The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread

+13
sportform
CFCNick
Duty281
Mat
GSC
Crimey
NickisBHAFC
Dolphin Ziggler
Luke
Good Golly I'm Olly
westisbest
mobilemaster8
Kenny
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread  Empty The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread

Post by Kenny Fri 28 Jun 2013, 1:20 pm

Not that many if any will be interested in this but my son thinks there should be a Hull City thread as they are now back in the Premierleague .

He insists that they wont get relegated , but then again he still thinks Liverpool can win the title so not sure he is the best judge .

Anyway
Ins :-
George Boyd (free from Peterborough)
Maynor Figueroa ( free from Wigan )
Curtis Davies ( £2.3million from Birmingham)
Ahmed Elmohamady ( £2 million from Sunderland )
Alan McGregor ( undisclosed from Besiktas )
Steve Harper ( free unattached )
Danny Graham ( season long loan from Sunderland )
Yannick Sagbo ( undisclosed fee from Evian )
Tom Huddlestone ( £5 million from Tottenham )
Jake Livermore (season long loan from Tottenham )
Gedo ( season long loan )

Outs:-
Cameron Stewart ( 6 month loan to Charlton )
Cory Evans ( £600,000 rising to £1million to Blackburn Rovers )
Tom Cairney ( loan to Blackburn Rovers )
Jack Hobbs ( season long loan to Nottingham Forest with a two year contract afterward)
Jay Simpson (released)
Andy Dawson (free to Scunthorpe United)
Danny East (free to Portsmouth)
Sonny Bradley (free to Portsmouth)
Mark Cullen (free to Luton Town )
Seyi Olofinjana (released)
Paul McKenna (released)
Jamie Devitt (released)
Francis McCaffrey (released)
Daniel Emerton (released )
Gedo returned to parent club after loan
Faiti returned to parent club after loan

Last edited by Kenny on Thu 19 Sep 2013, 5:01 pm; edited 9 times in total
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread  Empty Re: The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 28 Jun 2013, 1:31 pm

Will be a tough ask as it is for any club stepping up into the big time. Need some decent signings though. And Liverpool will probably never win the league again...

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread  Empty Re: The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread

Post by westisbest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 2:56 pm

I think Dunner might go to Hull.

Hope they do stay up.
Do like seeing the new teams do well(except the blues).

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 3:53 pm

Boyd finally getting a chance in the Prem is great news - but I wish to God Hull had made better signings than these. They'll struggle with the team they have right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 02 Jul 2013, 2:28 pm

City have signed Alan McGregor on a 3 year contract from Besiktas for an undisclosed fee
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:01 am

Paul McShane has signed a new 2 year deal at the club
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:25 am

lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:17 am

It won't set the world on fire , but the couple of games i saw last year when he played he was actually quite good . He wont be first choice or even 2nd or 3rd imo

if it's a back 4 then it will be Rosenior Chester Davies Figuerora , if a back 5 then Elmohamandy and Brady as wing backs and Chester Davies Figuerora
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 09 Jul 2013, 3:33 am

I actually think McGregor is a decent signing, a good keeper that we need who has experience.
Boyd was excellent last year (and quite a few previously), and fully deserves a chance in the PL.
Not overly impressed with the other signings, and don't think they're what we need.

Would like Dunne to come as again bringing experience, and a friend who's a Burnley fan really rates Austin and thinks he'll do well in the PL.

Also another City fan I work with (there's 3 of us near Bradford) and me are glad that the Chelsea, and Man city away games are in the first 3 games. Get them out the way early, before we need the points later in the season.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Jul 2013, 11:01 am

Charlie Austin has failed his medical at City , neither City or Burnley have revealed the exact reason for him failing the medical but it is thought to be something to do with the shoulder injury he has suffered in the past ( he has dislocated his shoulder 3 times ) .

