The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales Tour of Japan

+54
wayne
Impossible Standards
Sgt_Pooly
RDSguru
aucklandlaurie
doctor_grey
Scrumpy
Knowsit17
Aelandor
LeinsterFan4life
Duty281
Dontheman
GavinDragon
IanBru
kingjohn7
t1000advancedprototype
robbo277
Pal Joey
Rugby Fan
Biltong
Knackeredknees
Looseheaded
Cari
XR
HammerofThunor
international197
RubyGuby
mrzimmerman
iantobquick
LordDowlais
SubsBench
jimmyinthewell68
Norfolklass
Scrumdown
The Saint
Coleman
thebluesmancometh
Luckless Pedestrian
Seagultaf
youngguns6
sirBiggles
maestegmafia
wales606
sickofwendy
munkian
bedfordwelsh
Jhamer25
glamorganalun
Shifty
welshboii15
mckay1402
Taffineastbourne
ScarletSpiderman
Glas a du
58 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Wales Tour of Japan - Page 8 Empty Wales Tour of Japan

Post by Glas a du Tue 30 Apr 2013, 3:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

I know there was a thread on this somewhere, but it's been swamped.

Wales Lions - likely replacements

Halfpenny - Liam Williams
Cuthbert - Walker, Robinson
Davies - Williams, Maule
Roberts - Beck, Hewitt
North - Owen Williams (gutted for Mike Poole)
Phillips - Aled Davies, Tavis Knoyle
Jenkins - Gill
Hibbard - Myhill
Jones - Mitchell
AW Jones - Lou Reed
Ian Evans - King, Kohn
Lydiate - Ieuan Jones
Warburton and Tipuric - Thomas
Faletau - Bearman

What do you think? Anybody else you'd like to see tour Japan?

Wales Training Squad:
Forwards: Ryan Bevington (Ospreys), Rhys Gill (Saracens), Sam Hobbs (Blues), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Emyr Phillips (Scarlets), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Scott Andrews (Blues), Craig Mitchell (Exeter Chiefs), Rhodri Jones (Scarlets), Bradley Davies (Blues), Lou Reed (Blues), Andrew Coombs (Dragons), James King (Ospreys), Aaron Shingler (Scarlets), Dan Baker (Ospreys), Rob McCusker (Scarlets), Andries Pretorius (Blues), Josh Navidi (Blues).
Backs: Lloyd Williams (Blues), Tavis Knoyle (Scarlets), Aled Davis (Scarlets), Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Ashley Beck (Ospreys), Owen Williams (Blues), Jonathan Spratt (Ospreys), Dafydd Howells (Ospreys), Liam Williams (Scarlets), Harry Robinson (Blues), Tom Prydie (Dragons), Steven Shingler (London Irish).

LATEST WRU PRESS RELEASE:

Wales Training Squad Update

Wales have called Cardiff Blues outside half Rhys Patchell and Newport Gwent Dragons hooker Sam Parry into their training squad for the tour of Japan but Scarlets fly-half Rhys Priestland has been ruled out of the tour.

Priestland aggravated his Achilles tendon in the warm-up of the Scarlets’ RaboDirect PRO12 semi-final on Friday evening and will miss the two-test tour.

Patchell, 19, who has scored 147 points in 22 appearances for the Blues this season and Haverfordwest born Parry, joined up with the training squad when they met for the first time this morning.

Ken Owens, Scott Williams and Liam Williams who picked up knocks in the defeat to Ulster, will continue to be monitored by the National Squad medical team.

Rhys PATCHELL (CARDIFF BLUES - Uncapped)
DoB: 17.05.93. 6’2” / 1.88m. 14st 13lbs / 95kgs
International record: Uncapped

Sam PARRY (NEWPORT GWENT DRAGONS - Uncapped)
DoB: 17.12.91. 6’1” / 1.86m. 16st 11lbs / 107kgs
International record: Uncapped.

Further update:

Scott Williams out. Will not be replaced in the squad.

Further update:

Ken Owens confirmed out, won't be replaced. 27 man squad TBA.

Cheers Munkian:

PRESS RELEASE FROM THE WELSH RUGBY UNION:
WALES ANNOUNCE JAPAN TOUR SQUAD

Cardiff Blues lock Bradley Davies will lead Wales in the forthcoming two-test tour of Japan.

