The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster v Leinster

+34
Ledge the ledgebag
Pal Joey
Feckless Rogue
IanBru
Taffineastbourne
RDW
LondonTiger
Rory_Gallagher
The Great Aukster
Standulstermen
Notch
Submachine
Artful_Dodger
the-goon
debaters1
Kingshu
rodders
VinceWLB
Portnoy's Complaint
bazalicous
Gibson
Sin é
Thomond
gleesonisgod
profitius
BlueMuff
SecretFly
ME-109
red_stag
LeinsterFan4life
Mickado
pete (buachaill on eirne)
GunsGerms
Jenifer McLadyboy
38 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Munster v Leinster - Page 2 Empty Munster v Leinster

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 08 Apr 2013, 3:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Leinster squad trained in UCD on Monday afternoon as attention switched back to the RaboDirect PRO12 and Saturday evening's interprovincial clash against Munster in Thomond Park (KO: 6.30pm)...

Brian O'Driscoll is available for selection after his unavailability in recent weeks and he could be joined by out-half Jonathan Sexton who has stepped up his rehabilitation in recent days after suffering a tear to a tendon in his foot last month.

With Shane Jennings in the frame after his late withdrawal from last Friday night's 48-28 Amlin Challenge Cup quarter final victory, the imminent return of the Ireland trio provides the squad with a major boost as they bid to secure a Play-off berth.

Fergus McFadden and Sean O'Brien completed their first full stint with the province after the Six Nations in High Wycombe in a game which also marked Mike Ross' first try of his professional career. Ian Madigan's 28-point haul has now taken him to 202 points in all competitions, in 26 games so far this season.

With the province's 'A' team booking a place in the British & Irish Cup semi finals on Sunday afternoon following their 30-26 victory over Bristol, Leinster will have two sides in action in the last weekend of April. There are no major injury concerns arising from that game though Andrew Boyle (knee) and Mark Flanagan (foot) will be assessed by the medical team this week after suffering knocks.

The Leinster team to face Munster will be named on Friday lunchtime.

Munster: F Jones; D Hurley, C Laulala, J Downey, S Zebo; I Keatley, C Murray; D Kilcoyne , D Varley, S Archer; Donncha O’Callaghan, P O’Connell capt; P O’Mahony, T O’Donnell , J Coughlan. Replacements: M Sherry, J Cronin, BJ Botha, B Holland, Dave O’Callaghan, C Sheridan, JJ Hanrahan, I Dineen.

LEINSTER:

15: Rob Kearney
14: Dave Kearney
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Isa Nacewa
10: Ian Madigan
9: Isaac Boss

1: Cian Healy
2: Sean Cronin
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Quinn Roux
6: Sean O'Brien
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Richardt Strauss
17: Jack McGrath
18: Michael Bent
19: Devin Toner
20: Kevin McLaughlin
21: John Cooney
22: Andrew Goodman
23: Andrew Conway

Last edited by Jenifer McLadyboy on Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Munster v Leinster - Page 2 Empty Re: Munster v Leinster

Post by debaters1 Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:20 pm

Prof,

is there a backssub missing there? Who is cover at 10? ROG or JJ? Would like to see JJ there myself.

debaters1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:36 pm

Its JJ.

Munster: F Jones; D Hurley, C Laulala, J Downey, S Zebo; I Keatley, C Murray; D Kilcoyne , D Varley, S Archer; Donncha O’Callaghan, P O’Connell capt; P O’Mahony, T O’Donnell , J Coughlan. Replacements: M Sherry, J Cronin, BJ Botha, B Holland, Dave O’Callaghan, C Sheridan, JJ Hanrahan, I Dineen.