As things stand the transfer is over , City are prepared to sign Austin but not at the price that had been agreed . Austin has 1 year left on his deal at Burnley which considering him having a problem may force them to sell for considerably less then the reported £4.5 million

I actually feel really sorry for Austin as i think he would do well for City , but given he obviously has a medical issue i don't blame City for pulling the plug on the deal at that price as it is a risk .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 11:19 am

Demba Ba worked out well for West Ham, Newcastle and Chelsea. Dean Ashton worked out well for the Hammers as well. If I was Hull I'd just sign him and be done, he's far better than any of their existing strikers.

On a side note, I'm really glad that Robert Koren will be plying his trade in the Prem again. We still love him at the Albion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:17 pm

They are saying the deal is dead in the water but i don't believe that 100% , i think City will probably go back in for Hooper and if that fails will try and get Austin at a reduced price
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:22 pm

Burnley should keep Austin, get him to sign a new deal, then sell him to West Ham next summer for £10m.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:26 pm

He will score goals in the PL imo , so like you said is it a risk worth taking ?

I do think City will go back with a reduced offer .

On another note

City have offered Steve Harper a deal for next season , that would be good business imo
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:29 pm

I heard him on Talksport this morning, saying how he's just sat by the phone waiting for it to ring. I can't believe a quality keeper, and stand-up guy, is left without a club. He's exactly the kind of keeper you want as a newly-promoted club.

Austin is worth the £4.5m, if Hull get the fee knocked down, good for them.

I went to uni in Hull so they're like my 2nd team The Official " Hull City wont get relegated because my 9 year old son says so " Thread  3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:29 pm

Just been on SkySports Steve Bruce interviewed confirms it is a knee problem that Austin failed his medical with .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:31 pm

So not his shoulder then? Interesting...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:33 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:So not his shoulder then? Interesting...

No not the shoulder , the interview has just been on SkySports News and Bruce said that scans had shown a serious on going problem with Austins knee that would not be a quick fix and because of that the deal has fallen through
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:42 pm

If I was Burnley FC and Charlie Austin, I'd be furious with Steve Bruce and Hull City FC. He has no right to leak private health details about someone like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:54 pm

We're now stepping up our intrest in Carlton Cole. Who on his day is unplayable, trouble is they are few and far between, also feel he dosn't score as many as what he should do.

Agree about Bruce Azzy, there was no need to go futher than saying Austin had failed a medical.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 2:24 pm

That one comment has the potential to severely hamstring Austin's career. What PL club will take a look at him now, 'knowing' he has a severe knee injury? I'd have already instructed my lawyers to file a claim against Bruce for loss of future earnings. What a moron.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 09 Jul 2013, 3:02 pm

Sorry but how many games has Austin played in the last few seasons? Knee injury hasn't been hampering him then
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 3:25 pm

Demba Ba's knee was supposedly dodgy too, but he's doing okay. It's not like Austin is Gazza or anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 09 Jul 2013, 3:28 pm

So a guy who has played 38, 31, 46 and 40 games in the past 4 seasons isn't fit enough to pass a medical at Hull due to a knee injury.

Sorry don't get it. If I was a Hull fan I'd be p1ssed off big time. Especially if Carlton Cole is the alternative
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 3:29 pm

Yet bizarrely they signed George Boyd, that pinnacle of fitness with the perfect eyesight Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Jul 2013, 3:50 pm

It is odd that nothing has come up before about this knee injury , i think City will end up regreting not signing him

Please NO Carlton Cole bid , agree he is good at times but very far and few between plus i would imagine would want high wages to come up to Hull from London

The Allams have stated all players must live in the area .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 09 Jul 2013, 4:02 pm

It's a double edged sword for Hull now. Teams will know they are desperate for a striker, so the price will go up that bit more.

I think it'll be Hull, not Austin who will end up regretting this affair. I think revealing his so called "knee injury" is absolutely disgraceful from the club.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 4:04 pm

Steve Bruce - ex Man Utd player - no caps for England - no class either. I'd never play for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 09 Jul 2013, 4:08 pm

You'd be surprised how good a player Cole is with regular football. And, as a team that will inevitably be battling, you'll get a player who no defender enjoys playing against, works hard and defends from the front and occupies two centre backs happily. Still annoyed we released him.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Jul 2013, 4:09 pm

Hull will come out of this badly on all fronts , no player .. bad feeling .. negative press ..and like Olly says now at other clubs mercy regarding transfer fee on another target .

