The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broner calls out Khan

+17
Gerry SA
Strongback
catchweight
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Hammersmith harrier
owen10ozzy
leedizzle1986
Soldier_Of_Fortune
milkyboy
wheelchair1991
Rodney
hampo17
TRUSSMAN66
Herman Jaeger
hazharrison
Adam D
Kareem61
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Broner calls out Khan Empty Broner calls out Khan

Post by Kareem61 Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:36 am

Adrien Broner has posted a tweet calling for Amir Khan to fight him. Is this a fight that people want to see? If so, who wins and why?

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Broner calls out Khan Empty Re: Broner calls out Khan

Post by Adam D Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:38 am

Think its a great fight and a good indication of how a Khan/ Mayweather fight may go.

For me, its a Khan win. But it depends at what weight - I thought Broner had moved up?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:43 am

Khan would outbox him. Broner's been pretty average since leaving super feather/lightweight.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:44 am

Broners last fight was at super lightweight but I think unless the fight is a 147 Khan shouldn't bother. That's where the fight should happen, I think Broner would be in for a shock and Khan would beat him but I don't feel it's the kind of statement of intent fight that Khan needs to have to truly establish himself at the weight.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:12 am

Thurman's looking for an opponent.

Maidana looking for a rematch.

Amir a bit quiet on these two...

Like to see him give Broner a smack though.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:19 am

Think it's a great matchup..........Get it on..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:20 am

Who would your money be on TRUSS?

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:22 am

To be fair Herman, Thurman is in hospital at the moment I beleive after his fight with Guerrero so not sure how quickly he'll be back in the ring.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:22 am

I think Broner will be a bit cuter than Alexander...........However my logic applies to any Khan fight whether it be Manny, May or Broner..........The kid has a top jab and lightning speed so he has to make a mistake....

My feeling is Broner's power is lacking at that weight..

Khan decision..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:28 am

Tend to agree with you, think Broner just doesn't have enough at the weight and will inevitably drop down soon rather than later.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:29 am

hampo171 wrote:To be fair Herman, Thurman is in hospital at the moment I beleive after his fight with Guerrero so not sure how quickly he'll be back in the ring.

This is the pain game baby, Thurman given the all clear thankfully. Nothing more than a swelling. Back in the gym in a couple of weeks.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:30 am

Great matchup for both a case can be made for either winning, but I liked Khan's chances in this one for a long time..

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:30 am

Please don't call be baby, it results in my finger hanging over the "change the username" button.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:32 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think it's a great matchup..........Get it on..........

Agreed.....you could give either a chance.....maybe just favour Broner...ever so slightly...to land the big one...but at 147.....Broner not the same force.....maybe....

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:35 am

hampo171 wrote:Please don't call be baby, it results in my finger hanging over the "change the username" button.

Sorry, I thought I was Keith Thurman himself there for a second.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:49 am

If it is made at 147 i would make Khan the favorite

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:50 am

I think broner is made for khan. Fast hands, but not as fast as amir's, not great footwork not great defence. He could always land the big one I guess (don't we say that every khan fight?), other than that its Alexander 2 for me.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:52 am

milkyboy wrote:I think broner is made for khan. Fast hands, but not as fast as amir's, not great footwork not great defence. He could always land the big one I guess (don't we say that every khan fight?), other than that its Alexander 2 for me.

Think Broner has weight jumped too quickly..........

Think he needs to go down a division.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:01 am

Broner is very static and Khan would have a field day.

Broner would have more of a chance at light welter.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:13 am

Still it's a fight with fan interest..............Two fighters you either love/hate.........

Who disliked Alexander ????

If it's non title maybe they can arrange a 143 or something.........

Think Hearn should nail the Brook fight though for the summer..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:17 am

I'd still watch it truss, it's still a decent fight.. I just think stylistically its khan's to lose.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by leedizzle1986 Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:07 pm

Dont like this fight - Broner has fought his last 3 at 140lbs and at a push could probably still make lightweight- there were reports Khan struggled to make welterweight for the Alexander fight so the size disparity is huge.

