The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where does Henson go from here?

+30
lostinwales
Artful_Dodger
100%beefy
TJ1
Scarpia
kiakahaaotearoa
Cyril
dragonbreath
XR
beshocked
R!skysports
ScarletSpiderman
offload
Biltong
Jhamer25
Scrumpy
flyhalffactory
funnyExiledScot
tigertattie
GunsGerms
CurlyOsp
SecretFly
gregortree
Taffineastbourne
thebluesmancometh
fa0019
Looseheaded
mckay1402
Jimpy
t1000advancedprototype
34 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Henson's fate?

Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]
Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 5 ]
Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_lcap23%Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 11 ]
Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_lcap17%Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 8 ]
Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 7 ]
Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 4 ]
Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 48

Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Empty Where does Henson go from here?

Post by t1000advancedprototype Mon 15 Apr - 7:33

First topic message reminder :

After 2 matches for London Welsh this season, will Mr Reliable play in the exotic rugby championship or will he move on?

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Empty Re: Where does Henson go from here?

Post by R!skysports Wed 17 Apr - 9:00

I actually think I must now be the best rugby player in the world

I have a fantastic season 20 years ago, had potential and have not played since - it seems stock grows when you do not playing so by now I must be the best around

This is becoming a silly thread

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Where does Henson go from here? - Page 3 Empty Re: Where does Henson go from here?

Post by Jimpy Wed 17 Apr - 9:03

Riskysports wrote:I actually think I must now be the best rugby player in the world

I have a fantastic season 20 years ago, had potential and have not played since - it seems stock grows when you do not playing so by now I must be the best around

This is becoming a silly thread

Becoming?

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarpia Wed 17 Apr - 9:04

fa0019 wrote:

No one described BOD as talented anymore and haven't done so for 10 years... because from the offset he proved himself on the pitch to be a world class performer.

Henson never made that transfer, he got close in 05 but couldn't back up his form in the AIs in 04 and the 6N 05 and he drifted away.

Which is exactly what his supporters regret. But the people on here who deny his talents are just being silly or letting their dislike of the man cloud their judgement.

Scarpia

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Wed 17 Apr - 9:07

No one plays 12 out of choice over 10.

Flyhalf is the position distributors aspires to be. Its the quarterback position, the strings puller.

Most second five eigths like Henson are decent players but their game management skills just aren't quite good enough to warrant them playing 10.
Henson didn't play 10 because there were better players in that position then him.

Its the same with Luke McAllister, Frans Steyn, Aaron Mauger, Elton Flatley, Mike Catt.... all were would be 10s... all found themselves at 12 because of Dan Carter, Butch James, Morne Steyn, Stephen Larkham and Jonny Wilkinson.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 17 Apr - 9:10

fa0019 wrote:No one plays 12 out of choice over 10.

Flyhalf is the position distributors aspires to be. Its the quarterback position, the strings puller.

Most second five eigths like Henson are decent players but their game management skills just aren't quite good enough to warrant them playing 10.
Henson didn't play 10 because there were better players in that position then him.

Its the same with Luke McAllister, Frans Steyn, Aaron Mauger, Elton Flatley, Mike Catt.... all were would be 10s... all found themselves at 12 because of Dan Carter, Butch James, Morne Steyn, Stephen Larkham and Jonny Wilkinson.

Note: This is not a 'real' position in Rugby Union. Not in this hemisphere anyway.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Wed 17 Apr - 9:14

Scarpia wrote:.......................

But Henson did ALL those things extremely well. Take just one of those skills and yes, you may be able to find a player who was better. But you won't find a player who did them ALL better. And regarding his "losing" his No10 shirt to Hook - we all know, although you will deny it - that this was at the behest of Mike Ruddock who saw the potential for Henson as a 12. He played fullback for the Ospreys when required by circumstances because, contrary to popular belief, he was a good clubman - and again because he had such a remarkable array of skills that he could play play anywhere from 10 to 15.

Yes - we have already given you two BOD and Carter. We could also give you Catt, Wilkinson and many others.

Henson had talent and could have been a good player no doubt - but he was not that special in anyway and no where ner the talents of BOD or Carter or any number of other players

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Wed 17 Apr - 9:15

Scarpia wrote:
fa0019 wrote:

No one described BOD as talented anymore and haven't done so for 10 years... because from the offset he proved himself on the pitch to be a world class performer.

Henson never made that transfer, he got close in 05 but couldn't back up his form in the AIs in 04 and the 6N 05 and he drifted away.

Which is exactly what his supporters regret. But the people on here who deny his talents are just being silly or letting their dislike of the man cloud their judgement.

No one is denying his talents - just realistic that he was not that special - no more talented than a number of players of his generation

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 17 Apr - 9:35

Which all just goes to prove that talent doesnt mean anything when you have sheet for brains...

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 17 Apr - 10:51

Jimpy wrote:

Note: This is not a 'real' position in Rugby Union. Not in this hemisphere anyway.

Your team is not a real rugby team. Not in the SH anyway. kiss

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Wed 17 Apr - 12:03

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

laughing

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 17 Apr - 12:14

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

Well, your team was made to look distinctly average for 80 minutes last Autumn as I recall.... Yahoo

Were they issing an eigth or two?

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 17 Apr - 12:19

No but your eighth is missing an h.

