The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who thinks Price is going to get KO'd again by Thompson?

+13
Cast a Shadow
lowpylord
Nico the gman
BoxingFan88
hogey
Mr Bounce
winchester
seanmichaels
Strongback
bhb001
mobilemaster8
TRUSSMAN66
Maddy2k12
17 posters

Go down

Who thinks Price is going to get KO'd again by Thompson? Vote_lcap5%Who thinks Price is going to get KO'd again by Thompson? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Who thinks Price is going to get KO'd again by Thompson? Vote_lcap7%Who thinks Price is going to get KO'd again by Thompson? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Who thinks Price is going to get KO'd again by Thompson? Vote_lcap14%Who thinks Price is going to get KO'd again by Thompson? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 6 ]
Who thinks Price is going to get KO'd again by Thompson? Vote_lcap7%Who thinks Price is going to get KO'd again by Thompson? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Who thinks Price is going to get KO'd again by Thompson? Vote_lcap67%Who thinks Price is going to get KO'd again by Thompson? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 28 ]

Total Votes : 42

Poll closed

Who thinks Price is going to get KO'd again by Thompson? Empty Who thinks Price is going to get KO'd again by Thompson?

Post by Maddy2k12 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:36 pm

Please view the above poll for the upcoming Price vs Thompson II fight.

My view on this one, is that Thompson knows he doesn't have to hit price that hard to make him break dance, so will be well aware that he could finish this early. Price has decent power, but since getting knocked out to such a non shot (despite the commentators stating they have no idea how he even got up from it..) will he be gun shy at the risk of getting hit? Could we see a safety first 12 round bore fest instead?

Maddy2k12

Back to top Go down

Who thinks Price is going to get KO'd again by Thompson? Empty Re: Who thinks Price is going to get KO'd again by Thompson?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:38 pm

Price for me Mate.......

Once bitten..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Who thinks Price is going to get KO'd again by Thompson? Empty Re: Who thinks Price is going to get KO'd again by Thompson?

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:40 pm

Could take a klitchsko stance mate. Conservatice but ruthless. He has the ability to keep fighters at bay with his jab.

I think he takes this on points maybe late stoppage.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:08 pm

Thompson will go looking for the stoppage. He may find a way through in the later rounds, which is what I expect, or may be frustrated all night and tire himself out chasing shadows.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:17 pm

To be honest I haven't a clue.  The punch that knocked Price bandy was so lacking in any  venom it makes me wonder how Price will react when he gets a real dig. 

The KO may have been a freak incident and possibly Price's chin isn't really that bad. Who knows though.  I wouldn't be betting money on the outcome of this even if Price is 1/9 to win.

[th][/th]
1/9David PriceTony Thompson11/2
[th]Method Of Victory[/th][th]Selection[/th][th]Price[/th]
Price Inside The Distance1/4
Price To Win On Points5/1
Price To Draw33/1
Thompson Inside The Distance9/1
Thompson To Win On Points20/1
Price To Draw33/1

Last edited by Strongback on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Az

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy2k12 Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:06 pm

9/1 for Thompson to KO him again..I'm quite surprised by that. That's close to giving free money away!

Maddy2k12

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:15 pm

i'll have a pop on 9/1 if that is true.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:36 pm

Jesus! Where are those odds from?! 9/1 on a thompson ko after what happened last time?? Wowzer ill put money on that and the 5/1 looks a nice bet for price points!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:57 pm

Price will win by KO. The first fight was a bit of a fluke. He got caught but that can happen in heavyweight boxing. Cant see him making that mistake again. With the power Price has this one wont go the distance.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:24 pm

Given the amount of publicity the fight's been given Price will not box again if he loses. Therefore I fully expect him to box carefully for a round or two then unleash a monster of a right hand which will separate Thompson from his senses.

If he doesn't, he's history.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Price will be cautious this time, but i can see him sparking Thompson when he lands cleanly. Although i dont think Price has a chin of iron like Oliver McCall by any means, i do think the punch in the first fight behind the ear was a bit of a freak shot and anyone who has boxed knows that can sometimes scramble your brain worse than a good shot to the jaw.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:21 pm

I don't bet very often but 9/1 on a Thomson KO look like very good odds indeed!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:24 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:I don't bet very often but 9/1 on a Thomson KO look like very good odds indeed!
I can't find a price on any of my accounts.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Price will be far more cautious this time and will try and pick his punches,Price by stoppage.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by lowpylord Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:04 pm

Tight guard, cautious, negative win for Price.

lowpylord

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast a Shadow Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:16 pm

Tony will be right up for this and believing he can do a similar job to last time. What struck me about the first fight besides the finish was the way he was unfazed by some of Price's best shots. Would suggest that even though Price carries a serious dig it's nothing Thompson hasn't faced before.

Factor in TT's durability (despite his physical appearance perhaps suggesting otherwise) and the possibility of him landing the jackpot shot when Price loses his cool somewhere around the 7th looks like a decent bet at 9/1.

But then I had money on Audley to beat Wilder - should probably declare that.

Cast a Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:11 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:I don't bet very often but 9/1 on a Thomson KO look like very good odds indeed!
I can't find a price on any of my accounts.

I read those odds on the website of the bookie Toals......... http://www.toals.co.uk/odds/boxing/0

Not many offering odds on this fight. Seems a bit strange.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:23 pm

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/boxing

1/6 with Paddy.

Price to win that is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:33 am

Honestly do think Price is chinny, even more so than Wlad, but he could learn a lot from how Wlad fights. I think Price got caught up in the hype surrounding him, what with all the early KOs and all, and started to think he was some kind of invincible wrecking machine. He got careless, thinking he could just blow anyone out of there, and suffered the consequences. He knows now that he's vulnerable and, if he fights sensibly behind his jab and controls the distance well, like Wlad, he can utilise his power at the appropriate moment and go far. If he's learned his lessons, I'll plump for a late (7-10rd) KO in favour of David.

Really do think that footwork, movement and defence are the keys to Price's success from hereon in.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:30 pm

I think the biggest prompt that Price should take from Wladimir is to use his height to lean on his opponent and pull their head down in close.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:14 pm

1 to 6 on a price win.  Thompson sounding like a good bet.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:24 pm

I'll be interested to see how powerful Price remains if this does go late.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down