The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tribute to Broner: the least likeable fighters in history

+25
jimdig
BallchinianMuffwig
Strongback
seanmichaels
BlakkMamba
TRUSSMAN66
Small Time
davidemore
John Bloody Wayne
DynamiteChris
sparxz
compelling and rich
mobilemaster8
Mr Bounce
bhb001
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Pedro147
kingraf
TopHat24/7
bellchees
Valero's Conscience
Rowley
huw
Steffan
Seanusarrilius
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tribute to Broner: the least likeable fighters in history  Empty Tribute to Broner: the least likeable fighters in history

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Ok, who have been the most unlikeable characters in the history of the sport?

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Tribute to Broner: the least likeable fighters in history  Empty Re: Tribute to Broner: the least likeable fighters in history

Post by Steffan Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Carl Froch

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Tribute to Broner: the least likeable fighters in history  Empty Re: Tribute to Broner: the least likeable fighters in history

Post by huw Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Curtis Woodhouse has to be the worst he is just a complete... hang on someone at the door, be right back.... Curtis Woodhouse is great!

David Haye is pretty hard to like.

Last edited by huw on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:54 pm

Have to be careful how we define loathsome sean. Would argue someone like Valero truly deserves the tag before someone like Broner whose primary offence appears to be being something of a tool. Now if you are to ask me who is the most irritating bell end the sport has ever seen I would have to think pretty hard before I could come up with a name more worthy than Broner.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Anthony Mundine is doing good for recent times.

Monzon should be but doesn't get much stick surprisingly.

My namesake Valero wasn't a particularly nice chap from all accounts!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Riddick Bowe and that mindless thug in his entourage were pretty loathable

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Anthony Small is not well liked.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Steffan wrote:Carl Froch

Darling, please

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Steffan wrote:Carl Froch

laughingLaugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:03 pm

I thought that one might go down well Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:05 pm

Broner is a dumb@as, but in a sport filled with murderers and criminales I dont think he is loathesome. Even in line with big mouths, he is far behind the really moronic ones.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:07 pm

Mike Tyson after coming out of jail was easily dislikable

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:10 pm

Audley Harrison

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:43 pm

Brandon Rios
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Derry Matthews

Floyd Mayweather

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:56 pm

I will change the adjective to unlikeable - so people don't feel so guilty about using it Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:07 pm

By all accounts Foreman was pretty horrible in the 70s. He then came back all big and cuddly!! Go figure.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:07 pm

James Kirkland is a bit of a twonk. Thought it was VERY funny watching Ishida (a noted non-puncher) slap him down 3 times.

Dereck Chisora is a grade A doughnut (the whole Klitschko weigh-in/press-conference stunts showed just how classy he is).

As for the worst I have seen, that has to be James Butler, the world's worst loser who sucker-punched Richard Grant without a glove after the final bell rang. Then he went on to murder Sam kellerman. Nasty bar steward.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:As for the worst I have seen, that has to be James Butler, the world's worst loser who sucker-punched Richard Grant without a glove after the final bell rang. Nasty bar steward.
And that was nothing in comparison to him murdering Max Kellermans brother. Horrible guy may he rot in prison

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:10 pm

Steffan was editing that when you rang!! Very Happy

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Steffan wrote:
Mr Bounce wrote:As for the worst I have seen, that has to be James Butler, the world's worst loser who sucker-punched Richard Grant without a glove after the final bell rang. Nasty bar steward.
And that was nothing in comparison to him murdering Max Kellermans brother. Horrible guy may he rot in prison

psychopath, that guy.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Brandon Rios - Hate
Tyson Fury - Hate

Winchester - Despise

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:45 pm

technically not a fighter but panama lewis anyone?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:57 pm

Surprised no mention of degale, oh there is now!

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Theres a South African fighter called Jarret Lovett. Was a supreme talent, lost to Thomas Oosthuizen in a razor thin fight (96-95 on the deciding judge) , but a supreme first-class pr!ck. Tested positive twice for PED, Once saw him slap someone around in a parking lot. Never ever liked him!! Think he does MMA now.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:08 pm

Just for Kingraf...Cassuis Clay/Muhammed Ali.

