The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Punk threatened to quit

+12
Crimey
kingraf
Kay Fabe
Kid Vicious
Mr H
crippledtart
theundisputedY2D2
Enforcer
Mr Video Man
x12x
Blade
Hero
16 posters

Go down

Why Punk threatened to quit Empty Why Punk threatened to quit

Post by Hero Fri May 03, 2013 7:43 am

Source: eWrestling News

As we reported on earlier here on the website, CM Punk had a major blow-out backstage with Vince McMahon to the point where Punk had threatened to quit. New details have emerged in regards to this matter. According to WWE sources, CM Punk was upset about constantly being lied too about his match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania 29. Although Punk didn’t understand the logic of going under, he was fine with it. Conversely, he was told up until the event that the creative plans were still up in the air.

When Punk found out the outcome all along was for The Undertaker to go over and extend the streak to 21-0, Punk was irate and felt that Vince McMahon and Triple H were betraying him by lying to him. This ultimately led to Punk stating that the company can eat the remainder of his contract and that he was finished. This obviously caught Vince McMahon’s attention, and he finally decided to sit down with Punk to iron things out. After repeatedly asking Vince why he had to threaten to quit the company to finally get attention, it’s being said that Punk went all out and vented frustrations about guys like Daniel Bryan, Antonio Cesaro and Kofi Kingston working hard while the company is too busy with ‘hot shot booking’ and storylines to please their own egos.

During the sit down between Punk and McMahon, things took yet another turn for the worse when Punk requested time off to heal up. Although Vince tried to talk Punk into staying around a bit longer for his next program, in the end it was agreed upon that Punk would take some time off to heal up.

In correlation to this matter, there was a conference call a few weeks ago between Punk, Vince McMahon, Paul Heyman and the writers to further discuss Punk’s future, where numerous ideas were pitched. It’s also said the ideas pitched ultimately hinge on Punk’s health and Vince’s desire. Whether or not they choose to go with any of the ideas remain to be seen as plans can and most likely will change numerous times between now and Punk’s expected return.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Why Punk threatened to quit Empty Re: Why Punk threatened to quit

Post by Blade Fri May 03, 2013 8:07 am

Is Punk gonna be heel or Face?

I really hope that he is heel he can play that role better than anyone else in the company and if Punk did quit then they would have lost one of if not the best talkers and in ring performers on there roster and it would have been a right kick in the teeth to the E if he went to TNA and not ROH.

How long is Punk gonna be out for?

On another thread there were rumors that he would be out for 7 months or so could he really be gone for that long or would it be just for a couple of months?

Lets hope its just for a couple of months coz Punk was one of the reasons I turned the TV on to watch Monday night RAW and with out him it would get very boring indeed.
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri May 03, 2013 9:45 am

It's a sad state of affairs when the best worker for the company has to constantly threaten to quit to get listened too and a guy like Cena who almost gets booed out of the building is rewarded with Mania headline matches time and time again.

I hope Punk takes 7 months out, I'll miss him but I think he needs to prove a point to the powers at be and creative that he shouldn't be thrown under the bus time and time again...he carries the company, brings legitimacy back to the belt only to lose it to a People's Elbow and then goes on a high profile losing streak to part timers and super Cena.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Fri May 03, 2013 11:20 am

seriously doubt this story. just another story made up by the wrestling nerds who think they know everything. same as the rock having a major bust up and quitting wwe which turned out the rock did tell vince he wouldn't be there and vince even wished the rock happy bday on twitter
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri May 03, 2013 12:16 pm

The part that doesn't ring true is Punk not knowing the outcome of the Taker match. Even if Creative were stringing him along with a story, he knows enough about the business to know that he was never going to take the Streak with the build up they were given.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri May 03, 2013 12:53 pm

Agree with sjh5678 and Enforcer, it sounds made up. Why wouldn't Punk understand the logic of losing to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, even without the cheap heat build up?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri May 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Absolutely agree it wouldn't be in Punk's nature at all to want or expect to end the streak.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri May 03, 2013 4:43 pm

Another BS article from the dirtsheets. Whenever you see the words 'a WWE source', proceed to take everything else you read with a pinch of salt.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri May 03, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm with you guys on this one, it doesn't seem true. Vinnie Mac isn't one for taking subordination lightly, history tells us he'd just FE him. As good as Punk is, Vince has got rid of bigger and better over the years. I call bull on the story.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri May 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Ryan Clarke is a tool, it's still real to him

(That's if he's still the guy running that webshite)

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri May 03, 2013 6:46 pm

Funny how you guys were willing to crucify Rocky, for an unconfred report but Punk couldnt possibly be capable of anything reported
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri May 03, 2013 6:48 pm

There's a lot more evidence for the reports about The Rock than the one's about Punk.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Fri May 03, 2013 6:51 pm

actually like I said I didn't believe the rock story they came up with either which also turned out to be untrue
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri May 03, 2013 7:09 pm

kingraf wrote:Funny how you guys were willing to crucify Rocky, for an unconfred report but Punk couldnt possibly be capable of anything reported

Can't beat the flavour of the month.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri May 03, 2013 7:20 pm

kingraf wrote:Funny how you guys were willing to crucify Rocky, for an unconfred report but Punk couldnt possibly be capable of anything reported

A lot of people doubted The Rock stuff (myself included). Interesting tweet from Vince yesterday about Rock going "out on his sword".

However, I think theres more to be believed in that than this. Especially as many are reporting Punk to be back on May 27th

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri May 03, 2013 8:13 pm

Punks nature is also one of a guy dedicated to pro wrestling, while rock also has other irons in the fire he would understandably be concerned with

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri May 03, 2013 8:25 pm

For me it's because Punk has been dedicated to the WWE since he came to it even when he wasn't being pushed or when he was WWE champ but still not getting main events over Cena...Punk deserves rest and if this report is true then I actually agree with him over some of the stuff.

When it comes to the Rock he's been away for years, only to come back and take the title off Punk and have an awful reign and then to back back once his movie has been promoted.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by CenaNuff Sat May 04, 2013 11:59 pm

Yep. Hypocrites.

CenaNuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun May 05, 2013 12:41 am

CenaNuff wrote:

Yep. Hypocrites.

There was a lot of people who dismissed The Rock report IIRC, I actually remember people blaming Cena for pushing Rock away rather than Rock walking out without explination.

Personally I didn't buy either of them, but as I said before Rock, as someone to whom his ability to return to a work is paramount, it's more plausible he may have left WWE hanging (understandably), than Punk who is someone that comes across in interviews as someone who's worked towards where he is his whole life and is unlikely to throw it all away for something as trivial as not going over in a streak match.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun May 05, 2013 9:12 am

just saw a tweet stating Wrestlemania 29 was the highest grossing WM of all time. Guess who tweeted it? @dwayneJohnson. This combined with all the love his been getting from management on social media indicates the story was at best, a stretch, at worst IWC obviously showing their Anti-Rocky MO (doubt its that bad)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down