We wont find out anything new about either fighter. Khan is boxing well currently but is being carefully matched with non punchers (Broner has never registered a stoppage above lightweight) and Broner is a good boxer who is not effective without a size advantage himself-so will lose comfortably. Broner should fight the Provodnikov vs Matthyse winner and Khan should fight Brook. I get the feeling Khan or his team see something in Brooks style they dont like - a chance to be a genuine two weight world champion in a massive fight for a lot of money in your home country and he isnt taking it.... seems weird to me.Surely he is more appealing to the top welterweights with a genuine world title belt.

leedizzle1986

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:11 pm

leedizzle1986 wrote:Dont like this fight - Broner has fought his last 3 at 140lbs and at a push could probably still make lightweight- there were reports Khan struggled to make welterweight for the Alexander fight so the size disparity is huge.

We wont find out anything new about either fighter. Khan is boxing well currently but is being carefully matched with non punchers (Broner has never registered a stoppage above lightweight) and Broner is a good boxer who is not effective without a size advantage himself-

Apart from Rees you want to tell me who he's fought that hasn't been bigger than him...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by leedizzle1986 Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:14 pm

I dont know on the night weights but i would imagine DeMarco and Pauli were both lighter than him on fight night? They are probably his two best wins. Since going up to light-welter/welter he hasnt look anywhere near as good. Khan would win easily.

leedizzle1986

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:21 pm

He was smaller in height and you don't know on the night weights.....

If I'm shorter than someone and he's a couple of pound or two lighter I'd still regard him as bigger than me....As being taller is part of being bigger ..

But that's piddly diddling about.........

In other words I don't agree with your statement............I think Broner is a very good boxer and saying he needs a size advantage doesn't do him justice..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:06 pm

He got slapped about by Maidana and struggled massively with Malignaggi who has been a punch bag for the likes of Hatton, Khan, Cotto etc. I think his statement hold's up...

You herald Broner as the 2nd coming yet dismiss GGG as proving nothing on other threads; there records aren't that different. Broner's best win are all on about par with Golovkins....and his '3 weight world champion' tag isn't going to fool me into thinking otherwise.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:00 pm

Never said Broner was the second coming...

Don't make silly statements...

He's a better boxer than you give him credit for...Lost once and you say he's no good without a size advantage..

Do me a favor.....What nonsense

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:03 pm

The one guy who outweighed him beat him down, not sure there's a more pleasurable fight to watch than seeing Maidana pound him with that left hook, even enjoyed the headbutt. Beat him like a dog despite the ref being shamefully biased for the cretin.

If he was a better boxer he'd have beaten Maidana and wouldn't have needed favourable judging to beat Malignaggi, he's just not that good.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:06 pm

So If Fury beats Wlad..Wlad is no good against bigger fighters

Crap argument and you know it .

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:09 pm

Fury won't beat Wlad so it's a pointless statement.

The one time Broner has been outweighed on fight night he got smashed, down at 130-135lbs he looked better than he was because he weighed so much more than everyone else. On the night against Escobedo he weighed more than Mayweather did against Alvarez despite there being four divisions difference, sums it up for me.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Don't be stupid..

One fight isn't enough to make statements like he has to be bigger...He's 5 ft 6...most of the guys he's fought are bigger he's fought at 3 weights.

Fury might beat Wlad....Better odds than Douglas Tyson..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:15 pm

So Escobedo was actually bigger than him despite weighing 10lbs less on fight night but that height advantage is all that matters, if he wasn't a failed American star you wouldn't give a toss about him Truss.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:22 pm

Look any fool can see he is a boxer of good ability....

You don't like him....I don't either....

He's a three division man....He's feasted on bigger men.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:24 pm

He's feasted on smaller men, that's why he's failed to make weight, that's why opponents have threatened to pull out because of being over the agreed check weight but ignore all the actual facts, he's smaller.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:30 pm

He hasn't always been bigger and he's only lost once..To the new and "improved" Marcos......

So that's it he's convicted...

How do you know he didn't struggle with Maidana's style ??

1st grade stuff.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Actually in terms of actual fighting weight, up until he moved to 147 he has Truss, in both his WBO world super featherweight title bout against Rodriguez, subsequent bouts against Perez & Escobedo and WBC world lightweight title bout against DeMarco he was massive in comparison to all of them come fight night.

Whilst he has only lost once, the Malignaggi fight (the first time he didn't hold such significant advantage in weight) he struggled massively and then immediately following was exposed by Maidana as a flat track bully whom is apparently a great boxer, yet is befuddled everytime someone actually takes the fight to him.

