The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan calls for Bradley to be stripped...

+12
Mind the windows Tino.
Day V Lately
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Seanusarrilius
razzaq
Union Cane
BALTIMORA
Daz
Lumbering_Jack
Super D Boon
Rowley
TopHat24/7
16 posters

Go down

Khan calls for Bradley to be stripped... Empty Khan calls for Bradley to be stripped...

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 11:53

Khan tends to get a lot of stick for being gobby and (perhaps) a little misguided for some of the stuff he spouts, but here I think he is spot on.

How can Bradley be allowed to neglect his duties to defend his titles to chase 'bigger fish' at a higher weight class? Aside from the fact I think he's deluded to think he can get anybody big at 147 to fight him, he's just not a big-draw fighter, almost a nobody in fact from a numbers/PPV/$$$ point of view, do the WBC/WBO not think his disregard devalues their belts? Therefore surely they are motivated to strip him??

Personally I'd like to see Khan fight the winner of Guerro Maidana next (which I think Guerrero will win at a canter) in August before unifying against Bradley in a mandatory defence of Bradley's belts. If he doesn't defend he should get stripped and whoever is #1 & #2 in the division following Tim's departure dook it out for vacant belts.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_7063467,00.html

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Khan calls for Bradley to be stripped... Empty Re: Khan calls for Bradley to be stripped...

Post by Rowley Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 12:00

Ultimately we would all like to see Khan fight Bradley next but there is little or no grounds to strip Tim on, Khan is not his mandatory so he has no obligation beyond that to the fans to fight him ,and when did we ever matter. Personally still think this fight will happen, Bradley seems to have developed an inflated sense of his place in the market. I actually like him as a fighter, think he is better than he gets credit for but he can't draw flies, think he will come to realise Khan is his best option and payday because he ain't getting a Manny or Floyd any time soon. Would also be smart to realise if he beats Khan and goes up to welter as the holder of all four belts at LWW and the undisputed man at that weight his bargaining position is greatly improved.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Khan calls for Bradley to be stripped... Empty Re: Khan calls for Bradley to be stripped...

Post by Super D Boon Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 12:37

Don't know what Bradley's game is. A fight Khan/Bradley for all 4 belts sells itself. From his behaviour he looks like he's ducking the truly obvious challenge open to him.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 12:42

rowley wrote:Ultimately we would all like to see Khan fight Bradley next but there is little or no grounds to strip Tim on, Khan is not his mandatory so he has no obligation beyond that to the fans to fight him ,and when did we ever matter. Personally still think this fight will happen, Bradley seems to have developed an inflated sense of his place in the market. I actually like him as a fighter, think he is better than he gets credit for but he can't draw flies, think he will come to realise Khan is his best option and payday because he ain't getting a Manny or Floyd any time soon. Would also be smart to realise if he beats Khan and goes up to welter as the holder of all four belts at LWW and the undisputed man at that weight his bargaining position is greatly improved.

Rowley, excuse my terrible ignorance, but how do you become a mandatory challenger? Is it always the #2 in that commissions personal rankings? If so, how is Khan not #2 - is it just the politics/corruption of the modern boxing game at play?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 12:51

TopHat24/7 wrote:
rowley wrote:Ultimately we would all like to see Khan fight Bradley next but there is little or no grounds to strip Tim on, Khan is not his mandatory so he has no obligation beyond that to the fans to fight him ,and when did we ever matter. Personally still think this fight will happen, Bradley seems to have developed an inflated sense of his place in the market. I actually like him as a fighter, think he is better than he gets credit for but he can't draw flies, think he will come to realise Khan is his best option and payday because he ain't getting a Manny or Floyd any time soon. Would also be smart to realise if he beats Khan and goes up to welter as the holder of all four belts at LWW and the undisputed man at that weight his bargaining position is greatly improved.

Rowley, excuse my terrible ignorance, but how do you become a mandatory challenger? Is it always the #2 in that commissions personal rankings? If so, how is Khan not #2 - is it just the politics/corruption of the modern boxing game at play?

Organisations never rank holder of other belts. So the WBO/WBC will not rank Khan as he has the other two.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 12:53

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Organisations never rank holder of other belts. So the WBO/WBC will not rank Khan as he has the other two.

Yes, silly isn't it!?

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 12:55

Super D Boon wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Yes, silly isn't it!?

