The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster v Leinster

+34
Ledge the ledgebag
Pal Joey
Feckless Rogue
IanBru
Taffineastbourne
RDW
LondonTiger
Rory_Gallagher
The Great Aukster
Standulstermen
Notch
Submachine
Artful_Dodger
the-goon
debaters1
Kingshu
rodders
VinceWLB
Portnoy's Complaint
bazalicous
Gibson
Sin é
Thomond
gleesonisgod
profitius
BlueMuff
SecretFly
ME-109
red_stag
LeinsterFan4life
Mickado
pete (buachaill on eirne)
GunsGerms
Jenifer McLadyboy
38 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Munster v Leinster - Page 8 Empty Munster v Leinster

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 08 Apr 2013, 3:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Leinster squad trained in UCD on Monday afternoon as attention switched back to the RaboDirect PRO12 and Saturday evening's interprovincial clash against Munster in Thomond Park (KO: 6.30pm)...

Brian O'Driscoll is available for selection after his unavailability in recent weeks and he could be joined by out-half Jonathan Sexton who has stepped up his rehabilitation in recent days after suffering a tear to a tendon in his foot last month.

With Shane Jennings in the frame after his late withdrawal from last Friday night's 48-28 Amlin Challenge Cup quarter final victory, the imminent return of the Ireland trio provides the squad with a major boost as they bid to secure a Play-off berth.

Fergus McFadden and Sean O'Brien completed their first full stint with the province after the Six Nations in High Wycombe in a game which also marked Mike Ross' first try of his professional career. Ian Madigan's 28-point haul has now taken him to 202 points in all competitions, in 26 games so far this season.

With the province's 'A' team booking a place in the British & Irish Cup semi finals on Sunday afternoon following their 30-26 victory over Bristol, Leinster will have two sides in action in the last weekend of April. There are no major injury concerns arising from that game though Andrew Boyle (knee) and Mark Flanagan (foot) will be assessed by the medical team this week after suffering knocks.

The Leinster team to face Munster will be named on Friday lunchtime.

Munster: F Jones; D Hurley, C Laulala, J Downey, S Zebo; I Keatley, C Murray; D Kilcoyne , D Varley, S Archer; Donncha O’Callaghan, P O’Connell capt; P O’Mahony, T O’Donnell , J Coughlan. Replacements: M Sherry, J Cronin, BJ Botha, B Holland, Dave O’Callaghan, C Sheridan, JJ Hanrahan, I Dineen.

LEINSTER:

15: Rob Kearney
14: Dave Kearney
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Isa Nacewa
10: Ian Madigan
9: Isaac Boss

1: Cian Healy
2: Sean Cronin
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Quinn Roux
6: Sean O'Brien
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Richardt Strauss
17: Jack McGrath
18: Michael Bent
19: Devin Toner
20: Kevin McLaughlin
21: John Cooney
22: Andrew Goodman
23: Andrew Conway

Last edited by Jenifer McLadyboy on Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Munster v Leinster - Page 8 Empty Re: Munster v Leinster

Post by Mickado Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:02 am

Standulstermen wrote:That was lovely alright Mick, and his kicking is top notch. Had the wit to know when not to take it on too. I just thought keatley showed plenty and in fairness to him the munster forwards seemed incapable of going through more than 2/3 phases at the end. They just ran out of puff.

I agree that Keatley did direct play well. Had ROG been on maybe Munster could have exploited their lineout dominance a bit more but Leinster's maul defense was pretty good so it might not have had such a big bearing on the game.

Agree with Stag that Zebo was fantastic and Kearney wasn't great, although i thought he took his try well Smile

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 15 Apr 2013, 7:33 pm

Hookisms and Hyperbole wrote:Christ almighty lads, you never learn. All the criticisms of Kidney playing people out of position and some of you do exactly the same thing. Zebo is a fantastic talent, he could possibly be a world class winger. So here's what's been proposed- shove him at fullback? That's just utterly moronic. Even if Zebo becomes a good international fullback, even a very good one, he could and will be an outstanding winger. Square pegs into square holes. If Zebo is going to be 15 for Munster then fantastic- if not then it just continues the errors and fallacies that some posters, the very same heading the Kidney out queue, bemoaned about national selection. If Kearney returns to form great. If not we look at someone playing 15 consistently. Jones has (unfortunately as I'm a fan) been poor. Henshaw might be worth a look. Do we really want to blunt Zebo shoving him into a position where he might be passable but less effective (aka Keith Earlsitis) when they already excel in one position?

Certain players made their careers by changing positions to one that actually ended up suiting them even more. Kieran Read for example, an out and out blindside flanker, moving to 8.

The reason Zebo suits 15 (apart from playing wonderfully there for Ireland) is his huge boot, fantastic ability under the high ball, and what he can do with space. I don't think he would be blunted at all, but potentially sharpened. I genuinely think 15 could be his best position, judging by his strengths and performances there for Ireland.

EDIT: As for Henshaw, I would still love to see him play at 13 again. For obvious reasons. Unless Griffin lives up to his potential.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8