Interesting that since losing to Maidana not only has he stepped back downin weight but has fought 3 guys who themselves are former lightweights fighting at light welter..

If he was that good, he'd find ways to adapt...box differently etc. He doesn't. He is a decent boxer, nothing more. Nothing wrong with that of course...but you defend him to the hilt yet flat track jump on apparent hype trains like GGG and fail to see the irony in it.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:45 pm

Broner struggled with malignaggis hand speed and workrate, and khan has faster hands, better power, more accurate and higher punch output

Broner could walk down fighters at 135, but not at 147. He's not a useless fighter, he has to use his boxing skills and athletic attributes better but atm he isnt doing that. His power at 147 isnt anything, can he stop khan? Doubt it

Easy khan decision. Would prefer Broner to look at the winners of Matthysse-Provo, garcia-peterson or even crawford if the promoters can agree whereas Khan should be looking at Maidana, thurman etc some proper welterweights

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:47 pm

I think Broner is a better fighter than he's being given credit for..

If every bigger bully won titles at three different weights you'd have more than 2 over here in 130 years...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:50 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Broner struggled with malignaggis hand speed and workrate, and khan has faster hands, better power, more accurate and higher punch output

Broner could walk down fighters at 135, but not at 147. He's not a useless fighter, he has to use his boxing skills and athletic attributes better but atm he isnt doing that. His power at 147 isnt anything, can he stop khan? Doubt it

Easy khan decision. Would prefer Broner to look at the winners of Matthysse-Provo, garcia-peterson or even crawford if the promoters can agree whereas Khan should be looking at Maidana, thurman etc some proper welterweights

If Matthyse/Broner gets made then I will forgive everything that has ever gone wrong in Boxing, i'll even advocate having more divisions and more belts, it would be a thing of beauty.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:29 pm

Khan would whip Broners ass. Broner is not small for welterweight either. He cant even make light welterweight despite intensive weight cutting methods.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by leedizzle1986 Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:41 pm

I am not interested in getting in to an argument.My opinion is beating smaller guys has given people and the man himself an inflated opinion of how good Broner is. Light welter upwards he has ordinary power... He has decent speed and his defence is nothing to write home about. In short he is nothing special. I don't see him beating any top Lww or WW.

leedizzle1986

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:36 pm

leedizzle1986 wrote:I am not interested in getting in to an argument.My opinion is beating smaller guys has given people and the man himself an inflated opinion of how good Broner is. Light welter upwards he has ordinary power... He has decent speed and his defence is nothing to write home about. In short he is nothing special. I don't see him beating any top Lww or WW.

Some people don't get it. They see Broner winning ABC belts at a few weights and gaining POUND FOR POUND kudos and imagine that makes him a top welterweight. He's struggled since leaving lightweight and I agree with your take on him.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:20 pm

Malignaggi pushing Broner tells the story at welter.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:14 pm

I don't get it you're right...These ABC titles are so easy to win at three weights that only 2 Brits have ever done it...In a 130 years...

I'm glad I don't agree with a spoon who thinks Murray is a better win than Manny ..

Geez.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:46 pm

Broner's a silly billy, but Khan's a bigger silly billy. Broner by SD, followed by Khan blaming the whole world and his dog that a man in a hat cost him a certain victory.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:18 am

Broner doesn't have a high enough work rate to out point Khan, Gerry. Not sure he hits hard enough to force a stoppage either.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:17 pm

Broner does well to get 3 rounds on Khan.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:19 pm

hampo171 wrote:Broner doesn't have a high enough work rate to out point Khan, Gerry. Not sure he hits hard enough to force a stoppage either.

wouldn't take Gerry's opinion on who beats who too seriously, Guerrero was going to beat Floyd and Thurman according to him, and any Mexican who fights will automatically win. He's practically a really boring WUM.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:25 pm

Khan would dispatch of Broner easily. The guy is class (Khan not Broner)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by titaniumjaw Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:50 pm

I agree with the poster who said broner is like another Alexander its a low risk fight for Khan broner hasn't got enough power or decent enough footwork to trouble Khan. Another fight where Khan can attack with no risk of having his chin tested

titaniumjaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next