Fair play to Penney getting all of the young lads out on the pitch.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:40 pm

Munster by 6.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:42 pm

Has James Cronin played for Munster before? Good to see Dave O'Callaghan and Hanrahan back.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by debaters1 Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:59 pm

Glad it is JJ too. Hopefully he'll get some time on the pitch as well. I mean, by October in Lansdowne (I'm assuming the Leinster v Munster match will have its usual berth) he could be the starting 10 and so needs every minute he can get, especially against quality opposition.

debaters1

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:59 pm

LEINSTER:

15: Rob Kearney
14: Dave Kearney
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Isa Nacewa
10: Ian Madigan
9: Isaac Boss

1: Cian Healy
2: Sean Cronin
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Quinn Roux
6: Sean O'Brien
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Richardt Strauss
17: Jack McGrath
18: Michael Bent
19: Devin Toner
20: Kevin McLaughlin
21: John Cooney
22: Andrew Goodman
23: Andrew Conway

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:21 pm

Hmmm seems we are going wide for this game considering we have Jennings, Roux and Cronin starting.

Surprised that McFadden hasn't made the squad, very surprised, is he injured.

Good team other than that. I would like to think that we'll take them in the scrum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:28 pm

ROG being protected from big bad Jamie Heaslip?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:34 pm

Oh fook thats some Leinster side! Shocked Not bad for the 3rd best province ..... Whistle ..... Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:36 pm

Mickado wrote:ROG being protected from big bad Jamie Heaslip?

The last time Big Bad Jamie and his perm threatened anyone was a long time ago...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:42 pm

rodders wrote:I would say two things have happened:

1 Schmidt has accepted the Ireland job
2 Gatland has told BOD he won't touring

Obviously this is just speculation at this stage but I expect this will become apparant soon ...... Cool

I think number 1 is enough for him to stay on. you forgot the last option 3. His last match was a loss to Italy. Cant end on a loss to Italy.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:44 pm

Yea, Jamie will be denied his one highlight of the year.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:45 pm

Sin é wrote:Its JJ.

Stop trying to make out like its some sort of Munster development side. Aside from Botha missing its probably Munster's best side with Howlett injured.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:48 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
rodders wrote:I would say two things have happened:

1 Schmidt has accepted the Ireland job
2 Gatland has told BOD he won't touring

Obviously this is just speculation at this stage but I expect this will become apparant soon ...... Cool

I think number 1 is enough for him to stay on. you forgot the last option 3. His last match was a loss to Italy. Cant end on a loss to Italy.

Why would he be pleased about Schmidt leaving Leinster? Don't think he will keep going for the next world cup so will have to be dropped in the near future (more than likely after the game against NZ in the autumn).

I'd say No. 3 would be to have a go at the ABs in the autumn more than anything else.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:49 pm

GunsGerms wrote:

Stop trying to make out like its some sort of Munster development side. Aside from Botha missing its probably Munster's best side with Howlett injured.

+1
and Ryan

Munster lads, what has happened to Stander? Is he injured? Is he just not as good as you thought he would be?

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:50 pm

Also, Sexton must have just missed out on this. Sucks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:52 pm

GunsGerms wrote:

Its not a Munster dev side - its a young side though. Big ask of Killer, POM & POD who played last Sunday. And putting a very inexperienced guy like Archer up against Healy/Ross.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:53 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

+1
and Ryan

Munster lads, what has happened to Stander? Is he injured? Is he just not as good as you thought he would be?

Well when you have POC back Ryan isnt much of a loss. Good point on Stander though. Must be injured.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:55 pm

Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Its not a Munster dev side - its a young side though. Big ask of Killer, POM & POD who played last Sunday. And putting a very inexperienced guy like Archer up against Healy/Ross.

Love the way over the course of this thread you have been getting in as many excuses as possible Sin. Face it youd love to win this one. Hcup semi or no Hcup semi.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:55 pm

Sin é wrote:

He's already had a cut off him this year, 30-21 in Lansdowne, he was captain that day too Cool

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:55 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Also, Sexton must have just missed out on this. Sucks.

Sexton is dead to me.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:03 pm

Mickado wrote:
Sin é wrote:

He's already had a cut off him this year, 30-21 in Lansdowne, he was captain that day too Cool

Man was it no Ferg who ran over ROG this year in the lead up to BOD's try?
Got the Leinster calander in the evening herald and it has a pic of Ferg runnings a little bent over. In the background you can see ROG's legs in the air.
Savage hit. That move isn't used enough at Leinster, was good to see if versus Wasps and against Scotland too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:08 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:

Nothing - other than circumstances
1. Couldn't be registered in the initial HC squad because he was registered to play in another league.
2. Coughlan got injured, was delisted because he wasn't expected to be fit, but had a miraculous recovery and had to be relisted for Dec HC games as Stander had just gone and broke his hand so he was not an option.
3. Couldn't register him before the QFs because Strings went to Bath and another SH had to be added and Earls/Luke O'Dea got injured and Dineen was added.
4. The young local lads (TOD) nailed down his spot.

