The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, Scotstoun, Friday 19 April, 19:35 hrs

+51
EST
mikey_philVIII
Captain_Sensible
pioden gorllewin
furra_linee
Dorothy_Mantooth
tigertattie
monty junior
Glas a du
sirBiggles
Shifty
Imperialbigdave
MacKnocked-on
Artful_Dodger
Taffineastbourne
BigTrevsbigmac
Tramptastic
LeinsterFan4life
MarcusHalberstram
doctornickolas
t1000advancedprototype
wales606
bsando
GLove39
Cari
TJ1
flyhalffactory
glamorganalun
Breadvan
Pat_Mustard
tatterd
mrzimmerman
cakeordeath
Manky-Flanker
IanBru
asoreleftshoulder
Notch
RuggerRadge2611
Jenifer McLadyboy
funnyExiledScot
VinceWLB
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
RDW
jimbopip
DrTreasure
LordDowlais
reallybored
George Carlin
maestegmafia
21st Century Schizoid Man
55 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, Scotstoun, Friday 19 April, 19:35 hrs  - Page 11 Empty Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, Scotstoun, Friday 19 April, 19:35 hrs

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Oh well after the disaster on Friday in Llanelli we need a huge performance from The Warriors against a tough team. Do Jackson and Pyrgos carry the can for Friday or does Toonie stick to his guns - how is that for a mixed metaphor ?

My team :-
Hogg
Maitland
DTH

Matawalu
Weir
Horne
Dunbar

Grant
MacArthur
Welsh

Swinson
Kellock
Strauss
Barclay
Wilson

Bench: Low, Hall, Harley, Slamont, Pyrgos, Reid, Ryder, Jackson

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, Scotstoun, Friday 19 April, 19:35 hrs  - Page 11 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, Scotstoun, Friday 19 April, 19:35 hrs

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:42 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:
mikey_philVIII wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:I knew Glasgow couldn't have actually beaten the Ospreys. I knew something had to be up.

I'm sure had you had your real team on the pitch Glasgow would have lost, just like earlier in the season.

Nevermind - the moral victory is all yours.

Despite the forward passes, which if called wouldn't have made much difference to the result Glasgow were good for the win and deserve a home play-off. Why come out with this unnecessary tripe? If the results were the other way around we wouldn't still be discussing it, I guess when you get one over on the welsh you have to drag it on a bit given the scarcity of such a result?

Had a bit of a lunchtime sesh eh ? The scarcity of one over The Welsh??? WTF have you been drinking. That is 3/4 v Ospreys and 4/4 v Dragons - admittedly 1/4 v Scarlets in the last 2 seasons. I make that 8/12 - really quite scarce eh Shocked Stop doggin school and do your sums like a good boy !

Defo one of my favourite typos ever (or was it? Headscratch ) Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, Scotstoun, Friday 19 April, 19:35 hrs  - Page 11 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys, Scotstoun, Friday 19 April, 19:35 hrs

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:43 pm

mikey_philVIII wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:I knew Glasgow couldn't have actually beaten the Ospreys. I knew something had to be up.

I'm sure had you had your real team on the pitch Glasgow would have lost, just like earlier in the season.

Despite the forward passes, which if called wouldn't have made much difference to the result Glasgow were good for the win and deserve a home play-off. Why come out with this unnecessary tripe? If the results were the other way around we wouldn't still be discussing it, I guess when you get one over on the welsh you have to drag it on a bit given the scarcity of such a result?

Mikey - I was responding to the typically ungracious suggestion that Glasgow only won because the Ospreys were missing some first choice backs.

It seems like no Scottish side can ever win without the opposition pointing to mitigating factors, which is a tad unsporting.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Confirmed that Graeme Morrison is retiring at the end of the season too on medical advice - another fantastic servant to the Warriors. clap will Rory Lamont be next?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Yep - well done G-Dog. Given the caps and games played at the highest level, it can certainly be said that you worked tirelessly and maximised your talent. Plenty more gifted individuals achieved a lot less.

