The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Price - Still have the World at his feet ???

+15
Adam D
monty junior
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
tunes666
TheMackemMawler
milkyboy
ShahenshahG
BoxingFan88
Strongback
seanmichaels
TopHat24/7
ONETWOFOREVER
bhb001
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

David Price - Still have the World at his feet ??? - Page 2 Empty David Price - Still have the World at his feet ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Jun 2013, 4:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Timing is everything in life........and the funny thing is the Thompson loss just might be what the guy needed......Let's face it the loss was a bit freakish apparently he had an injured eardrum which does affect your balance....

More importantly he is out of the equation at the the right time!!........It will take him another year to get to World level after he beats Thompson which he will!!!!.... and in that time both Klits will probably be gone........Fury or Haye will probably be damaged goods........and believe it or not I still think he's the most polished out of all the Brit heavies If not the best...Haye still is but he gets older and more de-motivated day by day,,,,

Napoleon always said "Never mind if he's good.......... Is he lucky???

Have a feeling a la Schmelling-Louis........The Thompson loss might not affect him one bit.........It might actually do him long term good...As the streets might clear up for him!!

Price still has the World at his feet..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 18 Jun 2013, 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

David Price - Still have the World at his feet ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: David Price - Still have the World at his feet ???

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 4:04 pm

by TRUSSMAN66 Today at 3:58 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Don't see Haye-Vitali..........Haye seems himself as a superfighter. What he'll get offered will be regarded as an insult by him..

Haye also knows that Vitali, age be damned, is the jewel in the crown. Widely acknowledged (even by his own brother) as the better of the two, I think Haye will take the opportunity to face Vitali.

Should Haye win, he will look to make his money facing Wlad again in THE unification fight

With all due respect (which isn't much David Price - Still have the World at his feet ??? - Page 2 Icon_cool)........His brother is going to say that isn't he..

Everybody else widely acknowledges Wlad is the best...You're becoming a fanboy of Haye me thinks..

Always been a fan of Haye....hardly breaking news

Vitali never says that Wlad is the better man, he just says they have tough sparring and will never fight him professionally. The unspoken sentiment that Vit would beat the snot out of Wlad seems evident...at least to me.

Everyone widely acknowledges that Wlad is the better technician but if asked who they'd want by their side when the going gets tough, most would plump for Vitali.

Back to top Go down

David Price - Still have the World at his feet ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: David Price - Still have the World at his feet ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 4:06 pm

Are you telling me that Vitali is rated higher than his brother by the majority..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 4:08 pm

Rare disagreement with you Dave, I have to say Wlad is regarded as the better boxer nowadays and is higher ranked by all of the organisations besides the WBC. kiss

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 4:10 pm

Doesn't matter what I tell you, you have your opinion and are entitled to hold it.

My belief is that in boxing circles, whilst Wlad is considered to be a better boxer and technician, Vitali is regarded as the hard man who doesn't mind getting stuck in whilst Wlad will forever be known for being cautious (call it fighting smart or whatever you prefer)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 4:25 pm

Tex Cobb was a hard man...

No Jabby....Vitali is better because he's never said his brother is better than him...

Forget performances, records, skill etc.......That's the jUICE!!Wink Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 4:31 pm

Forget performances, records, skill etc.......That's the jUICE!!

Given their records are pretty comparable and add the fact that Vitali has never hit the deck in his career, it's not an outrageous suggestion to think he has any number of advantages over his brother that many would use to formulate an argument that he's the tougher prospect. Whilst Wlad may be more polished, Vitali's style is just as awkward and not many land cleanly on him and certainly not without taking anything back in return

Most suggest that if you catch Wlad flush you have a good chance of knocking him out whereas catching Vitali flush on the chin will only upset him.

Still, feel free in you arrogance to dismiss the notion out of hand completely

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Wed 19 Jun 2013, 4:35 pm

I think certainly a few years ago Vitali was regarded as the best all rounder - as i recall this came down to chin in a lot of cases, most acknowledged that Vitali had never looked like being stopped, whilst Wlad had a ropey chin.

I'd say Wlad, always rated as technically the best, has overtaken him in my opinion to be honest.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 4:37 pm

David Haye is the name that sticks out on Wlad's record....

Fact is the general consensus is Wlad is higher and that's that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 4:42 pm

All we need is for people to be claiming Vitali is the better brother isn't it...Should haye beat him...I can see it now..

"Don't need to fight Wlad".."I beat the best brother"..."told you it was my toe"....."'I'm now a top 10 Heavy"

Come on the only reason he wants Vit Is because he knows he was slapped off Wlad and Vitali is older and easier to beat!!

Couldn't stop Chisora.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 19 Jun 2013, 4:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 4:45 pm

Like I said Mamba, it's an opinion an the question TRUSS was "is Vit rated higher than his brother by the majority?"

All I've done is make a case for why he could be whilst acknowledging that he's technically poorer than his brother. I always though Vit had an ugly awkward style from way back when he was fighting Herbie Hide (his reach and the way he leaned back when throwing jabs meant he was going to be high on impossible to beat - crude but effective)

In a dark alley facing half a dozen knife wielding nutters I'd rather have Vitali by my side than Wlad. Then again, I'd rather have Wlad than Tyson Fury but that's because Fury is likely to have set the whole thing up and they're his bloody cousins

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 4:51 pm

Vitali is easier to hit..so you'd prefer him with knife wielding nutters..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 4:51 pm

Like I said Mamba, it's an opinion an the question TRUSS was "is Vit rated higher than his brother by the majority?"

All I've done is make a case for why he could be whilst acknowledging that he's technically poorer than his brother. I always though Vit had an ugly awkward style from way back when he was fighting Herbie Hide (his reach and the way he leaned back when throwing jabs meant he was going to be high on impossible to beat - crude but effective)

In a dark alley facing half a dozen knife wielding nutters I'd rather have Vitali by my side than Wlad. Then again, I'd rather have Wlad than Tyson Fury but that's because Fury is likely to have set the whole thing up and they're his bloody cousins

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 4:53 pm

You haven't really made a case though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Wed 19 Jun 2013, 4:59 pm

It's probably subjective as to which you prefer to fight dependent on styles.

I have to say i thought Wlad really turned the screw against Haye and looked fantastic.  He's fought his share of tomato cans (not blaming him, there hasn't been much about) and I fancied Haye to do him, but he showed a lot of class in that fight, and a lot of skill.

Vitali's sheer size and strength however is phenomenal.

I wouldn't be racing to get in against either of them.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2