The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan vs Broner - Who wins

+11
Boxtthis
BlakkMamba
tunes666
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
bellchees
OasisBFC
davidemore
Nico the gman
Steffan
manos de piedra
Pedro147
15 posters

Go down

Khan vs Broner - Who wins Empty Khan vs Broner - Who wins

Post by Pedro147 Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:15 pm

Let's say it's at 140lbs even though Broner hasn't fought at the weight...yet.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Khan vs Broner - Who wins Empty Re: Khan vs Broner - Who wins

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:19 pm

BRONER - NUFF SED - MOVE ON!

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:28 pm

Tought to call I think and both fighters are capable of winning. I think Khan might have been seriously troubled by some of the shots Broner got Malignaggi with but at the same time his offensive arsenal and speed is so much better than Malignaggis. I think he causes Broner all kinds of problems. Broner is an accurate puncher though and if he has decent power at the weight then Khan will be at risk. Id lean towards Kahn but I think anything is possible in that fight.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:30 pm

Khan on points

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:53 pm

Broner by KO,Khan isn't a huge puncher and he wont keep Broner away for 12 rounds.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 24 Jun 2013, 4:28 pm

Khan will get KO'd very soon by anyone with a remotely decent punch. 

Broner wins.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon 24 Jun 2013, 4:47 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Broner by KO,Khan isn't a huge puncher and he wont keep Broner away for 12 rounds.

i disagree. although there will be a moment where broner will catch him, we don't know if broner has any pop above 135. he certainly isn't a big puncher at welterweight although he won't be feather fisted.

at 140..i'd say khan can keep him off for 12 rounds. he COULD be KO'd, of course he could -  but if he can put maidana and peterson on their backsides, he can do it to broner so it works both ways. broner's defence isn't anything special although he didnt need to show it on saturday.

khan did a much better job on a younger paulie than broner. i don't think he will be anything special above 140lbs. i'd pick a busy boxer with a decent dig over him. he could walk through paulie all night and was the bigger man. that won't be the case with matthysse for example.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon 24 Jun 2013, 4:48 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Broner by KO,Khan isn't a huge puncher and he wont keep Broner away for 12 rounds.

i disagree. although there will be a moment where broner will catch him, we don't know if broner has any pop above 135. he certainly isn't a big puncher at welterweight although he won't be feather fisted.

at 140..i'd say khan can keep him off for 12 rounds. he COULD be KO'd, of course he could -  but if he can put maidana and peterson on their backsides, he can do it to broner so it works both ways. broner's defence isn't anything special although he didnt need to show it on saturday.

khan did a much better job on a younger paulie than broner. i don't think he will be anything special above 140lbs. i'd pick a busy boxer with a decent dig over him. he could walk through paulie all night and was the bigger man. that won't be the case with matthysse for example.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:23 pm

Broner by KO I think, certainly hits hard enough to hurt Khan and is way too accurate for Khan to avoid all night. After a few rounds of seeing what Khan has to offer he'll start to go to work and if a very limited Diaz can get to Khan without much trouble Broner will get to him and finish the job. Khan will probably be ahead up to the 4th or 5th round though.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:28 pm

Khan might be on the slide, and while I am less certain of the outcome now I'll still pick Broner to stop him

He's not as explosive or as big as he was at 135 and is pretty easy to hit, but khan isn't a huge puncher and he's easy to catch cleanly so I think Broner would walk him down

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:50 pm

Personally think khans seen his best days,you can't get away from it you catch Khan and he's in trouble and I think Broner at 23 will only improve.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Mon 24 Jun 2013, 7:14 pm

Very good fight, you have to expect Broner to get better the more he fights at the weight, And Khan is still a great fighter despite all the brushing off and over reactions regarding his chin.. 

Broner does have power so yes there is allways the chance he could stop Khan, but he seemed to struggle with Paulies speed and Khan is even quicker...

Broners Chin is still relatively untested so it may depend on how he takes come of Khans shots..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:14 pm

I think Khan is past his peak, but for all that would give Broner nightmares - if he can keep his head and box rather than rush in hang his chin out to dry and ask to be hit on it. I don't think Broner carries one punch power at these higher weights, and his work rate is so poor I could see khan bewildering him, as one thing he does do is throw a lot. If this went 12 I don't think it would even be close.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed 26 Jun 2013, 6:26 pm

From what I've seen of Broner, he's too stationary. He likes to sit in the pocket. I think this is perfect for Khan. In and out ambushes all night towards a UD. Khan struggles with guys that relentlessly cut the ring off - not Broner's style.