I think we can safely assume that Rory Lamont has been ignoring medical advice for a long time now....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Imperialbigdave wrote:
jimbopip wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Leinster's result means that if we lose to Connacht we're away to Leinster. Whereas if we win at Connacht we're probably away to Leinster.
If we beat Leinster and Ulster lose their semi, who get to host the final?
In the words of NWA. You Muddahfukkah!
Oh, Oh what is occurrin'? Jenifer, why are you swearing at me? Or is it some Tarantinoesque in-joke I don't get? Mind you I don't get his films either. The most over rated pile of insubstantial fluff since, well Phil Godman.

NWA= Kids hippity hoppity band.
IBD, yes I know all about the Northern Workingmen's Association and their banging tunes like Smack up my (whippet) bitch, but what I cannot fathom is Jenifer's sudden lapse into pottymouth speak. Is it the thought of facing a rejuvenated G-Dog which is provoking such over compensating posturing?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:52 pm

I had really hoped that we would be hearing of the SRU backtracking and offering Barcs another contract. I wouldn't have said that a few months ago, but his form since his injury has been excellent. How many internationals have departed Glasgow coming into their prime over the past few years?

Glasgow will certainly need a like for like replacement - one 7, in Fusaro, isn't enough. Do we have any kids/club players coming though the ranks that could be fast tracked? Or how do our Edinburgh brethren feel about a bit of a swap? We could give you Nick Campbell for Hamish Watson?

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:58 pm

Hmmm, how about Nick Campbell, Matawalu and Maitland for Hamish Watson?

I think Watson is world class, the next McCaw.......[cough]......

Actually Campbell for Watson is a sensible suggestion. Far too sensible for the SRU to contemplate...

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:02 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Hmmm, how about Nick Campbell, Matawalu and Maitland for Hamish Watson?

I think Watson is world class, the next McCaw.......[cough]......

Actually Campbell for Watson is a sensible suggestion. Far too sensible for the SRU to contemplate...

i'll have a think about that one fEs... Campbell getting virtually no pro game time this season, while Edinburgh have been crying out for a big ball carrying lock, and playing a NSQ player in Parker, has been one of my constant annoyances this season.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Morrison is a one dimensional player, however I applaud his commitment and his work rate and heart could never really be questioned.

Not a great player but he played his limited hand very well and has been a great servant for Scotland and the soap dodgers.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:09 pm

No chance! Campbell is definitely one for the future at Glasgow. Wink Hands off!

I think Vernon will likely feature at 7 in the absence of a new 7 being signed. I actually thought he did well at 7 for Glasgow in seasons past.

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:10 pm

Imperialbigdave wrote:
jimbopip wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Leinster's result means that if we lose to Connacht we're away to Leinster. Whereas if we win at Connacht we're probably away to Leinster.
Oh, Oh what is occurrin'? Jenifer, why are you swearing at me? Or is it some Tarantinoesque in-joke I don't get? Mind you I don't get his films either. The most over rated pile of insubstantial fluff since, well Phil Godman.

Jeez Dave you are nearly as old as me.
That album was 25 years ago. Any of the "Kids" that were listening have got to be at least 40 now. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Don't be a chuff!
Posters were hoping for the Ospreys become a decent side again and I merely pointed out why they underperformed(entire backline missing) If I point out facts that help give perspective I apologise. picard

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:16 pm

Didn't mean anything by it. Just quoting that track. "aww, those punk ass n&*$rs are at it again. I wonder who dey shootin at this time?"

"You muddahfukkah"

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:17 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Imperialbigdave wrote:
jimbopip wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

Jeez Dave you are nearly as old as me.
That album was 25 years ago. Any of the "Kids" that were listening have got to be at least 40 now. Smile

Alas! Im afraid to tell you that I was only using speech that any old timers would understand. I am but young whippersnapper myself.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:23 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:

Don't be a chuff!
Posters were hoping for the Ospreys become a decent side again and I merely pointed out why they underperformed(entire backline missing) If I point out facts that help give perspective I apologise. picard

Apology accepted.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:26 pm

OK.Be a chuff if you want to.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:31 pm

Manky-Flanker wrote:No chance! Campbell is definitely one for the future at Glasgow. Wink Hands off!

