The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd v Guerrero poll

+17
Gentleman01
hampo17
TopHat24/7
rIck_dAgless
TRUSSMAN66
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
kingraf
owen10ozzy
Strongback
manos de piedra
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Gerry SA
mobilemaster8
jack-rabbitpunch
azania
Seanusarrilius
davidemore
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Floyd v Guerrero poll

Floyd v Guerrero poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap63%Floyd v Guerrero poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 26 ]
Floyd v Guerrero poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Floyd v Guerrero poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 9 ]
Floyd v Guerrero poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Floyd v Guerrero poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Floyd v Guerrero poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Floyd v Guerrero poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Floyd v Guerrero poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Floyd v Guerrero poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 41

Floyd v Guerrero poll - Page 2 Empty MAYWEATHER PREDICTIONS AND CHAT THREAD

Post by davidemore Wed 01 May 2013, 10:50 am

First topic message reminder :

Really excited to see the most gifted man in sport. Back.

I'm going to try and watch in Sunday morning without knowing the result, so in advance, if anyone could post a youtube link (legal) on here, Sunday morning, then I'd bromance you forever heart

Anyway, predictions and thoughts on how the fight goes. Can you give my a quick summary of how you see it going down and a prediction. Let me show you mine:

I see The Ghost coming out with his hands up and trying to take it to Mayweather in the middle of the ring. He will have learnt that from Mayweather's last two fights that the ropes simply don't get it done. Cotto and Victor both landed shots, but they also wore themselves out slugging away on the ropes. Foreman style.

So, The Ghost to try and work the body in the first four rounds. Mayweather picking him off and shelling up when required, straight right's and body exchanges, a lack of check left's for once.

By the middle rounds The Ghost goes upstairs, starts to fight dirty, starts to try and push Mayweather against the ropes and unload. Mayweather may lose one or two rounds in the grapple, it may actually may be close in the middle rounds, but with pressure comes exposure, and The Ghost will eat some hard hooks to the side of the head... and body.

By the final four I will have Mayweather up by two or three and that's when he takes control. Putting icing on the cake with piercing blows through the gloves.

A great comeback, a great fight.

Thoughts?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Floyd v Guerrero poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd v Guerrero poll

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 03 May 2013, 12:58 pm

Agreed Truss,

Do think to a certain degree that it is a case of what Mayweather has left. I'm not sure I make much of his inactivity because to be honest he is hardly the most active fighter in the past 5 years regardless of whether he had spent time in prison or not.

Your right that many are basing him on his performance against Cotto, where he appeared a little more static than usual. A sign of his legs going perhaps....for me not likely. He may have lost a step but I think he chose to fight that kind of fight because he felt comfortable that he could beat Cotto that way.

I can see him fighting similar in this one as I don't think Guerrero has the pure strength and power to trouble him at Welterweight. He will mix it up a bit and I think Mayweather will boss the majority of the fight, showing he has a fair bit left in the tank whilst showing Guerrero to be a fair levels below him!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 03 May 2013, 1:01 pm

Guerrero's guerilla tactics are not to be discounted............

Elbow or headbutt can close an eye perhaps.....Draw Mayweather out of a game plan...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 03 May 2013, 1:09 pm

Not totally out of the question granted...

Whether he gets the opportunity to or not is another thing. I would also suggest that if he is to gain that kind of opportunity then he will only get 1 chance...there is no way the ref will be lenient when it comes to holding, elbows or any other kind of guerilla tactics,

This is 1 of a 6 in a fight deal that will make all parties involved an incredible sum of money, as you yourself say money talks and in this case i'm sure everyone involved will ensure to the best of their ability that the apple cart is not upset!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 03 May 2013, 1:21 pm

Floyd is no stranger to dirty tactics or rough house fights, he's far more adapted to Guerrero's style than Berto or Aydin who have both struggled when on the inside against lesser fighters

Guerrero won't want to hold & hit if he's taking more than he's giving unlike the Berto & Aydin fights and getting hit by Floyds sly elbow's on the inside

Unless Floyd has aged dramatically then I can't see anything other than a floyd win, Guerrero just isn't good enough and stylistically is made for Floyd

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 03 May 2013, 1:27 pm

Agree largely with WHU on this. See, I do think that Floyd has probably lost half a step and, as a result, I think this fight will be closer than it would have been, say, four or five years back. But even if Mayweather's only at about 70% compared to where he was back then, Guerrero still hasn't got the right skill set or style to beat him.

Floyd's no shrinking violet when it comes to the dark arts either and, in the rare instances when he needs to buy himself a breather and tie someone up, he's pretty good at it.

I reckon we'll see a Floyd a little off his best form in this one, but he'll still run out a winner 9-3 in rounds and I don't totally rule out a late stoppage.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Floyd v Guerrero poll - Page 2 Empty I'm Officially Torn: Mayweather vs The Ghost is 50/50 Convince Me Otherwise

Post by davidemore Fri 03 May 2013, 10:41 pm

I cannot decide on who I think will win. I have picked Mayweather by a very close UD, but something tells me the ghost is ready to spoil the party, big time.

Thoughts on how the fight goes? Break it down for me people. I need to know your thoughts. A proper pick 'em IF The Ghost fights off the back foot.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 03 May 2013, 10:46 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri 03 May 2013, 10:53 pm

I've been going the other way in that when it was announced I thought it would be a very close fight as Guerrero has similar attributes to guys Floyd avoided in the past but the closer it gets the more I think Floyd will win with a bit to spare.

Guerrero has everything but he doesn't think as well as Floyd. Guerrero defends well or attacks well, when Floyd is making guys miss he always knows how he can make them pay. When Guerrero lets his hands go he can be a bit open whereas when Floyd leads with his right hand he quickly shuts down any counter attempts.

Guerrero will make it competitive as he is actually there to win unlike Ortiz and has a rock solid chin with a high output but I think Floyd as always will do the cleaner work and win enough rounds while avoiding damage and coasting for a couple as well.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 03 May 2013, 11:15 pm

Floyd wins with more than a little to spare,

I've said numerous times already, Guerrero seems to be flavour of the month with a lot of people after his victory over Berto. I appreciate it was a good performance but Berto had already been beaten by Ortiz, who isn't top class himself.

Aside from that victory I wouldn't say he has any real stand out win on his ledger. Litzau is good but not great, beaten by Broner & Hernandez and struggled with Juarez. Casamayor was some way past his best and he didn't have the power to put him away so very much doubt he has it to trouble Mayweather. As for Aydin & Katsidis...well not much to say really.

I honestly wouldn't say Guerrero is that much better than Ricky Hatton was in his pomp, and whilst he probably is a better boxer I wouldn't say he has a better inside game or ability to close down the space...and Mayweather dealt with 'The Hitman' with relative ease.

Mayweather may have aged, though I don't think he has in the way some people want to think, but he has more than enough to deal with Guerrero who I think he will stop late.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 03 May 2013, 11:26 pm

Mayweather stops him In 8

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat 04 May 2013, 10:10 am

After the weigh in i lean towards Money. The Ghost looked a bit well, emotional.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 04 May 2013, 11:36 am

Stop writing articles for the sake of it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat 04 May 2013, 12:26 pm

Why you beefing, Yank?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 04 May 2013, 2:24 pm

Not sure anybody has the right skill set to beat him.....

The older you get however the more you need to pace yourself..........

Guerrero needs to keep the pace sharp..and hope Floyd gases..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 05 May 2013, 9:56 pm

I reckon Mayweather will turn back the clock and win by 9 rounds to 3...

Just have that feeling..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2