5. Stander is on the Q&A Panel/RTE radio discussion pre-match thing.

Most of this info was given by Penny at a Q&A last week before the Quins game. The video of it is up on the Munster Supporters Facebook page.

Also, his wife to be gave an interview a few days ago back in SA talking about having got a swim coach in Limerick (she is a swimmer) as her husband to be plays rugby for Munster.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:10 pm

Given the team we are putting out I am expecting a close game. Hopefully if Keatley can keep the mistakes down we have a good chance of taking this by 5.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:11 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Also, Sexton must have just missed out on this. Sucks.

Sexton is dead to me.

Whatever about being dead to you, far more serious in that he is very close to being dead to Gatland.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:12 pm

DOD wrote:Given the team we are putting out I am expecting a close game. Hopefully if Keatley can keep the mistakes down we have a good chance of taking this by 5.

You don't have Duncan Williams to lose you a game anyway!

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:12 pm

Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Sexton is dead to me.

Whatever about being dead to you, far more serious in that he is very close to being dead to Gatland.

How so?

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:15 pm

This is a bit like Leinster A v Leinster B. Leinster will definitly win.

Not concerned re Sexton. He is already nailed on for the Lions.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:16 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Love the way over the course of this thread you have been getting in as many excuses as possible Sin. Face it youd love to win this one. Hcup semi or no Hcup semi.

So having a big game the previous week (7, not 6 days previous) was only an excuse for the 3 Rabo Final losses then?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:16 pm

Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

So having a big game the previous week (7, not 6 days previous) was only an excuse for the 3 Rabo Final losses then?

Laugh Whistle

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:20 pm

DOD wrote:
Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Sexton is dead to me.

How so?

Fitness - he hasn't played for 2 months now.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:20 pm

DOD wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
DOD wrote:Walkover for the l'boys. Its going to be the B&I cup team against you. Who cares , enjoy the win

Thats the spirit. Sure you'd probably get smashed either way so you might as well admit defeat beforehand.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was the junior B team. We haven't a hope either way..
DOD wrote:You can sing it in the LD Vans trophy semi if it feels better. Maybe if we learned French and join in the Clermont version. Les ladyboys vous etes ons putains...
DOD wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:BOD staying one more year!!!!

Is Darcy going to push his wheelchair?
DOD wrote:

The last time Big Bad Jamie and his perm threatened anyone was a long time ago...
DOD wrote:Given the team we are putting out I am expecting a close game. Hopefully if Keatley can keep the mistakes down we have a good chance of taking this by 5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7-3haPOlds

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:21 pm

Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Harlequins are hardly a big team. Maybe for Munster I suppose since they recently won in Thomond but not for top European sides.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:22 pm

...Good luck against Clermont. Youre gonna need it. Hammer time.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:23 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Harlequins are hardly a big team. Maybe for Munster I suppose since they recently won in Thomond but not for top European sides.

Bit like Clermont, Exeter etc no Euro pedigree only one championship win in 50+ years....poor old leinster losing out to the newboys.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:24 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

I said a big game, not a big team.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:25 pm

DOD wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Bit like Clermont, Exeter etc no Euro pedigree only one championship win in 50+ years....poor old leinster losing out to the newboys.

Dont remember Leinster losing to Exeter. Can you remind me when that was? Last time Leinster played them in Exeter it was a BP win.

As for Clermont Leinster beat them in France in 2012. We shall see how Munster do in France.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:33 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
DOD wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Dont remember Leinster losing to Exeter. Can you remind me when that was? Last time Leinster played them in Exeter it was a BP win.

As for Clermont Leinster beat them in France in 2012. We shall see how Munster do in France.