The main risk for Khan would be a good counter. We saw Danny Garcia do that to him because garcia has good timing. Broner could be able to time a few good ones as well. But, after what we saw against Malignaggi - do we really think Broner's power is as good as Garcias?

Broner could certainly win this. But, he'd need to change his usual game plan to do it. Otherwise its a Khan decision.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 26 Jun 2013, 6:59 pm

Good analysis boxthis, my question would be, do we write off broner's power because he couldn't starch paulie? No-one else has managed it.  Also,  does he need to hit that hard to knock out khan.

I'd say this is an even money fight. Khan has the tools to win, and most likely woukc if it went 12... but is highly likely to walk onto some big counters.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed 26 Jun 2013, 7:05 pm

milkyboy wrote:Good analysis boxthis, my question would be, do we write off broner's power because he couldn't starch paulie?.

No, not at all. I think Garcia is the bigger puncher at 140/147 though. No doubt Broner has the power to KO Khan. But, if he played the game of trying to catch him with a counter all night then he could be asking to get picked apart. Remains to be seen if Broner is smart/capable enough to change his style.

Even money fight sounds about right for me. I'd perhaps have Khan as slight favourite.

Anyway, I'm glad Broner has been brought down a peg or two in the public eye - can't stand the guy - he's a moron.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Jun 2013, 7:20 pm

Broner........Khan even If he was winning would find a way to lose...Like he did against Prescott and Garcia..

The kid has everything but brains..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Wed 26 Jun 2013, 7:23 pm

Khan to be winning the first 3-4 rounds before broner starts to time him then winning the rest or maybe a late tko

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Wed 26 Jun 2013, 7:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Broner........Khan even If he was winning would find a way to lose...Like he did against Prescott and Garcia..

The kid has everything but brains..

That's my only concern. If Khan could stay calm, stay out of the firing line, I'd put my mortgage money on a Khan UD. As it is, and what makes the fight interesting, at any time from round 1-12 Khan could wander into a punch as he tends to do.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 26 Jun 2013, 7:55 pm

Can we stop saying "if only khan can stay calm" or "if he can box for 12 rounds" because he just can't do that as that not his style and at this point of his career i doubt we can see him change this mentality

I still think Broner has the pop to put him on his back, I don't rate Garcia's power overly and while it may be better than Broners, Broner is a lot faster and definately hits harder than Diaz who had Khan in lots of trouble

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 26 Jun 2013, 8:02 pm

Khan after 6 rounds seems to lose the plot,never has a plan b and that's if he gets past 6 against Broner.
I just can't see Khan keeping Broner away for 12 rounds tko to Broner anytime from 4th round onwards.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Wed 26 Jun 2013, 8:08 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Can we stop saying "if only khan can stay calm" or "if he can box for 12 rounds" because he just can't do that as that not his style and at this point of his career i doubt we can see him change this mentality

I still think Broner has the pop to put him on his back, I don't rate Garcia's power overly and while it may be better than Broners, Broner is a lot faster and definately hits harder than Diaz who had Khan in lots of trouble

Well, we can;t stop saying it because it's true.

You're never too old to change, or catch someone by surprise.

I don't really rate Garcia as a puncher, he had a 61% ko ratio, and tends to stop people late rather than bomb them out.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Jun 2013, 8:10 pm

He can't change..when he's hurt... his defence mechanism of throwing back whilst wide open kicks in..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Wed 26 Jun 2013, 8:14 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He can't change..when he's hurt... his defence mechanism of throwing back whilst wide open kicks in..

Yes but half the time that's because he's put himself in a position to be easily hurt rather than anything his opponent has done.

That's what he needs to change.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 26 Jun 2013, 8:18 pm

Must have had 5 different trainers and still makes the same mistakes,and he won't and can't change styles now, it is what it is.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 9:09 pm

Boxtthis wrote:From what I've seen of Broner, he's too stationary. He likes to sit in the pocket. I think this is perfect for Khan. In and out ambushes all night towards a UD. Khan struggles with guys that relentlessly cut the ring off - not Broner's style.