I think Vernon will likely feature at 7 in the absence of a new 7 being signed. I actually thought he did well at 7 for Glasgow in seasons past.

I agree. I think that Vernon will turn out quite well for Glasgow next season, particularly given their open style of play. He's got the pace to track breaks and can finish off moves which few back rowers can match. He may not be the most powerful forward on the circuit, but in a fast and loose game he's an excellent player.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:33 pm

Thank god we will be playing Iirsh opposition the next few games. The Southern Celtic brethern (Dragons/Scarlets notably excepted) on here really are tiresome bores.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:30 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Confirmed that Graeme Morrison is retiring at the end of the season too on medical advice - another fantastic servant to the Warriors. clap will Rory Lamont be next?

Where is this confirmation? I can't find anything about it anywhere.

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:33 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Thank god we will be playing Iirsh opposition the next few games. The Southern Celtic brethern (Dragons/Scarlets notably excepted) on here really are tiresome bores.

Oh please. You lot always blame the refs. Even when you get drubbed you bring up an irrelevant decision that went against your team. And I'm a dragons fan btw.

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:38 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:

Don't be a chuff!

Apology accepted.

Ospreys should have recruited to get a backline but they didn't and the lack of tries is the price.

FES, I thought he was just making a point. I didn't think he labeled that as the reason for ospreys capitulation. Also, as a rabo fan can I just stress how good it is to see a scottish club do well. I'd like to see the form replicated in the European competition next season and I'm certain you would too Smile.

Last edited by mikey_philVIII on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:38 pm

mikey_philVIII wrote:
21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Thank god we will be playing Iirsh opposition the next few games. The Southern Celtic brethern (Dragons/Scarlets notably excepted) on here really are tiresome bores.

Oh please. You lot always blame the refs. Even when you get drubbed you bring up an irrelevant decision that went against your team. And I'm a dragons fan btw.

When there's fifty-seven points involved then it's pretty difficult to blame the ref entirely, Glasgow, on the other hand, being a proper rugby team invariably finish a lot closer to the opposition and small decisions by the referee normally have a massive effect on the game. Having said that the defeat to Llanelli was one in which Glasgow were very poor and the Scarlets were very good and deserved to win as they comprehensively outplayed us however there were some pretty awful refereeing decisions which significantly aided the Scarlets just as on Friday when there were some pretty obvious forward passes which allowed Glasgow to pull away.

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Finally from me - well done the G-Dog. clap As per above a thoroughly honest rugby player and all round bloody good bloke. 8 and a bit years ago when the MFLs were flying high (for them !) they came to our first game at Firhill as firm favourites and thanks to Graeme Morrison (22), Johnny Beattie (19) and John Barclay(19) we hammered them (also thanks to Colin Gregor's imperious kicking). G-Dog scored a try but also hammered the Edinburgh midfield into submission - I recall chin a bout of afters between him and Fatty Jacobsen, which the ref waded into.

Sad to see him go and his fellow Dollar pupil Barcs too. 2 bloody good guys clap

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:35 pm

+1 from an Embra fan.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by DrTreasure Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:28 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Confirmed that Graeme Morrison is retiring at the end of the season too on medical advice - another fantastic servant to the Warriors. clap will Rory Lamont be next?

Medical advice? Whoever this doctor is we should get him involved in the Scotland set up. The man clearly knows his rugby!

(This is, I admit, a bitter comment after being run over several times when a youngster playing full back against him. I wish him the best of luck too!)

DrTreasure

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:23 am

mikey_philVIII wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:

Don't be a chuff!

Apology accepted.

Ospreys should have recruited to get a backline but they didn't and the lack of tries is the price.

Smile.
Mikey,I know it is the O's fault.Some Scots fellas wanted thevO's to up their game and wondered why they were not playing well.They are not used to being competitivevandbgetba bit over exited.After 30 years of dross you can understand.Anyway we can look forward to the clash of thevtitansvwhen the mighty Edinburgh take on the equally mighty Dragons on Saturday!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:09 am

Hitting the v and b key on your phone there and missing the spacebar. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:10 am

What I don't understand is why Welsh (and it does seem to be mainly non-Os fans) are being so quick to blame the backs for Friday evening's spanking? As far as I could tell, it was the pack that was completely outmuscled, both in the set piece and at the breakdown. Not much any backline can do about that?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:12 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Hitting the v and b key on your phone there and missing the spacebar. Smile

Perhaps the poor lamb is bgettingbabitoervexcited?!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:26 am

Pat_Mustard wrote:

Where is this confirmation? I can't find anything about it anywhere.