Before he became "The Greatest " (a term he gave himself), there wasn't a more reviled fighter in America to the degree that the previous holder of "most loathed fighter alive" title Sonny Liston, was exhorted by white Americans beat the **** out of Clay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:13 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Winchester - Despise
Thats a bit harsh. Winchester has never giving you personal abuse like I have had off some members on here

And even I dont despise those............that much

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by DynamiteChris Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Tony Bellew - Wouldn't exactly say he's one of the least likeable fighters in history & he comes across alright in interviews etc but when he starts his hard man act with "I'm a nutter" eyes all he does is make himself look stupid, trying to act like he's a psycho or something 

The first Chilemba fight I thought he acted like a right idiot at times

Mayweather is one I find it very hard to like out of the ring, goes round with his entourage like a complete noob, hits women & shows fellow fighters no respect, remember seeing a youtube vid of him taking the complete p*ss out of a sparring partner whilst beating him up & calling him a bitch

Tyson Fury - what is there to like?

DynamiteChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:32 pm

Steffan, can you apply for a licence so we can include you on the list?

I see what you mean about attracting abuse Steffan. Perhaps it's a gift (of sorts)

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:08 pm

Mayorga!

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:11 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Steffan, can you apply for a licence so we can include you on the list?
I assume your talking about your other alias account?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:21 pm

Mike Tyson sucked.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:28 pm

Tom Stalker for me....and all because he has the most winey scouse accent I've ever heard...I need for him to get stopped by some journey man so he can disappear off my screen.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Tony Ayala jr.............Hit opponents while they were down..........Spit on opponents when they were down.......Done for r***..........

A real nice guy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:06 pm

B-Hop was considered scum for years. Jail bait. Then wise, then a Mr. Myagi type genius. 

People dig success. If Broner continues to be people wont care what he says or does.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:02 pm

Very surprised no one has mentioned Roberto Duran.

Chris Eubank was hated in his day - but he loved it.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Duran is very popular........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:08 pm

He was a horrible person though, if you're talking about nasty characters, he's toward the top of the list - I can't believe many people wanted him to win when he was spitting on peoples wives.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:12 pm

The crowd always loved Duran...Blue collar hero...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:15 pm

Rowley wrote:Have to be careful how we define loathsome sean. Would argue someone like Valero truly deserves the tag before someone like Broner whose primary offence appears to be being something of a tool. Now if you are to ask me who is the most irritating bell end the sport has ever seen I would have to think pretty hard before I could come up with a name more worthy than Broner.

Don't buy the Valero thing and I haven't an ounce of liberal in me. I have a feeling from what I have read that he was very much a victim. Anyway that's another thread......

I'd get in the ring for free for a pop at Anthony small. Can't think of anyone else who boxes I hate.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:15 pm

I can't say I find it very likeable...

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:27 pm

Because you're the ultimate gent...Like me..Cool

Luis Resto.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:35 pm

Now THAT is a compliment Wink

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:37 pm

Haye......no brainer

All SugarRayClayJonesJr did was protest against Britain attacking counties in the Middle East because George Bush told his poodle Tony Blair that they had to get that man who "Tried to kill my daddy".

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:45 pm

Casamayor always came across as genuinely nasty. Was great seeing Katsidis knock him out of the ring- shame about what followed.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:49 pm

The g-man,
Froch is unlikable too.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:53 pm

Kallie Knoetze - Apartheid-era police officer who once shot a black youth in the leg, then alledgedly told him to drink his own blood if he was thirsty. In the court case he told the judge that the kid must just be grateful he had a good shot, otherwise he could have killed him.

That he came within a fight of a world title shot is evidence that the HW scene almost always sucks!
Later became an 80s action movie star (only in South Africa), then married a black lady about twenty years ago.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:02 pm

In fairness to him he doesn't sound like a racist .

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:12 pm

No, I dont think so, but he was a talentless (for boxing, Currie Cup winning Flank) idiot.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Plus his movies all suck
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next