The main risk for Khan would be a good counter. We saw Danny Garcia do that to him because garcia has good timing. Broner could be able to time a few good ones as well. But, after what we saw against Malignaggi - do we really think Broner's power is as good as Garcias?

Broner could certainly win this. But, he'd need to change his usual game plan to do it. Otherwise its a Khan decision.

Agree with that synopsis of Broner but I do think he'd beat Khan.

Garcia fought with those tactics and he annihilated Khan. It would be nice to say that Khan has learned from that but the evidence of Molina and Diaz suggests he hasn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:16 pm

You just never know with Kan. Nothing surprsises me when he fights. Hes been on the floor too many times to say his chin is good. But at the sametime he has taken some big shots and survived. A well timed shot catching him when hes off blance can floor him even though in same cases he isnt too badly hurt. Othertimes he takes a shot and gets hurt but reains upright.

It seems to be that when fighters take it Khan, he gets in trouble. When fighters box with him and dont try to pressure him, he often excels. Im not sure Broners style is that bad one for Khan as he doesnt work and move alot and he is an economical puncher. Khans own speed and higher work rate and movement could be very problematic for him. Broners an accurate puncher so he could catch Khan and hurt him. Khan could also potentially get off the canvas to win. I really think its a tough fight to call. Khans not as durabe as Malignaggi but he is quicker, more powerful and moves better so theres a good case to be made for either fighter winning I think.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:20 pm

You're right that Khan has all the tools to give anyone nightmares including Floyd and Broner........Like Hearns no one can outbox the kid........Just three problems.........

1. I have a feeling he could be on the slide..

2. This new supposed defensive wizard trainer saw him decked by a modest puncher in his last fight..

3. His survival instinct is lacking when tagged.......and he tends to mix it up when he should be doing a Larry Holmes impression..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Thu 27 Jun 2013, 7:41 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're right that Khan has all the tools to give anyone nightmares including Floyd and Broner........Like Hearns no one can outbox the kid........Just three problems.........

1. I have a feeling he could be on the slide..

2. This new supposed defensive wizard trainer saw him decked by a modest puncher in his last fight..

3. His survival instinct is lacking when tagged.......and he tends to mix it up when he should be doing a Larry Holmes impression..

Agreed again.

I need to stop doing this...

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu 27 Jun 2013, 8:36 am

TumblingDice wrote:Garcia fought with those tactics and he annihilated Khan. It would be nice to say that Khan has learned from that but the evidence of Molina and Diaz suggests he hasn't.

Yep, that's one way I see a Khan vs Broner fight going. If broner can time him - which he's well capable of - then it could easily be a Garcia repeat. I just think that Broner - and Garcia for that matter - would be/were asking for trouble by only waiting for the counter. Khan had won the first 2 1/2 rds via Garcia before the KO. You could see Garcia was beginning to time him, but if he didn't land such a clean blow then he could've found himself way behind on the scorecards. Same goes for Broner (given the way he currently fights). For me Khan vs Broner and Khan vs Garcia are still toss up fights.That said, yes, I agree: Khan would probably find a way to get himself in to a panic. He truly is a one style fighter, and really can't handle being taken out of his game.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 27 Jun 2013, 9:02 am

To be fair Tumbling Dice....Khan wasn't really annihilated by Garcia. He was winning every second of the fight until caught and finished off. Had he not been caught like an idiot that he is sometimes then he would have exposed Garcia and battered him into a UD similar to kotelnik.

khan can cause massive problems but the highest problem is himself.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Thu 27 Jun 2013, 9:09 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:To be fair Tumbling Dice....Khan wasn't really annihilated by Garcia. He was winning every second of the fight until caught and finished off. Had he not been caught like an idiot that he is sometimes then he would have exposed Garcia and battered him into a UD similar to kotelnik.

khan can cause massive problems but the highest problem is himself.

When i was watching this one for the first couple of rounds I thought "Khan is going to destroy this guy, too much in every department".

I'm still not really impressed with Garcia, I don't think he's anything special at all - he did have the perfect game plan for Khan though, and it was a great punch to end it. Let's be fair to Garcia, that wasn't an accident, that was by design.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 27 Jun 2013, 10:03 am

Khan is more shot than Tupac. RIP.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 27 Jun 2013, 10:17 am

Nice of you to pop by and raise the calibre of the debate davide

milkyboy

Back to top Go down