The 26-year-old was named captain as Head Coach for the Japan tour Robin McBryde reduced his initial training squad down to a 27-man touring party.

The squad includes nine uncapped players including Ospreys duo Dafydd Howells and Dan Baker and Blues fly-half Rhys Patchell.

Props Ryan Bevington (Ospreys), Scott Andrews (Blues) and Craig Mitchell (Exeter Chiefs) who all featured for Wales in the 2013 RBS 6 Nations are joined by Saracens’ Rhys Gill and Rhodri Jones (Scarlets).

Uncapped pair Emyr Phillips (Scarlets) and Scott Baldwin (Ospreys) are named as hookers.

Davies returns to the squad after missing the Six Nations campaign due to injury and is named alongside Andrew Coombs (Dragons), Lou Reed (Blues) and James King (Ospreys).

Baker, 20, who featured 25 times for Swansea in the Principality Premiership this season, joins Scarlets duo Aaron Shingler and Rob McCusker and Blues captain Andries Pretorius.

Lloyd Williams (Blues) and Tavis Knoyle (Scarlets) are named at scrum-half alongside Dan Biggar (Ospreys) and Patchell at fly-half.

In the backline Ospreys trio Ashley Beck, Jonathan Spratt and 18-year-old Howells are joined by Blues duo Owen Williams and Harry Robinson, Liam Williams (Scarlets), Tom Prydie (Dragons) and Steven Shingler (London Irish).

Wales face Eddie Jones’ Japan in Osaka on June 8th and then in Tokyo on June 15th and McBryde has been impressed with his squad over the past ten days.

“We’ve had the training squad together for more than a week and we’ve been impressed,” said McBryde.

“They have really put the effort in and stepped up as we have asked them to. Everyone in the training squad put their hand up for selection making our jobs much harder.

“It’s a chance for these players now to experience the international test environment and put their marker down.
Wales Squad:

Forwards: Ryan Bevington (Ospreys), Rhys Gill (Saracens), Emyr Phillips (Scarlets), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Scott Andrews (Blues), Craig Mitchell (Exeter Chiefs), Rhodri Jones (Scarlets), Bradley Davies (Blues), Lou Reed (Blues), Andrew Coombs (Dragons), James King (Ospreys), Aaron Shingler (Scarlets), Dan Baker (Ospreys), Rob McCusker (Scarlets), Andries Pretorius (Blues).

Backs: Lloyd Williams (Blues), Tavis Knoyle (Scarlets), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Rhys Patchell (Blues), Ashley Beck (Ospreys), Owen Williams (Blues), Jonathan Spratt (Ospreys), Dafydd Howells (Ospreys), Liam Williams (Scarlets), Harry Robinson (Blues), Tom Prydie (Dragons), Steven Shingler (London Irish).

Last edited by Glas a du on Tue 21 May 2013, 1:16 pm; edited 6 times in total
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Wales Tour of Japan - Page 8 Empty Re: Wales Tour of Japan

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 6:54 am

Cari wrote:Apparently Navidi is the waterboy!!! Erm

yeah, saw him run on earlier
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Jun 2013, 6:55 am

McBride needs his head tested....now I'm all for blooding new players but come on, you need to think about winning somewhere too!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 08 Jun 2013, 6:56 am

Linebreaker wrote:
Biltong wrote:I like Tanaka he is having a good game.

The Highlanders form is showing?
He's looked good even when they've been under the pump. He's a tough and well-disciplined SH.
to me it looks like he is the decision maker, Japan is playing off him not their ten, he has made some telling little kicks as well.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 08 Jun 2013, 6:56 am

Linebreaker wrote:
Biltong wrote:I like Tanaka he is having a good game.

The Highlanders form is showing?
He's looked good even when they've been under the pump. He's a tough and well-disciplined SH.

Cracking player, must be confident because he hit the 8 off the ruck to create the turnover, not much of an 8 however but still! Like Tanaka a lot, he is the antithesis of Lloyd Williams!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 08 Jun 2013, 6:57 am

Is Shota Hori playing as well?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 6:57 am

Losing Owens, Shingler, Beck and Williams before the first whistle has really cost us so far
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 08 Jun 2013, 6:58 am

Oh and if one more kick goes over our back 3's head I am going to scream, 4 times you Frak morons, drop a few yards deeper!

