton highly and -well, if it turns out they're BOTH coincidently leaving Leinster at the same time!!! - I think Schmidt will not overlook Sexton completely. Sexton had an influencial part in taking Schmidt to Leinster in the first place so I'm sure he'll get his bowing-out moment.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 09 Apr 2013, 8:57 am

red_stag wrote:I suspect cotton wool will be the order of the day for Munster. Not going to make playoff and got a Heineken Cup game in three weeks.

Wow I didn't expect this I have to say! What team do you reckon you will be putting out?

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 09 Apr 2013, 8:59 am

LeinsterFan4life wrote:There is a serious claim now for Ruddock to start ahead of McLaughlin. Ruddock has been great all season imo. Every time he starts or comes of the bench he has been really good. Whereas McLaughlin hasn't been anywhere near last years form.

Really? I didn't think that was the case. I thought Ruddock has been poor enough this season up until the last few weeks.
You know that new analysis that Sky used at the weekend comparing two players using graphs, I'd love to see that for McLaughlin and Ruddock in this sort of situation

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:03 am

Heineken semi final only three weeks away (just wanted to get that in) but this is Munster v Leinster and a massive game on that basis alone. Some players will be rested but everybody is on a a high and we need to continue to build confidence. Munster win

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:16 am

BlueMuff wrote:Heineken semi final only three weeks away (just wanted to get that in) but this is Munster v Leinster and a massive game on that basis alone. Some players will be rested but everybody is on a a high and we need to continue to build confidence. Munster win

I was going to say, it is the biggest derby in Irish rugby if Penny decided to send out the B&I Cup Team I would imagine you'd have a lot of bog-men moaning that the Kiwi doesn't understand their 'culture' and 'history' etc.

It would be very disappointing if this game wasn't fully contested by both sides

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:21 am

DOD wrote:Walkover for the l'boys. Its going to be the B&I cup team against you. Who cares , enjoy the win

Thats the spirit. Sure you'd probably get smashed either way so you might as well admit defeat beforehand.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 09 Apr 2013, 11:13 am

Kilcoyne-Sherry-Archer
DOC-POC
POM-Butler-Stander
Murray-ROG
Downey-LLL
Zebo-Jones-Howlett

Does that sound about right? Resting a few lads there (Botha, Ryan, TOD, Coughlan)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 09 Apr 2013, 11:43 am

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:
Resting a few lads there (Botha, Ryan, TOD, Coughlan)
I don't think they will rest many. The only games they have after this in the League are Dragons and Zebras away.

They have Zero chance of a playoff place. So the Clermont game will be their ONLY focus. They will be up for this as it is the only high level game they will have before Clermont. Plus they don't like losing to us at home.

Only fly in the ointment is the short 6 day turnaround compared to our 8 day one. That will take any player out who is carrying a knock.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 09 Apr 2013, 11:47 am

They'll play...but Paul will be off the plane to Australia again Wink

He's on and off that plane quicker than the cleaning staff.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 09 Apr 2013, 11:48 am

Ryan looked like he was pretty uncomfortable. Will they be issuing a statement the way Leinster do? Their game was also hugely physical

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Tue 09 Apr 2013, 1:24 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:There is a serious claim now for Ruddock to start ahead of McLaughlin. Ruddock has been great all season imo. Every time he starts or comes of the bench he has been really good. Whereas McLaughlin hasn't been anywhere near last years form.

Really? I didn't think that was the case. I thought Ruddock has been poor enough this season up until the last few weeks.
You know that new analysis that Sky used at the weekend comparing two players using graphs, I'd love to see that for McLaughlin and Ruddock in this sort of situation
Ive just been really impressed with him this season. He could have moved last season and I would like to see his loyalty rewarded.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Tue 09 Apr 2013, 2:41 pm

Whatever about team selection, Munster will be emotionally and physically drained.

On the plus side the win will have given the squad some confidence.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 09 Apr 2013, 7:44 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:

Ive just been really impressed with him this season. He could have moved last season and I would like to see his loyalty rewarded.

Hmmm, personally I see it as you are either playing well or not and nothing else really comes into it unless you are making others around you play poorly.
I think he has started playing well enough now but Jordi Murphy was in great form before he broke his hand and I think would be ahead of Ruddock in the pecking order

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Tue 09 Apr 2013, 7:51 pm

Im not picking Ruddock on that basis. Locky has not been at his brilliant best lately and Ruddock has been playing well.

I only said there was a claim for him to start against Munster.Iocky is one of my favourite players at Leinster and it will be only a matter of time before he regains that form.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by gleesonisgod Tue 09 Apr 2013, 8:03 pm

Just on the point of Leinster backrows, suuuurely one or two will have to move.

We have 4 good Heineken standard players with Ruddock, Murphy, and Ryan all ready to step up to that level IMO. Yes the ones who do not make the HC match day squads will get some game time in the Rabo and on international breaks but that won't be enough.

With Ryan and Murphy just given new contracts, does that mean that one or two of Jennings, Ruddock, and Locky, will move on?

gleesonisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:05 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
DOD wrote:Walkover for the l'boys. Its going to be the B&I cup team against you. Who cares , enjoy the win

Thats the spirit. Sure you'd probably get smashed either way so you might as well admit defeat beforehand.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was the junior B team. We haven't a hope either way..

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:11 pm

Munster won't be going all guns blazing as you would expect. Leinster should win and win well. I'm hoping to see Keatley get some game time against a strong enough side though, let's see how he runs that backline.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:16 pm

Looks like Earls is back (if you look at the Munster training pics today). No sign of Dougie though. D Ryan trained.