If you managed a bonus point win against Exeter at home, Leinster would now be heading off to Montpelier more than likely for a Hcup Semi. I'm sure you would have enjoyed knocking us out Smile
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:38 pm

The Amlin is the new Heineken cup year this year anyway. The three most decorated teams of all time were involved in the Amlin. Indeed there are more Hcup finalists and winners left in the Amlin than in the Hcup right now. Plus the final is in the RDS. It was just a cunning ploy.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:46 pm

Seems like the end of an era alright....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:48 pm

DOD wrote:Seems like the end of an era alright....

Ah you'll get a few more games out of ROG yet.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:49 pm

Fla says it best:

Brian O'Driscoll ‏@BrianODriscoll 7 Apr
Great weekends rugby. Some huge team & individual performances! #AmlinthenewHeino?!

Jerry Flannery ‏@jerryflannery 7 Apr
@BrianODriscoll Agree 100% Brian. Always predicted the Amlin would get huge, it's already massive in Romania
#HeinekenCupIsThePoorMansAmlin

@jerryflannery finally some clarification.

@BrianODriscoll I'm seriously considering pulling out the Heineken taps in the pub and selling Amlin insurance instead
#MuttonIsTheNewLamb
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:49 pm

Shame he isnt playing on Saturday. Thats always fun.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:51 pm

Sin é wrote:Fla says it best:

Great weekends rugby. Some huge team & individual performances! #AmlinthenewHeino?!

@BrianODriscoll Agree 100% Brian. Always predicted the Amlin would get huge, it's already massive in Romania
#HeinekenCupIsThePoorMansAmlin

@jerryflannery finally some clarification.

@BrianODriscoll I'm seriously considering pulling out the Heineken taps in the pub and selling Amlin insurance instead
#MuttonIsTheNewLamb

Flannery would be better suited to selling horses in Smithfield with the head on him.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:59 pm

That's what I like about the blue rinsed brigade....the minute they start losing the arguments the personal insults begin....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 12 Apr 2013, 3:03 pm

DOD wrote:That's what I like about the blue rinsed brigade....the minute they start losing the arguments the personal insults begin....

Sherrupp you ya bollix.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 12 Apr 2013, 3:06 pm

Laugh

Classic Mickado.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 12 Apr 2013, 3:22 pm

55,370 views and climbing. It's a classic
Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDNcbcSq3pQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Fri 12 Apr 2013, 3:22 pm

Two good teams named. Set up to be a great game. Big test for Roux up against DOC and POC. Can see Madigan getting some joy down the 10/12 channel. Would actually like to see Downey smash him with a hit like he made against Brown just to see how he reacts. He looks so small compared to everyone else. Even with the shoulder pads he's just so narrow.
Kilcoyne and Archer against Healy and Ross looks like a mismatch although Cian looks like he's struggled with his bind recently with all the fingers taped together looks like a lobstrosity. Hope Keatley has a good game, started the season very well and has been pretty much ignored at 10 since.
Leinster in the scrum. Munster by miles at the lineout. If possession is equal I'd expect Leinsters backline to do a lot of damage. Particularly Lou and Andy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyV7-_Z5Q7Y&feature=player_detailpage

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 12 Apr 2013, 3:32 pm

Submachine wrote:Two good teams named. Set up to be a great game. Big test for Roux up against DOC and POC. Can see Madigan getting some joy down the 10/12 channel. Would actually like to see Downey smash him with a hit like he made against Brown just to see how he reacts. He looks so small compared to everyone else. Even with the shoulder pads he's just so narrow.
Kilcoyne and Archer against Healy and Ross looks like a mismatch although Cian looks like he's struggled with his bind recently with all the fingers taped together looks like a lobstrosity. Hope Keatley has a good game, started the season very well and has been pretty much ignored at 10 since.
Leinster in the scrum. Munster by miles at the lineout. If possession is equal I'd expect Leinsters backline to do a lot of damage. Particularly Lou and Andy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyV7-_Z5Q7Y&feature=player_detailpage

Madigan is very stocky. According to wiki (terrible source I know) he is the same weight as Sexton and 5'11 which isnt that small. Taller than Dan Carter and Aaron Cruden.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next