I wouldn't work myself up too much. Just indulging in a little banter before the rematch in November. Hug

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 17 Apr - 18:30

Scarpia wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:
Scarpia wrote:All I can say is that I saw him play his first game for Swansea RFC and followed him till he left The Ospreys. He had a wonderful talent. Anyone who says differently either saw him play only occasionally or is Wumming, or, because they don't like him, refuse to acknowledge the obvious truth of the matter. Through a combination of bad luck (injuries, a preposterously long ban, exaggerated press reports about his behaviour and, some would say, Woodward's treatment of him with the Lions) bad advice (the book) bad judgement (letting his marriage lead to a "celebrity" lifestyle) his starting to believe the media hype he never reached the heights he should have reached. He has to take a lot of the blame for not being able to see what was happening and taking the correct course of action but there were many other people who could have helped him but did not. I will always be glad that I saw him at his best. I will always be sorry that it all went wrong.

There were more accurate kickers, more destructive tacklers, better defensive and offensive players, faster and quicker 10/12s..........

But Henson did ALL those things extremely well. Take just one of those skills and yes, you may be able to find a player who was better. But you won't find a player who did them ALL better. And regarding his "losing" his No10 shirt to Hook - we all know, although you will deny it - that this was at the behest of Mike Ruddock who saw the potential for Henson as a 12. He played fullback for the Ospreys when required by circumstances because, contrary to popular belief, he was a good clubman - and again because he had such a remarkable array of skills that he could play play anywhere from 10 to 15.

Total and utter tosh
I went down to watch the Os a lot when I consulted in Wales and know many good guys (and gals) who were and are still are " thro thick and thin" supporters , there hasn't been one who stated that Mike (Ruddock) moved Henson out of the key and pivotal position of flyhalf when everyone and their dog know he desperately wanted to remain in that role for Swansea RFC/Ospreys and Wales because he thought he would be a world class 12 and thus forced the Swansea coaches to move him to I/C.

Unfortunately (and you know it) Henson had by then so many opportunities to nail the 10 shirt and consistently failed, and there were better and more consistent 10s for Wales in the form of Wellies and Robinson..... crikey even Sweeney, and better 10s coming through for the club/region hence most supporters/coaches by then were beginning to realise the most overriding "TALENT" Henson had was "POTENTIAL" and that was looking like it just weren't going to improve much upon his U19 World player of the year, and consistent ability to be inconsistent at the key role of 10 meant that coaches at the Region and the coaches at National Side both thought the same "how do you solve the problem with Henson" as you just cant play him at 10 but the media money demands that you have the self promotion in the side somewhere. Cant play him at 15 because we had faster and better FBs..... heck wack him at I/C and lets hope nobody notices

So are you seriously saying that Ruddock risked Wales success and the Welsh Public fury by moving the greatest 10 to inside centre which he ever played?, and that Lyn Jones before that did the same down at Swansea Shocked

Yes....... Tumbleweed
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarpia Wed 17 Apr - 20:09

I have never actually stated that Henson was the greatest 10. However, he played at 10 for Swansea and then the Ospreys until Mike Ruddock selected him at 12 for Wales.

As for your reference to Robinson as a better player - well now I know you are kidding.

Scarpia

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 17 Apr - 20:33

Scarpia wrote:I have never actually stated that Henson was the greatest 10. However, he played at 10 for Swansea and then the Ospreys until Mike Ruddock selected him at 12 for Wales.

As for your reference to Robinson as a better player - well now I know you are kidding.

There are many more qualified persons than me who are regular welsh supporters of clubs / regions and welsh fans who have stated that Nicky Robinson has immense natural talent, much more talented than his progress as a 10/12/15 has warranted. If I said he was a better player then what I meant to say was MORE TALENT or perhaps what I really mean is MORE POTENTIAL...... the thing about Robinson was he demonstrated unbelievable ridiculously high skillsets on times followed by troughs of inconsistencies of pure rot. But when he played superb then he really was superb "untapped potential" you may say.

He (Henson) actually played 15 and 12 for his club well before Ruddock had enough of him at flyhalf, didn't help by that time the "Galacticos theme was running through the Ospreys
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarpia Thu 18 Apr - 7:58

Nothing you say will change my mind. Nothing I say will change your mind, so I think we may as well put a stop to this now.

But I know I'm right! Very Happy

Scarpia

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Thu 18 Apr - 8:28

Can you imagine Henson working in the city as so many rugby players do after their careers... Perhaps the saviour to the financial crisis????

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 18 Apr - 10:43

Cannot believe there are still posts about this muppet. Is he still alive?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Thu 18 Apr - 10:51

come on Taylorman... don't pretend you're not a closet fan!!! Wink

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 18 Apr - 11:10

fa0019 wrote:come on Taylorman... don't pretend you're not a closet fan!!! Wink
Laugh

I honestly think he is, any player with silky skills the T'man loves. But he won't acknowledge it unless they dress in BLACK.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 18 Apr - 11:27

Shave your legs, use oompa-loompa tan and ball room dance. That's three strikes, you're out. No need to go to clown school. You've graduated top of the class.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Mon 22 Apr - 13:14

Likely to be Bath according to the Western Mail today! (wales on line)

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 22 Apr - 15:32

Hersh will celebrate such a fine Bath signing. Yahoo

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 22 Apr - 18:19

Looks like he is going to Bath.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue 23 Apr - 12:05

Taylorman wrote:Cannot believe there are still posts about this muppet. Is he still alive?
From the neck up I have my doubts!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 25 Apr - 18:33

Looks like Bath are very interested.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman Thu 25 Apr - 19:54

And Carter? Are they trying to dunno. Rehab? Reeducation ? Reorientation ?
Am I dreaming? The problem with Gav, is his body not his head. Who'd pay decent money for a guy who's perennially injured. Wish him well but I can't see it

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3