Basically what they are saying is that the best fighters in the division, i.e. the belt holders, are not good enough to be ranked. Fantastic logic.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 12:56

In all fairnes though Jack if they start ranking other betlholders it may not leave room for the likes of Dmitry Salita, sure that is a scenario none of us would welcome.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 12:57

rowley wrote:In all fairnes though Jack if they start ranking other betlholders it may not leave room for the likes of Dmitry Salita, sure that is a scenario none of us would welcome.

Agreed. He is the toughest Jew I know.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 13:00

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
rowley wrote:In all fairnes though Jack if they start ranking other betlholders it may not leave room for the likes of Dmitry Salita, sure that is a scenario none of us would welcome.

Would still back Benny Leonard to whip him and he has been dead for god knows how long. To be honest am not sure I'd have Dmitry as much of a favourite against Larry David.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 13:16

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Would they not rank him at all? Not even top ten?

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 13:18

rowley wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Would still back Benny Leonard to whip him and he has been dead for god knows how long. To be honest am not sure I'd have Dmitry as much of a favourite against Larry David.

Larry's sardonic wit would have Salita in all kinds of trouble. I predict Larry gives the kid a severe tongue lashing leading to a mid to late TKO stoppage. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 13:30

Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Hell, even Anne Frank would give Salita a run for his money. He'd have to concede home advantage though; I've heard she's not one for travelling much.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 13:32

Favourite punch of Jewish fighters?

The hook.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 13:44

You could put a different perspective on it.

If Bradley comes out now and says he wants to fight Khan, Gary Shaw will obviously be asking why do you want to fight him now and not when it was offered 6 months ago? Perhaps this would back up Shaw's case in court?

I have a slight suspicion that if Bradley gets through his court case intact, the Khan fight will be made for December.

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 14:48

i think bradley gets pac man if Khan get mayweather and if not they will both fight each other. Bradley may sign with top rank after his contract dispute is over, if he does then you know its bradley v Pac cos Arum loves to keep it all in house.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 15:26

BALTIMORA wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Hell, even Anne Frank would give Salita a run for his money. He'd have to concede home advantage though; I've heard she's not one for travelling much.

Think Woody Allen is a tougher Jew than Salita, his Khan fight was pathetic and highlighted what a mediocre embarrassment the whole 'ranking' system is. Can't believe the Yank media even tried to suggest he was a deserving test, proves the Americans really will hype up just about anybody....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 15:47

That Krusty the Clown has a bit of a temper on him. He is surely above Dmitry in the rankings.

I hate the WBA
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Day V Lately Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 15:59

TopHat24/7 wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Think Woody Allen is a tougher Jew than Salita, his Khan fight was pathetic and highlighted what a mediocre embarrassment the whole 'ranking' system is. Can't believe the Yank media even tried to suggest he was a deserving test, proves the Americans really will hype up just about anybody....

What about Magneto, Salita better hadnt have any fillings in his teeth!

Day V Lately

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 16:15

What about Ariel Sharon?

He's 80+ and in a coma, but I still reckon he could knock out Salita.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 16:25

Primo Levi?

He may well be dead, but he came through one hell of a tough apprenticeship.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by jammin Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 16:33

Truth is that Bradley had overplayed his cards and missed the train. I truely think he believes Khan will beat him and rob him a chance of massive payday against Manny and Floyd. Ring now have him as #2 in their light welter rankings, so he might have already have been robbed of that.

If Bradley is not keeping active at the light welterweight scene then I think Khan has a point but . Anyone know who the number 1 contender is for his belt?

Kudos to Khan for trying to clean up a division by the way.

jammin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 22:43

Although that it's not in the rules right now as to having to unify the divisons but I think after a set number of Mandatory fights I think hey should be forced to fight for unification fights thus ending the reigns of Warren's WBO nonsense and pushing fighters into belts too early when they're not really ready by capitalising on vacant straps, anyone else think this would be a good idea?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 28 Jul 2011 - 9:16

Agreed, reckon it'd be a really good shake-up for boxing as a sport and as an industry. Could have a very interesting impact on the K-bros dominance too....!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 2:36

TopHat24/7 wrote:Agreed, reckon it'd be a really good shake-up for boxing as a sport and as an industry. Could have a very interesting impact on the K-bros dominance too....!

Don't think so. Think Vitali would just vacate since he wouldn't want to fight his brother, which is more than understandable.

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 9:00

licence_007 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Agreed, reckon it'd be a really good shake-up for boxing as a sport and as an industry. Could have a very interesting impact on the K-bros dominance too....!

Don't think so. Think Vitali would just vacate since he wouldn't want to fight his brother, which is more than understandable.

i wouldnt like to be the guy who has to tell vitali that he fights his bro or loses his world title

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down