Who is this gimp? Play the power game, ones and twos, chew my face off, make excuses it's the leaders fault not mine, we'll wait and see, Alan Phillips FECK OFF!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 08 Jun 2013, 6:59 am

Wales would lose one spot if they lose.

Japan played last week, I can see Wales doing better in the second half and ending up with a decent win

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 6:59 am

Head down from the Wales player, they have just been shouted at a lot

Hope they react well
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 08 Jun 2013, 6:59 am

Blues, are you in France yet? I thought you mentioned you are going over for some JWC matches?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:00 am

HammerofThunor wrote:Wales would lose one spot if they lose.

Japan played last week, I can see Wales doing better in the second half and ending up with a decent win

I don't see where thats coming from, Japan have us in every department! I can see the odd try later on but no decent win

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:00 am

Just said on the telly that if Wales lose this, they drop outside the Top 10 in the rankings! Shocked Is that right?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:00 am

Teams for the match LB

Japan: 15 Ayumu Goromaru, 14 Yoshikazu Fujita, 13 Male Sau, 12 Craig Wing, 11 Kenki Fukuoka, 10 Harumichi Tatekawa, 9 Fumiaki Tanaka, 8 Takashi Kikutani (capt), 7 Michael Broadhurst, 6 Hendrik Tui, 5 Shoji Ito, 4 Hitoshi Ono, 3 Hiroshi Yamashita, 2 Shota Horie, 1 Masataka Mikami.
Replacements: 16 Takeshi Kizu, 17 Yusuke Nagae, 18 Kensuke Hatakeyama, 19 Toshizumi Kitagawa, 20 Ryuta Yasui, 21 Atsushi Hiwasa, 22 Yu Tamura, 23 Hirotoki Onozawa.

Wales: 15 Liam Williams, 14 Harry Robinson, 13 Owen Williams, 12 Jonathan Spratt, 11 Dafydd Howells, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Lloyd Williams, 8 Rob McCusker, 7 James King, 6 Andrew Coombs, 5 Lou Reed, 4 Bradley Davies (capt), 3 Scott Andrews, 2 Emyr Phillips, 1 Ryan Bevington.
Replacements: 16 Scott Baldwin, 17 Rhys Gill, 18 Rhodri Jones, 19 Andries Pretorius, 20 Dan Baker, 21 Tavis Knoyle, 22 Rhys Patchell, 23 Tom Prydie.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:01 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:Oh and if one more kick goes over our back 3's head I am going to scream, 4 times you Frak morons, drop a few yards deeper!

Who is this gimp? Play the power game, ones and twos, chew my face off, make excuses it's the leaders fault not mine, we'll wait and see, Alan Phillips FECK OFF!

I thought that was a terrible pitchside interview from him. He came across as a rude miserable barsteward.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:01 am

Disappointing to let that try in before half time, but I hope Wales will settle down later on in the second half. 1 Penalty to Wales and it's only a 2 point game.

If Japan get a quick try in the second half though, for me it's all over Sad.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:01 am

Linebreaker wrote:Blues, are you in France yet? I thought you mentioned you are going over for some JWC matches?

Was supposed to be driving out this morning, but had to cancel due to work callling on me today and in the morning, can't really justify the trip as I fly to Oz in a few days - gutted though was really looking forward to it.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:02 am

Don't worry Cari. That won't happen. Hopefully they've had their wake up call and their ears are still ringing!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:02 am

If they lose, they will be known as the first side of a top 10 nation to lose to Japan

However long their career, they will alway show their first cap as come in Wales first ever lose to Japan

It's like the All Blacks never wanted to be the side that lost to Ireland or Wales for the first time in 50 years.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:03 am

Cari wrote:Just said on the telly that if Wales lose this, they drop outside the Top 10 in the rankings! Shocked Is that right?

I imagine because Wales are so far ahead of Japan, they'll lose the full 2 points if they lose (3 points if it were to be over 15 points).

The rankings do not distinguish between a full strength and this Wales team. It's a Wales team in a full international, and that's all the rankings consider.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:03 am

Cari wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:Oh and if one more kick goes over our back 3's head I am going to scream, 4 times you Frak morons, drop a few yards deeper!