He tweeted it out apparently. Was also saying the same on Friday night after the game.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:27 am

Manky-Flanker wrote:No chance! Campbell is definitely one for the future at Glasgow. Wink Hands off!

Was in the paper that Jersey from the English Championship are in talks to sign him.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:35 am

Wouldn't do the going lad any harm to get a year's rugby in the Championship under his belt imo

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:17 am

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:

Was in the paper that Jersey from the English Championship are in talks to sign him.

Thats very odd, the young guy was only given a pro contract in January! He has always done well in the games he has been involved in - surely this must be a temporary loan for experience. The question then becomes why is the experience at Ayr not deemed sufficient for an up and coming player?

...and if it is a permanent move, well..... mad

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:33 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:What I don't understand is why Welsh (and it does seem to be mainly non-Os fans) are being so quick to blame the backs for Friday evening's spanking? As far as I could tell, it was the pack that was completely outmuscled, both in the set piece and at the breakdown. Not much any backline can do about that?
If you had seen the game you might remember Hibbard going off injured.Something to ponder.May be this was a factor.What do you reckon?

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:54 am

Manky-Flanker wrote:
Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:

Thats very odd, the young guy was only given a pro contract in January! He has always done well in the games he has been involved in - surely this must be a temporary loan for experience. The question then becomes why is the experience at Ayr not deemed sufficient for an up and coming player?

...and if it is a permanent move, well..... mad

Its only been reported in the papers, so obviously not 100% fact at this point.

He did turn pro in Jan 13, but it was not Townsend who gave him this contract. He signed the deal last year, first part he was on the EDP books and in 2013 he turned Pro.

Since Toonie has come in he Campbell has rarely featured, only being used when there has been nobody else. He has slipped behind Gray in the 2nd Row pecking order and Harley and Eddie have featured at Lock this season before him.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:58 am

Taffineastbourne wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:What I don't understand is why Welsh (and it does seem to be mainly non-Os fans) are being so quick to blame the backs for Friday evening's spanking? As far as I could tell, it was the pack that was completely outmuscled, both in the set piece and at the breakdown. Not much any backline can do about that?
If you had seen the game you might remember Hibbard going off injured.Something to ponder.May be this was a factor.What do you reckon?

According to so so many pundits 'tis the TH Prop that is the Bees Knees. AJ had a very poor night or to put it another way AJ was seriously out played.

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:02 am

Glasgow have their best chance of winning the league, first they have a very good defence, second they have a solid pack when all are fit, they have good set moves and good pace in the backs. Glasgow's weakness is goal kicking and have they got strength in depth with injuries? It will be good for the Pro 12 to have another winner, good luck.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:09 am

I recall Gray being selected ahead of him, but for some reason I thought it was because he was injured. If Toonie doesn't rate him then perhaps a move across to Edinburgh as was suggested above might be the better option for both him and Scottish rugby.

Its a shame as I rated him and was looking forward to him putting pressure on the 2nd row players in the future.

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:10 am

Allty wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:

According to so so many pundits 'tis the TH Prop that is the Bees Knees. AJ had a very poor night or to put it another way AJ was seriously out played.
At the risk of sounding parrot-like I will repeat that Hibbard went off early.He is a powerful scrummager.The young lad that came on had a mare both at scrum time and especially at the line out.Whilst being a back for most of my playing days I picked up that the front row operate as a unit and are as effective as the weakest player allows it to be.I am not au fait enough to describe the nuances but even I can grasp that if the bloke along side you is struggling it will have an impact on your game.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:18 am

The whole 8 is as good as its weakest link.

AJ was in some difficulty and not all to do with Hibbards departure.