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/739531/

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:21 pm

Thomond wrote:Munster won't be going all guns blazing as you would expect. Leinster should win and win well. I'm hoping to see Keatley get some game time against a strong enough side though, let's see how he runs that backline.

And loses us the game

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:29 pm

I would go with ROG for the Clermont game simply because he actually played pretty well on Sunday, kicked accurately and well out of hand, had two horror kicks (I'm wondering how people would have reacted had Keatley missed them) but recovered well. He attacked the gainline at times, not enough for me (interesting how Woody mentioned this straight after on Newstalk, but ROG seems to escape criticism here and arguably in other areas). Munster's pack won't beat Clermont, I don't think I have seen anyone dominate them this year in the Heineken Cup, they need something else, they need to offer a threat in the backs, can ROG do that? He better show us because our forwards aren't going to be enough to win that game.

I though that if the forwards put up a great display a Harlequins win wasn't out of the question and they did just that, Clermont are an entirely different animal though.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 10 Apr 2013, 12:40 am

Munster to play a weakened side v Leinster? At Thomond Porc?

Yer havin a giraffe Jon.

They badly need this win, or at least to compete with the European Champs, if only to prove Quins wasnt an anomoly in an otherwise shoite season.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:37 pm

Last home game of the season? A chance to butt heads with Leinster? A chance to not lose at home....In front of the brave and the faithful?

We're not buying this underdog sh1t. What ever team starts will be hyped up ti fock to lash the ladys out of it.

We'll just have to front up and sing "Limerick your my lady b1tch" again Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 11:28 pm

You can sing it in the LD Vans trophy semi if it feels better. Maybe if we learned French and join in the Clermont version. Les ladyboys vous etes ons putains...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by bazalicous Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:13 am

I'd like to see Dom Ryan at 7 with SOB at 6.

bazalicous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:14 am

Jennings at 7, SOB at 6.

Jenno always seems to play well against the turnips.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by bazalicous Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:27 am

Haha Turnips. Deadly.

bazalicous

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:34 am

bazalicous wrote:I'd like to see Dom Ryan at 7 with SOB at 6.

Me too though I would be more than happy with Jenno.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Thu 11 Apr 2013, 5:36 pm

[quote="Jenifer McLadyboy"]
That'll be music to the ears of franglo negotiators.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Thu 11 Apr 2013, 6:10 pm

Last home game of the season for Munster and against their historic rival, it would be a disgrace and not respectfull to their (great) fans if Munster doesn't field as close to a full strenght team as possible.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Thu 11 Apr 2013, 6:13 pm

Marcus Horan has just announced his retirement. I wonder will he make an appearance.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:57 pm

DOD wrote:You can sing it in the LD Vans trophy semi if it feels better. Maybe if we learned French and join in the Clermont version. Les ladyboys vous etes ons putains...

Laugh guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 12 Apr 2013, 9:56 am

BOD staying one more year!!!!

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:00 am

LeinsterFan4life wrote:BOD staying one more year!!!!

Confirmed?? Erm
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:22 am

As good as confirmed, from a "source" on another site.

Happy fuggin days!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:26 am

I knew it! Expect Schmidt to be announced as Ireland coach soon then ... Whistle

On another note was listening to O'Connell on RTE 2fm yesterday...soundslike he's going to batter yous lads ..... Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:43 am

LeinsterFan4life wrote:BOD staying one more year!!!!

Is Darcy going to push his wheelchair?

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:49 am

Never doubted Bod would give Leinster an extra year, question is will he keep playing international rugby?

There was a point brought up that players cannot retire from internation rugby at provinces and had to be willing to be called up, as per central or provinicial contracts would stipulate.

Maybe if BoD retires from international rugby, but wants to play for leinster he woould count as one of your NIQ players?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 12 Apr 2013, 11:02 am

I would say two things have happened:

1 Schmidt has accepted the Ireland job
2 Gatland has told BOD he won't touring

Obviously this is just speculation at this stage but I expect this will become apparant soon ...... Cool
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:01 pm

I think you're half right Rodders...

This is just a rumour on a MB lads. Bod himself has said he won't make his mind up until July.

Look at how sure people were that Luke was gone to Munster

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:15 pm

Munsterrugby.ie

Four changes for Munster, from the side that started against Harlequins, for tomorrow's RaboDirect PRO12 clash with Leinster at Thomond Park Stadium, the most noticeable one at out-half where Ian Keatley gets the nod ahead of Ronan O'Gara.

That’s the only change in the backline while up front Donncha O’Callaghan partners Paul O’Connell and Damien Varley and Stephen Archer start ahead of Mike Sherry and BJ Botha respectively, both named on a bench that sees James Cronin included for the first time and Dave O'Callaghan back in the match day squad for the first time since late December.

Munster: F Jones;
D Hurley, C Laulala, J Downey, S Zebo;
I Keatley, C Murray;
D Kilcoyne , D Varley, S Archer;
Donncha O’Callaghan, P O’Connell capt;
P O’Mahony, T O’Donnell , J Coughlan.

Replacements: M Sherry, J Cronin, BJ Botha, B Holland, Dave O’Callaghan, C Sheridan, I Dineen.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by debaters1 Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:18 pm

Ok, Regarding BOD and the Central Contract. Surely he has the option of NOT taking a central contract, but "just" taking a reduced offer from Leinster, ergo he could retire himself from Int rugby but lose out on a final year of big money in respect of a Central contract.

Now, he is unlikely to do that of course, so Schmidt will most likely, if he is to get the job, continue selecting him and thus BOD will have one more year on €350k.

As for the Lions tour. Hmm, you could be right there Rodders but I'd hope that Gatland would take him. We shall see!

debaters1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next