I thought that was a terrible pitchside interview from him. He came across as a rude miserable barsteward.

Only met him once, and that interview was far happier, polite and likeable than I remember, he is sadly everything that is wrong with the Welsh game!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:03 am

Pathetic penalty to give away

Someone put Tipuric on a plane!
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:05 am

Cari wrote:Just said on the telly that if Wales lose this, they drop outside the Top 10 in the rankings! Shocked Is that right?

No, that's ridiculous. Wales are on 83.36. The absolute maximum they can lose is 3 points, which would see the above Samoa who are 7th. And definitely above Ireland who are 9th and can't get much from their game.

Bluesman, I just think a big issue is lack of game together and think they'll get stronger as the game goes on.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:05 am

Well wales' arrses saved there by the miss.

11-6 at 43:27.

Come on boys, we need to score badly.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:06 am

Big chance

Howells almost had a chance to make a name for himself
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:06 am

HammerofThunor wrote:

No, that's ridiculous. Wales are on 83.36. The absolute maximum they can lose is 3 points, which would see the above Samoa who are 7th. And definitely above Ireland who are 9th and can't get much from their game.

Bluesman, I just think a big issue is lack of game together and think they'll get stronger as the game goes on.

I hope your right mate

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:06 am

HammerofThunor wrote:

OK thanks for clearing that up...don't now what they were on about then.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:07 am

The front row appears to have taken over the role of the backrow aswell

Andrews and Phillips are doing well
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:08 am

Phew! Biggar edges us closer...

11-9 at 47:02.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:08 am

Ok people my daughter is now up and robbed the remote Doh

Keep up the commentary guys....and cari

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:09 am

wales606 wrote:The front row appears to have taken over the role of the backrow aswell

Andrews and Phillips are doing well

Andrews has been superb, might as well whip a 7 jersey on, he's doing the job better than anyone else out there!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:10 am

I think the MOTM is likely to be a Japanese player at this rate.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:11 am

Why does Andrews keep getting called Scott Baldwin?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:12 am

Bradley Davies looks knackered.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:12 am

Cari wrote:I think the MOTM is likely to be a Japanese player at this rate.
between the Japanese 13 or 9 atm
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:13 am

WHAT IS MCCUSKER AND KING DOING THERE?! Mccusker is out of the line and nowhere, and King is just lying over the wrong side while conceding ground in the tackle!, Pretorious can't do any worse...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:13 am

COOMBS OFF???? WTF do the other 2 have to do to get pulled?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:13 am

Pretorious and Gill on

Bevington has been disappointing

Coombes is off
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:14 am

Thankfully japan miss another penalty.

11-9 at 52:07

Gill on for Bevington.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:14 am

Mccusker get lost mate!! A drop to add to the list of laughable errors!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:14 am

I hope that scrum half knows there's a penalty when box kicks into the 22.

Phew, got a little more ammo in the "your players are foreign" insightful debates that happen these days.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:14 am

I was all for McBryde going with youth on this tour especially with us not having an A Side for them to get exposure at but his choice of backrow was very poor.

We desperately need an out an out 7 there and both Coombes and King have played most the season in the 2nd row and McCusker well enough said.

Andrews is going well and still surprising me time to give Gill and Prydie a run I think.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:14 am

Lots of mistakes from this Wales A side. Hopefully the seniors will play better later.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:15 am

Cari wrote:Bradley Davies looks knackered.

Him and Andrews have been trying to do the work of an entire backrow and second row
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:15 am

King again nowheresville...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:16 am

At least the backs are hitting the rucks to even things out. Well done Williams

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:16 am

t1000advancedprototype wrote:Lots of mistakes from this Wales A side. Hopefully the seniors will play better later.

Thats the prob its not an A Side according to the books it will be a full Welsh that on this performance so far is likely to record its first ever loss to Japan.

Maybe they should have dubbed it as an A/Development Side.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:16 am

Im in work by the sound of it we coming off second best Cry

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:16 am

And williams saves the day, showing his team mates how to turn ball over at the ruck.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:16 am

Liam Williams takes over the mantle of best welsh no7 on the pitch
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:17 am

Japan on the attack again. Wales haven't looked even close to scoring a try at all. Sad to see because there's some good individual players out there. Just poorly coached it seems.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next