Out of interest the flanker and 2nd R are more of an influence in the TH play than the hooker

Last edited by Allty on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelin)

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:24 am

Well,that is Adam Jones out of the Lions then.How has he got his reputation?Bring in the Scottish to rescue the Lions!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Sensible Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:55 am

Calm down, Taff, no one is saying that. Just pointing out the Jones didn't have his best game against Grant, who by contrast had a very good game.

Captain_Sensible

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:01 am

Taffineastbourne wrote:Well,that is Adam Jones out of the Lions then.How has he got his reputation?Bring in the Scottish to rescue the Lions!

Yeah chill pills are in order. Noone is saying Jones isn't the best tighthead available to the Lions, just pointing out that he came up against a Loosehead in Grant that gave him a tough day at the office. Boosting Grant's credentials rather than diminishing Jones'. thumbsup
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:16 am

Taffineastbourne wrote:Well,that is Adam Jones out of the Lions then.How has he got his reputation?Bring in the Scottish to rescue the Lions!

Why is he out of contention. He had a poor game which was very little to do with Hibbs departure

Out of interest the flankers and 2nd row are of more importance to the front rows welfare than the hooker

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Totalflanker Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:36 am

Don't agree that Grant had Jones in scrum, I think they pretty much nullified one another, hence the double yellow card. Neither could get the upper hand hence the continual issues with collapse.

From a Glasgow perspective this was great, as before the game I figured Jones would eat Grant up. But I don't think this can be seen as a huge negative for Jones, he is still the best scrummaging tight head in my opinion and the first pick for the lions........so not a case of Jones stock going down, more a case of Grant's scrummaging stock going up. What was more telling was the work Grant did around the pitch.

The scrum advantage for Glasgow only really took hold when Jones was substituted, when Grant did get a significant upper hand.

Totalflanker

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:47 am

Taff.... are you seriously suggesting that the Ospreys were on some sort parity when Hibbard was the pitch. The first contact the scrum went down against the Os, the second scrum Hibbard popped up suprise suprise, and the third was when Os went back at a rate of knots. Grant sussed Adam Jones out in the 6Ns this year..... dont know if he is carrying a left shoulder injury but every time this season I have seen him he illegally binds and regularly turning into and pulling the scum down. Grant on the night sussed him out from the off before and after Hibbard was on the park. Jeeze not saying that Adam Jones isnt a world class player and shouldnt be in the Lions team and that Hibbard isnt a good player but give credit to a Glasgow front 5 that clearly as a unit and individually were much better that their counterparts. Personally I think that Ken Owens of the Scarlets who was pretty damn good against more or less the same Glasgow pack the week before was totally dominant in set play and the loose I think is now playing better than Hibbard in all areas.
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Totalflanker Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:55 am

Not sure about Taff, but I would certainly say there was parity or at least dubiety - evidenced my side by the fact that until Hibbard went off and more so the double yellow card, when Rolland blew the whistle at collapse/stand-up/wheel I sure as hell wasn't confident which way the penalty was going to go each time.

Totalflanker

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:00 pm

Totalflanker..... they didnt nullify each other at all, the reason both had yellow is that the scrum collapsed three times in a row and he couldnt with a 100% certainty blame the TH or LH but when you looked at the scrum contact Jones binded from the top and also turned into the scrum causing the collapse, the hooker should be balancing the props and Hibbard clearly didnt want to hence on the second scrum he popped up and was pinged. Adam Jones has to be the Lions starter but to say his standing hasnt fallen well thats not right as this is not the first he has turned into the scrum this season......
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Totalflanker Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Flyhalf - yup saw Jones turn in on a couple of scrums and also Hibbard popping, but equally aware Grant dropped his bind on a few others as well as MacArthur under pressure.

IMO the fact the scrum was penalised on both sides (don't get me wrong this is no evidence that Rolland knew what the hell was going on), but the occurrences of these things and the fact it wasn't consistent to me says it was more about who won the hit on a particular occasion rather than one side being particularly on top.

For the sake of disclosure, I should of course caveat the above that I too have about as much knowledge of the scrum as Rolland (maybe even less!!)

Totalflanker

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Me too mate... I was a blindside for the best part of 20yrs, hence the dark arts of the front five was always a mystery to me ahem!.
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next