Not good at all , glad my team don't handle transfer dealings like this Rolling Eyes 
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 4:11 pm

My team just goes and signs old players on huge wages Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 09 Jul 2013, 4:15 pm

My team only signs Dutch and Leeds players Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Jul 2013, 4:20 pm

Olly wrote:My team only signs Dutch and Leeds players Laugh

So your expecting a bid to lure Jimmy Floyd Hasselbiank out of retirement then Olly
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 11 Jul 2013, 1:57 pm

Latest City News Rumours

Like i said the other day City have offered Steve Harper a 12 month contract now confirmed .

Strikers being linked South Africa's Katlego Mphela , and today Dirk Kuyt is being banded around

Wilson Palacios , Jermaine Jenas and Jack Colback are all being put forward to strengthen the midfield
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 11 Jul 2013, 2:06 pm

Heard the Palacios signing is a real possibility, and don't think he would be a bad deal.
Not sure about Jenas, as would imagine he would want a big salary, and not the player he was due to his injuries.

Harper's an interesting one, would be great signing. But does he really want to be a back up again (would presume McGregor will be first choice), I've always thought Harper deserves a first team spot.

Kyuyt would be a decent signing, though not the proven scorer we need.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 11 Jul 2013, 2:21 pm

The Palacios deal could happen as it's said he would like to play for Bruce , the stumbling block being City wont pay a fee and QPR are also interested in a swap deal for Diakite ....but Palacios doesn't want to drop into the championship ......so it's upto Stoke if they want get rid of his wages .

Kuyt would be a decent signing if the price/wages are right , but City need a goal scorer
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 14 Jul 2013, 3:51 pm

Hull have agreed a one year deal with Steve Harper who should have a medical tomorrow
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Jul 2013, 3:53 pm

Kenny wrote:Hull have agreed a one year deal with Steve Harper who should have a medical tomorrow

From one bench, to another.

Never got the love for him
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 14 Jul 2013, 3:56 pm

i think he adds experience in a position Hull have struggled with for 4 or more seasons , they have had 9 different keepers in that time i think .

McGregor is obviously going to start as first choice but if he has bad start then at least Harper could step in now .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 4:46 pm

Harper has actually looked like a decent keeper in the 3 career appearances he's made Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:35 pm

Harper passed his medical and has signed a one year deal
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:02 pm

I swear Harper retired? 

Still one of the nicest guys in the game, will help out the young keepers at Hull as well. Good signing.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:17 pm

The latest striker now being linked to City is Sunderland's Danny Graham either on loan or for a permanent £3.5 million deal

Last years club skipper Jack Hobbs looks like he is on his way to Nottingham Forest
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:36 pm

Jack Hobbs was going to be the next big thing about 8 years ago, I can't believe he's going to end up at Forest. Poor kid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 17 Jul 2013, 5:17 pm

Jack Hobbs has joined Nottingham Forest on a season long loan deal which then should turn into a prearranged two year deal .

confused as to why it's a season long loan this season if after that he has agreed a two year contract ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 17 Jul 2013, 6:01 pm

Contract expires?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 17 Jul 2013, 11:14 pm

I would imagine so , but why let him go out on loan why not just sell him
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 18 Jul 2013, 8:13 am

Don't know, probably just how the negotiations went and Nottingham Forest managed to secure it as a loan deal so they didn't have to pay a transfer fee, perhaps Hull were eager to get rid.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:47 am

I will try and find out from my mate , i know that the club were trying to get rid of some players whose contracts had certain clauses in them .

I just find it odd that they have let him go for nothing when Birmingham had offered cash for him in the Curtis Davies deal
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 19 Jul 2013, 4:47 am

In the latest, lets fill up some column inches, City are apparently being linked to Abdel Tarat (spelling), either on a season loan or buying him outright.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next